Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+37
MiamiSpartan
TheReal_LWS
SeeRockCity
Herbie Green
aualum06
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
By-Tor
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
Larry Kazamias
Death Roe
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
tanfan!
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
DWags
SpartanInNH
41 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags 2016-11-27, 17:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 CyTX0SmXUAE-320

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-27, 17:43

Clarett's Folly wrote:Down in Metro D today driving around running errands.
Listening to sports talk radio and it seems like the Harbs facade is starting to crack.

Sports talk radio over reacting.. I don't believe you
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-27, 18:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Down in Metro D today driving around running errands.
Listening to sports talk radio and it seems like the Harbs facade is starting to crack.

Sports talk radio over reacting.. I don't believe you

Shocking, I know. Still, I figured Harbs had a three to four year free pass. Especially in Detroit.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-27, 18:09

I can't believe they are pissed at Harbaugh. Everyone I have talked to and over at MGOBLOG is convinced it was a conspiracy and or unprecedented officiating favoritism
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-27, 18:30

Herbie Green wrote:I can't believe they are pissed at Harbaugh. Everyone I have talked to and over at MGOBLOG is convinced it was a conspiracy and or unprecedented officiating favoritism

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-27, 18:31

I bet I could find Herbie on MGoBlog in five minutes of browsing their forum.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-27, 19:46

Herbie Green wrote:I can't believe they are pissed at Harbaugh. Everyone I have talked to and over at MGOBLOGis convinced it was a conspiracy and or unprecedented officiating favoritism

Shocked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-27, 19:48

Lol, I admit I did have an account there for a while until banned
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-27, 19:53

Herbie Green wrote:Lol, I admit I did have an account there for a while until banned

You were banned yesterday?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-27, 20:06

Herbie Green wrote:Lol, I admit I did have an account there for a while until banned

What did you get banned for?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-27, 20:08

No, I meant I talked to a couple of actual people and then scrolled through mgoblog. I was banned a year or so ago after a little run
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-27, 20:09

Are you as big of a rebel in real life as you are on the Internet?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-27, 20:11

That's kind of a black mark.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-27, 20:15

NigelUno wrote:

That's kind of a black mark.

No, this is kind of a black mark.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 47265060.cached
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-27, 20:19

I have to agree it was a black mark on my posting career. It is not something I really want to talk about right now
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-27, 20:25

Herbie Green wrote:No, I meant I talked to a couple of actual people and then scrolled through mgoblog. I was banned a year or so ago after a little run

Ohhh. That's what you meant. Got it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-27, 20:25

Herbie Green wrote:I have to agree it was a black mark on my posting career. It is not something I really want to talk about right now

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-11-27, 22:01

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I have to agree it was a black mark on my posting career. It is not something I really want to talk about right now

i post there from time to time. someone has to play the passive aggressive poster role. I just never use the word "we". Just today, in the middle of one of their ref conspiracy tin foil hat threads I posted that 91 yds on 43 carries will not win many ball games against good opponents. Not many agreed.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-28, 07:46

UM whining makes me laugh so hard.. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 502811600

MSU never whines about anything.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-11-28, 08:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 CyTX0SmXUAE-320

lol!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-28, 10:39

God bless Doug Karsh and his stupid ass damage control Mondays.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-28, 10:50

There are people out there that legitimately think the CFP would select a 2 loss UM team that came in 3rd in their division over a 2 loss Wiscy or PSU team that wins the conference in Indy? I am aware that M beat both teams but seems pretty obvious that winning the B1G championship would trump that card.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-28, 11:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There are people out there that legitimately think the CFP would select a 2 loss UM team that came in 3rd in their division over a 2 loss Wiscy or PSU team that wins the conference in Indy? I am aware that M beat both teams but seems pretty obvious that winning the B1G championship would trump that card.

We're going to find out if fanbase/ratings trump conference championship.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-28, 11:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There are people out there that legitimately think the CFP would select a 2 loss UM team that came in 3rd in their division over a 2 loss Wiscy or PSU team that wins the conference in Indy? I am aware that M beat both teams but seems pretty obvious that winning the B1G championship would trump that card.

I'm about 99% positive that UM is out. They're just too far gone to justify including them in the playoff.
If OSU gets in, though... which is possible... that is some serious fuckery.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-28, 11:09

You would think and that would have some weight.  But it's only one criteria and it's not a top one.   8 teams eliminates this.  But I remain unconvinced that Michigan is out of it.  This weekend, as a matter of fact could put them smack in the thick of it.  

Frankly, lets all kid outselves and say that Michigan isn't the best or second best team in the conference because they are.  So, what exactly is the committee looking for?  The four best teams?  Cause Michigan and OSU are in that category.  Or the four best teams who also have at least a conference title?  

I frankly like some of the chaos.   But in this aspect, I won't lie, I don't want Michigan i the playoff.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-28, 11:10

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 16 4968558
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-11-28, 11:13

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm about 99% positive that UM is out. They're just too far gone to justify including them in the playoff.
If OSU gets in, though... which is possible... that is some serious fuckery.

Their resume is arguably the best of anybody. Alabama included.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-28, 11:14

I just hope something happens that makes me feel better about being a MSU fan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-28, 11:14

DWags wrote:

You would think and that would have some weight.  But it's only one criteria and it's not a top one.   8 teams eliminates this.  But I remain unconvinced that Michigan is out of it.  This weekend, as a matter of fact could put them smack in the thick of it.  

Frankly, lets all kid outselves and say that Michigan isn't the best or second best team in the conference because they are.  So, what exactly is the committee looking for?  The four best teams?  Cause Michigan and OSU are in that category.  Or the four best teams who also have at least a conference title?  

I frankly like some of the chaos.   But in this aspect, I won't lie, I don't want Michigan i the playoff.

You're exactly right and this is what bugs me so much about college football. Only in FBS football do people think that it needs to be the "best" four teams in the playoffs rather than the team that won its way in.
It would be like watching the movie Hoosiers but right before they get to the state playoffs they find out, via TV special, that Indianapolis Central got selected to go instead despite the fact they lost to Hickory earlier in the year.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-11-28, 11:17

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're exactly right and this is what bugs me so much about college football. Only in FBS football do people think that it needs to be the "best" four teams in the playoffs rather than the team that won its way in.
It would be like watching the movie Hoosiers but right before they get to the state playoffs they find out, via TV special, that Indianapolis Central got selected to go instead despite the fact they lost to Hickory earlier in the year.

It's just funny listening to the scum fans like Sam Webb tell people to be loud and vocal about the officiating. To not let it die. Follow savior Jim's lead........

I'm 52 years old and in my life I've seen two roughing the snapper calls. Both this year, both benefiting scum. The phantom call in the Wisconsin game directly affected the outcome.

Hypocrites.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-28, 11:22

kingstonlake wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

It's just funny listening to the scum fans like Sam Webb tell people to be loud and vocal about the officiating. To not let it die. Follow savior Jim's lead........

I'm 52 years old and in my life I've seen two roughing the snapper calls. Both this year, both benefiting scum. The phantom call in the Wisconsin game directly affected the outcome.

Hypocrites.

I had to tell a coworker today that this was the best possible outcome for him. They lost in controversial fashion so they'll forever get to claim that they were wronged and they'll miss getting curb-stomped in the playoffs so they'll always get to go around claiming that they could've beat Alabama.
It's the perfect Michigan victory.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-11-28, 11:27

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

The only reason UW is in the BIG title game is because they play in the BIG West. Their not one of the top 2 teams in the BIG. It's an unbalanced system so you are not getting the true top two teams playing this Saturday. They actually played last Saturday in Columbus IMO. If the playoff is really supposed to be the top 4 teams and the favorites all win on Friday/Saturday it should be AL, OSU, CLEM, WA. Washington should jump UM but PSU or UW should not.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-28, 11:33

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

The playoffs should only include conference champs, IMHO. You don't win your conference championship, sorry, but you don't qualify.

The side benefit is that Notre Dame is excluded until they join a conference. I loathe the idea that the CFP committee has given ND a seat at the big boy table and will make exceptions for their independent status.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-28, 11:33

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must
be considered:
 Championships won
 Strength of schedule
 Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
 Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

Championships won can only favor PSU or Wiscy and should be the biggest factor.

Strength of schedule for Wisconsin - they would have played 3 top 10 teams and be 1-2 against them (assuming they beat PSU) with another good win against LSU OOC. Wiscy's only 2 losses would be to top 5 teams.

For PSU - they would have played 3 T10 teams and be 2-1 against them. OOC loss to Pitt.

For M - they would have played 4 T10 teams and be 3-1 against them. OOC loss against poor Iowa team.

I suppose you can say advantage Michigan, though if quality of losses means anything, Wiscy has an argument.

H2H obviously favors Michigan.

Compartive outcomes of common opponents - Wiscy and PSU both beat Iowa. PSU beat OSU, which the other 2 lost to. There are no other significant victories on anyone's schedule against uncommon opponents and all other common opponents were beaten by all 3.

I can see them trying to justify it but that defies common sense when one of the teams is going to hold a P5 conference championship.

OSU is in for sure. They have 1 loss and are 3-1 against T10 teams. The loss was on the road to a top 10 team and by 3 points.

All of this is moot if Clemson and Colorado hold serve in the CCGs. It will be Bama, OSU, Clemmy and Colorado.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-11-28, 11:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must
be considered:
 Championships won
 Strength of schedule
 Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
 Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

Championships won can only favor PSU or Wiscy and should be the biggest factor.

Strength of schedule for Wisconsin - they would have played 3 top 10 teams and be 1-2 against them (assuming they beat PSU) with another good win against LSU OOC. Wiscy's only 2 losses would be to top 5 teams.

For PSU - they would have played 3 T10 teams and be 2-1 against them. OOC loss to Pitt.

For M - they would have played 4 T10 teams and be 3-1 against them. OOC loss against poor Iowa team.

I suppose you can say advantage Michigan, though if quality of losses means anything, Wiscy has an argument.

H2H obviously favors Michigan.

Compartive outcomes of common opponents - Wiscy and PSU both beat Iowa. PSU beat OSU, which the other 2 lost to. There are no other significant victories on anyone's schedule against uncommon opponents and all other common opponents were beaten by all 3.

I can see them trying to justify it but that defies common sense when one of the teams is going to hold a P5 conference championship.

OSU is in for sure. They have 1 loss and are 3-1 against T10 teams. The loss was on the road to a top 10 team and by 3 points.

All of this is moot if Clemson and Colorado hold serve in the CCGs. It will be Bama, OSU, Clemmy and Colorado.

The B1G Ten will not get a second team into the CFP that isn't the conference champ.

Period.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-28, 11:44

tOSU is in.
AL is in.
Clemson is in if they win.

The only question is if the winner of the Championship game gets in.
I think it's them vs WA for the last spot with OK as a real dark horse.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-11-28, 11:52

MICHIGAN MAN WEARING AC-DC SHIRT MELTS DOWN AFTER DOUBLE OVERTIME LOSS TO OHIO STATE

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-28, 11:52

You certainly can't justify putting a 2 loss M team that didn't even win their division over a 1 loss P5 Conf Champ. There's not even an argument for that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-28, 11:59

I am still not convinced the committee will put OSU in.

And I personally don't think they deserve to be in in front of the Big Ten champ. Nor do I think they are actually very good.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-28, 12:06

Heat Miser wrote:MICHIGAN MAN WEARING AC-DC SHIRT MELTS DOWN AFTER DOUBLE OVERTIME LOSS TO OHIO STATE

What is going on with the TV behind him? Is that a video game? Also, what is written on the wall next to him and what county do you think he lives in?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next