Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens...

+19
Triple Sparty
xsanguine
kingstonlake
Rocinante
Turtleneck
NigelUno
tanfan!
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Death Roe
Herbie Green
The Pantry
y2kMgrad
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
duffy munn
CORNER BLITZ
DWags
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... Empty Older guys, with teens or who have had teens...

Post by DWags 2016-08-19, 20:15

The wife and I demand one week of the summer where it's just them and us. Nobody else. Jesus Joseph and Mary. Did you guys allow what my wife does? Vacations... Summer get always.., have to have a boyfriend or friend with them. Cottage, " I'll go dad but can Ethan come? Can Elise come? "Dad I'm going to Becka's cottage for three days with her family. ". Is it just my family or did all you guys go through that? Like I say, the wife says one week a summer is ours only, but since their early teens we've either had their friends or they've been gone every fucking summer day.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... Empty Re: Older guys, with teens or who have had teens...

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-08-19, 20:18

I was a teen once

For me, my parents most likely wouldn't have allowed gf to tag along
Older sister definitely wouldn't have been allowed a bf to join
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... Empty Re: Older guys, with teens or who have had teens...

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-19, 20:28

I had two boys. I went from hero to anti-Christ between the ages of 15 to 17 with both. I coached them both in basketball and baseball until high school. And I was harder on them than any other player on the teams. By far.

After coaching. they literally did not listen to a word I said but did listen to their mom. If she said this is what we are doing, it was done with no argument. Including family vacations Up North (sorry Bob).

Good news is we are now very good friends and they both turned into fine young men. I would like to think I had something to do with it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-19, 20:31

DWags wrote:The wife and I demand one week of the summer where it's just them and us. Nobody else. Jesus Joseph and Mary. Did you guys allow what my wife does? Vacations... Summer get always.., have to have a boyfriend or friend with them. Cottage, " I'll go dad but can Ethan come? Can Elise come? "Dad I'm going to Becka's cottage for three days with her family. ". Is it just my family or did all you guys go through that? Like I say, the wife says one week a summer is ours only, but since their early teens we've either had their friends or they've been gone every fucking summer day.

Yeah, I usually allowed/encouraged the friends. They were happier to be there plus you got to know a couple of their friends. I found it to be a positive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-08-19, 20:52

I was thinking I would have a good response for you since I was a teenage girl once. But I am clueless to your dilemma. We never once had a family vacation. Too broke to even go to the zoo. Unless you count visiting your dad on to military base blowing shit up. Sorry, I'm not helpful.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-19, 21:01

Our two were 8 years apart and when the oldest hit that 12-18 age there was travel ball.  After 5-6 weekends of all of us going to tournaments together with 10-12 other families we never got a request for a friend to join.  
We'd go to the UP for a week before the fall sport HS practices began.  A dozen years ago cell service was spotty.  Fish, canoe, play cards (gin and cribbage) and loaf.  For whatever reasons our kids liked the annual getaway from TV,  Internet, radio, newspapers and alarm clocks.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-08-19, 21:55

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:The wife and I demand one week of the summer where it's just them and us. Nobody else. Jesus Joseph and Mary. Did you guys allow what my wife does? Vacations... Summer get always.., have to have a boyfriend or friend with them. Cottage, " I'll go dad but can Ethan come? Can Elise come? "Dad I'm going to Becka's cottage for three days with her family. ". Is it just my family or did all you guys go through that? Like I say, the wife says one week a summer is ours only, but since their early teens we've either had their friends or they've been gone every fucking summer day.

Yeah, I usually allowed/encouraged the friends. They were happier to be there plus you got to know a couple of their friends. I found it to be a positive.

Friends would have been cool with my parents, just not the opposite sex
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-08-19, 21:57

Just tell Ethan to fuck off.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-19, 22:05

No cohabitation allowed under my roof unless they're both at least 25. IMO no one has a clue to much until around that age.

Had an episode with cruise-singer daughter 7-8 years ago. Already had my nice pop-up trailer for sale on craigslist when she begged to take it to The Pinery in Ontario, literally crying she wanted to spend a last trip in the trailer after the divorce. When I pointed out I trusted none of her friends to tow it there, she dug deeper and wanted me to make the four hour round trip to take it there, plus the four hour trip to retrieve it from over the border at the end of Memorial Day weekend. She literally followed me when I went for a walk in the subdivision to try to get away from her pleading.

Entire ordeal took about 5 hours for her to understand I was not giving in. She and her friends went tent camping that weekend, like it should be for anyone late teens, early 20's, and by later account had a great time without the trailer. She was pissed at me for a couple months but got over it.

Love them all but she's still my favorite of all four kids.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-19, 22:06

Damn, I swear I deleted my Facebook account but it keeps coming back
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-08-19, 22:21

Ethan can fuck off
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-20, 01:03

Ethan sounds like a dick
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-20, 01:03

I hate the name Ethan. Terrible.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-20, 01:11

"Lot of you guys suck at story-telling.

This place is still better than 247..."

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... Bjnlsj11
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-20, 02:17

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... Ohjke010
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-20, 10:06

Do I have this right, your HS daughter seriously asked if her bf can come on vacation with you?

....as for college aged daughter, I don't see the problem. I went on family vacations all the time with my unc gf and her parents. Thought it showed I was serious about their daughter and not just her 22 year old ass.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-20, 10:17

Blanch32 wrote:Do I have this right, your HS daughter seriously asked if her bf can come on vacation with you?

No you don't.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-20, 11:06

No fuckung cell phones on said trip either.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-08-20, 11:08

Ethan is a liar
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-20, 11:10

Blanch32 wrote:

I went on family vacations all the time with my unc gf and her parents. Thought it showed I was serious about their daughter and not just her 22 year old FAT ass.

Did her parents have a conversion van with a handicap lift to get her in and out of the van ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-20, 11:10

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Friends would have been cool with my parents, just not the opposite sex

I swear to god. I'm going to kick Ethan's ass.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-20, 11:11

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I went on family vacations all the time with my unc gf and her parents. Thought it showed I was serious about their daughter and not just her 22 year old FAT ass.

Did her parents have a conversion van with a handicap lift to get her in and out of the van ?

See now that's funny.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-20, 11:35

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-20, 11:37

Why does blanch have to make every thread about his fat girlfriend?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 11:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I hate the name Ethan. Terrible.

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... 502811600 I have always figured you are 6'1, 185lbs, and named Ethan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-20, 12:47

I mean, I wouldn't want them fucking loudly or anything, but what do you expect? Why do you want to spend time with insipid young persons anyway? They will be way more relatable when they are in their 40s
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 12:56

Rocinante wrote:I mean, I wouldn't want them fucking loudly or anything, but what do you expect? Why do you want to spend time with insipid young persons anyway? They will be way more relatable when they are in their 40s

Because he has a bro crush on Ethan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-08-20, 13:02

My 17 year old daughter wouldn't even ask.  But my ex wife is dumb enough to try.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-08-20, 15:21

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I hate the name Ethan. Terrible.

Older guys, with teens or who have had teens... 502811600 I have always figured you are 6'1, 185lbs, and named Ethan.

I picture more 165 and something like Aiden - although Ethan would work too
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 16:03

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I picture more 165 and something like Aiden - although Ethan would work too

Yeah, you're probably right. 165lbs seems more accurate. I would also toss out Drew and Kyle as possibilities. Aiden is a strong possibility.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-20, 16:07

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

lol
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-08-20, 16:20

Didn't OTPT post a picture once from Greece? His sister was 5'10" and he was like 5'6". I'm picturing Rob Schneider physique.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 16:48

Triple Sparty wrote:Didn't OTPT post a picture once from Greece? His sister was 5'10" and he was like 5'6". I'm picturing Rob Schneider physique.

She has nice knees.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-20, 22:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:Didn't OTPT post a picture once from Greece? His sister was 5'10" and he was like 5'6". I'm picturing Rob Schneider physique.

She has nice knees.

I jacked my dick raw to those knees.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-20, 22:28

I'm 6'1, 6'2, bros.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-20, 23:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm 6'1, 6'2, bros.

Does your height fluctuate ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-20, 23:17

duffy munn wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm 6'1, 6'2, bros.

Yeah, and if yours doesn't duff, go see a doctor for christ's sake.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-08-20, 23:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Pay no mind to short people OTPT
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-20, 23:24

Last time at doc they measured me at 6'1 so I'm claiming it going forward. Am I allowed to claim the height at the Doc with shoes on, but the weight at home, but ass nekkid, after taking a monster dump, not eating or drinking and sweating off about 3 lbs? Cuz that's what I do.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-20, 23:26

Nordic wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Pay no mind to short people OTPT

I hear the weather down there is quite miserable.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next