Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful?

+13
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
DWags
duffy munn
Vlad
Code_Warrior
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful? - Page 2 Empty Re: So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful?

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-11, 12:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Some of you guys really put a lot of thought in this.

Like you may actually think MSU gets a little more street cred if Bama just kills Clemson?

Who cares...we lost. I want Bama to lose. Fuck em.

That sounds like A LOT of thought being put into this. Like - tons.....

I dislike Saban and Bama. I am rooting against them. Many people share this view but are hesitant that it makes MSU look 'worse' if Bama loses.

That, my friend, is convoluted logic. Screw the gumps.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful? - Page 2 Empty Re: So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-11, 12:42

Move the championship game to Saturday night and I'll watch it. The only way I'm watching on Monday night is if we're in it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-11, 13:04

The_Dude wrote:

I dislike Saban and Bama. I am rooting against them. Many people share this view but are hesitant that it makes MSU look 'worse' if Bama loses.

but if Alabama wins, I'm going to feel so much better about the down-to-the-wire nature of our 38-0 nail-biter.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-11, 13:08

The_Dude wrote:

If you compare teams using strength of schedule, wouldn't it make MSU look worse if Bama loses?

How would that be convoluted?

Teams are compared using strength of schedule all the time. Why would this be different?

When Utah beat Oregon, you thought it made Michigan look better, right?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-11, 13:19

I want Bama to win 38 to nothing.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-11, 13:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:Move the championship game to Saturday night and I'll watch it. The only way I'm watching on Monday night is if we're in it.

Big College FB fan?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-11, 13:49

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Move the championship game to Saturday night and I'll watch it. The only way I'm watching on Monday night is if we're in it.

Big College FB fan?

Not enough to stay up until 12:30AM on a weeknight for teams I don't have an interest in, obviously.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-11, 14:06

Tanfan! wrote:I want Clemson to win 38 to nothing.

So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful? - Page 2 969504605
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-11, 15:10

Tanfan! wrote:I want Bama to win 38 to nothing.

39-0.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-11, 15:11

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:I want Bama to win 38 to nothing.

39-0.

So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful? - Page 2 502811600 So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful? - Page 2 55953254
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-11, 15:17

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

39-0.

So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful? - Page 2 502811600 So are you watching the Clemson-Bama game tonight or is it too painful? - Page 2 55953254

Hey. Scroll back a bit. I asked you some questions. Thanks in advance.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-11, 15:21

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

If you compare teams using strength of schedule, wouldn't it make MSU look worse if Bama loses?

Teams are compared using strength of schedule all the time. Why would this be different?

I don't get into the entire transitive prperty angle with college athletics. Too many variables at play.

MSU got destroyed by Bama. It happens. ND, LSU, OU, OSU have all been blown out in similar fashions in national title contending games the past decade.

However, no matter the outcome tonight...it wont change the fact we lost to Bama 38-0.

Fuck the Gumps.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-11, 15:24

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't get into the entire transitive prperty angle with college athletics. Too many variables at play.

MSU got destroyed by Bama. It happens. ND, LSU, OU, OSU have all been blown out in similar fashions in national title contending games the past decade.

However, no matter the outcome tonight...it wont change the fact we lost to Bama 38-0.

Fuck the Gumps.
but it's very important to me how we're perceived by others..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-11, 15:26

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Fuck the Gumps.

Oh. That's kind of a deflection.

If Houston or Memphis went undefeated, should they have been in the Playoffs? What about an undefeated MAC team?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-11, 15:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Fuck the Gumps.
but it's very important to me how we're perceived by others..

Whether it's important to you isn't really relevant to using strength of schedule to compare teams.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-11, 15:32

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:but it's very important to me how we're perceived by others..

Whether it's important to you isn't really relevant to using strength of schedule to compare teams.
maybe we should take out a billboard suggesting something like "well.. at least it wasn't 39-0.. did you ever think of that?!?!"... that would make me feel better about it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-11, 16:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

maybe we should take out a billboard suggesting something like "well.. at least it wasn't 39-0.. did you ever think of that?!?!"... that would make me feel better about it.

I'm sensing some sarcasm.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-11, 16:41

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe we should take out a billboard suggesting something like "well.. at least it wasn't 39-0.. did you ever think of that?!?!"... that would make me feel better about it.

He is out of control.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-11, 16:44

NigelUno wrote:

He is out of control.
Is this a warning?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-11, 16:49

NigelUno wrote:

He is out of control.

Might have to add Moose to the list of guys that like to post (a lot) when we lose.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-11, 16:53

NigelUno wrote:

He is out of control.

Might have to add Moose to the list of guys that like to post (a lot) when we lose.

He seems super bent out of a shape that a 7 seeded team who overachieved after a mediocre regular season lost to the National Champions in the Final 4. I paid $380 for a ticket that weekend, you don't see me still bitching about it.

Maybe after we win the Natty this year he will ease up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2