Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.

+19
MiamiSpartan
AnomanderRake
Rocinante
Giant Moose
SpartanInNH
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
steveschneider
InTenSity
Snake Plissken
Frank Ricard
Turtleneck
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Ass Dan
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
tGreenWay
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy crap, it's cold out right now.

Post by tGreenWay Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 2:11

steveschneider wrote:Grow a pair

Nothing grows in these temps. In fact, most things shrink or wither away.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy crap, it's cold out right now.

Post by Blanch32 Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 3:08

62 isn't cold
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 9:53

Blanch32 wrote:62 isn't cold

Not compared to 9°. But it sure as hell ain't hot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 9:58

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Maybe I should take my daughter to key West tomorrow, probably not south beach.

It's always a good time in Kanye West.

Say what? Something you want to tell us?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 10:00

I gotta go clear the driveway and sidewalk. God dammit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 10:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I gotta go clear the driveway and sidewalk. God dammit.

Do it like a man.

X15 Flamethrower

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 10:17

15 degrees, 10 - 20 MPH winds headed in, gusts up to 30 MPH, temperatures dropping to -1 to -14, wind chill as low as -37. pale
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 10:17

Going to drop down to the single digits here tonight. I miss December when flowers were blooming.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 10:58

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's always a good time in Kanye West.

Say what? Something you want to tell us?

Shut up, Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 14:07

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Honestly. No
Wasn't meant for that. I'm dying of pneumonia right now. So the steamy room was to loosen my lungs. Didn't quite work.

We could still have fun and not risk endangering your health any further. We could play Hide the Pickle and you'd still be able to breathe from your mouth. I'm so small you'll barely know I'm there.

You are sourceful, I like in.
I'm in.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 14:09

Dendrobates wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We could still have fun and not risk endangering your health any further. We could play Hide the Pickle and you'd still be able to breathe from your mouth. I'm so small you'll barely know I'm there.

You are sourceful, I like in.
I'm in.

That's my line. I usually have to say something so the woman knows I'm actually in. Also: Yippee!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 16:29

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 12743607_980563615353442_4767197736726393202_n
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 12:47

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 DSogwJoU0AAgFwe

Minus well break some records.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 12:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 DSogwJoU0AAgFwe

Minus well break some records.

It's been damned nippy up here.   Burning about 50% more gas than usual right now.

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 EvCdtlM
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 12:57

All I know is that this cold snap doesn't usually happen until the 3rd week of January, which doesn't bode well for the 3rd week of January.

You ever consider getting a pellet stove, Goose?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:All I know is that this cold snap doesn't usually happen until the 3rd week of January, which doesn't bode well for the 3rd week of January.

I heated my old house with pellets.

2 things about them - generally pellet stoves suck and are unreliable as hell. I had 3-4 of them and
seemed to be fixing them monthly - switches, augur motors, etc, etc. When I 1st started heating
with pellets/corn both were cheap. Then corn took off, nearly tripling in price, followed by pellets
going from $120 or so a ton to $200 or more. Someone would have to be a helluva salesman to
get me back into that one.

The best deal up here are the outdoor wood boilers. #2 son has one and heats his house and 2 garages
with it, plus gets his hot water in the winter from it. Buys slab wood from a local sawmill for $10 a ton.
He has to feed the boiler when he leaves in the morning and gets home at night but even then spends
about $50 a month to heat all that space.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:All I know is that this cold snap doesn't usually happen until the 3rd week of January, which doesn't bode well for the 3rd week of January.

2 things about them - generally pellet stoves suck and are unreliable as hell. I had 3-4 of them and
seemed to be fixing them monthly - switches, augur motors, etc, etc. When I 1st started heating
with pellets/corn both were cheap. Then corn took off, nearly tripling in price, followed by pellets
going from $120 or so a ton to $200 or more. Someone would have to be a helluva salesman to

The best deal up here are the outdoor wood boilers. #2 son has one and heats his house and 2 garages
with it, plus gets his hot water in the winter from it. Buys slab wood from a local sawmill for $10 a ton.
He has to feed the boiler when he leaves in the morning and gets home at night but even then spends

Interesting info. I only ask about the pellet stove because one of my co-workers uses one in the room where they spend most of their waking hours, keeping the rest of house somewhat cooler. Seems like a tradeoff to me, but it's her strategy.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Interesting info. I only ask about the pellet stove because one of my co-workers uses one in the room where they spend most of their waking hours, keeping the rest of house somewhat cooler. Seems like a tradeoff to me, but it's her strategy.

That could work better. I replaced a wood stove with the pellet stove so it was my sole source of heat. In their situation it's not critical if the pellet stove is down for a couple days. At the time LP was $3.69 a gallon, the last 2 years it's been in the $1.20-$1.50 range that makes pellets a really bad choice right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:24

Where's yer global warming now, libruls.

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 2018-01-02_18-07-28-768x574
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:32

My apartment clearly needs a better seal around the windows as I can feel cold air drafting and had to crank my heat up a bit to counteract the effect.

Also, as somebody who normally walks to and from work, I am basically dressing like an eskimo every day.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:41

Rocinante wrote:Where's yer global warming now, libruls.

No worries, any fool knows that cooling is caused by warming.

Readers on the cold front: You can thank global warming for this cold

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:48

LooseGoose wrote:

No worries, any fool knows that cooling is caused by warming.  

Readers on the cold front: You can thank global warming for this cold

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 Titanic
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 13:53

Planning to throw some Grabbers in my gloves to walk the dog. Might put some Mushers' Secret on her paws. Mostly, I'll just shop places that welcome dogs inside. Lowe's, Home Depot, Van Atta's, pet stores. Get her exercise without having to deal with this stuff.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:17

It's snowing in Tallahassee.

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 Z
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:18

We might even get below 40 tonight or tomorrow night here in Miami.  Fuck this shit.  I'm moving to Cuba.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:We might even get below 40 tonight or tomorrow night here in Miami.  Fuck this shit.  I'm moving to Cuba.
Just go to Kendall.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:We might even get below 40 tonight or tomorrow night here in Miami.  Fuck this shit.  I'm moving to Cuba.

Can’t . Trump won’t let you.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:45

InTenSity wrote:
Just go to Kendall.
I think Kendall will still be cold.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:46

I know of a nice place to say in Guantanamo. Let me know, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:51

Dendrobates wrote:

Can’t . Trump won’t let you.
Hmmm, I may have to find one of these.  It worked bringing people from Cuba.
Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 050322_cubans_truck_hmed12p.grid-6x2
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 16:48

They're just making this shit up as they go, right?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:22

On my way home from work I saw about 42 geese in formation flying south. Aren't they like six weeks late? Last nine days finally got to be too much I guess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:On my way home from work I saw about 42 geese in formation flying south. Aren't they like six weeks late? Last nine days finally got to be too much I guess.

You talking about Canadian geese? Because they don’t go south anymore. Haven’t for a decade or so.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:43

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:On my way home from work I saw about 42 geese in formation flying south. Aren't they like six weeks late? Last nine days finally got to be too much I guess.

You talking about Canadian geese? Because they don’t go south anymore. Haven’t for a decade or so.

Not sure what kind of geese, I didn't ask them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

“Hey sorrey, we flying south eh”
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:53

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Take off, hosers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 17:59

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Take off, hosers.

Ay pal didn’t realize I needed my tuque, just seeing if you wanna split a two four o’ molson
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 18:04

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Take off, hosers.

Ay pal didn’t realize I needed my tuque, just seeing if you wanna split a two four o’ molson

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 18:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Don’t test me Floyd I played juniors for two years in Canada, respect my culture
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 18:12

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Don’t test me Floyd I played juniors for two years in Canada, respect my culture

Wow, learn something cool every day here. Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 2 55953254

I did two summer hockey camps in Toronto totaling a month.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next