Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Miller ESPN: I would have given Dantonio 8 million dollars to coach USC.

+4
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Ted Miller ESPN:  I would have given Dantonio 8 million dollars to coach USC.  Empty Ted Miller ESPN: I would have given Dantonio 8 million dollars to coach USC.

Post by DWags December 11th 2015, 11:56 pm

He would never take the money. We know what to give him. All he wants is a bigger wheel barrel for his balls.

Pac-12 Blog

Pac-12 mailbag:

Rance "Sir Trojan" from Camas, Washington, writes: In a somewhat stunning but not entirely unexpected move USC hires the esteemed Ted Miller interim AD (later pulling the interim tag and promoting to full-time duties). How would Dr. Miller correct the malaise that has plagued this once-proud program? Other than flat out winning more football games how does the university go about reclaiming its top-tier status in the football hierarchy and manage to stay off TMZ sports?

Clay Helton was an understandable choice to head up the Trojans, but hardly a hire that turned heads nationally. AP Photo/David Zalubowski
Ted Miller: First off, I think Clay Helton's promotion from interim coach to head coach has a solid chance to be successful. I continue to hear good things about him, both as a man, leader and coach.

That said: Upon firing Steve Sarkisian, I would have requested two things: 1. A list of all of USC's top football donors; 2. A list of of the school's wealthiest graduates who aren't on the first list but are known to care about football.

I would have invited them all to dinner at Bestia, bringing in my own case of Screaming Eagle 2011 Cabernet. Then I would have said, "Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio. I need $8 million for him and $6 million for his staff. This is our shortest, surest route to a national title. Put up or shut up."

And then I would have stopped at nothing to make it happen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ted Miller ESPN:  I would have given Dantonio 8 million dollars to coach USC.  Empty Re: Ted Miller ESPN: I would have given Dantonio 8 million dollars to coach USC.

Post by DWags December 11th 2015, 11:57 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/96228/mailbag-oregon-transfers-mcnair-and-usc-leadership
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ted Miller ESPN:  I would have given Dantonio 8 million dollars to coach USC.  Empty Re: Ted Miller ESPN: I would have given Dantonio 8 million dollars to coach USC.

Post by Floyd Robertson December 12th 2015, 2:48 am

That would have been great for our program if they tried.  I'm 99.9998% certain they would have failed in their attempt to lure Dantonio away, and he would have quickly shot it down, but we'd get some solid pub out of it for 48 hours. It would also send mgo into apoplexy for a week as they pondered the thought of MSU regressing to the mean upon Dantonio's early departure.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay December 12th 2015, 2:51 am

I'm not half the man Dantonio is, so I'll take the gig for $3.5 mil/year.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno December 12th 2015, 9:39 am

Call me crazy, but I think he would consider $8 million/year with $6/million for his buddies.

And I think USC's interim coach/new coach is on a very short leash.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH December 12th 2015, 9:52 am

So some ESPN blogger says some school should have made a big-money "Godfather" style offer to MD, and....

I'm sorry, what's your point? No offer made. No reason to think Dantonio would have accepted if an offer had been made.

If you want to show Dantonio has nationwide cred, you might play up the smoke about NFL teams' interest in Dantonio, over some blogger's wet dream.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 12th 2015, 10:03 am

NigelUno wrote:Call me crazy, but I think he would consider $8 million/year with $6/million for his buddies.

This proves Tanner is right and you're fucking crazy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno December 12th 2015, 10:37 am

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Call me crazy, but I think he would consider $8 million/year with $6/million for his buddies.

OK, then. Good talk.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags December 12th 2015, 11:15 am

SpartanInNH wrote:So some ESPN blogger says some school should have made a big-money "Godfather" style offer to MD, and....

I'm sorry, what's your point? No offer made. No reason to think Dantonio would have accepted if an offer had been made.

If you want to show Dantonio has nationwide cred, you might play up the smoke about NFL teams' interest in Dantonio, over some blogger's wet dream.

Don't know about all of that but I just thought it was a cool tribute to a great coach.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante December 12th 2015, 12:41 pm

What makes people think he's not being offered other jobs now?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags December 12th 2015, 1:53 pm

Rocinante wrote:What makes people think he's not being offered other jobs now?

His wife is his agent and if you try to approach him before Bama, I'm guessing he says fuck off.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH December 12th 2015, 6:48 pm

DWags wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:So some ESPN blogger says some school should have made a big-money "Godfather" style offer to MD, and....

Don't know about all of that but I just thought it was a cool tribute to a great coach.

Yeah, I'll buy that.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 December 12th 2015, 7:00 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

$8 million in Southern California is about $4.5 million, maybe even $3 million in Michigan. A 1200 square foot home in Hollywood will run close to $1 million and everything in California is outrageously expensive, from gas to groceries.

Coach D is a midwestern guy and he loves Michigan State. He's never going to leave MSU for another program. He'll end his career here. Next question.

This. Dude is 3 doors down from izzo. Not sure what's that worth bit damn more than 500K
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm December 12th 2015, 9:01 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

$8 million in Southern California is about $4.5 million, maybe even $3 million in Michigan. A 1200 square foot home in Hollywood will run close to $1 million and everything in California is outrageously expensive, from gas to groceries.

Coach D is a midwestern guy and he loves Michigan State. He's never going to leave MSU for another program. He'll end his career here. Next question.

Gas in CA is about 40 cents a gallon more than Michigan. How much gasoline do you think Dantonio would buy in a year?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down