Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvelous Marvin Clark Jr

+2
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
6 posters

Go down

Marvelous Marvin Clark Jr Empty Marvelous Marvin Clark Jr

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-23, 22:10

I haven't been keeping super close tabs on the hoops team. Embarrassingly I somehow know more about football recruiting than I do current status of hoops. I know Yum Yum is hurt but wtf is the deal with Clark? Health? #matchups? Trouble?

I know Bess didn't see the floor tonight, nor did Wollen(h)man. But Goins played some forward. Why no Clark? He can shoot it, he has more size/muscle and stuff.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Marvelous Marvin Clark Jr Empty Re: Marvelous Marvin Clark Jr

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-23, 22:12

I think he has some type of injury.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-23, 22:12

I would give you an answer, but the same things that blew up my "I'm going to get sweet/good at golf thread" are also to blame here. Job, kids, etc, etc..... I haven't been paying much ATTENSHUN!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-23, 22:13

MSU Radio folks were saying something about #matchups - said midway in first half that you wouldn't see him or Bess, so it was a big deal when Deyonta got his second foul and had to go to the bench.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-23, 22:14

Fuck, we've boxed ourselves in here guys. No more opinions on the basketball squad or the freedom fighters will track us down and Herbie will admonish us for not laying our asses on the line every single week.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-23, 22:18

I am trying to come up with something but I don't know the answer. Great win tonight. They need to bring the same effort every game. I was getting tired of laying my ass on the line only to see them pussy footing around.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-23, 22:21

It's weird, it seems like it's not being talked about a lot. He hasn't played in like 3-4 games in a row, right?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-23, 22:26

He had some minor injury but I think he is just in the doghouse. Bess was starting the last couple of games and I don't think he even got in the game tonight so that puts him two spots outside of the rotation. Goins didn't play last game and then plays like 20 minutes tonight. It is all messed up. At least Wally didn't get in either.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-23, 22:32

Clark is the one with the very bad upbringing, right? Like his mom kicked him out when he's 10?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-23, 22:37

InTenSity wrote:Clark is the one with the very bad upbringing, right? Like his mom kicked him out when he's 10?

Seems like he'd have had WAY more practice time then. What's his fucking excuse?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-23, 22:41

tTy wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Clark is the one with the very bad upbringing, right? Like his mom kicked him out when he's 10?

Seems like he'd have had WAY more practice time then. What's his fucking excuse?
He's not a fucking white Mormon boy?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-23, 23:13

Wolly got in when Izzo took Costello out for a curtain call.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-24, 10:00

Joe Rexrode wrote:•MSU’s rotation isn’t settling in as much as it may seem: Nairn will return, which will bump Alvin Ellis (who turned in 7 important minutes) back out of the playing group. And it will allow more rest for the other regulars. The biggest conclusion to avoid from recent games is that Marvin Clark and Javon Bess are out of that rotation.

Maryland and Wisconsin are big all the time, so MSU went big all the time against them. Bess ended up as MSU’s best option to guard Nebraska’s Shavon Shields. Shields went off, but Bess had more success than anyone else.

Coming right up, MSU is going to play some teams that basically play guards at the four spot. And the Spartans are not going to be able to get away with Davis/Goins/Schilling at the 4 for 40 minutes – maybe not for 10 minutes. In those matchups, Clark and/or Bess will have a chance to contribute. And then all the screaming about why Clark isn’t playing can change back to screaming about why Davis isn’t playing!

Hey Joe: What we know (and don't know) about MSU basketball
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-24, 15:38

SpartanInNH wrote:
Joe Rexrode wrote:•MSU’s rotation isn’t settling in as much as it may seem: Nairn will return, which will bump Alvin Ellis (who turned in 7 important minutes) back out of the playing group. And it will allow more rest for the other regulars. The biggest conclusion to avoid from recent games is that Marvin Clark and Javon Bess are out of that rotation.

Maryland and Wisconsin are big all the time, so MSU went big all the time against them. Bess ended up as MSU’s best option to guard Nebraska’s Shavon Shields. Shields went off, but Bess had more success than anyone else.

Coming right up, MSU is going to play some teams that basically play guards at the four spot. And the Spartans are not going to be able to get away with Davis/Goins/Schilling at the 4 for 40 minutes – maybe not for 10 minutes. In those matchups, Clark and/or Bess will have a chance to contribute. And then all the screaming about why Clark isn’t playing can change back to screaming about why Davis isn’t playing!

Hey Joe: What we know (and don't know) about MSU basketball

Why doesn't the other team have to sub a guard out if MSU wants to play two bigs?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down