Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.

+19
MiamiSpartan
AnomanderRake
Rocinante
Giant Moose
SpartanInNH
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
steveschneider
InTenSity
Snake Plissken
Frank Ricard
Turtleneck
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Ass Dan
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
tGreenWay
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy crap, it's cold out right now.

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-03, 18:14

Okay, I confess to being part moron. Looked at my new phone a few times this morning and thought the "3" was the temp outside. Wasn't until lunchtime I realized it was the date. Embarassed
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 3 Empty Re: Holy crap, it's cold out right now.

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-03, 18:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Don’t test me Floyd I played juniors for two years in Canada, respect my culture

Wow, learn something cool every day here. Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 3 55953254

I did two summer hockey camps in Toronto totaling a month.

I’ve done some camps up up north, I was drafted by Sarnia and then played for Sudbury
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-01-03, 18:20

It seems like we've gotten hammered this year compared to early 2017. I can't remember there being much snow on the ground Christmas 2016.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-03, 18:21

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Wow, learn something cool every day here. Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 3 55953254

I’ve done some camps up up north, I was drafted by Sarnia and then played for Sudbury

Did you ever get molested by your juniors coach? That seems like a thing.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-03, 18:23

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I had to give it up when I was 14. Moved to BFE all I had was pond hockey. Nearest rink was like 30 miles away, no HS team. Still kind of pissed about that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-03, 18:26

Da Mayor wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Never heard of this being a hockey thing, I played majors for the pride prior the Bowkus thing and him being scrutinized for “making kids fight”, such bull shit
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-03, 18:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

I had to give it up when I was 14. Moved to BFE all I had was pond hockey. Nearest rink was like 30 miles away, no HS team. Still kind of pissed about that.

Let’s get a swill puck game organized, who can skate?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-03, 18:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:On my way home from work I saw about 42 geese in formation flying south. Aren't they like six weeks late? Last nine days finally got to be too much I guess.

When you find a great place to take a shit, you really don't want to give it up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-03, 18:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Which part of BFE? Had a couple friends that played hockey in Warren. There were a couple rinks just north of the Tech Center. Not sure what's in that building now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-03, 18:38

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Which part of BFE? Had a couple friends that played hockey in Warren. There were a couple rinks just north of the Tech Center. Not sure what's in that building now.

Ortonville in the mid 70s was definitely BFE.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-03, 18:44

MattyFresh wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Never heard of this being a hockey thing, I played majors for the pride prior the Bowkus thing and him being scrutinized for “making kids fight”, such bull shit

You need to watch more Outside the Lines, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-03, 18:45

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Is your name Dean Youngblood?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-03, 18:47

Turtleneck wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Is your name Dean Youngblood?

Dave Killer Carlson is what my friends call me
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-04, 18:31

The Pantry wrote:Okay, I confess to being part moron. Looked at my new phone a few times this morning and thought the "3" was the temp outside. Wasn't until lunchtime I realized it was the date. Embarassed
My phone is fucking with me. There has been a number in the center of the screen all day with a degree symbol behind it, exactly where the date was yesterday. Currently says 10°.

Have made no changes to the phone settings since yesterday. Can hardly wait to see which number shows up tomorrow,
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-05, 07:48

Great Lakes ice coverage skyrockets in four weeks during deep freeze

Not rocket surgery but we're ahead of schedule in terms of % frozen coverage.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-05, 08:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:Great Lakes ice coverage skyrockets in four weeks during deep freeze

Why
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-05, 08:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Great Lakes ice coverage skyrockets in four weeks during deep freeze

Why

I think it has something to do with the extreme cold, Travis.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-05, 08:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Why

Because as my dearly departed Uncle Don would say - "It's been colder than a well digger's ass"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-05, 17:23

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 3 Hell-froze-over

Live look in at the Mitten.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-05, 18:05

Phone has been displaying the temp all day. Was 12 at lunch. Currently says -2.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-01-05, 18:14

I forgot to take a picture of my office and how many layers people were wearing...in Miami. I'm talking heavy coats and scarves.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-05, 18:20

InTenSity wrote:I forgot to take a picture of my office and how many layers people were wearing...in Miami. I'm talking heavy coats and scarves.
Our new Chinese overlords are a bit surprised at the weather here. One told us it rarely falls to 0° where they live back home. Of course, he was talking Celsius.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-05, 18:54

The Pantry wrote:Phone has been displaying the temp all day. Was 12 at lunch. Currently says -2.

This unfolding situation really should have its own thread. I'm hoping for many laughs at your expense.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-05, 19:20

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Phone has been displaying the temp all day. Was 12 at lunch. Currently says -2.

This unfolding situation really should have its own thread. I'm hoping for many laughs at your expense.
Fuck off. The 12 was not the time.

This new phone has a mind of its own.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-05, 19:30

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck off. The 12 was not the time.

That's what you get for trying to save money. Everybody here told you the iPhono wasn't the same thing as the real deal, but nooooo, you thought you'd gotten yourself a great deal.
Hey, next time you're in NYC, could you pick up a Rolex for me? You can find them on most streets for fifteen bucks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-01-05, 19:52

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Fuck off. The 12 was not the time.

That's what you get for trying to save money. Everybody here told you the iPhono wasn't the same thing as the real deal, but nooooo, you thought you'd gotten yourself a great deal.
Hey, next time you're in NYC, could you pick up a Rolex for me? You can find them on most streets for fifteen bucks.
Funny you mention Rolex. Co-worker stuck his wrist in my face on Tuesday wearing one. Told him he was way overpaid. Said his GF got it for him for Christmas. Bit my tongue before saying, "she must be really good at her profession".
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-05, 20:04

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Funny you mention Rolex. Co-worker stuck his wrist in my face on Tuesday wearing one. Told him he was way overpaid. Said his GF got it for him for Christmas. Bit my tongue before saying, "she must be really good at her profession".

What does she do for a living?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-05, 20:11

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 3 502811600 Definitely with you on Rolex being overpriced. I'd actually think my wife had lost her mind if she ever gave one to me as a gift, not to mention metal bands always pull my arm hairs. I prefer not to wear one anymore, and my phone works just fine as my watch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-05, 20:12

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Funny you mention Rolex. Co-worker stuck his wrist in my face on Tuesday wearing one. Told him he was way overpaid. Said his GF got it for him for Christmas. Bit my tongue before saying, "she must be really good at her profession".

What does she do for a living?

She a ho.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-05, 20:32

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Funny you mention Rolex. Co-worker stuck his wrist in my face on Tuesday wearing one. Told him he was way overpaid. Said his GF got it for him for Christmas. Bit my tongue before saying, "she must be really good at her profession".

Holy crap, it's cold out right now.   - Page 3 502811600 Definitely with you on Rolex being overpriced. I'd actually think my wife had lost her mind if she ever gave one to me as a gift, not to mention metal bands always pull my arm hairs. I prefer not to wear one anymore, and my phone works just fine as my watch.

That already happened the day she married you, GreenWay.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-05, 21:37

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Without question, you are correct. I definitely married up. That poor, poor woman.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-05, 21:39

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Without question, you are correct. I definitely married up. That poor, poor woman.

Sorry to hear she is poor. Have you thought about, I don't know, getting a fucking job?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-05, 21:43

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sorry to hear she is poor. Have you thought about, I don't know, getting a fucking job?

Where's the fun in that?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-05, 22:54

50 next Thursday. Shit is crazy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-06, 00:17

DWags wrote:50 next Thursday. Shit is crazy.

You're 56, old man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3