Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck distracted drivers

+11
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Gomer
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Turtleneck
The Pantry
15 posters

Go down

Fuck distracted drivers Empty Fuck distracted drivers

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-18, 23:45

Had one hit me today in my subdivision on the way home from work.

Exterior damage isn't much but his truck rolled up my steering linkage enough to make it undrivable on main roads.  Said he was "looking at the radio",  which is an 8+" screen in the new Silverado.  Kinda kicking myself for not calling the cops.  

Got my vehicle back home.  Tow truck in the morning.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fuck distracted drivers Empty Re: Fuck distracted drivers

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 23:47

Did his license plate read DWAGS?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 23:49

Turtleneck wrote:Did his license plate read DWAGS?

Ha I have a Silverado too.

Pantry, sorry that happened. That's fucked up
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-18, 23:52

I drive a Silverado too. Didn't hit anyone today though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 23:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I drive a Silverado too. Didn't hit anyone today though.

Oh look, my stalker showed up in this thread. Of course he did.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-18, 23:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I drive a Silverado too. Didn't hit anyone today though.

Not trying to take away from the Pantry, but I filled mine up for 30 dollars today. $1.48 a gallon. Victory.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 23:56

For that very reason I've started driving more in the right lane on city streets and highways with no median strips. Seems like it might be a safer option because there'd be a slightly longer time to react to a vehicle crossing into oncoming traffic.
Let's face it, the older I get the likelier I am to use the slow lane anyway. Minus well get used to my future place on the road.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-19, 00:25

tGreenWay wrote:For that very reason I've started driving more in the right lane on city streets and highways with no median strips. Seems like it might be a safer option because there'd be a slightly longer time to react to a vehicle crossing into oncoming traffic.
Let's face it, the older I get the likelier I am to use the slow lane anyway. Minus well get used to my future place on the road.
Use to do some slightly batshit crazy driving when I was young but have settled into old age driving a bit saner.

Fucker that ran into me is 52. Lives around the corner down another street. Complete asshat maneuver thinking he could cut the corner at a yield sign without paying attention to what the fuck he was doing. I got side-swiped about the time he figured out where his attention should have been.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-19, 00:28

Do tell. I walk alot in the hood. Where and who.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-19, 00:39

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:For that very reason I've started driving more in the right lane on city streets and highways with no median strips. Seems like it might be a safer option because there'd be a slightly longer time to react to a vehicle crossing into oncoming traffic.
Use to do some slightly batshit crazy driving when I was young but have settled into old age driving a bit saner.

Fucker that ran into me is 52. Lives around the corner down another street. Complete asshat maneuver thinking he could cut the corner at a yield sign without paying attention to what the fuck he was doing. I got side-swiped about the time he figured out where his attention should have been.

Only time I did any crazy driving was on the highway, and always with both hands on the wheel. I can thank Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, and Richard Petty for me believing I had NASCAR blood in me every time I drove up to or back from Petoskey.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-19, 00:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Do tell. I walk alot in the hood. Where and who.
Happened turning right off of Hyde Park onto Avery. Couldn't fucking believe it was happening...at maybe 5 mph. Like it was all in slow motion.

Know many people toward the South end of Stoddard?

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-19, 01:06

No, don't know anyone down that way other than the couple of people that live directly behind me. I think there's a couple of families at our school down there, though. Sorry man. I know of a good body shop owned by a friend, but it's in Redford. Let me know if you need connects.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-01-19, 01:07

That's what happens when you don't pasteurize your milk.  Just sayin' Fuck distracted drivers 2599972566

Sucks though.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-19, 01:10

Gomer wrote:That's what happens when you don't pasteurize your milk.  Just sayin' Fuck distracted drivers 2599972566

Sucks though.

Here we go.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-19, 01:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Gomer wrote:That's what happens when you don't pasteurize your milk.  Just sayin' Fuck distracted drivers 2599972566

Sucks though.

Here we go.
No. No, we don't.

Didn't give a shit what Gomer thinks, before or after he was fictitiously outed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-19, 02:34

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Here we go.
No. No, we don't.

Didn't give a shit what Gomer thinks, before or after he was fictitiously outed.

Willpower. You got it! You got it!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-19, 07:32

Driving in the right lane on a city street would make you much more likely to get hit from cars entering the street (than from anyone crossing over from the other side).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-19, 07:48

The Pantry wrote:Had one hit me today in my subdivision on the way home from work.

Exterior damage isn't much but his truck rolled up my steering linkage enough to make it undrivable on main roads.  Said he was "looking at the radio",  which is an 8+" screen in the new Silverado.  Kinda kicking myself for not calling the cops.  

Should have beat the fuck out of that SOB.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-19, 08:49

The Pantry wrote:Had one hit me today in my subdivision on the way home from work.

Your insurance company will be kicking you too unless you don't make any claims and let the dope who hit you get off scott free.
Maybe you can gulit trip him into a $2000-$3000 check.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-19, 15:54

Update: Filed a claim yesterday. Vehicle was picked up in my driveway around noon and taken to a collision shop affiliated with the insurance company. Got a rental via the rider on my policy.

Only concern is with the insurance company. Have a deductible on broad collision. They are claiming it may or may not be waived and are waiting for the adjuster to make a determination. Called them a little while ago to ask if filing a police report would assist in the determination...they said no.

The deductible is not a concern whether they make me pay it. What bugs me is them possibly holding the accident against me when it clearly was no fault of my own.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-19, 16:11

The Pantry wrote:Update: Filed a claim yesterday. Vehicle was picked up in my driveway around noon and taken to a collision shop affiliated with the insurance company. Got a rental via the rider on my policy.

Only concern is with the insurance company. Have a deductible on broad collision. They are claiming it may or may not be waived and are waiting for the adjuster to make a determination. Called them a little while ago to ask if filing a police report would assist in the determination...they said no.

The deductible is not a concern whether they make me pay it. What bugs me is them possibly holding the accident against me when it clearly was no fault of my own.

Did you thank them for such an in-depth look into their future decision?

If you end up having to pay the deductible, then go after the other driver and get him to pay it. And yes, your rates are probably going up. Not definitely, but there's a better chance than not. I guess what I'm saying is your rates may or may not go up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-19, 16:30

tGreenWay wrote:If you end up having to pay the deductible, then go after the other driver with a .44 Magnum and get him to pay it.

Enhanced Greenway's advice and plan for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-19, 16:36

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If you end up having to pay the deductible, then go after the other driver with a .44 Magnum and get him to pay it.

Deductible is only $250. Hardly worth shooting the guy.

But, I might climb on his Silverado and take a dump on his windshield some night when it gets warmer Wink
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-01-19, 17:28

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Deductible is only $250. Hardly worth shooting the guy.

But, I might climb on his Silverado and take a dump on his windshield some night when it gets warmer Wink
Maybe not shooting him, or even go after him directly, but your insurance company should try to get his insurance to pay the deductible. However, since you didn't call the police, he (or his insurance company) could always claim that it was your fault and that you ran into him (or both of your faults). They may have said that filing a police report now wouldn't help with the deductible, but if you had called the cops at the time, they would have (or at least should have, based on what you've said) issued him a citation, and that helps your insurance company get his insurance company to cover the deductible. At least that's how it worked for me one time.

Maybe it's because I live in one of the biggest hubs in the country for scams, as well as uninsured motorists, but no matter how tiny of a scratch, I'd call the police if I'm ever in an accident. And I would never move my car until the po-po tells me to. It's way to easy for some asshole to claim that something happened differently from reality once the accident scene has been moved or left altogether.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-19, 17:43

It's not the $250 your insurer is concerned with. It's fraud like Miami posted.

Like it or not, it's always in your best interest in circumstances like yours to file a police accident report. An undocumented claim may add points to your insurance rating and you may see a rate increase.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-19, 17:48

Why in the world didn't you call the cops, man???
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-01-19, 20:19

Death Roe wrote:Why in the world didn't you call the cops, man???

I think he hates the government.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-01-19, 20:34

Fuck distracted drivers 969504605 Fuck distracted drivers 2267303065 drunken
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-19, 20:41

Some PDs won't even write/file a report if they judge damage to be under a grand. Not saying this is the case w/Pantry's issue. But I would always call the cops and let them determine whether or not to file. That way, at least there's the record of them having answered the call to the scene.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-19, 21:06

gHost Spartan wrote:In Phoenix we have the "suicide lanes" (turning lanes) are converted into full-on lanes during the morning and evening rush hour, so you can drive on them and opposing traffic isn't allowed to use them as turning lanes during certain hours, which obviously does not work. We have idiots all the time in those lanes. It's fucking crazy to jump in and out on the morning/evening drive,you never know when someone is going to come from the opposite direction thinking that they can turn. To make matters worse, I see people texting and driving in those lanes all the time. It's fucking crazy. Texting and driving IMO is far worse than drunk driving.

I've always thought drunk driving was worse just because the drunk is drunk the entire time behind the wheel, so there's a greater chance of an incident. The texter is only distracted in the moments while texting, so not as big of a timeframe to have something bad happen.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-19, 21:08

Drunk driving is nbd imo. I drive drunk and text with my kids in the car all the time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-19, 21:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Drunk driving is nbd imo. I drive drunk and text with my kids in the car all the time.

It doesn't sound like you're driving as if your family was in the other car.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-19, 21:11

gHost Spartan wrote:In Phoenix we have the "suicide lanes" (turning lanes) are converted into full-on lanes during the morning and evening rush hour, so you can drive on them and opposing traffic isn't allowed to use them as turning lanes during certain hours, which obviously does not work. We have idiots all the time in those lanes. It's fucking crazy to jump in and out on the morning/evening drive,you never know when someone is going to come from the opposite direction thinking that they can turn. To make matters worse, I see people texting and driving in those lanes all the time. It's fucking crazy. Texting and driving IMO is far worse than drunk driving.

Is the state slogan "Arizona, where you will probably die before the end of the day because there are like 37299
million ways to die in this state"?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-01-19, 21:27; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-19, 21:16

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Drunk driving is nbd imo. I drive drunk and text with my kids in the car all the time.

It doesn't sound like you're driving as if your family was in the other car.

That would be better. Then I could just run them off the road.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-19, 21:56

Gomer wrote:
Fuck distracted drivers 969504605 Fuck distracted drivers 2267303065 drunken
Was on the way home from work with a stop at the grocery store. Piss off, homo-pasteurized.

Had not been in an accident in over 30 years. That one wasn't my fault either...guy crossed his fingers he could shoot a gap through backed up traffic and I T-boned him coming from the other direction. Cops discovered his license was suspended.

Accident was weird. Low speed turning a corner in my subdivision. Around 4:15pm. Full sunshine and the streets were dry. Right blinker on along with daytime running lights. Street he was approaching from ended at the street I was turning right off of. Was maybe a third of the way through the turn when I realized he had no fucking clue my SUV was there as he was obliviously cutting the corner while looking at his big screen.

Shockingly little exterior damage after we got out. Said he worked at a Chevy dealership I was familiar with and maybe it could be taken care of without a claim. Should have called the cops after he claimed he forgot his wallet at home. Instead agreed to follow him to his house which was also in the sub. Got back in my vehicle and followed him. Noticed the steering wheel had to be rotated ~20° from its center position to drive straight.

No adjuster numbers in yet but betting the mechanical repair dollars will far exceed that of the exterior damage.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2016-01-20, 12:37

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Fucker that ran into me is 52.  Lives around the corner down another street.  Complete asshat maneuver thinking he could cut the corner at a yield sign without paying attention to what the fuck he was doing.  I got side-swiped about the time he figured out where his attention should have been.  

Only time I did any crazy driving was on the highway, and always with both hands on the wheel.  I can thank Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, and Richard Petty for me believing I had NASCAR blood in me every time I drove up to or back from Petoskey.

I always had you pegged as a Dick Trickle guy.

Fuck distracted drivers Th?id=OIP.M088dddca5657062c14ce4da072b52ec0H0&pid=15
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-20, 14:12

Son of Sparta wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Only time I did any crazy driving was on the highway, and always with both hands on the wheel.  I can thank Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, and Richard Petty for me believing I had NASCAR blood in me every time I drove up to or back from Petoskey.

I always had you pegged as a Dick Trickle guy.

Fuck distracted drivers Th?id=OIP.M088dddca5657062c14ce4da072b52ec0H0&pid=15

Sad ending for Dick. By now, he's shriveled up and withered away.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-22, 20:08

Shocked to get my vehicle back today after the bump shop initially predicted this coming Tuesday. Was wrong estimating the mechanical damage costing more than the body work. Turned out only the tie rod ends got bent. Mechanical damage/parts/labor/realignment was only a third of the total repair cost, despite the shop charging $80/hour for mechanical and $40/hour for body repair.

Was kinda pissed when first getting to the repair shop, conveniently nearby and recommended by my insurance company. Bump shop said they got a check from the insurance company, less my broad collision deductible and that I needed to pay it. No fucking way that was gonna happen since I was maybe 1% at fault in the accident for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Got the chick behind the desk to call my insurance company. No speaker phone for me to hear but she apparently got bounced to a few different people and then there was about 15 minutes of hold time. She was maybe a 5 but averted my eyes to avoid getting caught looking at her cleavage.

Time well spent. Sounded like she talked to someone at my insurance company and the deductible was waived. She confirmed to me after hanging up.

The car repair business will always be fucked up, unless you have good friend that does it. Will be calling my insurance company to report the con-job their "approved" local repair shop played to double-dip the deductible.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-23, 02:02

The Pantry wrote:Shocked to get my vehicle back today after the bump shop initially predicted this coming Tuesday. Was wrong estimating the mechanical damage costing more than the body work. Turned out only the tie rod ends got bent. Mechanical damage/parts/labor/realignment was only a third of the total repair cost, despite the shop charging $80/hour for mechanical and $40/hour for body repair.

Was kinda pissed when first getting to the repair shop, conveniently nearby and recommended by my insurance company. Bump shop said they got a check from the insurance company, less my broad collision deductible and that I needed to pay it. No fucking way that was gonna happen since I was maybe 1% at fault in the accident for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Got the chick behind the desk to call my insurance company. No speaker phone for me to hear but she apparently got bounced to a few different people and then there was about 15 minutes of hold time. She was maybe a 5 but averted my eyes to avoid getting caught looking at her cleavage.

Time well spent. Sounded like she talked to someone at my insurance company and the deductible was waived. She confirmed to me after hanging up.

The car repair business will always be fucked up, unless you have good friend that does it. Will be calling my insurance company to report the con-job their "approved" local repair shop played to double-dip the deductible.

Sounds like it worked out. Sorry you had to go through that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down