Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-24, 22:00

Is that kid appropriate Floyd? Just saw a screenshot of it today. My son loves the Pirates otC movies and thought he might dig it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-24, 22:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is that kid appropriate Floyd? Just saw a screenshot of it today. My son loves the Pirates otC movies and thought he might dig it.

That would be negative. A lot of naked women.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-24, 22:04

At some point he’s going to see a naked body. I saw 300 with a parent in theater look how i turned out, cmon
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-24, 22:13

I heard multiple babies crying when watching "Alien: Covenant" in theaters. Awesome.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-24, 22:39

Death Roe wrote:I heard multiple babies crying when watching "Alien: Covenant" in theaters. Awesome.

I heard a mom singing Stuck in the Middle With You to her four year old during the torture scene of Reservoir Dogs.

Just kidding. But I could imagine that happening these days. cyclops
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-24, 22:40

So, just started "Handmaid's Tale". That shit is fucked up.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-25, 00:10

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, just started "Handmaid's Tale". That shit is fucked up.

Find the old movie with Robert Duvall. Its pretty damn close to the book and really well done.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-25, 04:17

Baby driver is so bad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-25, 07:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is that kid appropriate Floyd? Just saw a screenshot of it today. My son loves the Pirates otC movies and thought he might dig it.

And a lot of violence and gore. Definitely not for kids.

I liked it, Floyd. I actually thought it got better as the series went on. It is cool how they interweave real life pirates and some of their historical stories with the fictional characters from Treasure Island.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-25, 08:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, just started "Handmaid's Tale". That shit is fucked up.
My wife and I watched that this summer. We loved it. Can't wait for the next season. They have a way of cranking up the fucked upness as it goes on.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-25, 09:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

And a lot of violence and gore.  Definitely not for kids.

I liked it, Floyd.  I actually thought it got better as the series went on.  It is cool how they interweave real life pirates and some of their historical stories with the fictional characters from Treasure Island.

That keelhauling scene... Jesus.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-25, 10:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

And a lot of violence and gore. Definitely not for kids.

I liked it, Floyd. I actually thought it got better as the series went on. It is cool how they interweave real life pirates and some of their historical stories with the fictional characters from Treasure Island.

Don't forget that Skinamax hot lesbian sex too
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-25, 16:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
And a lot of violence and gore.  Definitely not for kids.

I liked it, Floyd.  I actually thought it got better as the series went on.  It is cool how they interweave real life pirates and some of their historical stories with the fictional characters from Treasure Island.

That keelhauling scene... Jesus.
Don't be weak.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-27, 22:52

Latest episode of BCS featured 2 minutes of Jimmy painting a window and 10 minutes of Mike getting frustrated during his group therapy.

Shoot em up was cool though
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-27, 23:08

Wondering if Kim wrote the letter from Chuck to Jimmy and threw the real one away
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-27, 23:09

Going to watch the sharp objects finale tonight.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-27, 23:50

Death Roe wrote:Wondering if Kim wrote the letter from Chuck to Jimmy and threw the real one away

I don't think so. Initially I thought Jimmy was making it up on the fly. I think Kim is realizing the Jimmy > Saul transition is happening and is trying to stop it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-28, 00:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Going to watch the sharp objects finale tonight.

Woo!!! Great season solid ending. 7.5/10
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-28, 01:02

Death Roe wrote:Wondering if Kim wrote the letter from Chuck to Jimmy and threw the real one away

I wondered the same thing. Mrs. GW and WBH agree that probably not. Can’t wait to stick it in their faces. Stick it!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-28, 08:48

Yeah
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tek Jansen 2018-08-28, 10:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Going to watch the sharp objects finale tonight.

Woo!!! Great season solid ending. 7.5/10

Agreed, a good story thrilling through the end. Now I think I'm going to go back and check out Big Little Lies - same director.
Tek Jansen
Tek Jansen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-28, 11:09

Does BLL get faster throughout the episodes? I watched the first one with my fiancee and I honestly almost fell asleep. It dragged as badly as the book did.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-28, 11:20

Death Roe wrote:Does BLL get faster throughout the episodes? I watched the first one with my fiancee and I honestly almost fell asleep. It dragged as badly as the book did.

No, it basically sucked. I don't get the hype.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-08-28, 12:35

Ultraviolet on Netflix. Polish series with subtitles

If you are interested in The Premier League, Amazon Prime has All or Nothing about Manchester City's soccer club that's very good
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-28, 13:15

sorry, what's BLL?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-28, 13:46

Just started Ozark after I heard good reviews.
When it first came out someone said it sucked so I didn't bother.

I'm susceptible to influence on this sort of thing apparently.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-28, 14:03

Castle Rock is getting weird. I'm not sure how many episodes are in this series but Hulu is releasing an episode a week. The 8th one is coming up. If this is anything like a typical Stephen King book the ending is going to suck ass.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tek Jansen 2018-08-28, 14:23

Rocinante wrote:sorry, what's BLL?

Big Little Lies - HBO show with a bunch of big names that won some shit last year and has a second season coming.
Tek Jansen
Tek Jansen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-28, 15:00

Oh I meant Sharp Objects. Does it ever speed up or is it a super slow burn like the first episode?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tek Jansen 2018-08-28, 15:25

Death Roe wrote:Oh I meant Sharp Objects. Does it ever speed up or is it a super slow burn like the first episode?

Super slow burn the whole time. If you were falling asleep in the first, you've either gotta be interested in the story or just let it go. Things happen but it's 8 episodes of setting a mood, basically a sweltering hot summer day in Missouri that smells like shit. (I enjoyed it though.)
Tek Jansen
Tek Jansen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-28, 15:48

Death Roe wrote:Oh I meant Sharp Objects. Does it ever speed up or is it a super slow burn like the first episode?

It's not a rock movie, death roe.

Wink

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=19425
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25