Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Experts, help me out here re: ND

+13
Nordic
tanfan!
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Clarett's Folly
NigelUno
DWags
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
SeeRockCity
GRR Spartan
CheesySpartan
Vlad
17 posters

Go down

Resident Experts, help me out here re: ND Empty Resident Experts, help me out here re: ND

Post by Vlad 9/4/2016, 11:16 am

The Irish will have played not one but two games since our Furman showcase. Advantage MSU or ND?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Resident Experts, help me out here re: ND Empty Re: Resident Experts, help me out here re: ND

Post by CheesySpartan 9/4/2016, 11:18 am

More tape for MSU
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Resident Experts, help me out here re: ND Empty Re: Resident Experts, help me out here re: ND

Post by GRR Spartan 9/4/2016, 11:19 am

Do you replace the line on your reels before each trolling season?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 9/4/2016, 11:19 am

ND
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 9/4/2016, 11:22 am

It depends upon how many more players on the ND team get arrested, of course then it depends upon how many of them get suspended.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 9/4/2016, 11:26 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Do you replace the line on your reels before each trolling season?

It's a legit question, GRR.

MSU will have more to look at than ND, but ND will have more opportunities to work through early season bugs and will have been tested more than MSU. I am not sure who has the advantage, but I tend to think ND since they will have more time on the field.

However, there is a rumor that MSU hid a new secret offense during the offseason, did not use it during the Furman game, and will unveil it against Notre Dame. The rumor is that it is a single wing offense.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 9/4/2016, 12:25 pm

If we win, advantage MSU. If we lose advantage ND.

Seriously, as an old pathetic high school coach, I always thought we made our biggest strides between the second and Third game. That's just my experience.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 9/4/2016, 12:28 pm

DWags wrote:If we win, advantage MSU. If we lose advantage ND.

Seriously, as an old pathetic high school coach, I always thought we made our biggest strides between the second and Third game.  That's just my experience.

Did you play for a D1 high school team? That is who we should be asking.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 9/4/2016, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 9/4/2016, 12:31 pm

I heard from this one guy that Hawaii had an advantage against Michigan because they had already played a game. But, that guy is kind of dumb.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 9/4/2016, 1:58 pm

I would rather be in ND's position for that game.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 9/4/2016, 2:01 pm

If this were a poll, I would vote I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 9/4/2016, 2:06 pm

Well I guess if a whole bunch of their players get hurt in game #2 then that's to our advantage.

Also, were wholly focused on nd right now. They're focused on Texas at the moment. Then they have to game plan for whomever it is they play next week, then they can finally turn their attention to us.

But, they'll have a lot more game experience. So, I don know.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 9/4/2016, 2:10 pm

I am going to that game, but after seeing the Furman game, I am not optimistic we can pull off the upset.  The predictable running game will get stuffed like usual and it will be up to OConnor to deliver on third and 7 most of the game. Let's hope he does.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 9/4/2016, 2:39 pm

Tanfan! wrote:I am going to that game, but after seeing the Furman game, I am not optimistic we can pull off the upset.  The predictable running game will get stuffed like usual and it will be up to OConnor to deliver on third and 7 most of the game. Let's hope he does.

I've never looked at his stats, but it seemed liked Connor Cook was money on third and long situations. The guy was clutch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 9/4/2016, 3:19 pm

Tanfan! wrote:I am going to that game, but after seeing the Furman game, I am not optimistic we can pull off the upset.  The predictable running game will get stuffed like usual and it will be up to OConnor to deliver on third and 7 most of the game. Let's hope he does.

You and I might be friends this season.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 9/4/2016, 4:49 pm

Thank you all. Looks like the prevailing answer is "IDK", with an honorable mention for "advantage ND."
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 9/4/2016, 4:51 pm

I would prefer to have two games under our belt instead of the bye.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 9/4/2016, 5:19 pm

Nordic wrote:I would prefer to have two games under our belt instead of the bye.

When was the last time Brady Hoke knew what was under his belt?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 9/4/2016, 5:26 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Nordic wrote:I would prefer to have two games under our belt instead of the bye.

A jelly donut
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 9/4/2016, 5:27 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

A jelly donut

All of his running plays at UM were named after donuts. His passing plays were named after cuts of meat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 9/4/2016, 5:57 pm

We can win at ND with an OSU 2015 gameplan IMO
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 9/4/2016, 6:35 pm

Yeah, the dumbass in charge of scheduling should be dragged out into the middle of the big hole and beaten to death with a leather helmet. Who the eff schedules a bye for the second week of the season? Apparently someone that has never seen a football game in their life. It wouldn't surprise me if the guy is 60 years old, still living in his mother's basement and depends on Meals on Wheels for sustenance and all the while using a dial up modem at 300 baud to connect with the real world..
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 9/5/2016, 7:50 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Yeah, the dumbass in charge of scheduling should be dragged out into the middle of the big hole and beaten to death with a leather helmet. Who the eff schedules a bye for the second week of the season? Apparently someone that has never seen a football game in their life. It wouldn't surprise me if the guy is 60 years old, still living in his mother's basement and depends on Meals on Wheels for sustenance and all the while using a dial up modem at 300 baud to connect with the real world..

Weren't we supposed to play Bama at home Week 2, until Saban pulled out? Then we had to go looking for a filler, and had to go with BYU in what had been our bye week.

That's what I thought, anyway.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 9/5/2016, 9:02 am

SpartanInNH wrote:

Weren't we supposed to play Bama at home Week 2, until Saban pulled out? Then we had to go looking for a filler, and had to go with BYU in what had been our bye week.

Yes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 9/5/2016, 12:23 pm

Did someone send Saban a thank you note?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 9/5/2016, 12:34 pm

Ty's not scared of Bama. Pussies.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/5/2016, 1:22 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ty's not scared of Bama. Pussies.

tTy's not afraid of anything, including Harambe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 9/5/2016, 1:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ty's not scared of Bama. Pussies.

tTy's not afraid of anything, including Harambe.

RIP Harambe
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 9/5/2016, 1:39 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tTy's not afraid of anything, except liver failure.

fixed
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 9/5/2016, 2:03 pm

SpartanInNH wrote:

Well we should at least flog him for not anticipating that Saban would pull out.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 9/5/2016, 10:58 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

A jelly donut

All of his running plays at UM were named after donuts. His passing plays were named after cuts of meat.

The Porkchop was almost always an INT.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down