Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kap sitting for the National Anthem

+24
duffy munn
xsanguine
Snake Plissken
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
DWags
aualum06
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
StylesGShmooth
Cameron
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
The_Dude
P Rob
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
28 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kap sitting for the National Anthem Empty Kap sitting for the National Anthem

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 11:34

If you're the Coach, do you make him stand up?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Kap sitting for the National Anthem Empty Re: Kap sitting for the National Anthem

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 11:37

NigelUno wrote:If you're the Coach, do you make him stand up?
only if you're a coach who doesn't believe in freedom of speech, thought or expression.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Kap sitting for the National Anthem Empty Re: Kap sitting for the National Anthem

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-08-29, 11:39

Dickbag. Love what the NY Giants did in response -> http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/28/new-york-giants-send-clear-message-about-the-national-anthem-photo/

But no you can't make him stand up
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-29, 11:43

I love it when people blow their shit over something that affects their lives not at all.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 11:45

oh - and for the record - people are upset that a black guy won't stand for the national anthem but this white guy calls America a "hell hole" and is running for president:

Kap sitting for the National Anthem 160225212114-gop-debate-donald-trump-former-mexican-president-fox-build-wall-03-00004130-large-169

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 11:45

Rocinante wrote:I love it when people blow their shit over something that affects their lives not at all.
yeah - the guy plays football.. Kap sitting for the National Anthem 502811600 Kap sitting for the National Anthem 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 11:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:If you're the Coach, do you make him stand up?
only if you're a coach who doesn't believe in freedom of speech, thought or expression.

Like the US Women's Soccer Team?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-29, 12:01

Colin is certainly entitled to his opinion, but he seems to also be making up his own his own facts.
I think he should investigate the possibility of already suffering CTE, otherwise, he's just another idiot.
Sleep
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-29, 12:07

Yeah, like Roc, I don't really give a fuck. Gives something for talk radio and those mouth breathers to talk about.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-29, 12:14

Can I ask a question that's sort of related but not really? Good cause I'm gonna.

Why do we play the national anthem before sporting events anyway? I understand that your brain just went straight to "patriotism" or "honoring the country/troops" but why? We don't play it before any other forms of entertainment- concerts, shows, comedy, etc. they don't play it at congress before doing congress stuff. My boss doesn't play it before our meetings. Trump or Clinton don't play it before their speeches. It's just sports. If you step back and think about it in the context of comparing it to other forms of entertainment, its a pretty weird tradition.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-29, 12:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah, like Roc, I don't really give a fuck. Gives something for talk radio and those mouth breathers to talk about.

Like you and Bob are talking about it here?

Let him do what he wants, he's an attention whore doing what he does.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-29, 12:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Can I ask a question that's sort of related but not really? Good cause I'm gonna.

Why do we play the national anthem before sporting events anyway? I understand that your brain just went straight to "patriotism" or "honoring the country/troops" but why? We don't play it before any other forms of entertainment- concerts, shows, comedy, etc. they don't play it at congress before doing congress stuff. My boss doesn't play it before our meetings. Trump or Clinton don't play it before their speeches. It's just sports. If you step back and think about it in the context of comparing it to other forms of entertainment, its a pretty weird tradition.

For your reading pleasure (I haven't read the whole thing yet).

History of national anthem in sports

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-29, 12:19

Why do we sing the National Anthem at sporting events?

This says the roots go back to post-WWI, but really didn't take hold until after WWII.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-29, 12:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:Why do we sing the National Anthem at sporting events?

This says the roots go back to post-WWI, but really didn't take hold until after WWII.

That makes sense as far as the history of it... As a traditional thing I guess I get it. i wouldnt get too worked up if at some point it stopped though. I know there are a ton of people that probably would though, so whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-29, 12:29

I usually try to act like I'm still finding my seats, or finishing my beer.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-29, 12:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Why do we sing the National Anthem at sporting events?

That makes sense as far as the history of it... As a traditional thing I guess I get it. i wouldnt get too worked up if at some point it stopped though. I know there are a ton of people that probably would though, so whatever.

The upside is that we wouldn't have to watch assholes fuck it up anymore.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-08-29, 12:30

The simple answer is its George W. Bush's fault. Period.

P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 12:30

InTenSity wrote:I usually try to act like I'm still finding my seats, or finishing my beer.

That's a good cause.

The beer thing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-29, 12:32

InTenSity wrote:I usually try to act like I'm still finding my seats, or finishing my beer.

It really does disrupt the flow, doesn't it? Especially at msu games. People get all hyped up during pregame and all that, then it's time for everyone to shut up for 2 minutes and listen to a song silently. And most people, not all but most, aren't silently reflecting on the country. They're looking for their seats, drinking a beer, or trying not to vomit too early (lions games.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-29, 12:42

Gotta love minority athletes that make tens of millions of dollars playing a game talking about being oppressed. Razz
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-08-29, 12:44

The_Dude wrote:Gotta love minority athletes that make tens of millions of dollars playing a game talking about being oppressed. Razz

Go back to burning a cross, jackass. You don't know the struggle.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 12:45

P Rob wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Gotta love minority athletes that make tens of millions of dollars playing a game talking about being oppressed. Razz

Kap sitting for the National Anthem 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-29, 12:46

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah, like Roc, I don't really give a fuck. Gives something for talk radio and those mouth breathers to talk about.

Wait, wut?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-29, 12:54

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

The upside is that we wouldn't have to watch assholes fuck it up anymore.

I'm still not sure how someone thought that was a good idea.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-29, 12:54

I think he should sit down through the game too. Guy sucks on the field.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-29, 12:59

I say we send him and his Sharia girlfriend to Saudi Arabia!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 13:01

The_Dude wrote:Gotta love white real estate developers that make billions of dollars talking about being what it's like to be working class Razz

See how that works....

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-29, 13:02

P Rob wrote:

And neither does Kap which is why we are all laffing at him Kap sitting for the National Anthem 1966794946
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-29, 13:03

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Gotta love white real estate developers that make billions of dollars talking about being what it's like to be working class Razz

See how that works....

Let me guess, Hilary knows what its like to be middle class though huh? Making 250k for a half hour speech. Razz

See how easy that is?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 13:04

The_Dude wrote:
P Rob wrote:

And neither does Kap which is why we are all laffing at him Kap sitting for the National Anthem 1966794946

I wonder what his life was like before the NFL? Or was be born at age 22.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 13:06

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

See how that works....

Let me guess, Hilary knows what its like to be middle class though huh? Making 250k for a half hour speech. Razz

See how easy that is?

Immediate deflection to Hillary. Are red herrings your favorite food?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-08-29, 13:13

I find it amusing that anyone cares at all about this, and boy do some people care a whole lot.

Patriotism is weird, and people who get into dick measuring contests over who is more patriotic are bewildering.

Also, the star spangled banner is a shitty song and I'd be happy if I never heard it again.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 13:15

Cameron wrote:I find it amusing that anyone cares at all about this, and boy do some people care a whole lot.

Patriotism is weird, and people who get into dick measuring contests over who is more patriotic are bewildering.

Also, the star spangled banner is a shitty song and I'd be happy if I never heard it again.

This guy does not care.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:15

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:only if you're a coach who doesn't believe in freedom of speech, thought or expression.

Like the US Women's Soccer Team?
exactly.. they can say and do what they want.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-29, 13:16

Cameron wrote:I find it amusing that anyone cares at all about this, and boy do some people care a whole lot.

I'd be happy if you never heard it again either.............
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:16

LooseGoose wrote:

it's a welcome surprise to see you supporting free speech.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:18

Turtleneck wrote:

This guy does not care.

that guy looks like the kind of guy that would be wearing a football jersey..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-08-29, 13:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

it's a welcome surprise to see you supporting free speech.

YOUR MOM, BOB.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:21

P Rob wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's a welcome surprise to see you supporting free speech.

YOUR MOM, BOB.
thanks.. she died 4 years and 4 months ago.  No

(just kidding)

(well, not kidding, really - she really did die 4 years and 4 months ago)

(I was more or less kidding about pretending to be upset about your comment)

Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-08-29, 13:23

While I wouldn't do it his way, the flag means too much to too many people, I can't really argue with what he said. For the record, he never said that he was personally oppressed. I applaud him for actually putting himself out there like that for something he believes, will probably ruin his career. BTW, everything that is currently being said about Kap was also being said about Muhammad Ali back in the day.

StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next