Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID

+18
CampbellHall
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jethro Bodeen
SawGreen
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
SeeRockCity
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
MrMojoRisin
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 Empty Re: John Lewandowski out as MSU SID

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-22, 10:16

NigelUno wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Lewandowski is gone and nobody, I mean nobody's talking. His dismissal was almost stealth like.

if it was mis pronounced names or a logo he would have been gone a long time ago.

The whole 'Nike was pissed about a Rose Bowl float' story seems a little convoluted.

And would the SID even be in charge of (logo) stuff like that? That would seem to be more of a marketing/licensing thing.

I'd be a little surprised to find out that "responsible for parade floats" would be part of the SID's job description.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 Empty Re: John Lewandowski out as MSU SID

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 10:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The whole 'Nike was pissed about a Rose Bowl float' story seems a little convoluted.

And would the SID even be in charge of (logo) stuff like that? That would seem to be more of a marketing/licensing thing.

I'd be a little surprised to find out that "responsible for parade floats" would be part of the SID's job description.

It could be. I'm checking with ghost to be sure.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-22, 10:18

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd be a little surprised to find out that "responsible for parade floats" would be part of the SID's job description.

It could be. I'm checking with ghost to be sure.
he would know..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-22, 10:19

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd be a little surprised to find out that "responsible for parade floats" would be part of the SID's job description.
Nigel didn't even go to MSU so I'm not sure why he cares so much.
odd because I did go to MSU and I don't really care at all.

I suppose my apathy evens out Nigel's interest.. right?

(besides that, I'm pretty sure Nigel did go to MSU).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 10:23

gHost Spartan wrote:
Nigel didn't even go to MSU so I'm not sure why he cares so much.

Stick to Corey Feldman appreciation threads.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-22, 10:27

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Nigel didn't even go to MSU so I'm not sure why he cares so much.

hey.. don't knock Corey Feldman's artistic interpretation of songwriting and musicianship.. he's at least as good as anything else you'd find on the radio.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 10:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

hey.. don't knock Corey Feldman's artistic interpretation of songwriting and musicianship.. he's at least as good as anything else you'd find on the radio.

I doubt that song will ever be on the radio.

Corey still thinks his copycat MJ dance moves are going to propel him to stardom. ghost bought into it, which is kind of sad...I thought ghost had some small semblance of music knowledge.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 10:35

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Struck a nerve, huh? Where'd you go again, was it Oakland or Wayne State?

Yeah, ghost...you struck a nerve. John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 502811600

You wave the white flag and try to (weakly) troll me? John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 502811600

What's next? You going to steal some of blanch's material? Again?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-22, 10:38

Can't we all just get along
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-22, 10:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can't we all just get along
John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 10:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can't we all just get along

ghost started it.

I finished it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-09-22, 10:54

The internet is truly a safer place thanks to your policing, Nigel.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-22, 10:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The internet is truly a safer place thanks to your policing, Nigel.

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 502811600 Legit out loud laughter
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 10:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The internet is truly a safer place thanks to your policing, Nigel.

Kind of ironic, don't you think?

(And it was a joke. Sorry you can't see that.)

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-09-22, 10:59; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-22, 10:59

It's like rain on your wedding day.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 11:02

Death Roe wrote:It's like rain on your wedding day.

Yeah. Something like that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-09-22, 11:11

NigelUno wrote:

How do you know I didn't see it?

In fact, I think we should argue about whether I truly understood that you were joking or not in a few threads.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 11:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

How do you know I didn't see it?

In fact, I think we should argue about whether I truly understood that you were joking or not in a few threads.

How about we argue about whether you see the irony instead?

That was also a joke. Sort of.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-22, 11:14

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yeah, ghost...you struck a nerve.  John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 502811600

You wave the white flag and try to (weakly) troll me?  John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 4 502811600

What's next?  You going to steal some of blanch's material?  Again?  

But admit that you didn't attend Michigan State University and we'll be fine. You don't even have to admit that you went to either Oakland, Wayne State or what was it… Kalamazoo College or Albion?

Sorry.  I have to run all my responses by WBH now.  I'll get back to you later. Maybe. Not really sure.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-09-22, 11:32

Yes, SID would generally have oversight over bowl related projects such as a Rose Bowl float.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-22, 11:33

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

But admit that you didn't attend Michigan State University and we'll be fine. You don't even have to admit that you went to either Oakland, Wayne State or what was it… Kalamazoo College or Albion?

Sorry.  I have to run all my responses by WBH now.  I'll get back to you later. Maybe. Not really sure.

Well he definitely is your protection . what's the off board relationship? let me guess, your the kid brolo
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CampbellHall 2016-12-23, 14:42

As you guys can tell, I don’t post here much (hardly ever), so I’ll finish up what I said earlier this year about John Lewandowski

There’s always been grumblings about JL and how loose of a ship he ran. At best, and IMO and in the opinion of people at other schools I know, he was a C-/D+ player. But that’s not why he got fired.

Then I heard there was a different kind of trouble brewing, different and aside from his job performance, and I heard about it in the spring. Something big happened, and it became a personnel issue where the locks to the Athletic Communications offices had to be changed.

Then, curious from the persistent rumors I was hearing, in the very early summer, I went to the MSU Athletic department website and noticed Lewandowski was missing from both places he was placed on the site. This would be in early June, I think. So I knew something was up, and the rumors I’d heard were true.

At that point, I did a simple google search ‘john lewandowski fired’ and this obscure message board for college hockey appeared:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?115982-MSU-Spartans-Offseason/page2

The identical story I heard way earlier, from a completely different source, about the locks being changed in the Athletic Comm office was echoed on this message board and confirmed it for me. The news was out there, it was consistent, and coming from various sources, not just my own.

I don’t have further information or I’d spill it here. I did know about the retirement milestone thing (which just goes to show you even when we fire egregious underperformers for reasons other than their egregious underperformance we still golden parachute them out)

I haven’t dug into and pestered people who know the details of the scenario that got Lewandowski fired and locks to the offices changed in the Athletic Comm office. If anyone has further insight, I’d love to hear it.
CampbellHall
CampbellHall
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-23, 14:47

I hope it's not related to this Nassar thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-23, 14:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:I hope it's not related to this Nassar thing.

Please speculate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-23, 15:04

I have a hard time believing that there's anything an SID could do in the Nassar case to warrant a firing.
I don't know... maybe in the gymnastics and softball media packets he included a blurb that read "MSU athletes receive world class medical attention and care from resident othopedist Larry Nassar (who may or may not be diddling our female athletes)."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2016-12-23, 17:34

CampbellHall wrote:As you guys can tell, I don’t post here much (hardly ever), so I’ll finish up what I said earlier this year about John Lewandowski

There’s always been grumblings about JL and how loose of a ship he ran. At best, and IMO and in the opinion of people at other schools I know, he was a C-/D+ player. But that’s not why he got fired.

Then I heard there was a different kind of trouble brewing, different and aside from his job performance, and I heard about it in the spring. Something big happened, and it became a personnel issue where the locks to the Athletic Communications offices had to be changed.

Then, curious from the persistent rumors I was hearing, in the very early summer, I went to the MSU Athletic department website and noticed Lewandowski was missing from both places he was placed on the site. This would be in early June, I think. So I knew something was up, and the rumors I’d heard were true.

At that point, I did a simple google search ‘john lewandowski fired’ and this obscure message board for college hockey appeared:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?115982-MSU-Spartans-Offseason/page2

The identical story I heard way earlier, from a completely different source, about the locks being changed in the Athletic Comm office was echoed on this message board and confirmed it for me. The news was out there, it was consistent, and coming from various sources, not just my own.

I don’t have further information or I’d spill it here. I did know about the retirement milestone thing (which just goes to show you even when we fire egregious underperformers for reasons other than their egregious underperformance we still golden parachute them out)

I haven’t dug into and pestered people who know the details of the scenario that got Lewandowski fired and locks to the offices changed in the Athletic Comm office. If anyone has further insight, I’d love to hear it.

That is a cool forum!

I don't have much to offer, but I can say that I asked a media person once about the JL topic, and the answer was that some media members were debating if JL was a "public enough" figure to write stories about, unless it involved bringing shame on the university.

Changing locks sounds like an extreme measure for what may be an extreme offense, or it could just be an asshole being vindictive.

If there is smoke there isn't always a fire. But fuck it. There has been a lot of well founded smoke in recent years with Joseph and Lewandowski, and outright fire of its own kind with Nassar. I don't want to mention Anastos in the same breath because I genuinely believe he's a good guy (who can continue to be a good guy without being MSU's hockey coach).

Hollis road the gravy train of Izzo and Dantonio. It's time he makes changes in the name of the institution and pursuing excellence. His inaction on so many fronts virtually smells of hiding something... or he could just be a pussy.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CampbellHall 2017-02-10, 08:26

The timing of John Lewandowski "departure" from MSU seems to align with the timeline of Nassar accusations saying "an official from the Athletic Department" told students to remain silent/not talk to police and this Nassar thing starting to blow up. I'm not aware of any explanation (at all) why Lewandowski departed. And student-athletes communicating with third parties about a topic of this importance would likely fall under his purview.
CampbellHall
CampbellHall
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 08:51

CampbellHall wrote:

The timing of John Lewandowski "departure" from MSU seems to align with the timeline of Nassar accusations saying "an official from the Athletic Department" told students to remain silent/not talk to police and this Nassar thing starting to blow up. I'm not aware of any explanation (at all) why Lewandowski departed. And student-athletes communicating with third parties about a topic of this importance would likely fall under his purview.

its definitely fishy.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4