Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"

3 posters

Go down

Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"  Empty Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 31, 2019 9:28 am

never heard of the guy.. but, apparently, he doesn't like people talking about politics.. so much so that he and a member of the mainstream media got together to write a song about how much they don't like people talking about politics.

Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"  2599972566

Fox News - John Rich, of Big & Rich, debuted his new song "Shut Up About Politics" during an appearance on "The Five" Thursday -- and it's already soared to the top of the charts.

Taking the stage in NYC, the 45-year-old country music star sang the light-hearted tune with the help of "The Five" co-hosts including, Greg Gutfeld, who co-wrote the single.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"  Empty Re: Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"

Post by steveschneider Fri May 31, 2019 10:08 am

Country music will never change, it's about simplicity and stupidity. Outside of Johnny Cash I hated it for years but finally got around to appreciating the old stuff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"  Empty Re: Country Music Singer Joins Mainstream Media Outlet to Write a Song Called "Shut Up About Politics"

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 31, 2019 10:14 am

steveschneider wrote:Country music will never change, it's about simplicity and stupidity. Outside of Johnny Cash I hated it for years but finally got around to appreciating the old stuff.
there's plenty of good, authentic country music out there.. old stuff, new stuff, etc.

but this guy in a cowboy hat and the mainstream media whining about people expressing their opinions doesn't fall into either of those categories.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri May 31, 2019 10:14 am

It should be called “stop asking questions”.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 31, 2019 10:16 am

Rocinante wrote:It should be called “stop asking questions”.
again, I've never heard of the guy...

but why do I suspect that he and his mainstream media friends are really just asking certain people to "shut up about politics".. ya, so as to not offend their delicate sensibilities?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri May 31, 2019 10:48 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Country music will never change, it's about simplicity and stupidity. Outside of Johnny Cash I hated it for years but finally got around to appreciating the old stuff.
there's plenty of good, authentic country music out there.. old stuff, new stuff, etc.

but this guy in a cowboy hat and the mainstream media whining about people expressing their opinions doesn't fall into either of those categories.

Yeah, I'm probably being over simplistic. To me country music is hearing something like Johnny Paycheck sing 'take this job and shove it...' and going wow that is so dumb but then it'll get stuck in my head to the point where next time I'm drunk I'm pulling it up and singing along.

Just the way his voice drops so low when he goes shove it is such a catchy hook.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri May 31, 2019 10:58 am

Ha Donna Brazille is singing along. I hate to say it Bob that sure sounds like a country song to me. I didn't hate it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm

steveschneider wrote:Ha Donna Brazille is singing along. I hate to say it Bob that sure sounds like a country song to me. I didn't hate it.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

If you would like some music recommendations, let me know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down