Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

+22
Jake from State Farm
DWags
Rocinante
DroppedByADime
SpartanInNH
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Cym Jim
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
InTenSity
Turtleneck
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:36 am

It sucked.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:41 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It sucked.

Are you an uber nerd? Most of the dislike I've seen has come from huge nerd fanboys
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:44 am

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It sucked.

Are you an uber nerd? Most of the dislike I've seen has come from huge nerd fanboys

Don't really follow the franchise. Have seen all of them. It was just meh. Felt average and some of the acting sucked. Plot was simple as hell.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:22 am

it is Star Wars. They have never been all that complex.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:26 am

Turtleneck wrote:it is Star Wars. They have never been all that complex.

Good vs evil.

Done
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:04 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Don't really follow the franchise. Have seen all of them. It was just meh. Felt average and some of the acting sucked. Plot was simple as hell.
What were you expecting?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 am

If there’s a consensus they share, it’s this, as Nolte wrote:

In ways big and small, TFA’s main story is shockingly similar to “A New Hope,” which is actually a distraction as you compare the two.

Overall, I walked away with the sense that Abrams is using TFA to cleanse the franchise’s palate. Disney wants to pop one of these out every year until the end of time, and TFA feels like an apology, a repentance for the sins of creator George Lucas. Abrams and Disney are saying, “We hear you. We’ve fixed it. Let’s kiss and make up so we can hold hands and walk off into a marvelous future together.”

THE FORCE AWAKENS:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 am

InTenSity wrote:

What were you expecting?

A good film? With all of the $ they had and the popularity surrounding the franchise, I was expecting a lot more. I'll shut up now, as it seems you guys are just angry about me not loving it and won't explain why it was so fucking great.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:21 pm

InTenSity wrote:
What were you expecting?

A good film? With all of the $ they had and the popularity surrounding the franchise, I was expecting a lot more. I'll shut up now, as it seems you guys are just angry about me not loving it and won't explain why it was so fucking great.

You mentioned the angry, whiny pubescent bad guy... That was sort of the point. He's a developing character and I'm as intrigued to see how he develops in the next movie as I am with any of the other characters. If he were already a darth Vader level bad guy then there would be nowhere else to go with the character. That'd be it.

This disappointing part about that would be if he doesn't develop in the next two movies. For now, it's something that's actually kind of cool. A bad guy who isn't immediately the ultimate force in being a bad guy right from the beginning of the series. In most movies they are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:09 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Think I'm gonna pick up up some tickets for a 10am show Christmas eve day.

I should have committed to my plan when I posted this and bought the tickets.  Every damn show is sold out until 5PM at the nearest theater. Pretty much the same for Christmas day, the day after Christmas day, the day after the day after Christmas day...
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:30 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Think I'm gonna pick up up some tickets for a 10am show Christmas eve day.

I should have committed to my plan when I posted this and bought the tickets.  Every damn show is sold out until 5PM at the nearest theater. Pretty much the same for Christmas day, the day after Christmas day, the day after the day after Christmas day...

I could only get a 9:30 PM show but it was totally worth it. I went to a Starbucks and ordered a small latte right before the show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:39 pm

ABC News@ABC  6m6 minutes ago
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" becomes fastest movie to reach $1 billion at the box office: http://abcn.ws/1Pqoxar

Did anybody not see this happening
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:ABC News@ABC  6m6 minutes ago
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" becomes fastest movie to reach $1 billion at the box office: http://abcn.ws/1Pqoxar

But it's so terrible. It's not as complex as Christmas Story and it's subtle commentary on class and society.

Sincerely,

OTPT
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

But it's so terrible. It's not as complex as Christmas Story and it's subtle commentary on class and society.

Sincerely,

OTPT

You're absolutely right. Because it made a lot of money, it's a good movie. Only movies that do well at the box office are worth seeing. If anyone says Star Wars is bad, remind them that it made a lot of money and so it is good.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:08 pm

That is not what I said, dumbass.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Turtleneck wrote:That is not what I said, dumbass.

It's what you implied, butt licker.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:03 pm

I went and saw it. Didn't like the cartoonish characters but my issue with that has been previously documented so I won't beat that horse again.

It's better than Episodes 1-3 but a blind monkey with severe IBS could have accomplished that. Not really a memorable movie and the acting was suspect outside of the girl. Lots of cheesey parts but as has been mentioned so did the originals.

Still the best Star Wars movie since 1983, I guess.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Ass Dan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:That is not what I said, dumbass.

It's what you implied, butt licker.

No it's not, dipshit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:34 am

Emo Vader... I've got a lot of issues with this character.

Edit: Is this a spoilers friendly thread or no?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:48 am

xsanguine wrote:Emo Vader... I've got a lot of issues with this character.

Was the moms name Ella?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:51 am

DWags wrote:

Was the moms name Ella?

No, Leia.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:17 am

Oh, thought it was Ella Vader.

Going down¥
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:11 am

It was more than possible that it wouldn't break that record, since it won't be released in China until January. Jurassic World, it's closest competitor in most of the early records (i.e., Opening weekend record, fastest to $1 billion, etc.) was released in China the same time as everywhere else. If not for all but a small minority giving very positive reviews, it probably would have struggled to break those records.

But it's such a ridiculous way to compare movies. They should only compare movie sales based on number of tickets sold, not revenue. But that wouldn't make for nearly as sensational articles.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:10 pm

There is a spoilers thread...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3