Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM..

+19
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Tim Wakefield
CheesySpartan
MattyFresh
Nordic
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
The_Dude
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
23 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-07, 13:50

strange question..

Comment From Justin
Graham - What is you thought on Mark Hollis' legacy at MSU? Is his one that is just not talked about? Is it Paterno-esque, meaning complicated and divisive?

Graham Couch
It's TBD. Complicated now. I plan to get into this shortly in a column. It's not Paterno-esque, I don't believe. Because Hollis, I truly believe, had no knowledge of Nassar, the way Paterno appeared to with Sandusky.

(for the record, Hollis, if I recall correctly, stated that he didn't think he had ever even met Larry Nassar).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-07, 13:56

this dude is trying to get an invite to a cocktail party:

Comment From MSU Alum
I just wanted to thank you for being balanced during this tumultuous time. The national media seems to want to run with the mixing of the Nassar case and the OTL report. You have been quite insightful, and posed a lot of fair questions. Some you've taken gas over, and some you've been praised for. As an Alum this is an uneasy time. Your thoughts are first and foremost with the victims, but to pretend it doesn't hurt to see a place that is so dear to your heart, is not realistic. I feel you've done an excellent job navigating choppy waters and wanted to say thank you.

Graham Couch
Thanks for those kind words. I'm trying to write with fairness and reason. Glad to see you think I'm doing so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-07, 14:13

Graham Couch
Prediction time: MSU vs. Purdue Saturday - what's your score?

Comment From WilliamstonSpartan
Mich State 79 Purdue 78

Comment From Terry Wymer
75-71 MSU and I decide the outcome with a controversial offensive foul call that the crowd sways me into making

Comment From T-Dawg
Michigan State 72, Boilers 74. Bad feeling.

Comment From Wayne
76-72 MSU

Comment From Dave
MSU 81, Pur-don't 73

Comment From Bobby Sak
Purdue 74, MSU 69

Comment From Cirk Kousins
If Bridges drops 20 points: 80-78 MSU. If Bridges lays an egg: 79-68 Purdue.

Comment From Rob
Purdue winning 86-79. I think this being their last real chance to get a big win will motivate them, but not enough to actually get the win.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 12:59

bump
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:39

Comment From Robert J Sakimano
hey Graham - love your work. Have you reviewed this document publish at Spartan Swill by our very own gHost? It's a response to Paula Lavigne and ESPN - it's getting some national traction: https://smc68az.wordpress.c....

Graham Couch
I have. He put in a lot of work. There are some good points in it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:39

gHost Spartan wrote:Bob are you listening?
listening to what?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-21, 13:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Comment From Robert J Sakimano
hey Graham - love your work. Have you reviewed this document publish at Spartan Swill by our very own gHost? It's a response to Paula Lavigne and ESPN - it's getting some national traction: https://smc68az.wordpress.c....

Graham Couch

You could literally use that answer for any literary piece ever in the history of mankind. Just saying..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:45

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: listening to what?

Nevermind I thought it was some weird internet radio type of Q&A
no - just a typing/text thing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:46

Graham - love your work. One Springsteen song for the rest of your life. Your choices are: Thunder Road, Racing in the Street, Backstreets, The River.

Graham Couch
Thunder Road or the River. Tough decision. I'll The River, if I get the live version with the story about Bruce and his dad leading in.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:46

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Comment From Robert J Sakimano

Graham Couch

You could literally use that answer for any literary piece ever in the history of mankind. Just saying..
Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM.. - Page 5 3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 13:48

I'm asking questions and the mods are SCREWING IT UP!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:49

gHost Spartan wrote:Can I ask a question?
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/

click on "MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch" - hurry - it ends in 10 minutes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 13:59

My question got through! WOOHOO!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 13:59

Pylon is getting involved..

Comment From Watch Out Pylon!
Graham, do you think Izzo retires into the sunset if MSU wins a natty this year?

Graham Couch
I think there's a chance he steps down if and when he wins another. I also think the circumstances around the program might lead him not to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 14:00

Two in a row! I'm on fire!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-21, 14:00

post them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 14:01

I think we just became friends.

Graham, I'm going to the ASU game this year. Ever been to Tempe? Where's a good place to get a beer?

Graham Couch
I have been to Tempe. Spent time there both in the 2012 NCAA tournament and the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. There's a good strip right in the heart of town. Names of places are escaping me. Maybe I'll see you there.
via·less than a minute ago
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 14:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I think we just became friends.

Graham, I'm going to the ASU game this year. Ever been to Tempe? Where's a good place to get a beer?

Graham Couch
I have been to Tempe. Spent time there both in the 2012 NCAA tournament and the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. There's a good strip right in the heart of town. Names of places are escaping me. Maybe I'll see you there.
Pylon is cat fishin' Graham.

he's gonna start sending him pictures from Adam Ripon's instagram account next.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-21, 14:05

Man there are a ton of non answers in that answer session. It seems like the only thing it's really good for is promoting yourselves... so great job guys. Especially Bob for plugging swill. Bob is a great American and a great Spartan.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 14:08

Rocinante wrote:Man there are a ton of non answers in that answer session.  It seems like the only thing it's really good for is promoting yourselves... so great job guys.  Especially Bob for plugging swill.  Bob is a great American and a great Spartan.

I asked him like three times to plug the Swill in a Tweet. No bites. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 14:17

Graham, this may be a bias on my part, but it seems to me public perception on the MSU OTL report seems to be leaning towards it being a witch hunt. Are you surprised that more media outlets haven't been digging into Paula's story and her seemingly agenda driven report? Is there a "wait and see" attitude to see if anything else surfaces or is it just a case of the rest of the media not caring to do the legwork?

Graham Couch
There are two ways to look at this: No other big media outlets have jumped on the train and are going after MSU. ESPN is alone in this, which says something. In our business, we are slow to criticize other media outlets, perhaps too slow. But better to be slow and be right. We don't know everything ESPN has or where there story is going. And I have been critical of their reporting, several times.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 14:19

Rocinante wrote:Man there are a ton of non answers in that answer session. It seems like the only thing it's really good for is promoting yourselves... so great job guys. Especially Bob for plugging swill. Bob is a great American and a great Spartan.
thanks, man.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 14:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Man there are a ton of non answers in that answer session.  It seems like the only thing it's really good for is promoting yourselves... so great job guys.  Especially Bob for plugging swill.  Bob is a great American and a great Spartan.

I asked him like three times to plug the Swill in a Tweet. No bites. :(
I sneaked tSwill in.. embedded in my question about the gHost Writer.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 14:20

Pylon - you've asked enough questions. Let someone else chime in, will ya?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 14:22

Sorry, I ruined it for everyone. No

How long does this chat session last? I need to get some work done this afternoon.

Graham Couch
We're going to wrap it here. You guys had a lot of good thoughts and questions and there are many I didn't get to. Please email me at gcouch@lsj.com if you have a question. I will get back to you by tonight.

Have a great week. Talk to you soon.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 14:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Sorry, I ruined it for everyone. No

How long does this chat session last? I need to get some work done this afternoon.

Graham Couch
We're going to wrap it here. You guys had a lot of good thoughts and questions and there are many I didn't get to. Please email me at gcouch@lsj.com if you have a question. I will get back to you by tonight.

I think that's his way of asking you for nudes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-21, 14:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Sorry, I ruined it for everyone. No

Graham Couch

I think that's his way of asking you for nudes.

How else are we going to know who to look for in Tempe?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-21, 14:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I think that's his way of asking you for nudes.

How else are we going to know who to look for in Tempe?
Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM.. - Page 5 Catfish

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 13:10

bump
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-28, 13:14

Dear Graham,
Do you know how Germans tie their shoes?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 13:22

someone's calling out Graham and his fellow MSU writers..

Comment From Shockular
Why do Arizona reporters have to call out ESPN's inaccuracies, yet you and your reporting gang say it's not your job/area to do so?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-28, 13:28

tGreenWay wrote:Dear Graham,
Do you know how Germans tie their shoes?

How?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 13:32

hi Graham - love your work - do you have a favorite cover of a Springsteen song? If not, I can make a recommendation.

Graham Couch
I'll always take a recommendation. But 10,000 Maniacs playing "Because the Night" is still probably my favorite Springsteen cover of all time.

(I'm not going to tell him that "Because the Night" was written by Patti Smith - and Springsteen actually covered it. I hate to be that guy)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-28, 13:37

You'll know it when you see it...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-28, 13:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:someone's calling out Graham and his fellow MSU writers..

Comment From Shockular
Why do Arizona reporters have to call out ESPN's inaccuracies, yet you and your reporting gang say it's not your job/area to do so?

I actually came here to ask you to ask this Bob. What did blue button up with a white under shirt respond with?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-28, 13:43

You're welcome, OTPT.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-28, 13:43

Death Roe wrote:You're welcome, OTPT.

Good shit death roe, but what did the coward say?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-28, 13:44

"I've written a column on this and be vocal on Twitter about things I thought were unethical or salacious. These are different stories. Sean Miller is being accused of something very specific. Izzo isn't. And the Arizona media I've seen doing it, has "Wildcat" in their title. It's not objective media, I don't think. That said, if facts are wrong, those need to be pointed out."
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 13:44

Death Roe wrote:You're welcome, OTPT.
Live MSU Sports Chat With Graham Couch Today at 1:00 PM.. - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-28, 13:45

I'm gettin' a little sick of all of his sports stuff - I've sent some Springsteen covers for him to check out.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next