Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it even fun being an Alabama fan?

+5
DWags
Clarett's Folly
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
9 posters

Go down

Is it even fun being an Alabama fan? Empty Is it even fun being an Alabama fan?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-31, 16:03

That's all.... is it even a good time for them anymore? I mean, either you win it all, something you've done I don't even know how many times already, or you have bitter disappointment. That's all there is to it. How fun is it even to win it all at this point for them? I mean, it can't be the same as it would be for us. More of "ho hum we did what we're supposed to."

I have more thoughts but I'd like to hear yours. Discuss.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is it even fun being an Alabama fan? Empty Re: Is it even fun being an Alabama fan?

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-31, 16:08

I've read that they are tired of having gameday and that ESPN has to go around campus begging students to show up.
Those people have nothing else to live for.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is it even fun being an Alabama fan? Empty Re: Is it even fun being an Alabama fan?

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-31, 16:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That's all.... is it even a good time for them anymore? I mean, either you win it all, something you've done I don't even know how many times already, or you have bitter disappointment. That's all there is to it. How fun is it even to win it all at this point for them? I mean, it can't be the same as it would be for us. More of "ho hum we did what we're supposed to."

I have more thoughts but I'd like to hear yours. Discuss.

You're not my mom. Don't tell me what to do.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-31, 16:13

Is it even fun for college football? Don't get me wrong the Alabama football machine is amazing to watch but I'd argue that the fact that a team can exert this level of dominance year after year points to a fatal flaws in the governance of college football.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-31, 16:21

Clarett's Folly wrote:Is it even fun for college football? Don't get me wrong the Alabama football machine is amazing to watch but I'd argue that the fact that a team can exert this level of dominance year after year points to a fatal flaws in the governance of college football.

I think there's a line somewhere between Alabama type of dynasties and ultimate parity where anyone can win any given year where things are fun. It's not so bad having a team like Ohio state around who usually wins... but not always. Someone to hate and to strive to beat. But when that top team is practically unbeatable, yeah it's not fun for anyone. (They're totally going to lose this game now that I said that.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-31, 16:28

Yes, they look like they have a blast

Is it even fun being an Alabama fan? Bfc89310
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-31, 16:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Is it even fun for college football? Don't get me wrong the Alabama football machine is amazing to watch but I'd argue that the fact that a team can exert this level of dominance year after year points to a fatal flaws in the governance of college football.

I think there's a line somewhere between Alabama type of dynasties and ultimate parity where anyone can win any given year where things are fun. It's not so bad having a team like Ohio state around who usually wins... but not always. Someone to hate and to strive to beat. But when that top team is practically unbeatable, yeah it's not fun for anyone. (They're totally going to lose this game now that I said that.)

Give me ultimate parity. That would be some amazing football.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-31, 16:31

Clarett's Folly wrote:

70 scholarships.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-31, 16:33

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

70 scholarships.

Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-31, 16:35

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I think that's kinda boring. I mean, if you're the little guy that gets to get a chance as a result, but to me it's more boring when it's just a crapshoot who will win year to year. I dunno... it's better than having one team that wins every year. But I think there's a sweet spot in the middle.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-12-31, 16:36

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I'd rather be the dominant team
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-31, 16:37

aualum06 wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

I fear that under this setup that won't come to fruition.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-31, 16:38

I would hate it if MSU was ever as dominant as Alabama. It would be terrible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-12-31, 16:38

Clarett's Folly wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I fear that under this setup that won't come to fruition.

That is true as well
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-31, 16:44

Turtleneck wrote:I would hate it if MSU was ever as dominant as Alabama. It would be terrible.

I wouldn't hate it turtleneck. But it wouldn't be as fun as a year like 2013.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-31, 16:50

Turtleneck wrote:I would hate it if MSU was ever as dominant as Alabama. It would be terrible.

It would be fun for me. I dont care about what's fun for you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-31, 16:54

Turtleneck wrote:

It would be fun for me. I dont care about what's fun for you.

Great. I don't care about what would be fun for you. Stop telling me about it and go to a different thread.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-31, 16:57

No.

If all you had to do was permaban Pylon for MSU to have Alabama's success, we would never hear from him again.

Don't pretend like you would not enjoy it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-31, 17:01

Turtleneck wrote:No.

If all you had to do was permaban Pylon for MSU to have Alabama's success, we would never hear from him again.

Done. Bye pylon.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-31, 19:08

Turtleneck wrote:No.

Done. Bye pylon.

Sweet. I'm gonna double my season tickets and buy tickets to the CFBP. Where is it next year? Helsinki? Perth? Da Nang?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-12-31, 20:19

tGreenWay wrote:

Done. Bye pylon.

Sweet. I'm gonna double my season tickets and buy tickets to the CFBP. Where is it next year? Helsinki? Perth? Da Nang?

I'd go with DaNang, that way we could all come home with a Vietnamese wife.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-12-31, 21:24

I'm guessing yes, it is.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-31, 22:34

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'd go with DaNang, that way we could all come home with a Vietnamese wife.

We don't necessarily have to have Vietnamese wives here on tSwill. We have so few rules* and we tend to ignore those we do.

*As a courtesy to SRC & Heat, I'll remind our newest friends that poop pics are not allowed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down