Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My half assed attempt at cheerin us all up just a tiiiiny bit...

+9
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
steveschneider
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My half assed attempt at cheerin us all up just a tiiiiny bit... Empty My half assed attempt at cheerin us all up just a tiiiiny bit...

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My half assed attempt at cheerin us all up just a tiiiiny bit... Empty Re: My half assed attempt at cheerin us all up just a tiiiiny bit...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:27 pm

I don't know what that was but you can suck my fucking cock otpt
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My half assed attempt at cheerin us all up just a tiiiiny bit... Empty Re: My half assed attempt at cheerin us all up just a tiiiiny bit...

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Next time go full assed
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't know what that was but you can suck my fucking cock otpt

i will skullfuck you travis
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't know what that was but you can suck my fucking cock otpt

i will skullfuck you travis

Let's argue in the thread that I drunkenly made exclusively for arguing with you. Love love.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:54 pm

You have went downhill as a poster. Probably not related to getting a job or anything like that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:09 pm

that's not very nice of you turtleneck. you really mean that?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:that's not very nice of you turtleneck. you really mean that?

No. But you should quit your job anyway.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:that's not very nice of you turtleneck. you really mean that?

:)

I thought about it after MSU lost today. I had the 2nd half on gamecast and I took a walk right after the game. I was kinda miserable turtleneck. I think I am way too invested in these games but then again, when we win, it's pretty neat too.

But go Notre dame, amirite? -3.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:14 pm

#GoNotreDame #SkullFuckMichigan

God it hurt to write the 1st 1/2 of that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I thought about it after MSU lost today. I had the 2nd half on gamecast and I took a walk right after the game. I was kinda miserable turtleneck. I think I am way too invested in these games but then again, when we win, it's pretty neat too.

Secret otpt? You can't tell duffy. I don't want it to be misunderstood and I lose my Spartan card...

After awhile you realize that sometimes this shit happens and it sucks but there really is always next year. We'll be fine. I'm not fretting as hard as some might be
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:18 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I do not care about any of the remaining games. Well, these stupid Syracuse assholes that are everywhere around me all the time, 24/7 nonstop syracuse even though they have a pop warner team for a football program, can fuck off. I hope they lose to MTSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:00 pm

I want to vent a little bit for a minute.

This day started off shitty. So shitty that it actually creeped into my mind that the way the day was going, it would be par for the course for MSU to lose.

9 AM internal conf call about a project, and it's going ok when my right arm drops the bomb on us, she's put in her 2 weeks. It is her job to understand everything that's happening. It is my job to make sure we deliver. I have no idea how the fuck this is gonna go but it's gonna get ugly because there's not enough room in my brain for all the shit I do and all the shit she does. Plus we get along really well and I'm sure they'll bring in some dipshit asshole to take her place who will make my life difficult.

Then...next call. On with a client and two of my devs. One of them is experienced in the field but quite new to us. Yeah, he just decided on his own to move changes to a LIVE FUCKING CLIENT SITE from their test site. No prompting, no one internal telling him, no one on the client side telling him. He just thought he would do it. So we (me and other dev) discover this on the client call as he's sharing his screen with the client.

Awesome. Fuck today.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:04 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I want to vent a little bit for a minute.

This day started off shitty. So shitty that it actually creeped into my mind that the way the day was going, it would be par for the course for MSU to lose.

9 AM internal conf call about a project, and it's going ok when my right arm drops the bomb on us, she's put in her 2 weeks. It is her job to understand everything that's happening. It is my job to make sure we deliver. I have no idea how the fuck this is gonna go but it's gonna get ugly because there's not enough room in my brain for all the shit I do and all the shit she does. Plus we get along really well and I'm sure they'll bring in some dipshit asshole to take her place who will make my life difficult.

Then...next call. On with a client and two of my devs. One of them is experienced in the field but quite new to us. Yeah, he just decided on his own to move changes to a LIVE FUCKING CLIENT SITE from their test site. No prompting, no one internal telling him, no one on the client side telling him. He just thought he would do it. So we (me and other dev) discover this on the client call as he's sharing his screen with the client.

Awesome. Fuck today.

What did you have for lunch?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:07 pm

burrito bowl from Salsarita's, extra meat.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Awesome. Fuck today.

that sucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Awesome. Fuck today.

You guys want me to fill that open spot on your team? I'm not really looking for a job. But I'm a whore for money.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Awesome. Fuck today.

You guys want me to fill that open spot on your team? I'm not really looking for a job. But I'm a whore for money.

There's no way you could do it. As I have worked with this person more and more the more I have gotten to appreciate her. I don't have the patience. You don't have the patience. She slows everything down and asks the questions that need to be asked until everyone understands everything. It drives me up the fucking wall but at the same time I realize how necessary it is. This is a huge loss and is going to make my life immensely more difficult.

And I will answer because you are cretins. No, I am not attracted to her.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:26 pm

I don't know if you're attracted to her or what, but you clearly want her to sit on your lap and watch Beauty and the Beast with you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:burrito bowl from Salsarita's, extra meat.

Hope it was good cause you had one fucked up day. Don't blame the girl. She's doing what's best for her, but the guy who went cowboy on you guys is kind of s dick.

Wish the game was better.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:32 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

There's no way you could do it. As I have worked with this person more and more the more I have gotten to appreciate her. I don't have the patience. You don't have the patience. She slows everything down and asks the questions that need to be asked until everyone understands everything. It drives me up the fucking wall but at the same time I realize how necessary it is. This is a huge loss and is going to make my life immensely more difficult.

With all those questions she asks how does anyone have time for the swill?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:33 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't have the patience??? You know what? Fuck you. Fuck your lap. Fuck your company. And fuck your stupid face.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:35 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't have the patience??? You know what? Fuck you. Fuck your lap. Fuck your company. And fuck your stupid face.

With that attitude maybe you should be the project manager.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:burrito bowl from Salsarita's, extra meat.

Hope it was good cause you had one fucked up day. Don't blame the girl. She's doing what's best for her, but the guy who went cowboy on you guys is kind of s dick.

Nah, I don't blame her at all.

I'm drunk, full confessional. I didn't understand how stressful and difficult this stage of life is/was. She's in a similar spot and it's why she's leaving. She feels like she's failing at work and at being a mom/wife. I totally get it. Guys are able to compartmentalize a bit better than women, I think - for the most part.

Having multiple kids, two careers and a healthy marriage is fucking hard as fuck. And in today's day and age who has a one income family? Marriages are dropping like flies with friends in similar situations.

Thanks guys you have me fully over the loss today.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:37 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

With all those questions she asks how does anyone have time for the swill?

I don't. I'm sure no one has noticed. But it's usually like 10 PM or later. When I try to come on during the day all I see is a bunch of blocked douchebags trying to out attention one another.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:42 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nah, I don't blame her at all.

I'm drunk, full confessional. I didn't understand how stressful and difficult this stage of life is/was. She's in a similar spot and it's why she's leaving. She feels like she's failing at work and at being a mom/wife. I totally get it. Guys are able to compartmentalize a bit better than women, I think - for the most part.

Having multiple kids, two careers and a healthy marriage is fucking hard as fuck. And in today's day and age who has a one income family? Marriages are dropping like flies with friends in similar situations.

Thanks guys you have me fully over the loss today.

You need me to fuck her to destroy her marriage and help you get over her leaving you?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:44 pm

I like to joke around on the internet but I try to act grown up sometimes and not say disrespektful things. So no, let's just leave it there.

I want to get drunk enough tonight that ordering Hungry Howie's seems appealing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:45 pm

Hey guys, I got the Galaxy S7 edge today. Sweet phone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:49 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I like to joke around on the internet but I try to act grown up sometimes and not say disrespektful things. So no, let's just leave it there.

I want to get drunk enough tonight that ordering Hungry Howie's seems appealing.

I dig it. I usually try not to talk about work myself, that's the way I avoid jokes.

That said, this mother fucker I spent the last 6+ months training named Vishwajeet left his job this week. That cocksucker. All that work down the drain just to start over with some other douche that will take his place.

You know what, let's be disrespectful. Do me a favor white boy. Fly to india and fuck Vishwajeet
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:50 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hey guys, I got the Galaxy S7 edge today. Sweet phone.

Upgraded to marshmallow on my note 3... It's kick ass
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:56 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I like to joke around on the internet but I try to act grown up sometimes and not say disrespektful things. So no, let's

I dig it. I usually try not to talk about work myself, that's the way I avoid jokes.

That said, this mother fucker I spent the last 6+ months training named Vishwajeet left his job this week. That cocksucker. All that work down the drain just to start over with some other douche that will take his place.

You know what, let's be disrespectful. Do me a favor white boy. Fly to india and fuck Vishwajeet

I think I told you this before. Maybe in the Billy Madison thread. I worked with and managed teams of people in India. My last company was owned by two folks who were Indian and we had 200+ employees in Chennai.

I don't ever want to go back to that. Great people. But no.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:56 pm

I have an iPhone 6s I think it kind of sucks. Apple phones have gone down hill.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:57 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hey guys, I got the Galaxy S7 edge today. Sweet phone.

Upgraded to marshmallow on my note 3... It's kick ass

I'll probably still try to put a ROM on it because I'm stupid.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:57 pm

When I answer my phone in my car then hang up it doesn't go back to the radio. It goes to my fucking I cloud music. Took it to apple it's an iOS problem. The apple geeks tell me no fix.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:58 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I think I told you this before. Maybe in the Billy Madison thread. I worked with and managed teams of people in India. My last company was owned by two folks who were Indian and we had 200+ employees in Chennai.

Lately I'm finding that the worker bees are generally great people. The managers are giant douchebags who only care about getting as much of my American money as they can.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:00 am

DWags wrote:When I answer my phone in my car then hang up it doesn't go back to the radio. It goes to my fucking I cloud music. Took it to apple it's an iOS problem. The apple geeks tell me no fix.

Yep lot of small little glitches. On the train when I'm listening to music some times my music library disappears. iTunes screen goes completely white. Also the phone wants you to put everything on the cloud which I'm not into.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:00 am

In my experience, the folks I worked with were all awesome people. From a work standpoint, they were just pre-programmed robots and unable to apply any sort of common sense to their workstreams if it contradicted standard process.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:02 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

What's the work culture like in an Indian company?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:03 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:In my experience, the folks I worked with were all awesome people. From a work standpoint, they were just pre-programmed robots and unable to apply any sort of common sense to their workstreams if it contradicted standard process.

We're the specifically smart and not generally smart?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:05 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:In my experience, the folks I worked with were all awesome people. From a work standpoint, they were just pre-programmed robots and unable to apply any sort of common sense to their workstreams if it contradicted standard process.

Oh preprogrammed robots is a given. Problem I have is that that is impossible given the job I'm trying to get them to do. They always want black and white. My answer is usually "it's a grey area. Be an analyst and figure it out."

They don't like that much. One or two of them can handle it. I'm in charge of about 16.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next