Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina

+11
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Jethro Bodeen
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
TheReal_LWS
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Turtleneck
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina - Page 2 Empty Re: I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-13, 10:39

Turtleneck wrote:
The NCAA will move seven championship events this academic year from the state of North Carolina, including the first and second round of the 2017 NCAA men's basketball tournament, because of the state's controversial HB2 law.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/17533335/ncaa-pulls-7-championship-events-north-carolina

ADD seems to have overtaken a few posters.

The thread is about the NCAA removing events from North Carolina right?

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina - Page 2 Empty Re: I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-13, 10:54

LWS take your meds.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-13, 11:54

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:A strong belief in tolerance for differing viewpoints that were written into law is displayed with this move.

Fixed.

Kind of an important addition to your statement. The NCAA is not simply responding to viewpoints, but instead responding to viewpoints that are now backed by the power of the law. That is an important addition.

While I agree with the premises, this isn't true. Supreme Court has yet to extend rights to gender identify. Granted, it could easily be viewed as a disability
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-09-13, 11:57

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Narrowing the screed down a bit.  Where in the constitution are you finding the right to change your gender or to not even bother to change your gender but to simply claim that even you were born a man with a penis and testicles that now you're a female that should use the bathroom with little girls?

I'm kinda curious where Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, etc anticipated that and accounted for it.

The leftwing nuts in this country must constantly create new victims that must be catered to, regardless of whether or not it makes any common sense. Its the manner in which they try to keep their self-appointed moral high ground. Make-up a victim group, cook-up a bunch of exaggerated or outright phony injustice they face, then label the people that oppose special legislation as bigots, haters, racists etc. Then get a very liberal metropolitan area to pass crackpot and even illegal ( see "sanctuary cities) laws and dare anyone to oppose them with the threat of being called intollerant, hateful, racist, etc.

And now its clear- the NCAA has turned into a leftist  advocacy group and is clearly politicized to assist the Left turn this country even more into a chaotic cesspool of self-identified victims competing for money and favor from a tyranical government.

Im glad Im old. I'm glad I lived in an  America that was never perfect, but sane. All of you squishy uber-tolerance fucks that think you have all the answers can have the bedlam and tyranny you deserve for not having the common sense or the balls to stand up for common sense. You don't deserve the blessings of your parents and grandparents. And I can promise you that the people that take over in the next generation and maybe before will not afford the same "tolerance" to your candy-asses.

Mice drop
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-13, 11:59

Blanch32 wrote:
Mice drop

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina - Page 2 Mouseinhand032way_sq-19b3a47a3b9778b25dec0b9b0da572dd25b6003a-s900-c85
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-13, 12:07

Blanch32 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed.

Kind of an important addition to your statement. The NCAA is not simply responding to viewpoints, but instead responding to viewpoints that are now backed by the power of the law. That is an important addition.

While I agree with the premises, this isn't true. Supreme Court has yet to extend rights to gender identify. Granted, it could easily be viewed as a disability

Please do not make us criminally liable by posting here.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t11617-victim-statement-in-stanford-rape-trial?highlight=stanford
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-13, 12:09

Death Roe wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:
Mice drop

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina - Page 2 Mouseinhand032way_sq-19b3a47a3b9778b25dec0b9b0da572dd25b6003a-s900-c85
I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-09-13, 12:30

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
Im glad Im old.

Me too. Maybe you'll do the world a favor and die soon. One less scared old dipshit standing in the way of progress is good for everyone.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-09-14, 14:30

ACC is moving their championship games out of NC as well.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 14:34

Cameron wrote:
Jethro Bodeen wrote:
Im glad Im old.

Me too. Maybe you'll do the world a favor and die soon. One less scared old dipshit standing in the way of progress is good for everyone.

Careful now. Old guys don't like the fact that some old guys suck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-14, 15:00

North Carolina will change their law at sometime and may come quicker when people start calculating the financial losses from the loss of NCAA events plus the loss of ACC Championships.

Even quicker if a major employer or two pull 500 or more jobs out of the state.

Plus politics makes strange bedfellows. If Clinton carries NC in November it might get the legislature to soften the law thinking their seats might be vulnerable.

In 1948 Truman ended up winning MA because the state Republicans and GOP candidate Tom Dewey supported the state passing out information on contraception and Truman who favored changing health insurance sided with state Democrats who were often Catholcs. Roll forward almost 60 years and you could flip the political parties.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-14, 15:25

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina - Page 2 Aphh9Pa

Holy shit you guys. I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina - Page 2 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2