Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID

+18
CampbellHall
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jethro Bodeen
SawGreen
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
SeeRockCity
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
MrMojoRisin
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 Empty Re: John Lewandowski out as MSU SID

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:09 am

I have heard the same major points.
SID Lewandowski is gone.
Hollis waited at least days, maybe up to a few weeks so key dates for retirement were reached.
No one is saying if the reason(s) was an event or culmination of things.
Consensus seems to be it didn't end well. Typically Hollis has the ducks in a row and would already have made an an announcement regarding the incoming SID since it's a critical position.

Purely personal observation. The way Trevor Barnes took personal initiative to lock the Lewandowski thread on the RCMB tells me the "retirement"/dismissal is something Hollis (and maybe LAKS) want to keep in house and out of the spotlight.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 Empty Re: John Lewandowski out as MSU SID

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Purely personal observation. The way Trevor Barnes took personal initiative to lock the Lewandowski thread on the RCMB tells me the "retirement"/dismissal is something Hollis (and maybe LAKS) want to keep in house and out of the spotlight.

Yes, because people read that board. If we only had more locks here more people would read this board. Fucking lazy mods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:49 am

GRR Spartan wrote:I have heard the same major points.
SID Lewandowski is gone.
Hollis waited at least days, maybe up to a few weeks so key dates for retirement were reached.
Consensus seems to be it didn't end well. Typically Hollis has the ducks in a row and would already have made an an announcement regarding the incoming SID since it's a critical position.

Purely personal observation. The way Trevor Barnes took personal initiative to lock the Lewandowski thread on the RCMB tells me the "retirement"/dismissal is something Hollis (and maybe LAKS) want to keep in house and out of the spotlight.
who would've thought that place would place limits on free speech..

oh, and..

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 DSCN0094

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:25 pm

FYI Ken Hoffman, Lewandowski's predecessor was SID from 1987-Dec 1996 and left to work with Perles and others promoting the Motor City Bowl.

So Lewandowski was closing in on 20 years. It's possible between unused comp time/vacation time plus a buy back provision he could bump his pension to 20 years.

The position of Associate AD for Communication is s marked TBD. It's a curious situation.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:57 pm

It's incredibly bad timing, for sure. Right as fb gets going, and not far off are the winter sports. Someone in the SID's office is pulling double duty, unless they already were.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:21 pm

I'm sure we can find someone to direct Coach D to some TV and Radio reporters after the game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Also needs to be highly proficient in pronunciation keys.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Triple Sparty wrote:Also needs to be highly proficient in pronunciation keys.

And spellcheck. There've been so damn many spelling errors over the past 2-3 years. There was a graphic Goose posted last week that had an easy and obvious typo. I didn't have the heart to point it out because of how embarrassing it was. Sloppy work all around.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:35 pm

SID Lewandowski is gone.  
Consensus seems to be it didn't end well.  Typically Hollis has the ducks in a row and would already have made an an announcement regarding the incoming SID since it's a critical position.  

Purely personal observation.  The way Trevor Barnes took personal initiative to lock the Lewandowski thread on the RCMB tells me the "retirement"/dismissal is something Hollis (and maybe LAKS) want to keep in house and out of the spotlight.

I thought Trevor's lock was fascinating.  JL was not a 17 year old recruit.  And, the lack of general press on the termination is somewhat startling.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:02 pm

SawGreen wrote:
SID Lewandowski is gone.  
Consensus seems to be it didn't end well.  Typically Hollis has the ducks in a row and would already have made an an announcement regarding the incoming SID since it's a critical position.  

Purely personal observation.  The way Trevor Barnes took personal initiative to lock the Lewandowski thread on the RCMB tells me the "retirement"/dismissal is something Hollis (and maybe LAKS) want to keep in house and out of the spotlight.

I thought Trevor's lock was fascinating.  JL was not a 17 year old recruit.  And, the lack of general press on the termination is somewhat startling.

The reporters need ongoing access....sort of displays the power of the University.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:16 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

The reporters need ongoing access....sort of displays the power of the University.

Send in a GA reporter. Let them ruffle some feathers. start FOIAing records and files. Then they'll claim they can't comment on personnel matters, but they'll at least need to confirm whether or not JL is still employed. That's not violating policy and besides, Lew is/was employed by a public institution.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

I don't think reporters have had their access to any program limited.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Send in a GA reporter. Let them ruffle some feathers. start FOIAing records and files. Then they'll claim they can't comment on personnel matters, but they'll at least need to confirm whether or not JL is still employed. That's not violating policy and besides, Lew is/was employed by a public institution.

Get on it scoop! This is big news.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Hondo also looks to playing along.  Not a peep out of him either.

The department not running on all cylinders.  
They have the Associate AD / Communications marked TBA while they have his bio on the official MSU site as a blank page.

http://www.msuspartans.com/genrel/john_lewandowski_352083.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:45 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Nice opportunity for somebody from the State News to make the cut.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:48 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

No shit sherlock. Of course none of them have reported on this either. Thus my point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 pm

This is one of those times WTF might be the only thing the helots will ever be able to think about Lewandowski being seemingly vaporized weeks before football started.

The lack of coverage on this is stunning. Its like LAKS, Hollis, his staff and the MSU coaching staff have pulled favors from every reporter that covers MSU to keep a lid on this.

Some shit must have hit the fan for Lewandowski to fall off the map like a North Korean general and nobody has anything to say.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:This is one of those times WTF might be the only thing the helots will ever be able to think about Lewandowski being seemingly vaporized weeks before football started.

The lack of coverage on this is stunning.  Its like LAKS, Hollis, his staff and the MSU coaching staff have pulled favors from every reporter that covers MSU to keep a lid on this.

Some shit must have hit the fan for Lewandowski to fall off the map like a North Korean general and nobody has anything to say.

And beyond the local guys none of the National reporters that would all know him has peeped a word.   Tells me that Lewandowski isn't out there stirring shit about his ouster.

His son is still listed on the FB roster, so nothing explosive there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Wait, he still has a bio so why does anyone think he's gone??
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Is this even a big deal??
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

No shit sherlock. Of course none of them have reported on this either. Thus my point.

Let's say hypothetically that he just retired. Would you expect a bunch of articles?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is this even a big deal??

I think it's a slow day on the Swill.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:23 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:This is one of those times WTF might be the only thing the helots will ever be able to think about Lewandowski being seemingly vaporized weeks before football started.

The lack of coverage on this is stunning.  Its like LAKS, Hollis, his staff and the MSU coaching staff have pulled favors from every reporter that covers MSU to keep a lid on this.

And beyond the local guys none of the National reporters that would all know him has peeped a word.   Tells me that Lewandowski isn't out there stirring shit about his ouster.

His son is still listed on the FB roster, so nothing explosive there.

The "National reporters"? John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 502811600

Do you want an expose in the New York Times?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:53 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Let's say hypothetically that he just retired. Would you expect a bunch of articles?

Yes, after 20 years it would usually be a big deal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:57 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Yes, after 20 years it would usually be a big deal.

John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 502811600

A big deal?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:58 pm

It's a very relative statement Nigel.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:59 pm

NigelUno wrote:

The "National reporters"?  John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 502811600

No chucklehead.  By national reporters I meant the guys he would have dealt with over 20 years.  ESPN sports illustrated CBS etc etc. many of them drop a blurb out when long time SID people leave or retire.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:02 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The "National reporters"?  John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 502811600

No chucklehead.  By national reporters I meant the guys he would have dealt with over 20 years.  ESPN sports illustrated CBS etc etc. many of them drop a blurb out when long time SID people leave or retire.

So, do you want a "blurb" or a bunch of articles?

Where is the recognition for this man and the work he has done?!?!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Loose = the fat guy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:31 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So, do you want a "blurb" or a bunch of articles?

Where is the recognition for this man and the work he has done?!?!

Do you work at being a miserable prick or does it come naturally?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:30 am

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Get on it scoop! This is big news.

People who claim to have heard the rumblings are implying there was something akin to a straw that broke the camel's back. That's possibly newsworthy. That this is happening at the start of the school year means JL's departure doesn't pass the smell test.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:19 am

tGreenWay wrote:

People who claim to have heard the rumblings are implying there was something akin to a straw that broke the camel's back. That's possibly newsworthy. That this is happening at the start of the school year means JL's departure doesn't pass the smell test.

Are you suggesting that he left the building to a chorus of the walking toots?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:02 am

Any chance he's ill and all parties want to keep it quiet? John Lewandowski out as MSU SID - Page 2 2599972566
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Triple Sparty wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Are you suggesting that he left the building to a chorus of the walking toots?

I wasn't, but I like the way you think. We should all exit that way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CampbellHall Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:34 am

tGreenWay wrote:I know it's passé to recommend TOB, but Campbell Hall does an excellent job summing up Lew's professional shortcomings in that locked thread on tRCMB. It sounds like something happened recently that was the last straw, but his/her post is spot on and reflects the views of many of us out here in fanland. And as s/he said, um is leaps and bounds better than us at SID and sports marketing.

Thanks. I just joined to respond to this and have much more to add. But the moderator needs to let me post a link to an external source.
CampbellHall
CampbellHall
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:35 am

You need a certain number of posts to do that I think. It's a forumotion software thing. It's not moderator controlled though maybe SRC as board admin can override.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:36 am

CampbellHall wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I know it's passé to recommend TOB, but Campbell Hall does an excellent job summing up Lew's professional shortcomings in that locked thread on tRCMB. It sounds like something happened recently that was the last straw, but his/her post is spot on and reflects the views of many of us out here in fanland. And as s/he said, um is leaps and bounds better than us at SID and sports marketing.

Thanks. I just joined to respond to this and have much more to add. But the moderator needs to let me post a link to an external source.

Welcome to the swill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:37 am

CampbellHall wrote:

Post it and send the link to someone else to add to your post.

Welcome to the Swill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:39 am

CampbellHall wrote:

Welcome! Stick around, most of us are pretty normal people. Well as normal as a message board poster can be anyway.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:41 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
CampbellHall wrote:

Welcome! Stick around, most of us are pretty normal people. Well as normal as a message board poster can be anyway.

You forgot to mention that all the recruiting information is FREE.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next