Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

+22
Jake from State Farm
DWags
Rocinante
DroppedByADime
SpartanInNH
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Cym Jim
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
InTenSity
Turtleneck
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 23:42

Going Saturday afternoon
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

Post by InTenSity Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 23:43

Going Friday afternoon, probably Imax
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 0:01

Easily the best SW since Empire Strikes Back.

Kylo Ren is on the way to being as good a villain as Vader was. Bold statement.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 5:05

I thought it was great. Plot is along very similar lines to the original Star Wars movie. You could say it's kind of like a do-over of the original Star Wars film only with a more powerful enemy fighting a smaller rebel alliance and enough differences to make it stand on it's own while at the same time connecting nicely with the original trilogy. I think you could see this movie without having seen any of the originals and you wouldn't feel like you were missing something. Very well done.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 14:59

I'm at the movie now.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 15:01

InTenSity wrote:I'm at the movie now.

Live stream it!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 15:04

I'm frightened that this movie will be bad.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 15:10

I am wondering why I can't find any of my Devs online. Light bulb just went off.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 15:11

Turtleneck wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I'm at the movie now.

Live stream it!
I don't think my battery will make it. Only 45%
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 15:14

InTenSity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Live stream it!
I don't think my battery will make it. Only 45%

So you're a gHost schtick?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:57

Holy crap. This movies gonna make a lot of money
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:59

InTenSity wrote:Holy crap. This movies gonna make a lot of money

It could be the biggest pile of shit and it would still make a lot of money.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:00

I'm not sure what the perfect movie is to reboot or continue the story, but this one was pretty close to it, for me. If you like star wars don't think you'll be disappointed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:26

I won't see it. But then again, I still actually have sex with a real live woman.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:32

DWags wrote:I won't see it. But then again, I still actually have sex with a real live woman.
I thought you weren't having sex anymore.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:32

DWags wrote:I won't see it. But then again, I still actually have sex with a real live woman.

Is she aware of that?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:34

InTenSity wrote:
I thought you weren't having sex anymore.

Not having it any less either.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:36

Turtleneck wrote:

Is she aware of that?

Rarely. Same women for 24 years now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 20:13

Rocinante wrote:I'm frightened that this movie will be bad.

It really isn't, but knowing how you and I are on almost completely different sides of the spectrum in terms of movie taste, you probably won't like it.

Movie is on pace for almost $300 million domestic opening weekend, crushing Jurassic World's $208 million.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 22:06

Sicko
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 18:08

I just got to my seat for a 420 show.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 18:10

Also, what is clash of the clans? There used to be a thread about it here. Is it some dumb video game?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 18:12

Think I'm gonna pick up up some tickets for a 10am show Christmas eve day.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 19:25

Going to see it 930 tonight 3D
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 19:29

Turtleneck wrote:Also, what is clash of the clans? There used to be a thread about it here. Is it some dumb video game?

Yes.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 21:10

steveschneider wrote:JJ Abrams did a terrible job with Stsr Trek IMO so I'm not too wild about his reboot of Star Wars.

Star Wars happened in the late 70s up to the mid 80s. Those days are gone and it will never be the same.
Did you see a different movie/movies than I did? He did a fantastic job.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 21:31

Will go sometimes after the football season is over (after CFP and Super Bowl).

Saw the first 3 and what were breath taking special effects are things you can do with your smart phone.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 21:38

GRR Spartan wrote:Will go sometimes after the football season is over (after CFP and Super Bowl).

Saw the first 3 and what were breath taking special effects are things you can do with your smart phone.

Yes, because that tech hasn't changed since then, and these movies are just as shoddy.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:08

Death Roe wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Will go sometimes after the football season is over (after CFP and Super Bowl).

Yes, because that tech hasn't changed since then, and these movies are just as shoddy.

Not what I was saying or implying.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:14

GRR Spartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Not what I was saying or implying.
The movie is good. Parts are expected, but a great way to open the trilogy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 1:11

I've only got one question for you guys.

How much CGI?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 1:12

Turtleneck wrote:I just got to my seat for a 420 show.

I bet you did, Panama Red.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 2:39

xsanguine wrote:I've only got one question for you guys.

How much CGI?

Tons of it. I sat to the very last credit and the list of digital artists is probably in the 100s.

Great film and they captured the old magic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 3:08

How much CGI?

Well it's a movie in outer space about lasers and giant spaceships and a mythical "force"

...so lots
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 3:09

Most disappointing thing to me was seeing it in Xtreme at NCG. First time and nothing extreme about that screen at all. Seemed like a regular movie and nothing close to even a bad rip-off IMAX
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 5:43

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Most disappointing thing to me was seeing it in Xtreme at NCG. First time and nothing extreme about that screen at all. Seemed like a regular movie and nothing close to even a bad rip-off IMAX

They only shot one scene in Imax...No reason to pay the extra money to see the movie on the giant sceen really.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 9:52

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

How much CGI?

Well it's a movie in outer space about lasers and giant spaceships and a mythical "force"

...so lots

Maybe he thinks it is a series of documentaries about Reagan's missile defense program.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 16:20

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

How much CGI?

...so lots

That's disappointing to hear.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 16:49

xsanguine wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

...so lots

"Wherever possible, whenever possible, we tried to do things as much in camera as we could," Abrams told AP.

"That meant that a lot of artists... were building things, not with pixels, but with wood and paint and foam, and actually constructing sets that we could have done in post [production with CGI].

"It gave the actors the actual location, the actual sunlight or stage light - something to bounce off, and [gave] the movie a feeling of being in an actual location, not an artificial one."

"It was really nice to not have to also worry about 'will that ship look good on camera?' because we actually had it, we were actually filming it."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35069696
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 17:10

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

"Wherever possible, whenever possible, we tried to do things as much in camera as we could," Abrams told AP.

"That meant that a lot of artists... were building things, not with pixels, but with wood and paint and foam, and actually constructing sets that we could have done in post [production with CGI].

"It gave the actors the actual location, the actual sunlight or stage light - something to bounce off, and [gave] the movie a feeling of being in an actual location, not an artificial one."

"It was really nice to not have to also worry about 'will that ship look good on camera?' because we actually had it, we were actually filming it."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35069696

That's encouraging to hear.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next