Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..

+11
The_Dude
InTenSity
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
DWags
xsanguine
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..  Empty Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 7:35

Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..  Empty Re: Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..

Post by NigelUno Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 7:46

Kind of ridiculous that he lost his job for saying something that offended someone.

Was there a vote?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..  Empty Re: Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:01

NigelUno wrote:Kind of ridiculous that he lost his job for saying something that offended someone.

Was there a vote?
maybe certain posters at the message board were offended and put forth a motion for him to be banned.. I mean, that's the way things work in our "I'm a sensitive cupcake culture", right?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:02

Freedom of speech is a funny thing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Freedom of speech is a funny thing.
yep.  I mean, the dude has his right to say whatever he wants and to express himself accordingly. And ESPN has the same right. And we have the right not to watch ESPN because of it.

I don't get why people are so upset. But that's me. I'm not real bright.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:12

I was taking their word for it but curiosity got the best of me.

Is this really what gets you fired?

“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:13

xsanguine wrote:I was taking their word for it but curiosity got the best of me.

“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”
I don't know.. I just know he got fired.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:19

he recently spoke at Hillsdale College.. at a podium that proclaims "Pursuing Truth, Defending Liberty".. so that leads me to believe that he's supports ESPN's right to freedom of expression.

Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..  -815af8f60dc8032f
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:22

xsanguine wrote:I was taking their word for it but curiosity got the best of me.

He's said some stupid shit over the years. This one seems pretty tame. Must be a straw that broke the camel's back sort of a deal.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:29

Why don't we just force buildings to have three bathrooms, Male, Female, Transgender.  

Or would that cause some kind of protest too?

Also, can somebody explain to me exactly what the big protest is.  I"m as open minded as anyone about any issue if I'm educated on it.  

Do Guys with the penis feel they don't want to use a urinal because they're really female?  I only ask that because it's sooooo much easier to just whip it out and pee.  I've been at so many rock concerts where females barge into the male restroom becuase the female line is long.  

Do Females with their vagina want to go into the male bathroom and sit down?   I only ask that because what's the big deal, just walk in and shut the stall door and take a squat.    

Help an old guy out who likes the fact that male bathrooms at games and concerts go so much faster than female bathrooms.

Finally, portajohns.  What the fuck are we gonna do about them?

Last edited by DWags on Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:30; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:29

Just don't have an opinion that isn't approved by the National PC Movement of America (C).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:30

I assumed it was something like...."Fuck those trannies... They shouldn't be allowed to use any bathroom, the freaks!" Or something like that.

He said boys have penises and girls have vaginas.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:31

DWags wrote:Why don't we just force buildings to have three bathrooms, Male, Female, Transgender.  

Also, can somebody explain to me exactly what the big protest is.  I"m as open minded as anyone about any issue if I'm educated on it.  

Do Guys with the penis feel they don't want to use a urinal because they're really female?  I only ask that because it's sooooo much easier to just whip it out and pee.  I've been at so many rock concerts where females barge into the male restroom becuase the female line is long.  

Do Females with their vagina want to go into the male bathroom and sit down?   I only ask that because what's the big deal, just walk in and shut the stall door and take a squat.    

Help an old guy out who likes the fact that male bathrooms at games and concerts go so much faster than female bathrooms.

That is just the vehicle, Dwags. It's not about that... It's about finding something to get offended about and climbing a soapbox to scream from to affect other people's lives.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

He's said some stupid shit over the years. This one seems pretty tame. Must be a straw that broke the camel's back sort of a deal.

A straw? That seems more like a **** hair.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:32

C unt hair.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:33

DWags wrote:Why don't we just force buildings to have three bathrooms, Male, Female, Transgender.  

I don't get why people are so upset... my wife, daughter (sorry For bin) and I have shared the same bathrooms in our house for years.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:33

xsanguine wrote:C unt hair.
you seem upset.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you seem upset.

I'm upset they censored me, BOB!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:37

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you seem upset.

I'm upset they censored me, BOB!
Curt Schilling Lost His Job With ESPN..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:39

xsanguine wrote:

That is just the vehicle, Dwags. It's not about that... It's about finding something to get offended about and climbing a soapbox to scream from to affect other people's lives.

See, I'm not trying to be an ass about this. I really think this is much ado about nothing.

Transgender people feel they have the right to go into the bathroom of the sex that they mentally are, not physically are. Correct?

O.K., am I missing something? If I hafve a penis, but I don't want to urinate in a urinal because I feel like I'm a female, I need the right to go into a female restroom with less places to go to the bathroom and it will take me longer. However, my feelings wont be hurt inside because at least I got to suffer with the long female line at the rock concert. However, once I get in there, I go into a private stall, close the door and either sit down or face the toilet and pee, then zip it up and walk out.

The fuck am I missing here. Why is this a big deal, and does schilling think that a guy who is transgender is going to go into the stalls and creep on the other girls junk? Even if a female opens doors in a female restroom and creeps on other womens junk will be arrested. Again, what am I missing?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:42

xsanguine wrote:Just don't have an opinion that isn't approved by the National PC Movement of America (C).

He has his right to free speech. We also have the right to say to ESPN and MLB advertisers dispose of schilling or we take our business elsewhere.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over an asshole like Schilling losing his job.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:44

You can say fucking sloppy ass ball slapping ass pounding, but you can't say ****?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Freedom of speech is a funny thing.
The problem with freedom of speech is that too many users don't understand that it's optional.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:48

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

See, I'm not trying to be an ass about this. I really think this is much ado about nothing.

Transgender people feel they have the right to go into the bathroom of the sex that they mentally are, not physically are. Correct?

O.K., am I missing something? If I hafve a penis, but I don't want to urinate in a urinal because I feel like I'm a female, I need the right to go into a female restroom with less places to go to the bathroom and it will take me longer. However, my feelings wont be hurt inside because at least I got to suffer with the long female line at the rock concert. However, once I get in there, I go into a private stall, close the door and either sit down or face the toilet and pee, then zip it up and walk out.

The fuck am I missing here. Why is this a big deal, and does schilling think that a guy who is transgender is going to go into the stalls and creep on the other girls junk? Even if a female opens doors in a female restroom and creeps on other womens junk will be arrested. Again, what am I missing?

Only in the south and parts of the midwest are people so strict about gender bathrooms. I can't tell you how many times I've been to a coffee shop/bar/or whatever and seen a woman come out of a mens room.

Was just driving back from Massachusetts the last weekend, stopped at the road stop. There was a long line for womens room and women were coming into the mens room to do their business in the presence of other men. The horror!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:48

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

It's a non-issue. I don't care. Use whatever bathroom you'd like.

But I'm trying my best to get offended on behalf of other people and I'm unable to find the angle here to get offended over.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:49

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

it's just another chapter in the long line of American history of people finding things to be upset about.. see Curt Schilling.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Kind of ridiculous that he lost his job for saying something that offended someone.

Was there a vote?
maybe certain posters at the message board were offended and put forth a motion for him to be banned.. I mean, that's the way things work in our "I'm a sensitive cupcake culture", right?

So, there was a vote?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:51

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

Only in the south and parts of the midwest are people so strict about gender bathrooms. I can't tell you how many times I've been to a coffee shop/bar/or whatever and seen a woman come out of a mens room.

Was just driving back from Massachusetts the last weekend, stopped at the road stop. There was a long line for womens room and women were coming into the mens room to do their business in the presence of other men. The horror!
agree - how many times to you go to a store, coffee shop, etc where the sign on the door just says "restroom"..? With all the things going on in the world, it's mind-boggling that this would be the kind of thing people are upset about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:51

steveschneider wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Just don't have an opinion that isn't approved by the National PC Movement of America (C).

He has his right to free speech. We also have the right to say to ESPN and MLB advertisers dispose of schilling or we take our business elsewhere.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over an asshole like Schilling losing his job.

I'm not disagreeing that. I just don't think every time someone exercises the right (from both sides) that I have to be like... Oh, sweet! That's awesome!

You can find offense in anything. So maybe this is what people want... A very sanitized, no opinions allowed to be shared society.

I figured he said something mean.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:52

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe certain posters at the message board were offended and put forth a motion for him to be banned.. I mean, that's the way things work in our "I'm a sensitive cupcake culture", right?

So, there was a vote?
I'm sensitive and feel as though my safe space has been invaded. So.. Vote here to ban bob sak
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:53

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

It's a non-issue. I don't care. Use whatever bathroom you'd like.

But I'm trying my best to get offended on behalf of other people and I'm unable to find the angle here to get offended over.
Curt Schilling seemed pretty offended..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:54

You seem kind of sensitive about this.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:55

I didn't feel like Bob Costas should have been fired for his rant about guns.

I think it's annoying, but I don't believe I need to take revenge on behalf of others and getting him fired... As if that's going to change his opinion or something.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:57

xsanguine wrote:

This whole case to me feels like the right wingers are the "PC" ones this time. I use quotes because political correctness is a stupid made up term for shit people don't like being debated. Yes, some of the shit being brought up is coming from overly sensitive nancies, a majority of it in my opinion. But these people deserve to be heard just as much as anyone else.

Are people really in danger here? Have there been a rash of trans-gender people raping women in public bathrooms? Or are people just not comfortable with peeing in the same room with an icky trans-gender person? Maybe there needs to be a third uni-sex bathroom put in place. Seems dumb to me, but if it'll calm everyone down maybe that's what it'll come to.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:59

I am offended that I started a thread on this last night, and it is now gone.

Was there a vote?

Last edited by NigelUno on Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 9:00; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 8:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

This whole case to me feels like the right wingers are the "PC" ones this time. I use quotes because political correctness is a stupid made up term for shit people don't like being debated. Yes, some of the shit being brought up is coming from overly sensitive nancies, a majority of it in my opinion. But these people deserve to be heard just as much as anyone else.

Are people really in danger here? Have there been a rash of trans-gender people raping women in public bathrooms? Or are people just not comfortable with peeing in the same room with an icky trans-gender person? Maybe there needs to be a third uni-sex bathroom put in place. Seems dumb to me, but if it'll calm everyone down maybe that's what it'll come to.
the right is the biggest offender when it comes to their whining and the PC police. Look at the picture of Schilling above - he's standing behind a podium promoting "liberty" and then whines where people use their right to free speech to disavow his rants.

I think most Republicans want the "male" restrooms and "female" restrooms to be kept separate so they have a target-rich environment for their homosexual encounters..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 9:00

He'll get a job with Fox in no time.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 9:01

They do have the right to disavow his rants. They can comment or say they disagree or whatever.

What they're going is getting a mob together and demanding that he be fired from a job because he has a different opinion than them.

How is he being "PC"? He literally said something and then was fired because other people disagreed with it. I'm not following the logic there, Pylon.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 9:10

I'm guessing this was one-half last straw and one-half preemptive strike.
With Schilling's social media track record ESPN probably wasn't too happy to see him up to his old tricks and they were probably none too eager to read his thoughts on Harriet Tubman bouncing Andrew Jackson from the twenty dollar bill.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 9:21

Well, we are our brothers keeper, so this whole thing seems worthwhile for 0.3% of the people. Schilling is an asshole for making a big deal of it, we're assholes for being upset about his horrible use of a cartoon.

We all suck, and we're not thinking about the 0.3%.

Best estimate is this is all about 0.3 % of the people in our country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next