Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

+44
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
TheReal_LWS
steveschneider
By-Tor
AvgMSUJoe
Da Mayor
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
SawGreen
kingstonlake
Rocinante
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
aualum06
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
MSU addict
NigelUno
Death Roe
InTenSity
Ted Brogan
Vlad
MattyFresh
CheesySpartan
The Pantry
Stoops21
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
BleacherSwill
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
DWags
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
48 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 Empty Re: Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-30, 09:03

The only question left for Kirk Cousins: ‘How much?’

But this much is clear: Cousins can play. His contract situation isn’t the referendum on his ability that some make it out to be. He’s also still getting better. And the Washington Redskins should do everything within reason to make sure he’s on this roster for the next five years, at least.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 Empty Re: Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

Post by Guest 2016-12-01, 12:56

A dork with swag’: Redskins rally around their corny quarterback
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-01, 14:07

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you should wear it on Thanksgiving..

When I was like 10 years old my mom took us an Indian Reservation near Pipestone (the reservation was in South Dakota). She had done some type of work there and knew the chief and there's a picture of me wearing a Washington Redskins football jersey standing next to the chief. It's pretty hilarious.
Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 502811600
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2016-12-19, 19:04

YOU LIKE THAT... STAPLER!

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 Kc10
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-12-19, 19:26

Happy for Cousins. I hope he gets that big little my term contract. Should be a lock.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2016-12-19, 22:50

KC and co. gettin' worked by sCam Newton and the Panthers.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-19, 22:55

Ted Brogan wrote:KC and co. gettin' worked by sCam Newton and the Panthers.
That's a little misleading. They're losing. Not really cuz of offense.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-19, 23:31

Put my FF fate in Kirk's hands and he shits the bed.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-19, 23:36

Not dead yet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2016-12-20, 00:09

As far as offense my Green Goggles say that he lost his safety valve in the TE in the 1q. The D let Cam and that shit O move up and down on them.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-20, 07:38

MattyFresh wrote: As far as offense my Green Goggles say that he lost his safety valve in the TE in the 1q. The D let Cam and that shit O move up and down on them.

rhat D and running game so bad....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-20, 07:41

MattyFresh wrote: As far as offense my Green Goggles say that he lost his safety valve in the TE in the 1q. The D let Cam and that shit O move up and down on them.

A team much like the packers. Rodgers and Cousins carry them
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2016-12-20, 08:41

I am a Cousins fan, but he did not play well last night.

Yes, Washington's defense sucks (that may have been one of their better performances of the year). Yes, their offensive line sucks. It is a team with many problems, but that was a very winnable game if Cousins had a good night, he did not. 10 of Carolina's points came off his turnovers, an interception and a fumble.

I am pretty much convinced that Washington and Cousins will part ways after the season. Washington painted themselves into a corner by putting the franchise tag on him last year. Just a stupid, stupid move.

Hopefully Cousins lands someplace decent.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-20, 09:49

MSU addict wrote:I am a Cousins fan, but he did not play well last night.

Yes, Washington's defense sucks (that may have been one of their better performances of the year). Yes, their offensive line sucks. It is a team with many problems, but that was a very winnable game if Cousins had a good night, he did not. 10 of Carolina's points came off his turnovers, an interception and a fumble.

I am pretty much convinced that Washington and Cousins will part ways after the season. Washington painted themselves into a corner by putting the franchise tag on him last year. Just a stupid, stupid move.

Da Bears
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2016-12-20, 20:26

Thoughts on maybe a QB retiring.. I know Brady said 45 years old but hes delusional. Drew Brees, Carson Palmer and Eli Manning are probably all close to 40.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-12-20, 20:34

LooseGoose wrote:

Da Bears

he said decent
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-20, 20:43

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Da Bears

he said decent

lol, and he said hoped. I could see the Captain there. Close to his home, proud old franchise, tons of endorsements, etc, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-12-20, 21:17

Yes, Washington's defense sucks (that may have been one of their better performances of the year).  Yes, their offensive line sucks.  It is a team with many problems, but that was a very winnable game if Cousins had a good night, he did not.  10 of Carolina's points came off his turnovers, an interception and a fumble.

I am pretty much convinced that Washington and Cousins will part ways after the season.  Washington painted themselves into a corner by putting the franchise tag on him last year.  Just a stupid, stupid move.

Why do you think the Redskins are painted into corner?  The only decision at the end of the season will be if they give KC a new contract or if they franchise him again. The Skins have plenty of cap room next year. #HTTR
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2016-12-21, 09:10

StylesGShmooth wrote:

Yes, Washington's defense sucks (that may have been one of their better performances of the year).  Yes, their offensive line sucks.  It is a team with many problems, but that was a very winnable game if Cousins had a good night, he did not.  10 of Carolina's points came off his turnovers, an interception and a fumble.

I am pretty much convinced that Washington and Cousins will part ways after the season.  Washington painted themselves into a corner by putting the franchise tag on him last year.  Just a stupid, stupid move.

Why do you think the Redskins are painted into corner?  The only decision at the end of the season will be if they give KC a new contract or if they franchise him again.  The Skins have plenty of cap room next year.  #HTTR
They should have signed Cousins to a long term deal last year.  They chose not to do so.  

I know the current thinking is that the Redskins will franchise him again and yes, they do have the cap room to do so.  In my opinion it only delays the inevitable and puts the Redskins in a progressively worse position.  There is a reason teams rarely franchise tag a QB, and a reason no team has done it two years in a row.  

They cannot franchise him in 2018.  Well, the “can” - but they can’t.  They are not going to pay him 35 million for 2018 (10 million more than any other NFL player makes).

The Redskins have put Cousins in position to be the highest paid NFL player.  His market value (in large part due to that 2016 tag) is now around 24-25 million per year with near 100 million guaranteed.  The Redskins seem unwilling to sign him to that long term deal.  That is understandable - all NFL players are one play away from a potential career ending injury.  Cousins maybe a top ten QB, but he is not Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers (he will make more next year than either).  Their thinking seems to be sign a decent QB for 10-15 million less and spend the extra elsewhere.  That is a rational position

It looks like the Redskins will not make the playoffs this year which gives them an opportunity to “retool.“   If the Redskins are unwilling to sign that deal, this is the year to let him go.  Not next year, when you can’t franchise him.  This year will also be a good year to sign a free agent QB.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-24, 20:59

Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins 4h4 hours ago
.@KirkCousins8's jacket game is STRONG.

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 C0ePZscWIAAavaO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-24, 21:37

Love my man but I need them to lose next week. Baring that I'd need the lions to lose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-01, 20:16

Mods please merge.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-01, 20:21

NigelUno wrote:Mods please merge.

AW got his feelings hurt.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-21, 15:48

Kirk Cousins ‏@KirkCousins8 21m21 minutes ago
Not being in the playoffs means my January weekends involve sitting on mall benches, outside perfume stores, waiting on my wife
#NeverAgain

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 C2uKWLoXgAAaEMi
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 14:03

Rico Beard ‏@RicoBeard 1h1 hour ago
Washington QB Kirk Cousins (former Spartan) will replace Super Bowl-bound Falcons QB Matt Ryan in the Pro Bowl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-03, 12:39

I heard Cousins will be on Rome from radio row today.  All I can say is that it's sometime in the next 2 hours and 22 minutes.

Eh, now sounds like he might be the last guest today.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-02-23, 12:48

Good article on Cousins today in the Washington Post. (I have come to the conclusion that the Washington Post is simply the best Newspaper in existence.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/kirk-cousins-is-going-to-make-the-redskins-pay-no-matter-where-he-ends-up/2017/02/23/ceb2bf22-f9ce-11e6-9845-576c69081518_story.html?utm_term=.bddb5edb4389

I have been following the Cousins contract situation closely, I just find it more pleasing than Nassar, Title IX, Trump, etc.

Most current line of thinking is that Washington will apply the franchise tag to Cousins and then trade him.  No matter what happens, Kirk is going to do well.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-23, 13:28

If the Skins franchise CKC again, they dumb.

Tiki Barber: Of Course You Take Kirk Cousins Over Cam Newton

“I don’t know who the hell the Washington Redskins think they’re going to get when Kirk Cousins leaves – because he’s going to leave,” Tierney said. “He’s going to leave. Maybe they franchise him again and he stays for another year. We said this the other day: As soon as they offer it to him – because they have not offered it to him yet – he is signing it right away because it guarantees that he’s there for only one more year. They’ve ostracized this kid to the point where why would you want to stay there? You don’t want to commit to him, you don’t even want to have a conversation with him, and apparently the talks are dead already. So if I’m Kirk, I’m finding whatever the next available place is next year, and I’m out – because he has been good. He hasn’t been great, and I agree with BT. BT’s take on Kirk is when has he won a big game for you? He hasn’t yet, but if you’re the Redskins, what are you doing?”
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-23, 13:29

Cousins is in Heads I win / Tails you lose territory with Washington.

The worst that can happen is they use the franchise tag again for '17.  
That 2nd franchise tag gets him a contract worth 120% of his first franchise tag contract.  

In Cousin's case he got $19.95M in '16 and will get $23.94M for '17.  If they went for a 3rd year it would be 144% or $34.47M for '18.  I don't think Dan Snyder is that foolish.

Since they aren't sold on Cousins and the 49'ers have new coach Kyle Shanahan.  I won't be surprised to see a sign and trade.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2017-02-25, 21:09; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-02-23, 14:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:If the Skins franchise CKC again, they dumb.
They have to franchise him, they are not going to let him become a free agent and walk on March 1 without any compensation.

Like I said - the current line of thinking is that they will franchise him and then look to trade him to a team willing to do a long term deal (most likely San Francisco). They will use the non-exclusive tag , but no team is going to give up two first rounders for him - especially when he will be a free agent next year.

The Redskins make the Lions look smart, and that is normally a tough thing to do. At least they were smart enough to sign Stafford.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-23, 15:04

MSU addict wrote:
They have to franchise him, they are not going to let him become a free agent and walk on March 1 without any compensation.  

Like I said - the current line of thinking is that they will franchise him and then look to trade him to a team willing to do a long term deal (most likely San Francisco).  They will use the non-exclusive tag , but no team is going to give up two first rounders for him - especially when he will be a free agent next year.

The Redskins make the Lions look smart, and that is normally a tough thing to do.  At least they were smart enough to sign Stafford.  

I guess where I'm coming from is that the Redskins are dooming themselves for another five years by not committing to Cousins and signing him.  They have nobody waiting the wings, right? They're not likely to get a starter (or the equivalent of a starter in the form of picks), right?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-02-23, 16:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:I guess where I'm coming from is that the Redskins are dooming themselves for another five years by not committing to Cousins and signing him.  They have nobody waiting the wings, right? They're not likely to get a starter (or the equivalent of a starter in the form of picks), right?
I said in a post months ago that they should have signed him last year, they chose not to. There are reasons NFL teams almost ever franchise tags a QB (and when they do, it is just to buy time to make a long term deal).

As the author said:

But by the time Cousins took them to the NFC East title in 2015, everybody knew what they had, a guy who could play the position seriously and make every kind of throw, who was intelligent and dedicated and a leader. Any sensible team would have made the long-term deal. But no. This team is always Goldilocks; the grass is always greener; another player is more tempting,

Cousins' market value is north of 20 million a year, he knows that. The Redskins have made it clear they do not want to pay that - and no, they really don't any viable options.

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2017-02-25, 21:01

I'm so torn on this. Captain Kirk isn't worth that money but on the other hand Skins can't let him walk. Definitely don't want a long term contract to cripple the team for years to come though. His raw numbers were great this year, but man he left a lot of points on the field in some important games.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-25, 21:10

StylesGShmooth wrote:I'm so torn on this. Captain Kirk isn't worth that money but on the other hand Skins can't let him walk. Definitely don't want a long term contract to cripple the team for years to come though. His raw numbers were great this year, but man he left a lot of points on the field in some important games.

I agree, but not a lot of players are worth that kind of money, yet owners keep paying it. I haven't been sold on KC as someone who can lead his team to a title, either. But, to be fair, he's still very green and doesn't exactly have the best mates surrounding him. I think the more he plays, the more he settles down, and he's smart enough to pick up defenses quicker than most younger QBs. I'll be curious to see how he's doing in another 2-3 years in the League. Then again, WTF do I know? I thought Joey Harrington was going to be a great NFL QB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-25, 21:18

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/kirk-cousins-is-going-to-make-the-redskins-pay-no-matter-where-he-ends-up/2017/02/23/ceb2bf22-f9ce-11e6-9845-576c69081518_story.html?utm_term=.bddb5edb4389

Every NFL QB is worth what the market is and that price keeps going up.
Cousins has time as a starter so he's not going to market with the potential tag.

It looks like the going rate will be around $24M-$25M + signing bonus with at least $50M guaranteed
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-27, 20:30

MSU addict wrote:

Like I said - the current line of thinking is that they will franchise him and then look to trade him to a team willing to do a long term deal (most likely San Francisco). They will use the non-exclusive tag , but no team is going to give up two first rounders for him - especially when he will be a free agent next year.

The Redskins make the Lions look smart, and that is normally a tough thing to do. At least they were smart enough to sign Stafford.

After reading this I see what you mean now about making the Lions look smart.

This is how badly the Washington Redskins have financially botched things with Kirk Cousins
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-27, 22:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MSU addict wrote:They have to franchise him, they are not going to let him become a free agent and walk on March 1 without any compensation.

This is how badly the Washington Redskins have financially botched things with Kirk Cousins

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 502811600 Do you always read the Italian version of Yahoo sports?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-28, 04:47

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 502811600 Do you always read the Italian version of Yahoo sports?

confused
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-28, 08:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

confused

Check the URL Floyd, that "it." before sports brings you too the italian focused sports page, see the top bar in my pic Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 1494614055

https://it.sports.yahoo.com/notizie/this-is-how-badly-the-washington-redskins-have-financially-botched-things-with-kirk-cousins-010853506.html

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 2 Captur22
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-28, 08:53

Hmmm, it was just some link from my twitter feed. Can't remember whose tweet I stole it from.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next