Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming Soon: Your State Driver’s Licenses Might Not Be Acceptable ID For Domestic Travel

+3
DWags
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
7 posters

Go down

Coming Soon: Your State Driver’s Licenses Might Not Be Acceptable ID For Domestic Travel  Empty Coming Soon: Your State Driver’s Licenses Might Not Be Acceptable ID For Domestic Travel

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-30, 22:17

Per the Real ID Act, the TSA will soon start rejecting IDs from certain states as acceptable forms of identification for domestic travel. States have had plenty of time to make their IDs compliant with the federal law, but many have failed to do so. For residents of Illinois, enforcement is scheduled to begin on January, 10 2016.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/29/business/tsa-moves-closer-to-rejecting-some-state-drivers-licenses-for-travel.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coming Soon: Your State Driver’s Licenses Might Not Be Acceptable ID For Domestic Travel  Empty Re: Coming Soon: Your State Driver’s Licenses Might Not Be Acceptable ID For Domestic Travel

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-30, 22:33

This is ironic. An example of unintended consequences.

Since 9-11-01 we have seen a massive expansion of government for our "protection" and many of our elected leaders can't say enough about keeping the newest Federal Department of Homeland Security well financed and expanding its power.

The new requirements will be "chipped" and act as a tacit passport for domestic travel.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coming Soon: Your State Driver’s Licenses Might Not Be Acceptable ID For Domestic Travel  Empty Re: Coming Soon: Your State Driver’s Licenses Might Not Be Acceptable ID For Domestic Travel

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-30, 22:40

GRR Spartan wrote:This is ironic. An example of unintended consequences.

Since 9-11-01 we have seen a massive expansion of government for our "protection" and many of our elected leaders can't say enough about keeping the newest Federal Department of Homeland Security well financed and expanding its power.

The new requirements will be "chipped" and act as a tacit passport for domestic travel.

This is absurd on two fronts. It's an absurd federal mandate, and its absurd that states decided to pass the headache along to their citizens by wasting time and not producing compliant IDs.

This seems to be going under the radar. There are going to be some pissed off travelers at Midway and O'Hare on 1/10/16.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-30, 22:50

Think when you vote for people enamoured with Homeland security.

Absurd or not the same people claiming to be protecting you by keeping immigrants from specific countries from immigrating to the U.S. are the same ones who voted to fund this stuff.

They get their voter groups distracted with social stuff like squeezing PBS and defunding Planned Parenthood while this stuff never gets noticed.

Like I said, ironic.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-30, 22:51

GRR Spartan wrote:Think when you vote for people enamoured with Homeland security.

Absurd or not the same people claiming to be protecting you by keeping immigrants from specific countries from immigrating to the U.S. are the same ones who voted to fund this stuff.

They get their voter groups distracted with social stuff like squeezing PBS and defunding Planned Parenthood while this stuff never gets noticed.

Like I said, ironic.

I usually do not vote for those people.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-31, 00:04

Why do I keep hearing an ohio cop stopping me coming up to my window and in a German accent saying "Papers please"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-31, 00:06

Michigan IDs are good, right? Cause that seems important to most of us.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-31, 00:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Michigan IDs are good, right? Cause that seems important to most of us.

Through 10/10/16.

However, a passport solves any issues. Yet, as GRR said, we are more-or-less going to need a passport to travel inside our own country.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-31, 00:32

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Michigan IDs are good, right? Cause that seems important to most of us.

Through 10/10/16.

However, a passport solves any issues. Yet, as GRR said, we are more-or-less going to need a passport to travel inside our own country.

That seems dumb turtleneck.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-31, 02:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Through 10/10/16.

That seems dumb turtleneck.

Dumb Turtleneck. Heh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-12-31, 08:20

..but will my drivers license be good enough ID for me to vote?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato 2015-12-31, 13:47

I.B. Fine wrote:..but will my drivers license be good enough ID for me to vote?

You don't need an ID to vote.

Racist.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down