Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kap sitting for the National Anthem

+24
duffy munn
xsanguine
Snake Plissken
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
DWags
aualum06
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
StylesGShmooth
Cameron
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
The_Dude
P Rob
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
28 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 Empty Re: Kap sitting for the National Anthem

Post by P Rob 2016-08-29, 13:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
P Rob wrote:

YOUR MOM, BOB.
thanks.. she died 4 years and 4 months ago.  No

(just kidding)

(well, not kidding, really - she really did die 4 years and 4 months ago)

(I was more or less kidding about pretending to be upset about your comment)

Wink

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 1401550746 Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 1401550746 Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 1401550746 Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 1401550746 Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 1401550746
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 Empty Re: Kap sitting for the National Anthem

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-08-29, 13:25

Patriotism on a whole is a weird concept to me, btw, I derive no pride from the geographic location of my mother at the time of my birth.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-08-29, 13:25

StylesGShmooth wrote:While I wouldn't do it his way, the flag means too much to too many people, I can't really argue with what he said. For the record, he never said that he was personally oppressed. I applaud him for actually putting himself out there like that for something he believes, will probably ruin his career. BTW, everything that is currently being said about Kap was also being said about Muhammad Ali back in the day.

Uh, his career was already ruined. He's just not that good.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:26

StylesGShmooth wrote:While I wouldn't do it his way, the flag means too much to too many people, I can't really argue with what he said. For the record, he never said that he was personally oppressed. I applaud him for actually putting himself out there like that for something he believes, will probably ruin his career. BTW, everything that is currently being said about Kap was also being said about Muhammad Ali back in the day.

this.

people are so easily offended.. well, they're not really offended.. they manufacture outrage. What Kaepernick said is a lot closer to the truth than what Trump says every day when he's being critical of a country that has been so great to him.

The difference is that Trump is white.

(or orange.. but sort of white).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 13:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

This guy does not care.

that guy looks like the kind of guy that would be wearing a football jersey..

I'm surprised he put down his triple Whopper with cheese long enough to make the video.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:27

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that guy looks like the kind of guy that would be wearing a football jersey..

I'm surprised he put down his triple Whopper with cheese long enough to make the video.
I think he left it in his meth lab.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-08-29, 13:27

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Cameron wrote:I find it amusing that anyone cares at all about this, and boy do some people care a whole lot.

Patriotism is weird, and people who get into dick measuring contests over who is more patriotic are bewildering.

Also, the star spangled banner is a shitty song and I'd be happy if I never heard it again.

I'd be happy if you never heard it again either.............
Thanks, guy, that's very supportive of you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-08-29, 13:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:While I wouldn't do it his way, the flag means too much to too many people, I can't really argue with what he said.  For the record, he never said that he was personally oppressed.  I applaud him for actually putting himself out there like that for something he believes, will probably ruin his career.  BTW, everything that is currently being said about Kap was also being said about Muhammad Ali back in the day.  

this.

people are so easily offended.. well, they're not really offended.. they manufacture outrage. What Kaepernick said is a lot closer to the truth than what Trump says every day when he's being critical of a country that has been so great to him.

TAKE YOUR PROPAGANDA ELSEWHERE, JOHNNY SAC.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 13:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

this.

You seem to be implying that no one is offended by Trump. I'm not sure that's the case.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-29, 13:27

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:I find it amusing that anyone cares at all about this, and boy do some people care a whole lot.

Patriotism is weird, and people who get into dick measuring contests over who is more patriotic are bewildering.

Also, the star spangled banner is a shitty song and I'd be happy if I never heard it again.

This guy does not care.

Kap should burn the American flag in response to this guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:29

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this.

You seem to be implying that no one is offended by Trump. I'm not sure that's the case.
I'm simply saying that, for the most part, a lot of the same people being critical of a black guy cheer for Trump when he says basicially the same thing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-08-29, 13:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

This guy does not care.

He's so light between the ears he'd probably end up like the retards outside the DNC a few weeks ago.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

This guy does not care.

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 502811600

that would be sweet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-08-29, 13:32

P Rob wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:While I wouldn't do it his way, the flag means too much to too many people, I can't really argue with what he said.  For the record, he never said that he was personally oppressed.  I applaud him for actually putting himself out there like that for something he believes, will probably ruin his career.  BTW, everything that is currently being said about Kap was also being said about Muhammad Ali back in the day.  

Uh, his career was already ruined.  He's just not that good.

True but now I don't think he'll get that opportunity to hang around those few extra years as the veteran backup Mark Brunell or Matt Hasselbeck style.  Matts Schaub or Cassell still in the league?

What happened to him, btw. He was pretty damn good that SuperBowl year, then poof. Wasn't like RG3 who broke his leg off and kept trying to come back too early.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 13:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think he left it in his meth lab.

Looks like he dropped some coin on some nice athletic shoes so he could train while eating Whoppers and cooking meth.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 13:33

StylesGShmooth wrote:
P Rob wrote:

Uh, his career was already ruined.  He's just not that good.

True but now I don't think he'll get that opportunity to hang around those few extra years as the veteran backup Mark Brunell or Matt Hasselbeck style.  Matts Schaub or Cassell still in the league?

What happened to him, btw. He was pretty damn good that SuperBowl year, then poof. Wasn't like RG3 who broke his leg off and kept trying to come back too early.

Harbaughed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-29, 13:33

Im sure Kap will be donating millions of dollars to help the cause man, ya know, THE CAUSE!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:35

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think he left it in his meth lab.

Looks like he dropped some coin on some nice athletic shoes so he could train while eating Whoppers and cooking meth.
he's an America-lovin' patriot, though.. so I he's got that going for him on his dating website.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-29, 13:36

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think he left it in his meth lab.

I hope he sprayed those beauties with scotchguard. They'll look shitty pretty quickly with ketchup stains on them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:45

this will upset the knuckle-draggers..

South Carolina School Bans American Flag From Football Games

TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – School officials’ decision to ban students from displaying the American Flag at a recent football game is creating controversy in a South Carolina school district.

I wonder how these people will pretend to care about their country now? Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-29, 13:45

StylesGShmooth wrote:Patriotism on a whole is a weird concept to me, btw, I derive no pride from the geographic location of my mother at the time of my birth.
Canadian, eh?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-29, 13:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Like you and Bob are talking about it here?

Let him do what he wants, he's an attention whore doing what he does.
it's a welcome surprise to see you supporting free speech.

I support free speech, I oppose repetitive assholery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 13:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's a welcome surprise to see you supporting free speech.

I support free speech, I oppose repetitive assholery.
Vote Here to Ban Bob Sak
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 14:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I'm simply saying that, for the most part, a lot of the same people being critical of a black guy cheer for Trump when he says basicially the same thing.

I'm not sure Kap and Trump are saying the same thing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-29, 14:12

This is very upsetting to me. I will now burn something I own to express my anger.  Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 1896033241
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 14:15

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm simply saying that, for the most part, a lot of the same people being critical of a black guy cheer for Trump when he says basicially the same thing.

I'm not sure Kap and Trump are saying the same thing.
True. Kapaernick is being honest.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-29, 14:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This is very upsetting to me. I will now burn something I own to express my anger.  Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 2 1896033241

I am going to loot. Kap sitting down for the National Anthem means I should help myself to some big screen TVs!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-29, 14:31

InTenSity wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Patriotism on a whole is a weird concept to me, btw, I derive no pride from the geographic location of my mother at the time of my birth.
Canadian, eh?

Styles was never going to be president, anyway. He's too smart for the office.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 14:33

9/11

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-08-29, 15:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:If you're the Coach, do you make him stand up?
only if you're a coach who doesn't believe in freedom of speech, thought or expression.

NFL doesn't give these guys freedom of expression. They get a fine for wearing the wrong socks.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 15:15

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:only if you're a coach who doesn't believe in freedom of speech, thought or expression.

NFL doesn't give these guys freedom of expression. They get a fine for wearing the wrong socks.
I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers as I burn my sock drawer to the misty-eyed patriotic strains of Lee Greenwood.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-29, 17:18

Chet Lemon Lou Whitaker. Never did.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-29, 17:28

DWags wrote:Chet Lemon Lou Whitaker. Never did.

Religious reasons so somewhat different and they didn't make a deal out of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-29, 17:35

I bet Kaepernick hangs out with that traitor Gabby Douglass, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 19:17

Honestly, this is all Harbaugh's fault.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-08-29, 19:27

I don't know man. He put himself in a difficult spot. One could make the argument that his protest in how a country oppresses people of color falls a little flat when his black father abandoned him and a white couple adopted him and afforded him everything he needed. And the fact that he's about 95% more likely to be killed by a black man than a cop. And the fact that he more than likely lives in a real nice neighborhood free of crime with some pretty tight security or police presence when needed. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to his protest. But he seems to have benefitted from a society that has made him quite the beneficiary of it's everyday rule of law.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-29, 19:31

And Harbaugh...

Jim Harbaugh: 'Don't respect' action of Colin Kaepernick's protest

"I acknowledge his right to do that. I don't respect the motivation or the action," said Harbaugh, who coached Kaepernick with the San Francisco 49ers.

(Later backed off that statement a bit)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-29, 20:46

Today I found that some of my customer and employees were much more wound up about it than I would have expected.

Often the level of outrage was inverse to the extent of their military service.

Go figure.

I'm a vet. I also think he understood what he was doing. Wouldn't be surprised if his agent is less than pleased.

Could be Kapernic looked around at the players on the 49er's, looked at at least one who retired due to CTE concerns and decided the millions he's made from the NFL and any endorsements are enough to retire from football.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-29, 20:57

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Chet Lemon Lou Whitaker. Never did.

I don't know what the difference is Loose. And did Kap make a deal of it or did the media. Back in the 80's the media was a bit more respectful I guess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-29, 21:09

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I don't know what the difference is Loose. And did Kap make a deal of it or did the media. Back in the 80's the media was a bit more respectful I guess.

I know it at least made game stories or something because I recall being aware of it.

Probably more related to how we treat each other. Supposedly today we have more respect for differences and a diversity of opinions, I don't believe it. At that time it wasn't a big deal, and no one was expected to get outraged over it. Today we're driven by media, social media, and our leaders to be outraged by anyone that disagrees with us.

We are expected consider them stupid, backward, crazy, bigots, racists, whatever hateful label that can be thrown at them. It's not acceptable to recognize that people can disagree without being disagreeable. It's made our discourse coarse and driven wedges all over our country and frankly it sucks. I'm not aiming at "right" or "left" here because both sides are guilty as hell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next