Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the subject of my reelection as moderator

+15
Tim Wakefield
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanInNH
DWags
Snake Plissken
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Rocinante
pulling69
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteGreenShow
kingstonlake
Gomer
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On the subject of my reelection as moderator Empty On the subject of my reelection as moderator

Post by Gomer 2015-12-09, 19:50

A year or so ago, I was nominated and elected to be a moderator.  It looks like I received 40 yes votes at the time.  It was not something I petitioned for.  It just happened.

By and large, I've done nothing here.  That's what this place requires.  When notified of a problematic post, the response 95% of the time was nothing.  On the occasion that I saw something that looked questionable myself, I'd flag it and let Heat or SRC change it as they saw fit.  

I did recently ban shitstain for a week.  He had it coming, trolled a step too far over the line, and broke the TOS.  He would have thrown just as big of a fit had his post just been deleted, and likely would have posted more of the same.  I like tits as much as the next guy, but didn't want to deal with that bullshit the whole holiday weekend.  So I zapped his ass. I don't regret it. And per the poll that went up, the majority felt it was justified.  That was the full extent of my moderation.  I didn't delete or lock anything otherwise.  I've never so much as considered banning a geronimo.  There's never been anything remotely close to even warrant asking the membership about it.

What cracks me up is how big of a popularity contest this has become with all of the look at me types vying for a spot at the trough. That's kind of interesting for a position that requires just the opposite to some extent. If the moderators aren't supposed to do fuck all here, and there isn't really anything to moderate, does it really matter how active they are?

All that said, I guess I was "honored"  to be elected before. And I'll be glad to continue to keep on doing little to nothing as I had done in the past.  Nothing has changed about the poster I was when I was elected to the poster I am now.

Last edited by Gomer on 2015-12-09, 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

On the subject of my reelection as moderator Empty Re: On the subject of my reelection as moderator

Post by kingstonlake 2015-12-09, 19:54

Your solid with me dude. Didn't even know you were a moderator. Which ironically means you're doing your job the way it was meant to be
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

On the subject of my reelection as moderator Empty Re: On the subject of my reelection as moderator

Post by WhiteGreenShow 2015-12-09, 20:04

Gomer wrote:A year or so ago, I was nominated and elected to be a moderator.  It looks like I received 40 yes votes at the time.  It was not something I petitioned for.  It just happened.

By and large, I've done nothing here.  That's what this place requires.  When notified of a problematic post, the response 95% of the time was nothing.  On the occasion that I saw something that looked questionable myself, I'd flag it and let Heat or SRC change it as they saw fit.  

I did recently ban shitstain for a week.  He had it coming, trolled a step too far over the line, and broke the TOS.  He would have thrown just as big of a fit had his post just been deleted, and likely would have posted more of the same.  I like tits as much as the next guy, but didn't want to deal with that bullshit the whole holiday weekend.  So I zapped his ass. I don't regret it. And per the poll that went up, the majority felt it was justified.  That was the full extent of my moderation.  I didn't delete or lock anything otherwise.  I've never so much as considered banning a geronimo.  There's never been anything remotely close to even warrant asking the membership about it.

What cracks me up is how big of a popularity contest this has become with all of the look at me types vying for a spot at the trough. That's kind of interesting for a position that requires just the opposite to some extent. If the moderators aren't supposed to do fuck all here, and there isn't really anything to moderate, does it really matter how active they are?

All that said, I guess I was "honored"  to be elected before. And I'll be glad to continue to keep on doing little to nothing as I had done in the past.  Nothing has changed about the poster I was when I was elected to the poster I am now.

Can't say I agree with you banning shitnuts (not that my opinion matters) but in large you and the rest of the mods have been solid. It seems the masses are just trying to find the limits of this place recently.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-09, 20:10

Nobody actually cares.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-09, 20:18

Stop taking this so personal. Not like you won't be mod again after the new mods stop posting
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-09, 20:20

Gomer wrote:A year or so ago, I was nominated and elected to be a moderator.  It looks like I received 40 yes votes at the time.  It was not something I petitioned for.  It just happened.

I did recently ban shitstain for a week.  He had it coming, trolled a step too far over the line, and broke the TOS.  He would have thrown just as big of a fit had his post just been deleted, and likely would have posted more of the same.  I like tits as much as the next guy, but didn't want to deal with that bullshit the whole holiday weekend.  So I zapped his ass. I don't regret it. And per the poll that went up, the majority felt it was justified.  That was the full extent of my moderation.  I didn't delete or lock anything otherwise.  I've never so much as considered banning a geronimo.  There's never been anything remotely close to even warrant  asking the membership about it.

Is this your Jimmy Swaggart moment?

On the subject of my reelection as moderator 1394659442000-IA01-MELTDOWN-SWAGGART-07

Embrace being Nixon like I am

On the subject of my reelection as moderator 650x366
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-09, 20:21

Blanch32 wrote:Stop taking this so personal. Not like you won't be mod again after the new mods stop posting

I nominate blanch
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-12-09, 20:22

Blanch32 wrote:Stop taking this so personal. Not like you won't be mod again after the new mods stop posting
No. You are completely right. I meant to close with the fact that I didn't give a shit one way or the other. I did feel inclined to say my piece though.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-09, 20:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nobody actually cares.

This. We're just bored dude. It's like there weeks until the cotton bowl.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-12-09, 20:24

pulling69 wrote:

I did recently ban shitstain for a week.  He had it coming, trolled a step too far over the line, and broke the TOS.  He would have thrown just as big of a fit had his post just been deleted, and likely would have posted more of the same.  I like tits as much as the next guy, but didn't want to deal with that bullshit the whole holiday weekend.  So I zapped his ass. I don't regret it. And per the poll that went up, the majority felt it was justified.  That was the full extent of my moderation.  I didn't delete or lock anything otherwise.  I've never so much as considered banning a geronimo.  There's never been anything remotely close to even warrant  asking the membership about it.

On the subject of my reelection as moderator 1394659442000-IA01-MELTDOWN-SWAGGART-07

Not really. I don't know this swaggert guy. Televangelist who got caught having an affair before that thing was commonplace? Is that right?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-12-09, 20:25

Rocinante wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nobody actually cares.

I feel kinda sorry for the effers in all of this. It's going to be a bitch to set up a poll for every member of the forum.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-09, 20:27

My vote is for sale. Just saying.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-09, 20:27

Gomer wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I feel kinda sorry for the effers in all of this. It's going to be a bitch to set up a poll for every member of the forum.

It's actually Nigel's job but the bitch quit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-09, 20:28

Gomer wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

Not really. I don't know this swaggert guy. Televangelist who got caught having an affair before that thing was commonplace? Is that right?

Its comedy gold "I have sinnnned"

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-09, 20:28

pulling69 wrote:

I nominate blanch

Pretty sure I got zero votes so far. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-09, 20:31

Turtleneck wrote:My vote is for sale. Just saying.

Travis has hats. Do you have hats?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:My vote is for sale. Just saying.

I have hats
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-09, 20:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I have hats

I hear you have hats.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:35

For the record, Gomer, I'm with white boy that no one really cares. Most of my arguing with you guys is just dicking around cause it's the only thing going on. But, the whole point to me arguing against banning that kid that one time was this, exactly this, annoying ass conversation would be the result. Molehill meet mountain. I so wish you had listened, because this is getting super boring and kinda weird.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:35

tGreenWay wrote:

I have hats

I hear you have hats.  

I have hats
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-09, 20:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:For the record, Gomer, I'm with white boy that no one really cares. Most of my arguing with you guys is just dicking around cause it's the only thing going on. But, the whole point to me arguing against banning that kid that one time was this, exactly this, annoying ass conversation would be the result. Molehill meet mountain. I so wish you had listened, because this is getting super boring and kinda weird.

Wanna make a nonexistent bet instead?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-09, 20:37

tGreenWay wrote:

I hear you have hats.  

I have hats

I mean hats.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:40

Blanch32 wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:For the record, Gomer, I'm with white boy that no one really cares. Most of my arguing with you guys is just dicking around cause it's the only thing going on. But, the whole point to me arguing against banning that kid that one time was this, exactly this, annoying ass conversation would be the result. Molehill meet mountain. I so wish you had listened, because this is getting super boring and kinda weird.

Instead of what?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-12-09, 20:40

Are you still crying about this shit? On the subject of my reelection as moderator 502811600
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:40

tGreenWay wrote:

I have hats

I mean hats.

Hats
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-09, 20:41

Snake Plissken wrote:
Are you still crying about this shit? On the subject of my reelection as moderator 502811600

Sand in vag
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-09, 20:41

Blanch32 wrote:

Instead of what?

Rod slap fights. Cue nigel and vlad....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:42

Snake Plissken wrote:

No one is crying about anything rcmb mod. Merely pointing out that this is exactly what I told all of you would happen. But you were so insistent on getting your vengeance via banning that you wouldn't listen. If you find all of this shit boring and horrible, then listen to uncle Travis next time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-12-09, 20:44

Thanks, Travis.  You hadn't said what you thought about this a few dozen times already.

I coulda sworn that your goal in all of this was "to do something other than the same old shit to fuck with him" to get him to "start posting progressively more and more outlandish posts to get attention." (well it got him to post nudity anyway)  Didn't you say that?

So preban was boring, now this is boring... maybe you could post about hats repeatedly.

Last edited by Gomer on 2015-12-09, 20:45; edited 1 time in total
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-12-09, 20:45

Snake Plissken wrote:Are you still crying about this shit? On the subject of my reelection as moderator 502811600

No one is crying about anything rcmb mod. Merely pointing out that this is exactly what I told all of you would happen. But you were so insistent on getting your vengeance via banning that you wouldn't listen. If you find all of this shit boring and horrible, then listen to uncle Travis next time.
On the subject of my reelection as moderator 2943907172 I don't care either way as I don't have any responsibility over here which is why I like it here. I do feel like I should post the Jimmy C pic though. It's not just a myth.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:45

Gomer wrote:
Thanks, Travis. You hadn't said what you though about this a few dozen times.

I coulda sworn that your goal in all of this was "to do something other than the same old shit to fuck with him" to get him to "start posting progressively more and more outlandish posts to get attention." (well it got him to post nudity anyway) Didn't you say that?

So preban was boring, now this is boring... maybe you could post about hats repeatedly.

I have hats.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-09, 20:48

Snake Plissken wrote:

On the subject of my reelection as moderator 2943907172 I don't care either way as I don't have any responsibility over here which is why I like it here. I do feel like I should post the Jimmy C pic though. It's not just a myth.

I'll allow it (and fap)
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-09, 20:51

I've got no beef with the mods. I understand the recent two kerfuffles, and I get why some took issue. Points have been made from both sides, and I understand both. But these are the only two dust-ups in this dump's history. I'm thankful for that. It's world's better than other sites. Let's all move on from the past couple of weeks, unless a mod actually wants off the job, in which case there are a few great nominations. Except Floyd. What freak wants a visor?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:52

tGreenWay wrote:I've got no beef with the mods. I understand the recent two kerfuffles, and I get why some took issue. Points have been made from both sides, and I understand both. But these are the only two dust-ups in this dump's history. I'm thankful for that. It's world's better than other sites. Let's all move on from the past couple of weeks, unless a mod actually wants off the job, in which case there are a few great nominations. Except Floyd. What freak wants a visor?

Would you like a hat?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-09, 20:52

tGreenWay wrote:

I mean hats.

Hats

Real hats, right? I'm not interested in faux hats.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-09, 20:53

tGreenWay wrote:I've got no beef with the mods. I understand the recent two kerfuffles, and I get why some took issue. Points have been made from both sides, and I understand both. But these are the only two dust-ups in this dump's history. I'm thankful for that. It's world's better than other sites. Let's all move on from the past couple of weeks, unless a mod actually wants off the job, in which case there are a few great nominations. Except Floyd. What freak wants a visor?

Would you like a hat?

Cowboy? Painter? French frog beret?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-12-09, 20:53

tGreenWay wrote:

Hats

Real hats, right? I'm not interested in faux hats.

How about Bo hats?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-09, 20:54

pulling69 wrote:

Would you like a hat?

Cowboy? Painter? French frog beret?

There's just the one. It's a baseball hat. Adjustable.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-09, 20:55

Would you like a hat?

Well, I sure as shit don't want a visor.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-09, 20:58

I just want a fucking hat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next