Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ON the bright side...

+10
InTenSity
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
SpartanInNH
Code_Warrior
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ON the bright side... Empty ON the bright side...

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:45 am

I didn't watch the game live since I had to attend my friends 25th Wedding Anniversary, so I DVR'd the game. I was able to stay in the bubble, and watched it when I got home at 2:00Am. So I guess that worked out well since I could blow though the whole game relatively quickly... I guess I can call that a bright spot, at least for me.

Another bright spot was the run D, which I thought was great. They did a fantastic job stopping Henry, 20 carries for 75 yards, only 3.8 ypc, by far his lowest ypc of the season. Other than the big 58 yard run Kenyon Drake got in what amounted to garbage time with 9 minutes left, they didn't do shit in the running game. But, when you're getting torched through the air, the run D didn't matter much. Henry did stiff arm the fuck out of Calhoun on his 2nd TD though, so that was kind of disappointing. Whatevs. I'll stay proud of the run D. What else is there?

As I feared, Coker's passing against our poor secondary was the difference. Too many people didn't respect Coker but having watched a lot of Alabama this year I knew the kid could throw, but if you could force him to look for secondary targets, he would fail. Coker played very well. While the MSU D was able to get some pressure on Coker, for the most part his first targets nearly always got open, so he was never forced into making poor decisions. When you combine that with a punt return for a TD, well, that's all she wrote. Coker delivered on Kiffin's game plan with the help of the MSU secondary.

Cook and the receivers, on the other hand, absolutely stunk. I think Cook's shoulder is fucked up. His accuracy was for shit and even when he got it in their hands they were dropping balls. His throws looked a lot like those in the Iowa game. I think his shoulder needs surgery. Regardless, I don't get the fucking receivers dropping the balls. It was like we were back in the beginning of 2013 again. What a fucking disaster. That being said, the Alabama rush D was certainly responsible for some of that, but Cook's throws were just not normal. By far the worst game of his career and locking on to his receiver like that on the first interception at the end of the first half, WTF? What a shitty way to end his career. Total fucking choke job all around.

I knew the MSU run game would be stuffed, but I expected it to at least be close to Alabama's average of 75 yards per game. The running game was a major disappointment. I guess, overall, the O-Line was worked.

In the end, Alabama's talent was just next level shit. We aren't ready to compete at that level yet. Hopefully, we can get there. I know this much though, Alabama is going to destroy Clemson. In fact, it may be a repeat of this game. I hope so. That will at least take some of the sting out of this 2nd jail sexing at the hands of Alabama.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ON the bright side... Empty Re: ON the bright side...

Post by SpartanInNH Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:01 am

Kill me.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:41 pm

SpartanInNH wrote:Kill me.
Ah, don't take it so hard.  We just got put in the Jail cell with Alabama for our half decade reminder of what 5 star talent playing at their full potential and coached by Saban can do when jail sexing their cell mate.  We need to recruit better talent.  It'll come.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Who gets married on NYE?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Who gets married on NYE?

Assholes
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:36 pm

words words words
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:37 pm

I've thought about this thread title for about nine hours. There is no bright side.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:44 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I've thought about this thread title for about nine hours. There is no bright side.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I've thought about this thread title for about nine hours. There is no bright side.
Yes there is. There are a lot of bright spots. We are attracting better talent and ass beatings like this are fuel to develop that improved talent. The D line is great and now McDowell has his first taste of jail sexing. That will fuel his development big time and he will be an outrageous beast next year. The linebacker core is just going to rule next year. Got to get perspective man.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:56 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Awesome. I love that movie. It'll never be over here. It's just getting started...
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
Yes there is.  There are a lot of bright spots.  We are attracting better talent and ass beatings like this are fuel to develop that improved talent.  The D line is great and now McDowell has his first taste of jail sexing.  That will fuel his development big time and he will be an outrageous beast next year.  The linebacker core is just going to rule next year.  Got to get perspective man.
Perspective might come in another week, or maybe January 12th, but not today. I appreciate what you're saying, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:59 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:words words words
Perhaps, but having the right attitude when faced with adversity is the only way to adapt and overcome. You can't just quit.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
Perhaps, but having the right attitude when faced with adversity is the only way to adapt and overcome. You can't just quit.

I quit forever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

I quit forever.
I know you do sweetie. I know.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:

No offense CW, I was just making an inside Swill joke.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:49 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

I haven't seen that one. Then again I'm ignoring some of the more "popular" threads by the self proclaimed cool kids so that probably explains it.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I haven't seen that one. Then again I'm ignoring some of the more "popular" threads by the self proclaimed cool kids so that probably explains it.

Some assholes think my posts are too long. I'm not really sure where that comes from. I mean, I speak my mind. I guess I have a lot on my mind, and sometimes my fingers just kind of start typing. And before you know it, you have like a 8000 word essay on a variety of topics. Whatever, though, I think my thoughts are mostly coherent. And they're not (always) alcohol fueled, just sometimes. Like for example, right now I'm not drinking at all. I'm watching Curious George's Halloween Boo Fest. I've seen it roughly 400 times so I guess I'm perusing the Swill because this movie sucks ass. Also, the Man with the Yellow Hat is quite strange. He treats the monkey like it's a real person. A toddler or something. And why does he always where that stupid yellow hat? Also how the fuck does George know how to use a camera? Just makes zero sense. Anyway, I digress....I guess if you have to explain a joke to someone it's not that funny. But I felt that you had a right to know that I wasn't ridiculing you and also I agree, it's best to avoid the threads in which the dipshits are trying to stir up drama. I also use the foe feature on one or two posters and I wish more people would do it. I have no idea why some of the folks here feel the need to engage some of the attention whores. But there have been some other threads about that, I don't mean to change the subject. Gotta pee, brb.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:01 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

Some assholes think my posts are too long. I'm not really sure where that comes from. I mean, I speak my mind. I guess I have a lot on my mind, and sometimes my fingers just kind of start typing. And before you know it, you have like a 8000 word essay on a variety of topics. Whatever, though, I think my thoughts are mostly coherent. And they're not (always) alcohol fueled, just sometimes. Like for example, right now I'm not drinking at all. I'm watching Curious George's Halloween Boo Fest. I've seen it roughly 400 times so I guess I'm perusing the Swill because this movie sucks ass. Also, the Man with the Yellow Hat is quite strange. He treats the monkey like it's a real person. A toddler or something. And why does he always where that stupid yellow hat? Also how the fuck does George know how to use a camera? Just makes zero sense. Anyway, I digress....I guess if you have to explain a joke to someone it's not that funny. But I felt that you had a right to know that I wasn't ridiculing you and also I agree, it's best to avoid the threads in which the dipshits are trying to stir up drama. I also use the foe feature on one or two posters and I wish more people would do it. I have no idea why some of the folks here feel the need to engage some of the attention whores. But there have been some other threads about that, I don't mean to change the subject. Gotta pee, brb.

Words words words
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:04 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

So. Many. Words.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:13 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

Ah yes, the tldr brigade. I wasn't offended at all, I thought you were just so down after the loss that you were losing faith in the team. I feel bad when good guys lose faith so I try to say something to boost it.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:23 pm

The good thing about not living in Michigan is the ability to avoid stupid shit if I want to.
The only thing that annoys me is all the doom and gloom.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm

InTenSity wrote:The good thing about not living in Michigan is the ability to avoid stupid shit if I want to.
The only thing that annoys me is all the doom and gloom.
It snowed a little bit here today.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:03 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:

I quit forever.
I know you do sweetie. I know.

ON the bright side... 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:05 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

I know you were trying for funny, but no. Just no.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
Yes there is. There are a lot of bright spots. We are attracting better talent and ass beatings like this are fuel to develop that improved talent. The D line is great and now McDowell has his first taste of jail sexing. That will fuel his development big time and he will be an outrageous beast next year. The linebacker core is just going to rule next year. Got to get perspective man.

I noticed you didn't mention the D backfield, which is what we all knew was the biggest weakness heading into last night's game, and I see little to believe it's going to make major improvements. Add to that our experienced, talented O line will have significant changes next season. Plus a new QB.

Off hand, what I see next season is a much tougher road ahead. Like Floyd, though, what I really need is some time for a mental recharge after that jailsexing, and while I will come around, the problems I just mentioned will still exist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:12 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

I noticed you didn't mention the D backfield, which is what we all knew was the biggest weakness heading into last night's game, and I see little to believe it's going to make major improvements. Add to that our experienced, talented O line will have significant changes next season. Plus a new QB.

Off hand, what I see next season is a much tougher road ahead. Like Floyd, though, what I really need is some time for a mental recharge after that jailsexing, and while I will come around, the problems I just mentioned will still exist.

Stop quitting.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:14 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Stop quitting.

I can't quit you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:53 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

I'm not saying there aren't problems to overcome, I'm just coping by focusing on the bright side rather than letting my disappointment ruin my day. Everyone has to cope in their own way.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:I didn't watch the game live since I had to attend my friends 25th Wedding Anniversary....

Wait...what? I can see some getting roped into a NYE party (assuming the game are on), but who has/attends a freind anniversary party? Can't say I have ever heard of such a thing (except for maybe your parents/grandparents)
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm not saying there aren't problems to overcome, I'm just coping by focusing on the bright side rather than letting my disappointment ruin my day. Everyone has to cope in their own way.

That's fair. It's what I usually try to do, although, after last night, there's no chance of it happening for awhile.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:30 pm

Nordic wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:I didn't watch the game live since I had to attend my friends 25th Wedding Anniversary....

Wait...what? I can see some getting roped into a NYE party (assuming the game are on), but who has/attends a freind anniversary party? Can't say I have ever heard of such a thing (except for maybe your parents/grandparents)

He said he didn't watch live because he had to attend his friend's 25th wedding anniversary.
RiF. Reading is Fundamental.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:31 pm

The WRs weren't getting open. I wonder why Terry or oconnor weren't given a shot. I hate playing injured players.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:34 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

He said he didn't watch live because he had to attend his friend's 25th wedding anniversary.
RiF. Reading is Fundamental.

Have you ever been to a non-relatves anniversary party?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:34 pm

The_Dude wrote:The WRs weren't getting open. I wonder why Terry or oconnor weren't given a shot. I hate playing injured players.

That's not true, but you're in the wrong thread, so go elsewhere and troll.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:37 pm

This is one of those "Well other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?" threads.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Nordic wrote:

They renewed their vows and it was very important to them.  Since my wife and I are their best friends and they wanted us to be there, it was important for us to be there for them.  Since we have dvr technology, we weren't going to miss supporting our best friends just to see the MSU game live.  It was an easy choice for us, you may choose differently.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:48 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
Nordic wrote:

They renewed their vows and it was very important to them.  Since my wife and I are their best friends and they wanted us to be there, it was important for us to be there for them.  Since we have dvr technology, we weren't going to miss supporting our best friends just to see the MSU game live.  It was an easy choice for us, you may choose differently.

Good for you. It was the right choice. Pics of the wives?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:49 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:This is one of those "Well other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?" threads.
I would agree with this if MSU football died. It didn't.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:50 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

Good for you. It was the right choice. Pics of the wives?
I hate it when I forget the "vietnamese" qualifier. ON the bright side... 502811600
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:34 am

Code_Warrior wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Well that is a bit different than an Anniversary party. I"m not trying to pick an internet fight and I assume your freinds aren't Spartans and could GAF about football, but I find it odd they didn't have the game on at some point.

No way I would miss/DVR that game. I'll come for the vow exchange and would then be out if there was no access to the game.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next