Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread

+17
kingstonlake
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
AnomanderRake
NigelUno
Death Roe
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cym Jim
GRR Spartan
xsanguine
P Rob
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread

Post by Guest 2016-11-07, 11:28

My final prediction -

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 8zz7X
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread

Post by Guest 2016-11-07, 11:30

GRR Spartan wrote:No Goose you are a person who favors some of what Trump does, specifically reducing the number of Supreme Court Justices because you may disagree who the next President may nominate.

Doesn't make you a bad person. Just means you have less faith in a system with 9 Justices that's worked since 1837 than I do and think you don't trust members of SCOTUS to arrive at decisions that keep this country going in its present form. There is nothing to stop any nominee for being the next Earl Warren who once on the court was hardly in lock step with those who worked For his appointment.

Not 1837
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-07, 12:59

LooseGoose wrote:My final prediction -

We are here for you.

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-14, 10:31

4 years later - Slate changes their mind.

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 CxLsarIXAAEJUeE

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 CxLsbj1XcAAvG4s
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-14, 11:18

That's cool goose cause it took the daily caller a month to change their minds.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/06/its-time-to-make-our-elections-truly-national/

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/03/in-defense-of-the-electoral-college/
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-14, 11:21

remember when Trump wanted to get rid of the electoral college?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-14, 11:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That's cool goose cause it took the daily caller a month to change their minds.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/06/its-time-to-make-our-elections-truly-national/

This is an interesting article I read this morning on the popular vote issue.....makes some sense though I'm not sure how true it is.

No Hillary Did Not Win the Popular Vote
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-14, 11:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That's cool goose cause it took the daily caller a month to change their minds.

This is an interesting article I read this morning on the popular vote issue.....makes some sense though I'm not sure how true it is.

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 502811600

You need to take a break.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-14, 12:00

LooseGoose wrote:

That's a ridiculous article actually. The "popular vote" is a thing and Hillary did win it. But it's as relevant as being #4 in the AP poll when the playoff committee picks #5 in that poll to be in the playoff. In other words, congratulations but it doesn't matter.

Anyway, I wasn't commenting on the electoral college itself. Just pointing out that you said that left wing blog thinks the electoral college is bad after previously thinking it's good, while ignoring that right wing blog thinks the electoral college was bad and now thinks it's good. I just think it's more fair to point out that both flip flopped as the issue in question supported their own side (of course they did.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-14, 12:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That's a ridiculous article actually. The "popular vote" is a thing and Hillary did win it. But it's as relevant as being #4 in the AP poll when the playoff committee picks #5 in that poll to be in the playoff. In other words, congratulations but it doesn't matter.

Anyway, I wasn't commenting on the electoral college itself. Just pointing out that you said that left wing blog thinks the electoral college is bad after previously thinking it's good, while ignoring that right wing blog thinks the electoral college was bad and now thinks it's good. I just think it's more fair to point out that both flip flopped as the issue in question supported their own side (of course they did.)
you mean that Goose isn't being intellectually honest?

I'm shocked by that accusation.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-14, 12:42

Death Roe wrote:Trump 538
Crooked Hillary 0

My prediction was better than some on here....tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-14, 12:43

People saying "Well Hillary won the popular vote" are the same idiots who screamed "Gore won the popular vote" in 2000.

Loser mentality.

You call out Trump for saying he might not accept the election results, yet when he actually wins, you are protesting them?! tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-14, 12:53

Death Roe wrote:People saying "Well Hillary won the popular vote" are the same idiots who screamed "Gore won the popular vote" in 2000.

Loser mentality.

You call out Trump for saying he might not accept the election results, yet when he actually wins, you are protesting them?! tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 502811600
I'm not one of these folks who whine about the electoral college vote.. because those are the rules.

However, your hero Donald Trump was whining about it in 2012.

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 Screen-shot-2016-11-10-at-9.57.16-AM

looking forward to somehow you arguing with what is, yet again, a fact.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-11-14, 13:29

I don't really care who won the popular vote in this election or any previous election because the campaigns operated under the electoral college system, completely altering voting data. However, I do have some thoughts about the system in general.

In the current format, we see the highest voter turnout % in battleground states because people know that their vote actually counts. If we got rid of the electoral college we would see significantly higher voter turnout, as republicans in blue states, or democrats in red states would be encouraged to vote, and their votes would actually matter. In my mind, more participation is a great thing for democracy, as well as all votes being treated/weighted equally.

The electoral college was an interesting idea, but its original purpose has been twisted by both Democrats and Republicans to serve their agendas. The fact is, the federalist papers clearly state that the electoral college was intended to serve as a mechanism or safeguard against the majority of citizens voting for someone that is unfit for the Presidency.

The founding fathers believed that the masses could not be trusted with a popular vote for President, partially due to their lack of education and also the difficulty of campaign logistics at the time. It was the duty of the electors to stay politically informed and engaged as to cast their votes in the best interests of their constituents, even if that meant going against their respective state's majority.

The irony of all of this of course, is that the electoral college is now being used as a mechanism to install one of the most incompetent, unfit Presidential candidates we've ever had, instead of serve its original purpose which was to prevent the likes of Trump from ever stepping foot in The White House.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-14, 13:33

AnomanderRake wrote:I don't really care who won the popular vote in this election or any previous election because the campaigns operated under the electoral college system, completely altering voting data. However, I do have some thoughts about the system in general.

In the current format, we see the highest voter turnout % in battleground states because people know that their vote actually counts. If we got rid of the electoral college we would see significantly higher voter turnout, as republicans in blue states, or democrats in red states would be encouraged to vote, and their votes would actually matter. In my mind, more participation is a great thing for democracy, as well as all votes being treated/weighted equally.

The electoral college was an interesting idea, but its original purpose has been twisted by both Democrats and Republicans to serve their agendas. The fact is, the federalist papers clearly state that the electoral college was intended to serve as a mechanism or safeguard against the majority of citizens voting for someone that is unfit for the Presidency.

The founding fathers believed that the masses could not be trusted with a popular vote for President, partially due to their lack of education and also the difficulty of campaign logistics at the time. It was the duty of the electors to stay politically informed and engaged as to cast their votes in the best interests of their constituents, even if that meant going against their respective state's majority.

The irony of all of this of course, is that the electoral college is now being used as a mechanism to install one of the most incompetent, unfit Presidential candidates we've ever had, instead of serve its original purpose which was to prevent the likes of Trump from ever stepping foot in The White House.

+1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-14, 13:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:People saying "Well Hillary won the popular vote" are the same idiots who screamed "Gore won the popular vote" in 2000.

Loser mentality.

I'm not one of these folks who whine about the electoral college vote.. because those are the rules.

tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 Screen-shot-2016-11-10-at-9.57.16-AM

To be fair...Trump also said he was going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-14, 13:51

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not one of these folks who whine about the electoral college vote.. because those are the rules.

To be fair...Trump also said he was going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it.
he also admitted to sexually assaulting women..

but Hillary mismanaged an email account.. so, yeah. tOfficial Electoral College Predictions Thread - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-14, 13:52

AnomanderRake wrote:I don't really care who won the popular vote in this election or any previous election because the campaigns operated under the electoral college system, completely altering voting data. However, I do have some thoughts about the system in general.

this is all true.

And we also need to do something about the mainstream media.. even if it's just to encourage our fellow Americans to ignore it. Which is what I do.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-19, 22:14

A dive into the voting patterns - what will happen in the future?

How Trump Did (and Didn't) Reshape the Electoral Map
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-20, 00:22

One of the best post mortem articles I came across was from former Newsweek columnist Jonathon Alter listing 7 or 8 reasons Clinton lost and one was likability. Many in the Clinton camp couldn't (maybe still can't) believe that her public life experience and education would not help her likability.

Alter brought up a story I had heard years ago at a business meeting.

The president of a dog food company was giving a speech to his sales staff when sales had dropped and weren't improving.

"I don't understand how this is happening. Our dog food has the best ingredients formulated by some of the best animal nutritionists in the country. We have the best packaging and the best advertising. Why aren't we selling more?"
A guy in the back of the room stood up and said, "Dogs don't like it."

At the end of the day Trump claimed he didn't like the Electoral College because he thought he would lose populous states like MI, PA and FL.

Way back when the Electoral College came to be Jefferson pushed for and got slaves counted as 3/5th's of a person for census counts that would go towards determining the number of Congressional seats and Electors a state would have. At the time that gave Virginia more members of Congress. The rub was while the slaves couldn't vote, 3/5th of every male slave still got VA more Congressmen and more Electors.

Its old and it was initially based on a flawed count so the ag economy slave owning south wouldn't fall behind more industrialized states like PA, MA and NY.

But it just got the GOP the White House while they retained control of the Senate and House. Does anyone think they are going to be wanting to change anything for at least another decade and they lose control of with/both houses of the legislature and/or The White House?

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 00:26

GRR Spartan wrote:

Way back when the Electoral College came to be Jefferson pushed for and got slaves counted as 3/5th's of a person for census counts that would go towards determining the number of Congressional seats and Electors a state would have. At the time that gave Virginia more members of Congress. The rub was while the slaves couldn't vote, 3/5th of every male slave still got VA more Congressmen and more Electors.

Its old and it was initially based on a flawed count so the ag economy slave owning south wouldn't fall behind more industrialized states like PA, MA and NY.

But it just got the GOP the White House while they retained control of the Senate and House. Does anyone think they are going to be wanting to change anything for at least another decade and they lose control of with/both houses of the legislature and/or The White House?

It's a pretty dumb way to pick a leader anyways... throw the baby out with the bathwater. I don't have a better way, but letting people who are susceptible to media manipulation and who some of their most watched tv programs is reality tv... it's ridiculous to trust the leadership of a nation to a vote of those citizens.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-20, 09:49

GRR Spartan wrote:But it just got the GOP the White House while they retained control of the Senate and House. Does anyone think they are going to be wanting to change anything for at least another decade and they lose control of with/both houses of the legislature and/or The White House?

Those damned R's, not wanting to be magnanimous and relinquish the power they just won in a fair election because you don't like the system. We all KNOW if the shoe was on the other foot the Dems would gladly hand over power to the R's just because it was the right thing to do.

Jeezus Christ.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-20, 10:27

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:But it just got the GOP the White House while they retained control of the Senate and House. Does anyone think they are going to be wanting to change anything for at least another decade and they lose control of with/both houses of the legislature and/or The White House?

Another Yeah but post Goose?

Am I so far under your skin on politics you need to respond to an obvious situation? I don't expect any political party that gained power through existing election methods like the Electoral College to change anything.

MI GOP and the GOP AG wanted to do away with straight ticket voting for '16. But now it appears straight ticket voters helped Trump win MI in '16.
Go figure.

Those damned R's, not wanting to be magnanimous and relinquish the power they just won in a fair election because you don't like the system. We all KNOW if the shoe was on the other foot the Dems would gladly hand over power to the R's just because it was the right thing to do.

Jeezus Christ.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-26, 15:49

It's been 28 minutes since the Coward in Chief bragged about his election victory.

The Donald Trump Election Brag Tracker
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/06/the_donald_trump_election_brag_tracker.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-18, 11:48

LooseGoose wrote:My final prediction -

LooseGoose wrote:

Just keep in mind who posted the letter here.   I try to be fair and balanced, just that some of the lefties here have no idea of where the center in America really is.   Luckily I have my fingers on the pulse of this country and can help them along.

Plus I watch a lot of Westerns so I know right from wrong.

Oh...and Andy Griffith.

You really do understand America.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-21, 20:27

Bump for 2020 predications. I am still playing this out in my head. This is more confusing than 2016. Let’s see what you got Swill experts.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-21, 21:50

Turtleneck wrote:Bump for 2020 predications. I am still playing this out in my head. This is more confusing than 2016. Let’s see what you got Swill experts.

Let's see who can make Bob's head splode first

How Donald Trump could win the presidency -- and have Kamala Harris as his VP
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-21, 22:02

Nordic wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Bump for 2020 predications. I am still playing this out in my head. This is more confusing than 2016. Let’s see what you got Swill experts.

Oh, if that’s the goal then just fill the board with Taylor Swift videos.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-21, 23:19

Nordic wrote:

Interesting stuff. I knew about the possibility of the House voting, but didn't know that that only applied to the president, and the VP would be chosen separately.

To the question of predictions, at this point, I'm thinking Biden gets 320, with a decent shot at 350.

In fact, looking at some of the scenarios, there's a better chance that Biden gets 400+ than there is of Trump getting the 270 needed for him to win.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-21, 23:48

I've got 334ish to 204ish

Joe gets AZ, NV, MI, WI, NC, MN, PA, FL

Dolan gets OH, IA, GA, TX
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-22, 05:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Hillary: 290
Trump: 248

I see it being somewhat close in the popular vote, Hillary squeaking out the electoral vote. Obviously, turnout is key. The Trump supporters, I believe, will turn out - hate, fear and paranoia are powerful emotions.

Maybe with the mainstream media excitedly discussing over the next 9-10 days about how Trump is closing, while hammering Hillary on made up controversies will motivate some Clinton supporters to get to the polls.

I think one thing Hillary has in her corner is a popular President (Barack), an even more popular First Lady (Michelle), along with Bill, Bernie and Elizabeth Warren hitting the campaign trail to barnstorm swing states.

I suspect Hillary will win, but I never put much past the collective intellect of America which is why I think Trump does stand a chance.

damn.. I was fairly on top of things.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-22, 06:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I see it being somewhat close in the popular vote, Hillary squeaking out the electoral vote. Obviously, turnout is key. The Trump supporters, I believe, will turn out - hate, fear and paranoia are powerful emotions.

Maybe with the mainstream media excitedly discussing over the next 9-10 days about how Trump is closing, while hammering Hillary on made up controversies will motivate some Clinton supporters to get to the polls.

I think one thing Hillary has in her corner is a popular President (Barack), an even more popular First Lady (Michelle), along with Bill, Bernie and Elizabeth Warren hitting the campaign trail to barnstorm swing states.

I suspect Hillary will win, but I never put much past the collective intellect of America which is why I think Trump does stand a chance.

TBF, that reads a bit like a Tim Staudt game prediction. "Hillary is going to win, but if people vote for Trump then he wins."
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-22, 09:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: damn.. I was fairly on top of things.

TBF, that reads a bit like a Tim Staudt game prediction. "Hillary is going to win, but if people vote for Trump then he wins."
you're welcome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-22, 10:06

The electoral college is the only thing that has me nervous about this election. Repubs are hell bent to take it and cheat if they have to. Hopefully the rust belt has a very high turn out and Ohio goes blue.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-22, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Clinton lost the electoral college vote, Bob. There is more hedging in your post than MSU's botanical gardens.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-22, 10:37

If ballots are counted, how many with be rejected by GOP friendly poll officials and how long states like Florida and Texas will drag their feet will tell us if the Nov  2020 Version of the McConnell Supreme Court will re-elect Trump.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-22, 11:16

GRR Spartan wrote:If ballots are counted, how many with be rejected by GOP friendly poll officials and how long states like Florida and Texas will drag their feet will tell us if the Nov  2020 Version of the McConnell Supreme Court will re-elect Trump.

Michigan and Wisconsin have Republicans controlled supreme courts, right? Have to win the election on Tuesday night. Beyond that anything can happen.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-22, 11:21

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: damn.. I was fairly on top of things.

Clinton lost the electoral college vote, Bob. There is more hedging in your post than MSU's botanical gardens.
just another service I provide at no additional cost.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-22, 12:08

kingstonlake wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:If ballots are counted, how many with be rejected by GOP friendly poll officials and how long states like Florida and Texas will drag their feet will tell us if the Nov  2020 Version of the McConnell Supreme Court will re-elect Trump.

Michigan and Wisconsin have Republicans controlled supreme courts, right? Have to win the election on Tuesday night. Beyond that anything can happen.

Nah, there are actual laws. Regardless of what Trump says, votes are never even close to fully counted by election day. Courts aren't going to just halt the counting on November 4th. Comparisons to 2000 that people talk about tend ignore what actually happened that year.

And for GRR, Texas and Florida are most likely going to be irrelevant to the outcome, unless either does go Dem, at which point Trump would essentially have zero chance of pulling anything out. But they're irrelevant in Biden's pursuit of 270.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-22, 12:10

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Got it wrong, yet still pats himself on the back. Ludicrously poor self-evaluation.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next