Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Cameron Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Isn’t every Disney movie really really bad?

Is this another shot at Star Wars? If so, it was subtle and understated and I respect that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Isn’t every Disney movie really really bad?

Miracle was awesome.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:29 am

I guess the streaming world finally caught up with Dwayne Johnson. Just watched Jumanji 2, Electric Bugaloo. Highly, highly entertaining. Red head was pure smoke. Would watch again.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:30 am

Starting the edge right now
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:33 am

Been watching season 2 of Jessica Jones the last couple of days. I'm not finding it as interesting as season 1, which is bad because they took forever to get this season done.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:03 am

The Alienist is great so far.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:09 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Been watching season 2 of Jessica Jones the last couple of days. I'm not finding it as interesting as season 1, which is bad because they took forever to get this season done.

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm two episodes in and about to give up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:21 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Been watching season 2 of Jessica Jones the last couple of days. I'm not finding it as interesting as season 1, which is bad because they took forever to get this season done.

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm two episodes in and about to give up.

It gets worse IMHO. Maybe it's a required storyline but it's bad.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:58 am

Anybody watching Flint Town on Netflix? It's an 8-part documentary series that follows the city police department on calls and shit. The opening scene is some dude in an MSU hoodie who gets shot and killed in the street. Pretty gripping so far.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:43 am

didn't even know season 2 of Jessica Jones was out
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Anybody watching "The Looming Tower" I've watched all the episodes so far and I don't know how I feel about it. All of it just still feels so close. I've looked up some of the characters and think they are portrayed kind of unfairly, which... it's not a documentary so they can do what they want, but again, this stuff is so fresh in my mind still so I have a hard time separating the show from the reality. Alec Baldwin as George Tenet is... not good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Rocinante wrote:Anybody watching "The Looming Tower"  I've watched all the episodes so far and I don't know how I feel about it.  All of it just still feels so close.  I've looked up some of the characters and think they are portrayed kind of unfairly, which... it's not a documentary so they can do what they want, but again, this stuff is so fresh in my mind still so I have a hard time separating the show from the reality.  Alec Baldwin as George Tenet is... not good.

Hmmm, I was just thinking about starting this. I mean, not right this very minute, but later on.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Anybody watching "The Looming Tower"  I've watched all the episodes so far and I don't know how I feel about it.  All of it just still feels so close.  I've looked up some of the characters and think they are portrayed kind of unfairly, which... it's not a documentary so they can do what they want, but again, this stuff is so fresh in my mind still so I have a hard time separating the show from the reality.  Alec Baldwin as George Tenet is... not good.

Hmmm, I was just thinking about starting this. I mean, not right this very minute, but later on.

Is this on Netflix?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Is this on Netflix?

Hulu
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:06 pm

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Yeah, we're getting a babysitter for this one. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 16 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:35 pm

Can someone come out with a new action/adventure movie that isn't a reboot or a fuckin superhero movie please?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can someone come out with a new action/adventure movie that isn't a reboot or a fuckin superhero movie please?
Go to Netflix. Go to International movies. Start watching and reading.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:46 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can someone come out with a new action/adventure movie that isn't a reboot or a fuckin superhero movie please?

Watch Altered Carbon. Tasty chicks that love getting naked. Gratuitous violence. Max Headroom being all creepy. Edgar Allen Poe with a shotgun.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Jesus. Altered Carbon is going to replace Bone Tomahawk as the most talked about show on swill.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:56 pm

This
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Yeah, we're getting a babysitter for this one. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 16 502811600

Best part of the trailer:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 16 Deadpool2-trailerbreakdown-titlebumper-700x291
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Anyone else catch Bill Hader's new show, 'Barry' yet?
First episode is promising.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:41 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Anyone else catch Bill Hader's new show, 'Barry' yet?

No. Is is a network sitcom?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's on HBO. Spoiled I can't binge a few episodes at a time.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:49 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's on HBO. Spoiled I can't binge a few episodes at a time.

That would be another reason I haven't heard of it. I lost HBO when I cut the cord a couple of months ago. No plan on picking up a stand alone subscription until the last GoT season arrives.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:51 pm

I thought I saw the first episode is free, but maybe you don't want to try that, in case you like it. Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:58 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:I thought I saw the first episode is free, but maybe you don't want to try that, in case you like it. Wink

Exactly. Free samples are how I got hooked on hookers and blow.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:I thought I saw the first episode is free, but maybe you don't want to try that, in case you like it. Wink

Exactly. Free samples are how I got hooked on hookers and blow.
tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 16 502811600 Coach Pitino, is that you?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Caught it today. Kind of an absurd premise, but the 1st episode was entertaining.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Caught it today. Kind of an absurd premise, but the 1st episode was entertaining.
Absurd premise? Pylon, have you watched any other TV shows lately, or are you just a documentary viewer? Wink
Just about everything on TV relies on an absurd premise. My wife loves Hawaii 5-0, talk about absurd.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:07 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Absurd premise? Pylon, have you watched any other TV shows lately, or are you just a documentary viewer? Wink
Just about everything on TV relies on an absurd premise. My wife loves Hawaii 5-0, talk about absurd.

Good show though
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Watching the new season/revival of Roseanne. Pretty funny so far.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Death Roe wrote:Watching the new season/revival of Roseanne. Pretty funny so far.

Stop, you're encouraging them. We'll never have anything original again.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:24 pm

The laugh track makes it funny
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Death Roe wrote:The laugh track makes it funny

CBS laugh track > ABC laugh track.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 pm

I've never seen an episode of that show.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I've never seen an episode of that show.

Oh man you are missing out. BTW someone let Barney in the choir this afternoon and he had to take music lessons, it didn't go well.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:41 pm

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I've never seen an episode of that show.

Oh man you are missing out. BTW someone let Barney in the choir this afternoon and he had to take music lessons, it didn't go well.

I don't know what night it was on back in the day but it must have been one of my bowling nights.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next