Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss

+8
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
The_Dude
12 posters

Go down

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss Empty 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss

Post by The_Dude 2016-05-18, 10:59

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/17/us/cleveland-mississippi-school-desegregation/

(CNN)Living on the "other side of the tracks" isn't just a cheap idiom in Cleveland, Mississippi.

Court documents show that 62 years after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled school segregation unconstitutional, the schools in this west Mississippi town of 12,000 are still divided, black and white -- and the abandoned Illinois Central Railroad tracks that run through town serve as the line of demarcation.
"Half of Cleveland's schools -- the schools on the east side of the railroad tracks -- are all black or virtually all black. The majority of the schools on the west side of the railroad tracks, including Cleveland High School, Margaret Green Junior High School, and Parks Elementary School, enroll a student body that is at least 20% more white than the student population," read a Friday federal court opinion ordering the integration of the district's schools.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss Empty Re: 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss

Post by InTenSity 2016-05-18, 11:06

So surprising you would post something like this. Very uncharacteristic.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss Empty Re: 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 11:15

we were doing fine until y'all went elected that colored boy from Kenya..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-05-18, 11:21

It's called "white flight" read about it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-18, 11:22

Rocinante wrote:It's called "white flight" read about it.

I think The Dude is more into being told what to think rather than reading something on his own. Admittedly, it is a much easier way to get information. Pretty rational strategy on his part.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-05-18, 11:24

Sounds good. Will the sports teams be racially balanced as well?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-05-18, 11:30

Can someone explain the difference between segregation and being forced to constantly redraw your district lines to racially balance a school system.

JFC. Just let people live where they want and send their kids to the corresponding school.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-05-18, 11:35

Isn't this the same story in basically all major cities in Michigan?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-05-18, 11:39

kingstonlake wrote:Can someone explain the difference between segregation and being forced to constantly redraw your district lines to racially balance a school system.

JFC. Just let people live where they want and send their kids to the corresponding school.

The far left social engineers would like to have a word with you 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 4168935571
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-05-18, 11:42

GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO FUCKING STUPID!

The "social engineering" is accomplished through the emigration of the people who can afford it (the whites).

Are you really this dumb?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-05-18, 11:43

Rocinante wrote:GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO FUCKING STUPID!

The "social engineering" is accomplished through the emigration of the people who can afford it (the whites).

I'm not roc. :)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-05-18, 11:44

I know OTPT. You're the best.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-18, 11:46

I like how some private schools in the South like to integrate their schools...by giving scholarships to black students. I guess it could be considered social engineering.

A lot of them are really good at basketball too.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 11:48

kingstonlake wrote:Can someone explain the difference between segregation and being forced to constantly redraw your district lines to racially balance a school system.

but what if my child is forced to be near a black person?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 11:49

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-05-18, 11:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 3003718628

Are you saying I'm using that word incorrectly?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 11:52

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 3003718628

no.. I'm an idiot. Use whatever word you want in whatever manner you want to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-05-18, 11:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Here's a word for you bob.

Douchecanoe.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-05-18, 11:57

Rocinante wrote:It's called "white flight" read about it.

Leave Kyle Ahrens out of this.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 11:59

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:no.. I'm an idiot. Use whatever word you want in whatever manner you want to.

Here's a word for you bob.

Douchecanoe.
dude, I graduated from MSU.. you're going to have to stop using such complex words.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-05-18, 12:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

emigration – immigration – migration
1. 'emigrate', 'emigration', 'emigrant'
If you emigrate, you leave your own country and go to live permanently in another country.
He received permission to emigrate to Canada.
He had emigrated from Germany in the early 1920's.
People who emigrate are called emigrants. The act of emigrating is called emigration. However, these words are less frequent than immigrant and immigration.
2. 'immigrate', 'immigration', 'immigrant'
If you immigrate to a country, you go to live in that country permanently.
They immigrated to Israel.
However, it is more common to say that someone emigrates from a country than to say that someone immigrates to a country.
People that leave their own country to live in another country are called immigrants.

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 2Q==
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 12:10

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:no.. I'm an idiot. Use whatever word you want in whatever manner you want to.
If you emigrate, you leave your own country and go to live permanently in another country.
People who emigrate are called emigrants. The act of emigrating is called emigration. However, these words are less frequent than immigrant and immigration.
However, it is more common to say that someone emigrates from a country than to say that someone immigrates to a country.
People that leave their own country to live in another country are called immigrants.

thanks man.. like I said, I'm an idiot. You should know that by now.

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-05-18, 12:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

thanks man.. like I said, I'm an idiot. You should know that by now.

60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 3493939353

Honestly, after reading that definition and explanation, I can't even figure out the difference in the words.

Guess I'll join the idiot club also. 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 2743283739 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 969504605
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-05-18, 12:13

Jesus Bob, see what you started? A fucking semantics discussion.

emigrate can be used to discuss groups leaving areas en masse within a country. It may be less common, but it's acceptable.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-05-18, 12:15

emigrate
/ˈɛmɪˌɡreɪt/
verb
(intransitive) to leave one place or country, esp one's native country, in order to settle in another Compare immigrate
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 12:25

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thanks man.. like I said, I'm an idiot. You should know that by now.

Honestly, after reading that definition and explanation, I can't even figure out the difference in the words.

Guess I'll join the idiot club also. 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 2743283739 60 years later we are still trying to desegregate schools in Ole Miss 969504605
if we weren't idiots, we wouldn't be here.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-18, 12:26

Rocinante wrote:Jesus Bob, see what you started? A fucking semantics discussion.

emigrate can be used to discuss groups leaving areas en masse within a country. It may be less common, but it's acceptable.

dude, I can't help it if I captivate the imagination of my fellow posters..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-05-18, 13:39

I am about to emigrate to Canada if the immigrants keep ruining Merica.

That's correct, correct?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-05-18, 23:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I am about to emigrate to Canada if the immigrants keep ruining Merica.

That's correct, correct?

Sounds proper but what the fuck do I know?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-19, 07:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I am about to emigrate to Canada if the immigrants keep ruining Merica.

That's correct, correct?
I just wanna go where brown people don't make me feel nervous.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-21, 14:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That's correct, correct?
I just wanna go where brown people don't make me feel nervous.

I'd recommend buying a house in East Lansing, then, Bob.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-05-23, 11:00

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I just wanna go where brown people don't make me feel nervous.

I'd recommend buying a house in East Lansing, then, Bob.
I have brown people one one side of me and another collection of brown people across the street.

worst thing of all, they're professors at MSU. Who the heck wants brown people to be educated? Next thing you know, they'll start thinkin' they can run for president.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down