Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

+44
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
TheReal_LWS
steveschneider
By-Tor
AvgMSUJoe
Da Mayor
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
SawGreen
kingstonlake
Rocinante
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
aualum06
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
MSU addict
NigelUno
Death Roe
InTenSity
Ted Brogan
Vlad
MattyFresh
CheesySpartan
The Pantry
Stoops21
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
BleacherSwill
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
DWags
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
48 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 8 Empty Re: Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

Post by MSU addict 2017-11-29, 17:33

Herbie Green wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

An interesting read as well from the Washington Post.

Enjoy Kirk Cousins’s final games with the Redskins. This is about more than money.

Ironically I can't read this article without paying money.
Sorry.

Fucking Washington Post.  If do google search you can read it free from that link.  Holds true for every WP article I have encountered.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&biw=1920&bih=940&tbm=nws&ei=EDYfWoeAH8bbU_mNg1A&q=kirk+cousins+last+game&oq=kirk+cousins+last+game&gs_l=psy-ab.3...12484.14035.0.14403.10.10.0.0.0.0.304.1081.0j3j1j1.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..5.1.184...0.0.fC2ybKU-4jo
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 8 Empty Re: Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-11-30, 21:36

Washington is looking like crap. Cousins is getting killed by his pathetic O-line.
Not off to a good start for my fantasy playoff Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 8 1550444538
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-30, 21:57

Skins are going with Alex Smith, Cousins FA now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-01-30, 22:02

Cut Stafford, bring in cousins. Give up first rounder for an unhappy Bell. Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 8 1550444538 Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 8 3434560931
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-01-30, 22:05

Where do we think Kirk is headed?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 22:10

Tim Wakefield wrote:Where do we think Kirk is headed?

Cleveland makes the most sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-01-30, 22:18

Giants? Broncos?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-30, 22:26

Jets
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 22:28

Pats
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-30, 22:28

Just kidding. I have no idea.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-30, 22:32

Broncos!!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-30, 22:33

LooseGoose wrote:

That sounds like a bad idea.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-30, 22:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Broncos!!!!!

This.

But I’d love a good back up in Green Bay.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-30, 22:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Browns wanted Smith, they've got the money to pay Kirk, a crazy amount of draft picks to reinforce the team, but it'll take more than that to sell Kirk.

... and Wags must be drunk
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-30, 23:00

I.B. Fine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Browns wanted Smith, they've got the money to pay Kirk, a crazy amount of draft picks to reinforce the team, but it'll take more than that to sell Kirk.

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 8 502811600

Am I crazy to suggest the Jaguars take a run at him?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-30, 23:02

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 8 502811600

Am I crazy to suggest the Jaguars take a run at him?
No, not crazy
Bortles almost got their mind off it....almost
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-31, 11:06

The favorite this morning seems to be the Jets, though Denver and Cleveland are mentioned. Arizona is another possibility with Palmer retiring.

Which one of those sounds appealing if you're Kirk and looking to win now?
I don't know cap space and draft picks beyond Cleveland-a loooong shot. I guess the Jets have the money to pay the man, is there enough offense for him to work with?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-31, 11:12

No its not crazy for the Jags to take a run at him, I am not sure they really have ton of cap space to wiggle with though.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-31, 12:28

The Jags would be the perfect landing spot - except they have to pay Bortles 19.1 million next year, and I don't see them being able to trade him.

My guess:

1) Vikings
2) Broncos

If all Cousins cares about is short term money, obviously Cleveland and Miami become the top two options. I just don't see Cousins finally getting a pass out of Washington and signing with another dysfunctional organization.

I look for him to sign a 4-5 year deal with a team that is positioned to win now - that will put him in a great position to sign one more very lucrative contract at age 33-34.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-31, 15:01

Maybe the Jags can trade Bortles to Cleveland Wink
I think Kirk is looking for opportunity over the money, he'll get plenty wherever he goes.
Know what the Vikings situation is with Bridgewater? I assume his contract is not consequential.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-31, 15:12

I.B. Fine wrote:Maybe the Jags can trade Bortles to Cleveland Wink
I think Kirk is looking for opportunity over the money, he'll get plenty wherever he goes.
Know what the Vikings situation is with Bridgewater? I assume his contract is not consequential.
Keenum, Bridgewater and Bradford are all free agents for 2018.  Many people assumed that they would be looking for a free agent QB before the Alex Smith trade and there was some speculation  they had an interest in Smith.

Bridgewater is the best of the group, but the Viking know best on his knee injury.  Most feel his injuries and Bradford's kind of rule them out for a long term deal.  Keenum played his best ball by far this year - but the Vikings still ranked 23rd in passing.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2018-01-31, 15:14; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-31, 15:13

I’d love to see him play with what jacksonville has.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-31, 15:16

What about Jets dolphins bills
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-31, 15:18

Rocinante wrote:I’d love to see him play with what jacksonville has.
So would I, but Bortles just had wrist surgery and his 19.1 million next year is guaranteed for injury.  There is speculation that the Jags will make a run at Cousins, they just seem to be in the worst position to do so.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-31, 15:24

MSU addict wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I’d love to see him play with what jacksonville has.
So would I, but Bortles just had wrist surgery and his 19.1 million next year is guaranteed for injury.  There is speculation that the Jags will make a run at Cousins, they just seem to be in the worst position to do so.

Take less money if you have to just to go where you’re set up to win right away or there’s extra money to go after additional help. Go in looking like a team player bent on winning, not just some player looking to bleed a team dry.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-31, 16:00

tGreenWay wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Take less money if you have to just to go where you’re set up to win right away or there’s extra money to go after additional help. Go in looking like a team player bent on winning, not just some player looking to bleed a team dry.
Cousins owns a home if Florida and I am sure would love to play for the Jags. That said, the Jags have major salary cap problems. Again Bortles just had wrist surgery, so they can't cut him, they really can't trade him, and I don't see how they can sign Cousins with his 19.1 million dollar salary.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-01-31, 16:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What about Jets dolphins bills
Dolphins are tied to Tannehill. I think he's on a pretty big contract right now. He was injured before the season started, but I don't think they are going to go for Cousins. If this was next year and Tannehill had a shitty year, maybe, but not this year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-31, 16:15

All AFC East teams.

Jets - Everyone likes him here, I just don't see the Jets being a major player. I think the Jets are in rebuild mode for 2018 and will look to draft a QB, not spend a ton of money on a QB for a team that is not going make a splash in 2018 (more likely will tank for draft pics).

Dolphins - All reports are that Miami is as dysfunctional of a franchise as Washington. I don't see Cousins going the Washington 2.0 route. Also, Miami has salary cap issues and they could cut Tannehill, but would have dead cap due to his bonus if they do.

Bills - Again major salary cap issues. They have two first round pics, so the money would be on them drafting or trading for a QB instead of entering the Cousins sweepstakes. They also lack offensive talent other than an elder RB.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-31, 16:21

InTenSity wrote:
Dolphins are tied to Tannehill. I think he's on a pretty big contract right now. He was injured before the season started, but I don't think they are going to go for Cousins. If this was next year and Tannehill had a shitty year, maybe, but not this year.
Most people think they will hedge their bets and draft a QB this year. It is a deep draft for QB. But I agree, I think they ride Tannehill one more year.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-01, 09:11

A team no one has mentioned is becoming more and more a potential landing spot - San Francisco.

Until the Garoppolo trade, San Francisco is were most people assumed Cousins would land.  Garoppolo is a free agent and apparently Garoppolo's agent is looking for the franchise tag and is not really much interested in signing a long term deal unless the numbers are in the range of what Cousins will get.  The QB franchise tag this year is expected to be $23.56 million, $28.3 in the second year, so over 50 million guaranteed.  Like Cousins agent, Garoppolo's agent is using this figure as a starting point.

The thinking is - if the 49er's are going to pay Cousins like money, they should sign Cousins and trade Garoppolo - as his rights do have significant value.

The 49er's are smarter than the Redskins though, so if anything I think they hit Garoppolo with the transition tag.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-04, 08:39

Adam Schefter Verified account @AdamSchefter 12m12 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins might not be so free after all...

Washington is considering placing franchise tag on Cousins to be able to trade him, sources tell ESPN.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-04, 10:30

Speaking of Kirk, has he made any statement pertaining to MSU and/or Dantonio? He was around when some of the events happened wasn't he?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-04, 10:36

SawGreen wrote:Speaking of Kirk, has he made any statement pertaining to MSU and/or Dantonio? He was around when some of the events happened wasn't he?

Honestly, he’s the guy we need to say something. I’m hoping after his contract he will.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-04, 12:39

LooseGoose wrote:Adam Schefter Verified account @AdamSchefter 12m12 minutes ago

Washington is considering placing franchise tag on Cousins to be able to trade him, sources tell ESPN.
Sounds like the Redskins... everyone is saying they got fleeced in the trade Alex Smith, so they will double down on stupidity.

Kirk should sign and refuse to negotiate - they will be stuck paying 34.5 million for a back-up qb.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2018-02-04, 15:07; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-04, 13:43

MSU addict wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Adam Schefter Verified account @AdamSchefter 12m12 minutes ago

Sounds like the Redskins... everyone is saying they got fleeced in the trade Alex Smith, so they will double down on stupidity.

Kirk should sign and refuse to negotiate - they will be stick paying 34.5 million for a back-up qb.

That would be hysterical.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-02-04, 14:10

From what I read, if they tag him, they can't trade him until he signs it. If he drags his feet in doing so, it ties up their cap and fucks them over. And if I were him and they tagged me again just to trade me and removed my option of choosing my own destination, I'd be vindictive as hell.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-04, 14:11

Cameron wrote:From what I read, if they tag him, they can't trade him until he signs it. If he drags his feet in doing so, it ties up their cap and fucks them over. And if I were him and they tagged me again just to trade me and removed my option of choosing my own destination, I'd be vindictive as hell.

So you'd act like a real ****?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-04, 14:11

The NFL players association will forever be the worst union in the universe. I mean what the hell are you people even doing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-02-04, 14:15

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:From what I read, if they tag him, they can't trade him until he signs it. If he drags his feet in doing so, it ties up their cap and fucks them over. And if I were him and they tagged me again just to trade me and removed my option of choosing my own destination, I'd be vindictive as hell.

So you'd act like a real ****?

Yes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next