Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff)

+4
Rocinante
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff) - Page 2 Empty Re: Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff)

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:22 pm

DWags mixed it up good. I like this guy. Just imagine what he could do with a hat. I had some work to do, and had to avoid substantive threads. I'll get back to it tomorrow.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff) - Page 2 Empty Re: Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff)

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:06 am

is someone who supports "freedom" still discussing the option of forcing me to participate in illegal drugs?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 am

I'm starting to think you didn't get the joke, Bob.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:32 am

xsanguine wrote:I'm starting to think you didn't get the joke, Bob.
Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff) - Page 2 502811600

maybe not... sorry.

so I ran 7 miles this morning.. finished up around 6:15 am. If I had been up all night doing drugs, I don't think I would've been able to do that.

I think you and I have different interests. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:34 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I'm starting to think you didn't get the joke, Bob.
Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff) - Page 2 502811600

maybe not... sorry.

so I ran 7 miles this morning.. finished up around 6:15 am. If I had been up all night doing drugs, I don't think I would've been able to do that.

I usually do my running in the evening after weights. I usually do my "drugs" afterwards. That does make us polar opposites, Bob. Night and day, if you will. Wink
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:39 am

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff) - Page 2 502811600

maybe not... sorry.

I usually do my running in the evening after weights. I usually do my "drugs" afterwards. That does make us polar opposites, Bob. Night and day, if you will. Wink
yeah - I say by the time you're doing your drugs, I've already had all of my supplements, tea extracts and probably sleeping like a small child.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:00 am

Should I be doing weights first and then running or do running and then some weights? I figured weights and then running... But maybe I'm doing it wrong. I just figured I'd be too tired from cardio to start lifting things and putting them down.

What sort of supplements are you taking? I'be only been doing multivitamins. I'm kind of health nut with regards to food and exercise but I haven't really messed with adding supplements to my regimen.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:05 am

xsanguine wrote:Should I be doing weights first and then running or do running and then some weights? I figured weights and then running... But maybe I'm doing it wrong. I just figured I'd be too tired from cardio to start lifting things and putting them down.

What sort of supplements are you taking? I'be only been doing multivitamins. I'm kind of health nut with regards to food and exercise but I haven't really messed with adding supplements to my regimen.
I know virtually nothing about resistance training.. I'm probably not the best person to ask. Seems to me it would be easier to run and then lift weights.

these are the primary supplements I take.. formulate to mainly support immune function. Also heave on the antioxidants... which is always good.

Source Naturals Wellness Formula

in terms of tea extracts, I primarily take EGCg - the active phytonutrient/compound in green tea - strong antioxidant.

Click Me
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:12 am

Awesome, Bob. I'll check them out. I've always been able to go pretty hardcore but lately (the last 6 months or so) I've noticed my motivation has gone down as well as my ability to go as hard as I was before. And I don't even do drugs anymore (maybe a little weed once in awhile)... So it's weird. I'm not a correlation = causation guy most of the time but maybe I should start doing drugs again... Maybe the reason I'm getting tired more often and quicker is because I don't have any illicit compounds in my body. What say you?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:15 am

xsanguine wrote:Awesome, Bob. I'll check them out. I've always been able to go pretty hardcore but lately (the last 6 months or so) I've noticed my motivation has gone down as well as my ability to go as hard as I was before. And I don't even do drugs anymore (maybe a little weed once in awhile)... So it's weird. I'm not a correlation = causation guy most of the time but maybe I should start doing drugs again... Maybe the reason I'm getting tired more often and quicker is because I don't have any illicit compounds in my body. What say you?
I certainly can't go as hard as I used to.. I can do one or two high intensity workouts per week but it just seems to take my body so much longer to recover. My personal thought is that it's more associated with age. I mean, I can't do anything more intensely at 46 than I could do when I was, say.. 20. Except take naps - Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff) - Page 2 502811600

there are obvious exceptions and, overall, I think more "good" comes from aging than "bad".. but recovery is not one of them - for me, anyway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 am

That makes sense. Man.... I figured it would happen some day but I didn't think I'd notice it at 31. I have to be honest, though... I don't get as much sleep as I should. I'm usually at about 4 or 5 hours a night. Some weekends if the wife lets me sleep in I'll get a good 7 or 8 but more often than not she's dragging me to some social event we obligated ourselves to. I've been trying to figure out ways of maybe increasing my energy level. There's some dietary things I could change; I eat pretty well but I do have a sweet tooth for soda. Man, just a mere 6 or 7 years ago I used to be a smoker and I'd drink Mountain Dew while lifting and drink until 4 or 5 every day and I was huge. Now I'm just an average sized dude who's in pretty good shape but it's torture making myself go down to the basement to lift or run (can't stand running outside, I'm a treadmill guy). Some days I think "what's the point" but I'll just do it anyways.

I'm screwed, aren't I?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:23 am

xsanguine wrote:That makes sense. Man.... I figured it would happen some day but I didn't think I'd notice it at 31. I have to be honest, though... I don't get as much sleep as I should. I'm usually at about 4 or 5 hours a night. Some weekends if the wife lets me sleep in I'll get a good 7 or 8 but more often than not she's dragging me to some social event we obligated ourselves to. I've been trying to figure out ways of maybe increasing my energy level. There's some dietary things I could change; I eat pretty well but I do have a sweet tooth for soda. Man, just a mere 6 or 7 years ago I used to be a smoker and I'd drink Mountain Dew while lifting and drink until 4 or 5 every day and I was huge. Now I'm just an average sized dude who's in pretty good shape but it's torture making myself go down to the basement to lift or run (can't stand running outside, I'm a treadmill guy). Some days I think "what's the point" but I'll just do it anyways.

I'm screwed, aren't I?
well, you might be screwed but not because of any of that.. Paging poster X, poster X to this thread. You're going to want to read this. (Warning: Government & Politics Stuff) - Page 2 502811600

from a diet standpoint, I've tried to get rid of a lot of simple sugars and processed stuff. Cokes, Mtn Dew, etc are the devil. Not only do they have absolutely no nutritional value - at all - I mean, none - but they're also packed with sugar and it's usually in the high fructose corn syrup variety.

I've gotten rid of most fried foods, too - and I've cut way back on bread.

oh - and check your PM's for more nutritional tips.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 am

Awesome, Bob! I will check it out... You're a saint, dude. For realz.

I've never had an issue with any substance in terms of abuse or anything like that... And I've done my dance with some of the more common culprits of societal problems... But the one substance I've never been able to shake no matter how hard I try is soda. I get antsy and irritable... I don't think from the caffeine, just that flavor hitting the lips. Tried doing carbonated water things like La Croix or Schwepps but it's not the same by a long shot. Anyways, I'll check out the tips. Thanks again brotha!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2