Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..

+2
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
6 posters

Go down

A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..  Empty A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-16, 14:06

Some believe that many of those who support Donald Trump do so because of ignorance — basically they are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed.

Hypersensitivity to Threat

Science has unequivocally shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening.

These brain responses are automatic, and not influenced by logic or reason. As long as Trump continues his fear mongering by constantly portraying Muslims and Mexican immigrants as imminent dangers, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch.

in a study with American students, scientists found that making mortality salient increased support for extreme military interventions by American forces that could kill thousands of civilians overseas. Interestingly, the effect was present only in conservatives, which can likely be attributed to their heightened fear response.

By constantly emphasizing existential threat, Trump creates a psychological condition that makes the brain respond positively rather than negatively to bigoted statements and divisive rhetoric.

Essentially, the loyalty of Trump supporters may in part be explained by America’s addiction with entertainment and reality TV. To some, it doesn’t matter what Trump actually says because he’s so amusing to watch.

A neuroscientist explains what might be wrong with Trump supporters' brains
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..  Empty Re: A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-16, 14:16

I'm not sure I even want to attempt to understand what is going on in the head of Trump supporters. But thankfully, others will. Scary place.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..  Empty Re: A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-16, 14:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm not sure I even want to attempt to understand what is going on in the head of Trump supporters. But thankfully, others will. Scary place.
the overarching point of the article is what we've known all along - Trump appeals to their fears, their paranoia, their hate and bigotry. And they're too invested in those personality attributes to even know they're being manipulated and taken advantage of.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-16, 19:07

Let's psycho analyze what the fuck is wrong with people that support Hilary.

I'm sure the liberal academics and media will get right on it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-16, 19:47

The_Dude wrote:Let's psycho analyze what the fuck is wrong with people that support Hilary.

What does deflection tell us, you guys?

Wait - fuck, I was the Psychology major. I'll be right back..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-16, 20:38

That's part of the reason for the rise of Trump - people can't just disagree. IF they disagree with the elitists then they must be stupid, uninformed, mentally ill, etc. There simply can't be honest disagreement. After years of being denigrated you get people voting for Trump as a big fuck you to people like Bob.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-16, 20:52

LooseGoose wrote:That's part of the reason for the rise of Trump - people can't just disagree. IF they disagree with the elitists then they must be stupid, uninformed, mentally ill, etc. There simply can't be honest disagreement. After years of being denigrated you get people voting for Trump as a big fuck you to people like Bob.

Thus proving how fucking stupid they are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-16, 22:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:That's part of the reason for the rise of Trump - people can't just disagree. IF they disagree with the elitists then they must be stupid, uninformed, mentally ill, etc. There simply can't be honest disagreement. After years of being denigrated you get people voting for Trump as a big fuck you to people like Bob.

Yeah, stupider than voting for a crooked bitch and her rapist husband. That vote is a sure sign of intelligence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-16, 22:11

LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah, stupider than voting for a crooked bitch and her rapist husband. That vote is a sure sign of intelligence.

I mean.... They had 18 other options previously goose.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-16, 22:35

LooseGoose wrote:

You sound angry again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-16, 23:09

I am.

I'm angry that the voters in this country left us with this choice.

They both suck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-16, 23:13

LooseGoose wrote:I am.

I'm angry that the voters in this country left us with this choice.

They both suck.

Do you see what I was saying then?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-17, 00:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Let's psycho analyze what the fuck is wrong with people that support Hilary.

Deflecting from what exactly? Liberal Ph.D. type who votes democratic every election telling me what's wrong with a Republican? You don't say...Just say you hate Rs and vote D everytime and save everyone time. Trump derangement syndrome is running rampant. Trump lives in your head. He's charges Bob rent.

I want to know what's wrong with Hilary supporters. You support someone who purposefully violated federal law and should be inducted? You support someone who has put Americas security at risk? You support someone who thinks laws don't apply to her? You support a proven, documented narcissistic corrupt liar? You support someone who's sold out actual American lives for personal gain? You support someone who is bought and paid for moreso than any candidate in history? You support someone who falsely blamed a YouTube video for an attack and then lied to the victims families for political party? You support someone who defended a rapist and laughed about it? You support someone who publicly shamed sexual assault victims from her husband? You support someone who's made a personal fortune through corrupt political dealings? You support someone who is a constant, pathological liar?

What the fuck is wrong with Hilary supporters?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-17, 00:25

Well half of those things are made up. So there's that part.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-17, 08:05

diggin' how the Dude and Goose - two resident republican Trump supporters - chime in with obscenity-laced, angry posts.. thus proving the researcher correct.

A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..  502811600 A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-17, 08:08

The_Dude wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Deflecting from what exactly? Liberal Ph.D. type who votes democratic every election telling me what's wrong with a Republican? You don't say...Just say you hate Rs and vote D everytime and save everyone time. Trump derangement syndrome is running rampant. Trump lives in your head. He's charges Bob rent.

I want to know what's wrong with Hilary supporters. You support someone who purposefully violated federal law and should be inducted? You support someone who has put Americas security at risk? You support someone who thinks laws don't apply to her? You support a proven, documented narcissistic corrupt liar? You support someone who's sold out actual American lives for personal gain? You support someone who is bought and paid for moreso than any candidate in history? You support someone who falsely blamed a YouTube video for an attack and then lied to the victims families for political party? You support someone who defended a rapist and laughed about it? You support someone who publicly shamed sexual assault victims from her husband? You support someone who's made a personal fortune through corrupt political dealings? You support someone who is a constant, pathological liar?

What the fuck is wrong with Hilary supporters?
I'm content with who I support.. therefore I don't exhibit rage, anger and paranoia, laced with obscenities, on an anonymous message board.

and the fact that your response proves the researcher's point is still lost on you. A Neuroscientist Explains Theories Regarding What Might Be Wrong With the Brains of Trump Supporters..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-17, 10:41

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down