Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ON the bright side...

+10
InTenSity
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
SpartanInNH
Code_Warrior
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ON the bright side... - Page 2 Empty Re: ON the bright side...

Post by Code_Warrior 2016-01-01, 22:44

Nordic wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
They renewed their vows and it was very important to them.  Since my wife and I are their best friends and they wanted us to be there,  it was important for us to be there for them.  Since we have dvr technology, we weren't going to miss supporting our best friends just to see the MSU game live.  It was an easy choice for us, you may choose differently.

Well that is a bit different than an Anniversary party.  I"m not trying to pick an internet fight and I assume your freinds aren't Spartans and could GAF about football, but I find it odd they didn't have the game on at some point.

No way I would miss/DVR that game.  I'll come for the vow exchange and would then be out if there was no access to the game.
We started the night at Flemings from 8 to 10 and then we went to their house for the ceremony (the minister went to dinner with us).  After the ceremony, they offered to let me watch on their TV but I was in the bubble and I knew the game was mostly over by the time the ceremony ended, and my Friends are a blast to hang out with and we wanted to stay until at least midnight, so I elected to wait till I got home.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ON the bright side... - Page 2 Empty Re: ON the bright side...

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-01, 22:58

Warrior, you are a better friend than I would have been given the same circumstances.

If folks want to schedule events on semi-official party holidays like New Years Eve or NCAA basketball regional finals or the same date as the MSU vs umaa football Saturday it seems like they want the invitees to make a Hobson's choice.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2