Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

+13
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
duffy munn
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
NigelUno
tanfan!
Floyd Robertson
DWags
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-09, 12:00

If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle

Post by DWags 2016-08-09, 12:22

The_Dude wrote:If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?

They're both great coaches.

YAFI
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-09, 12:23

The_Dude wrote:If Dantonio ever wins a a natty, and Izzo fails to win a second one, would he be considered a better coach?
the first one who man-on-man sex with me.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-09, 12:46

Yes. Bball is easier to win since it's so player dependant
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-09, 12:50

DWags wrote:

YAFI

Of course they are both legends. Not the question though.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-09, 12:50

Blanch32 wrote:

True. Villanova just won the natty.

Yes. Bball is easier to win since it's so player dependant
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-09, 12:52

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

YAFI

You really are that stupid. Answer was given.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-09, 13:00

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

So no?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-09, 13:06

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

So no?

YAFI.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-12, 10:44

A decade of Dantonio
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-12, 13:55

Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle  - Page 3 CprFYF-WAAAIH1g
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-12, 14:18

LooseGoose wrote:Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle  - Page 3 CprFYF-WAAAIH1g

Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle  - Page 3 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-28, 07:51

Might be the longest article that Albom has written in years.

Albom: Michigan State's Mark Dantonio rejects flash, builds on values

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-28, 09:10

LooseGoose wrote:Might be the longest article that Albom has written in years.

And he only mentioned Harbaugh 7 times !
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-28, 09:44

Good read. He truly is who he is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-28, 11:13

duffy munn wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Might be the longest article that Albom has written in years.

Your first comment about a Dantonio is in regards to Harbaugh.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-28, 11:30

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

What's yours?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-28, 11:51

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

What's yours?

No comment. Just read Albums article. Nothing needs to be said just thought I'd point out out Duffs obsession again.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-28, 12:01

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

What's yours?

No comment. Just read Albums article. Nothing needs to be said just thought I'd point out out Duffs obsession again.

I thought I'd point out yours. I wasn't asking you to comment. Just reflect.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-28, 13:29

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I've accepted the fact MSU will never have a tandem as good as Izzo and Dantonio in my lifetime. Just enjoying the ride.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-28, 13:56

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

I've accepted the fact UM will never have a tandem as good as Izzo and Dantonio in my lifetime. Just enjoying the ride.

FIFY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-28, 13:59

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

I've accepted the fact MSU will never have a tandem as good as Izzo and Dantonio in my lifetime. Just enjoying the ride.

But MSU does.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-28, 15:46

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

But MSU does.

Reading comprehension my man
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-28, 16:50

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I read the story and pretty much every MSU/Dantonio story for the last two years.

I challenge you do find ONE that doesn't mention Harbaugh.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-02, 09:49

Sharp: Mark Dantonio keeps Michigan State football charging forward
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-15, 21:30

Latest output of Swill Senior Columnist Graham Couch:

Couch: Careers of Dantonio, Kelly collided, took off 10 years ago
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-15, 21:33

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

But MSU does.

Did this moron go on strike too?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-15, 21:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Did this moron go on strike too?

Prolly banned by wbh or wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-09-15, 21:56

Dwags banned him for 2 weeks. I only ban people for being wailing vaginas.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-17, 11:31

Brett McMurphyVerified account ‏@McMurphyESPN
This week's ESPN coaches poll: who gets most out of his players? The Wizard Bill Snyder... http://es.pn/2cexB3w

Dantonio a man of substance in a division of sizzle  - Page 3 Csj5zDZUkAUVEkz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-23, 09:55

Couch: MSU has surpassed Wisconsin, but can still learn from Badgers

That doesn’t mean MSU should stop using Wisconsin as a long-term guide.

The Badgers are an example of a program that was built under one coach who did what many thought impossible and then sustained itself under his successors over the next decade. In that regard, they remain a model for the Spartans, who are still very much a one-coach program.

MSU football’s place among the college football elite is tied to Dantonio. It has become clear — last week at Notre Dame another reminder — that as long as he’s around, the Spartans will be in the conversation and chasing championships. There’s no sign Dantonio is retiring anytime soon. He’s 60 and in his 10th season. He might be around another five to seven years. More if he’s happy and healthy. But eventually MSU will have to find another football coach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-09-23, 11:03

LooseGoose wrote:Couch: MSU has surpassed Wisconsin, but can still learn from Badgers

The Badgers are an example of a program that was built under one coach who did what many thought impossible and then sustained itself under his successors over the next decade. In that regard, they remain a model for the Spartans, who are still very much a one-coach program.

MSU football’s place among the college football elite is tied to Dantonio. It has become clear — last week at Notre Dame another reminder — that as long as he’s around, the Spartans will be in the conversation and chasing championships. There’s no sign Dantonio is retiring anytime soon. He’s 60 and in his 10th season. He might be around another five to seven years. More if he’s happy and healthy. But eventually MSU will have to find another football coach.
Fucking hell Couch, what is the point of throwing in those backhanded jabs?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-26, 12:20

Mark Dantonio would be 'home run hire' for LSU, writer says

LSU is looking for its next head football coach after firing Les Miles on Sunday.

Could Mark Dantonio be on its list?

Let's be clear before getting into the meat of this: No, the Michigan State head coach is not rumored to be considering the job. No, we don't know for sure if LSU has him on its list. No, it's not at all likely Dantonio would pull a Nick Saban and leave the Spartans to coach the Tigers.

But as writers begin speculating on possible LSU targets, Dantonio is starting to appear on a few lists, including CBS Sports writer Tom Fornelli's. And why not? Dantonio has done a phenomenal job in East Lansing, winning three Big Ten championships, winning a Rose Bowl and reaching the College Football Playoff last year.

"OK, here's the theory," Fornelli opined. "Dantonio has been incredibly successful at Michigan State. What he's done there is nothing short of remarkable. But look around him right now. Dantonio, as good as he's been, is sharing a division with Urban Meyer's Ohio State juggernaut and a Michigan program that appears on the verge of becoming a real power again under Jim Harbaugh. Maybe now is the best time for Dantonio to move on. If you combine his ability as a coach with the recruits he can land at LSU, well, just think about what he could possibly do there. Nobody expects it to happen, but this would be a home run hire for LSU if it found a way to pull it off."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-26, 12:22

LooseGoose wrote:Couch: MSU has surpassed Wisconsin, but can still learn from Badgers

with pride coming before the fall and whatever, that seems like a pretty unfortunate title for an article given what happened Saturday.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-26, 12:23

LooseGoose wrote:Mark Dantonio would be 'home run hire' for LSU, writer says

LSU is looking for its next head football coach after firing Les Miles on Sunday.

Let's be clear before getting into the meat of this: No, the Michigan State head coach is not rumored to be considering the job. No, we don't know for sure if LSU has him on its list. No, it's not at all likely Dantonio would pull a Nick Saban and leave the Spartans to coach the Tigers.

But as writers begin speculating on possible LSU targets, Dantonio is starting to appear on a few lists, including CBS Sports writer Tom Fornelli's. And why not? Dantonio has done a phenomenal job in East Lansing, winning three Big Ten championships, winning a Rose Bowl and reaching the College Football Playoff last year.

"OK, here's the theory," Fornelli opined. "Dantonio has been incredibly successful at Michigan State. What he's done there is nothing short of remarkable. But look around him right now. Dantonio, as good as he's been, is sharing a division with Urban Meyer's Ohio State juggernaut and a Michigan program that appears on the verge of becoming a real power again under Jim Harbaugh. Maybe now is the best time for Dantonio to move on. If you combine his ability as a coach with the recruits he can land at LSU, well, just think about what he could possibly do there. Nobody expects it to happen, but this would be a home run hire for LSU if it found a way to pull it off."

Change Freep title to "LSU Hiring Mark Dantonio Would Be a Home Run for U of M".
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-26, 12:26

Writer is saying Dantonio would walk away from a challenge.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-26, 12:29

DWags wrote:

The whole thing is flawed anyway.  Let's see, doesn't want to compete against Meyer and Harbaugh but competing against Lord Saban, Malzahn, etc, would be so much easier.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-09-26, 13:38

DWags wrote:

Right, because coaching at a states second historically best program and in a division with 3 football blue bloods is not a 'challenge'. Rolling Eyes Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-26, 14:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

The whole thing is flawed anyway.  Let's see, doesn't want to compete against Meyer and Harbaugh but competing against Lord Saban, Malzahn, etc, would be so much easier.

Writer is reaching. Fuck em
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-26, 14:30

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Writer is reaching. Fuck em

Writer is searching for clicks, succeeded.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next