Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schilling...

+2
Rocinante
Herbie Green
6 posters

Go down

Schilling... Empty Schilling...

Post by Herbie Green Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:36

Did he start playing at an older age? I thought I read that and/or that he seemed raw and still learning the game. It is amazing how much he has progressed. Very intelligent play and use of his athleticism. He has held up what was one of the biggest questions marks going into the season. I tip my cap to you Gavin Schilling
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Schilling... Empty Re: Schilling...

Post by Rocinante Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:42

I don't get this joke and it's funnier because of that. Please don't ever tell me what this is about.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:47

Rocinante wrote:I don't get this joke and it's funnier because of that. Please don't ever tell me what this is about.

Arrr?

There is some tired joke that was floating around the other board long ago about time zones or something but I think Herbie's post is serious. And I totally agree. Kid is becoming a physical presence in the lane for us, which we desperately need.

I liked Costello's game a lot in HS, but he seems a bit soft for B1G league play. They compliment each other well, though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:56

http://www.gavin-schilling.com/mobile/index.php
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:57

He's got a nice website.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:33

Costello has some ability but is an enigma. Schilling was playing those ball screens like a vet and hustling. Dude is a plus player - at least the last couple of games and if you extrapolate that improvement as a trend he is going to be a great player.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Arrr?

There is some tired joke that was floating around the other board long ago about time zones or something but I think Herbie's post is serious. And I totally agree. Kid is becoming a physical presence in the lane for us, which we desperately need.

I liked Costello's game a lot in HS, but he seems a bit soft for B1G league play. They compliment each other well, though.

No. It is not a time zone thing. Although the time zone thing makes him late for stuff a lot. Or is he really early for something else? I don't know. But people are mad because of his comments about Nevada Prep in Findlay, Ohio.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:07

Dude was phenomenal today. He's turned into a monster on defense. Now if Dawson will start dominating inside on offense we'll be in good shape long term.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Arrr?

Htf did you study Costello s hs game? Its clear to me he just out talled everyone else. Minimal effort and ability
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 18:58

Blanch32 wrote:

Htf did you study Costello s hs game? Its clear to me he just out talled everyone else. Minimal effort and ability

You don't know the SVL if you think you thrive there by being tall.

Beyond that I doubt many people get ranked the 87th player in their HS class by "out talling" people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 19:37

Edit.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content