Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next?

4 posters

Go down

Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? Empty Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-16, 08:09

seems like big, tough Donald - a Freedom Fighter who can take on ISIS - can't handle sniveling little nerds in the US media.. Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 502811600 - so which outlet will he ban next?

Trump Campaign Revokes Press Credentials
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? Empty Re: Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next?

Post by DWags 2016-06-16, 08:26

I don't even know what a media outlet is. So, really, who cares?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? Empty Re: Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-16, 08:27

DWags wrote:I don't even know what a media outlet is. So, really, who cares?
that's the point.

he can't handle media outlets that people don't even know exist.. yet he can take on ISIS. Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 502811600

#Trump2016

#MakeAmericaWhiteAgain
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 09:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:I don't even know what a media outlet is. So, really, who cares?
that's the point.

he can't handle media outlets that people don't even know exist.. yet he can take on ISIS. Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 502811600

#Trump2016

#MakeAmericaWhiteAgain

Can't handle them? He banished them. Seems like your narrative is in conflict with the facts.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-16, 09:26

What's a media outlet? I'm not worried.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-16, 09:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that's the point.

#Trump2016

#MakeAmericaWhiteAgain

Can't handle them? He banished them. Seems like your narrative is in conflict with the facts.

so Donald Trump - the Freedom Fighter - banishes an entity 'cause he doesn't like their approach to free speech and freedom of the press?

look out ISIS!! Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 1966794946 Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-16, 09:33

DWags wrote:What's a media outlet? I'm not worried.
they're brown.. they're scary.. and they're coming for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-16, 09:43

Bump. This is huge news i'm thinking to some people. Who that might be, I have no idea, but I'm thinking it's really big news to somebody somewhere. But if the news outlets are banned, can it be big news? Anyway, I'm betting this will outrage somebody. I hope they won't be too upset.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-16, 10:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
so Donald Trump - the Freedom Fighter - banishes an entity 'cause he doesn't like their approach to free speech and freedom of the press?
look out ISIS!! Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 1966794946 Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 1966794946

Yeah, Obama's approach to ISIS was better - calling them the JV team and ignoring them.

And Trump didn't infringe their freedoms, they can print anything they want.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-16, 10:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so Donald Trump - the Freedom Fighter - banishes an entity 'cause he doesn't like their approach to free speech and freedom of the press?

Yeah, Obama's approach to ISIS was better - calling them the JV team and ignoring them.

And Trump didn't infringe their freedoms, they can print anything they want.

I only he would have listened to his Secretary of State at the time, right?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-19, 12:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:seems like big, tough Donald - a Freedom Fighter who can take on ISIS - can't handle sniveling little nerds in the US media.. Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 502811600   -  so which outlet will he ban next?

Somehow I doubt you were so outraged in 2008..............
Flashback: When Candidate Obama Booted 3 Papers From His Campaign Plane, Nobody Cared

The year was 2008. The candidate had a big lead in the polls going into election day. And in a preview of how petulant he would be act as Commander-in-Chief as it pertains to his treatment of the press, Barack Obama decided he didn’t like what three newspapers were writing about him, so he kicked its reporters off his campaign plane.

Sound familiar?

But instead of simply owning up to not agreeing with the way the Dallas Morning News, New York Post and Washington Times were doing their respective jobs, the president’s team played dumb in insulting everyone’s intelligence in claiming it was simply a matter of suddenly having a limited number of seats on said plane.

“Unfortunately, demand for seats on the plane during this final weekend has far exceeded supply, and because of logistical issues we made the decision not to add a second plane,” said Obama campaign senior adviser Anita Dunn.

Uh-huh. And you’ll never guess which publications somehow still made the seat cut:

Glamour, Jet and Ebony.

Chris Cillizza in 2016 on candidate Trump’s decision with the Post: “Barring reporters from public events because you disagree with what they write is a dangerous precedent.”

Chris Cillizza in 2008 regarding the same situation with candidate Obama: (Crickets)

Slate in 2016 on Trump’s decision: Trump’s Washington Post revocation “marks an unprecedented escalation in his war” against media.

Slate in 2008 regarding the same situation with candidate Obama: (Crickets)

Washington Post executive editor Marty Baron on candidate Trump’s decision with the Post: Trump’s decision is “nothing less than a repudiation of the role of a free and independent press.”

Baron in 2008 regarding the same situation with candidate Obama: (Crickets)

You get the idea…
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-19, 13:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:seems like big, tough Donald - a Freedom Fighter who can take on ISIS - can't handle sniveling little nerds in the US media.. Which Media Outlet Will Donald Trump Ban Next? 502811600   -  so which outlet will he ban next?

Flashback: When Candidate Obama Booted 3 Papers From His Campaign Plane, Nobody Cared

The year was 2008. The candidate had a big lead in the polls going into election day. And in a preview of how petulant he would be act as Commander-in-Chief as it pertains to his treatment of the press, Barack Obama decided he didn’t like what three newspapers were writing about him, so he kicked its reporters off his campaign plane.

Sound familiar?

But instead of simply owning up to not agreeing with the way the Dallas Morning News, New York Post and Washington Times were doing their respective jobs, the president’s team played dumb in insulting everyone’s intelligence in claiming it was simply a matter of suddenly having a limited number of seats on said plane.

“Unfortunately, demand for seats on the plane during this final weekend has far exceeded supply, and because of logistical issues we made the decision not to add a second plane,” said Obama campaign senior adviser Anita Dunn.

Uh-huh. And you’ll never guess which publications somehow still made the seat cut:

Glamour, Jet and Ebony.

Chris Cillizza in 2016 on candidate Trump’s decision with the Post: “Barring reporters from public events because you disagree with what they write is a dangerous precedent.”

Chris Cillizza in 2008 regarding the same situation with candidate Obama: (Crickets)

Slate in 2016 on Trump’s decision: Trump’s Washington Post revocation “marks an unprecedented escalation in his war” against media.

Slate in 2008 regarding the same situation with candidate Obama: (Crickets)

Washington Post executive editor Marty Baron on candidate Trump’s decision with the Post: Trump’s decision is “nothing less than a repudiation of the role of a free and independent press.”

Baron in 2008 regarding the same situation with candidate Obama: (Crickets)

You get the idea…

Telling three papers they have no room on the campaign plane a week before the election does not equal banning from all events four months before the election. 

Try harder.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-19, 14:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Telling three papers they have no room on the campaign plane a week before the election does not equal banning from all events four months before the election. 

Try harder.

This is what we always happens. I do it, too. Rather than see Trump for what he is - a wannabe dictator with no respect for individual beyond firearms - we play the "he did it, too" game. You're right. Giving some reporters the boot from a campaign plane is not the same as a blanket ban from all candidate events. In addition to the Post, another 5-6 media outlets have reported having problems gaining access to Trump events.

But Goose is also right. Obama should not get a free pass. Under his watch reporters were subpoenaed to reveal sources and kept out of press briefings. Trump is stepping up the expansion of executive power and immunity. Pulling press credentials entirely, threatening lawsuits, and calling for libel laws to be loosened so it is easier to sue the media moves forward what was started some time ago. This guy belongs in possession of executive power as much as Harbaugh belongs running a day care.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-19, 15:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Try harder.

So it was OK with you?   Not an outrage?   I wasn't outraged either, then or now.   Honestly I think the bannings get Trump worse coverage than he would be getting with the outlets there.   The difference is the other members of the press didn't play the "outrage" card then.

If he had 1/2 a brain Trump should have known this was coming.  It ALWAYS works this way.   John McCain was the "maverick" against the Republican establishment - until he finally won the nomination.  He quickly morphed into a cold hearted bastard.  

Romney was the centrist moderate - until he won the nomination.   Then he became the cold hearted bastard that cut off sick people's health insurance and only cared about $$.  Now that he's not the nominee Romney is back to being a Centrist voice of reason in the Republican Party.

And Trump - they fawned over him, gave him billions in free air time and now?  Well the free air time is drying up and he's morphing into a crooked son of a bitch.   This is the same playbook of every election the stupid SOB should have known it.   It only gets worse from here to Election Day - then all of a sudden they'll want him back on their shows as long as he's willing to slam the Republican Party that fucked him over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-19, 15:45

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Try harder.

So it was OK with you?   Not an outrage?   I wasn't outraged either, then or now.   Honestly I think the bannings get Trump worse coverage than he would be getting with the outlets there.   The difference is the other members of the press didn't play the "outrage" card then.

If he had 1/2 a brain Trump should have known this was coming.  It ALWAYS works this way.   John McCain was the "maverick" against the Republican establishment - until he finally won the nomination.  He quickly morphed into a cold hearted bastard.  

Romney was the centrist moderate - until he won the nomination.   Then he became the cold hearted bastard that cut off sick people's health insurance and only cared about $$.  Now that he's not the nominee Romney is back to being a Centrist voice of reason in the Republican Party.

And Trump - they fawned over him, gave him billions in free air time and now?  Well the free air time is drying up and he's morphing into a crooked son of a bitch.   This is the same playbook of every election the stupid SOB should have known it.   It only gets worse from here to Election Day - then all of a sudden they'll want him back on their shows as long as he's willing to slam the Republican Party that fucked him over.

My goodness. You believe whatever Breitbart and the others feed you. If they gave you a shit sandwich you would be here telling us how delicious it is.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-19, 16:07

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Try harder.

Goose, I don't get worked up about this shit anywhere near as much as you do. I was just pointing out that article is full of shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-19, 18:58

Turtleneck wrote:My goodness. You believe whatever Breitbart and the others feed you. If they gave you a shit sandwich you would be here telling us how delicious it is.

LOL....you must read Breitbart? I've not been there in months since they went full Trump and rarely visited before that, maybe once every couple weeks.

I'm sure you feel that you're never swayed by the media, only by your own carefully thought out conclusions. I love how I'm incapable of independent thought and observation. Thanks for the compliment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-19, 19:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Goose, I don't get worked up about this shit anywhere near as much as you do. I was just pointing out that article is full of shit.

I don't get nearly as worked up as you think, but I think the article pointed out the hypocrisy that occurs in every campaign when you compare the coverage of Ds vs Rs. I could take the time to provide 1000 examples but that would only require you dismissing them and telling me to calm down 1000 times. No sense in that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-20, 12:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:My goodness. You believe whatever Breitbart and the others feed you. If they gave you a shit sandwich you would be here telling us how delicious it is.

LOL....you must read Breitbart?   I've not been there in months since they went full Trump and rarely visited before that, maybe once every couple weeks.  

I'm sure you feel that you're never swayed by the media, only by your own carefully thought out conclusions. I love how I'm incapable of independent thought and observation.  Thanks for the compliment.

I did not say you were incapable of anything. You are reading a bit too much into my shit sandwich crack.

First, in the other thread where you and another poster were carrying on about media bias, I responded with several peer reviewed academic studies. The response? Just more links to conservative websites shockingly discovering liberal bias.

Second, what Trump is doing is not perfectly analogous to Obama. Yet, I see your point and actually expanded upon it in a reply.

Third, the candidates you discuss:

McCain
1) He was always portrayed as a maverick. Mavericks are not moderates. They are very different things.
2) In every campaign, candidates move to more partisan positions in the primary to win support from the base. After securing the nomination, they walk back closer to the center to win the swing voters and independents. However, there is a residual effect where you cannot completely shake the partisan shift. Plus comments like "bomb, bomb, Iran" did McCain no favors.
3) He picked Palin as his running mate. She does not know where the middle is and has never heard the word compromise. This did not reflect well on McCain.

Romney
1) Romney was a centrist. As governor, he put together a health care plan in Massachusetts that became a model for the ACA and designed a regional cap and trade program among a handful northeastern states. He then shifted away from all of that and became extremely critical of policy similar to what he oversaw as governor. In other words, point number 2 from above. He had a hard time walking back to the center because there was a huge contradiction between how he governed as an executive in the past and how he said he would govern as an executive in the future.

Trump
1) He was not fawned over. He received a lot of air time because he generated revenue for the media. Trump was an easy way to get eyeballs and clicks. And just like the two parties, nobody in the media took Trump seriously. So they likely saw no harm in giving him airtime or not being as critical as they should have been from the start.
2) Interestingly enough, Trump never shifted after the nomination. Point number 2 under McCain went out the window. He actually got worse and became even more extreme. Of course they became critical of him. He unexpectedly won the nomination and went off the rails. At the same time, I posted a link a while back that contained information from study done by a data analytics firm in Boston suggesting Clinton has received the most negative news coverage.

Finally, I am not giving anybody a pass. The media has their agenda. However, it is a little more complex than what you want to see.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down