Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-06, 13:09

InTenSity wrote:Anyone watch Rain on Netflix? I'm almost done and I think its only 8 episodes long. Its not too bad. I did have to switch to Danish with English subtitiles.
Things got pretty dark in Ep 5 or 6 though.

Only through one episode. Seems interesting enough to keep watching.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-06, 13:28

InTenSity wrote:Anyone watch Rain on Netflix? I'm almost done and I think its only 8 episodes long. Its not too bad. I did have to switch to Danish with English subtitiles.
Things got pretty dark in Ep 5 or 6 though.

I actually put that in my queue a few days ago, so I appreciate your thoughts on it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-06, 13:52

Quick synapses. The beginning reminds me of any post apocalyptic future. Some type of disease is unleashed on the world and only a few survive. There is some background given on the characters, so they do develop. It isn't too long that I started getting too bored with it.
When I say something took a dark turn, I don't mean that suddenly there was a machete waving masked man killing everyone by a lake. I just mean that a couple of the 'realities' in proportion to the show turned dark IMO.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-07, 10:51

The Girl in the Spider's Web trailer: Claire Foy is your new Lisbeth Salander

Quite a departure from playing her Majesty in "The Crown".
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-07, 13:00

Re-watching Rome since it popped up on Amazon. First time I've watched since the original run. Good show. Love me some Titus Puolo
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-06-07, 14:17

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Re-watching Rome since it popped up on Amazon. First time I've watched since the original run. Good show. Love me some Titus Puolo
Yeah, I plan on re-watching that soon. Lately, I've been re-watching Deadwood from time to time when I have a chance. Re-watching it just reaffirms how incredible Ian McShane is. One of the best characters, casting, and acting jobs ever.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-07, 14:33

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Re-watching Rome since it popped up on Amazon. First time I've watched since the original run. Good show. Love me some Titus Puolo
Yeah, I plan on re-watching that soon.  Lately, I've been re-watching Deadwood from time to time when I have a chance.  Re-watching it just reaffirms how incredible Ian McShane is.  One of the best characters, casting, and acting jobs ever.

I tried watching Deadwood on-demand when I had an HBO subscription. I got maybe 4-5 episodes in and gave up, mostly because I got tired of McShane's character saying "cocksucker" all the time. I'm definitely not above salty language, but it seemed like after the 2nd or 3rd time the shock value wore off and it was just lazy writing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-07, 15:01

Drove from Spearfish to Deadwood ten years ago. Gorgeous drive and not very long. Totally touristy, but still fun. I loved Spearfish more because there was little there except nature.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-06-09, 23:22

Not sure i ever watched the entire duration of American made in one sitting. Not the biggest Cruz fan but solid
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-11, 08:53

That Paris documentary on the terrorist attacks the night of the France/Germany soccer game was pretty good. I think the same French guys that did the 9/11 doc did this as well. The story of the hostages in the Bataclan was nuts.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-12, 23:17

Anybody watch Billions this season? I watched first two but heard this season kind of shit the bed
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-14, 09:51

I'm reading this older Bourdain interview that resurfaced this week. I never watched his shows at all but all of the chatter after his death about them has me intrigued. In this interview they are talking about bad kitchen movies and the conversation morphs into Road House and how Bourdain loves Roadhouse....then into how they're remaking it with Rousey and how he would love to write dialog for it. Then this quote, which legit made me LOL. As Mr. Rod Allen would say....I see you Bourdain.

Like if the producers added in kitchen scenes?
Bourdain: Yeah, in a hot second. Are you kidding me? I would do that for anybody. You know, rewrite. Somebody just did a really shitty job on this kitchen movie that we just did. Can you fix the dialogue? Yes, yes, I can. I promise you I can do that. Or you know, write some kitchen scenes for John Wick 4. Fuck, yeah. There's a John Wick 2 coming soon, which I am super-excited about. As a jiu-jitsu guy, it's like crack for me. I think it was the greatest, really, one of the greatest films of last year. It creates its own world. There's no plot, it's perfect. They killed my dog, so I'm going to go kill everybody. That's a plot. It's my kind of plot.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-14, 10:29

I wonder how creepy Tim Burton will make Dumbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhYLW2Lwrk
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-06-14, 12:17

DWags wrote:I wonder how creepy Tim Burton will make Dumbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhYLW2Lwrk

Before watching, what parts do Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter play?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-14, 13:19

I finished the Rain. Not bad, not great. Reminds me of a mix of Walking Dead and a vampire movie, without the zombies or vampires though. Plus throw in a little bit of Resident Evil.
I also finished The Room, or whatever that movie is about the worst movie ever made. It was entertaining. Took me 3 days to finish.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-14, 13:26

InTenSity wrote:I finished the Rain. Not bad, not great. Reminds me of a mix of Walking Dead and a vampire movie, without the zombies or vampires though. Plus throw in a little bit of Resident Evil.
I also finished The Room, or whatever that movie is about the worst movie ever made. It was entertaining. Took me 3 days to finish.

I'm gonna have to get back to Rain later. I'm currently on a Parts Unknown marathon.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-14, 13:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I finished the Rain. Not bad, not great. Reminds me of a mix of Walking Dead and a vampire movie, without the zombies or vampires though. Plus throw in a little bit of Resident Evil.

I'm gonna have to get back to Rain later. I'm currently on a Parts Unknown marathon.

Can you beat 8 episodes in the last two days?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-14, 13:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Nope. I'm averaging one or two a day after we get the kid put down to sleep. tWife is gonna get sick of it before too much longer. I'll never get through the whole series before it gets taken off of Netflix.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-06-14, 14:08

The movie about the movie The Room is called The Disaster Artist.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-14, 14:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Nope. I'm averaging one or two a day after we get the kid put down to sleep. tWife is gonna get sick of it before too much longer. I'll never get through the whole series before it gets taken off of Netflix.

Watching it the last couple of days has made me wonder why I never watched it before and I have no answer for that. I'm starting to question a lot of my decisions now.

Also, Netflix has extended it's availability for now, without a published ending date.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-14, 14:48

Watched Commuter. Liam Neeson needs to bleach his teeth. They’re the color of dusk.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-14, 15:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Watching it the last couple of days has made me wonder why I never watched it before and I have no answer for that. I'm starting to question a lot of my decisions now.

Also, Netflix has extended it's availability for now, without a published ending date.

Oh cool. I didn't know that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-14, 15:23

tGreenWay wrote:Watched Commuter. Liam Neeson needs to bleach his teeth. They’re the color of dusk.

These Trix. I'm led to understand that they're exclusively for kids. Is that correct?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-14, 15:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Oh cool. I didn't know that.

It just happened yesterday. Credit to tGreenWay for that little tip.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-14, 16:05

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 19 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-14, 16:19

Rocinante wrote:The movie about the movie The Room is called The Disaster Artist.
I just couldn't recall it! Overall I liked it. Tommy Wisau or whatever his name is, crazy that no one knows anything about him, even now. Especially with the amount of info that is out there. To as wealthy as he is and nothing known about him.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-14, 18:56

Doesn't look like I'll be watching shit tonight because some construction crew somewhere sliced through WOW's internet backbone for a third of the country. Fuckers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-06-21, 19:48

Molly’s Game. Super solid flick. Well worth the 5 buck rental. Well paced, great dialogue, based on true story. Skier turned poker chick with great rack. Highly recommend.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-21, 20:03

I enjoyed that movie by-tor. Not something I'll watch multiple times, but I'd watch it again.
Anyone looking for bloody violence on Netflix, find headshot. Foreign film, martial Arts, action filled and the plot is decent enough to keep you watching.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-21, 20:08

I'm about 20 episodes into Lost. It's entertaining. It really hasn't gripped me and me binge it, but I watch an episode pretty much every night after the kids go to bed.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-21, 20:16

Detroiters Season 2 Premieres tonight at 10 on Comedy Central. Worth it if you either A)have a goofy sense of humor or B)have any ties to Metro Detroit. Funny show. Sam and Tim are delightful idiots.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-21, 20:33

Red Sparrow was pretty good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-06-21, 22:24

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was awesome. Easily the best JP film outside of the GOAT first.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-21, 22:31

This is hilarious.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-06-21, 23:43

I think I'm going to binge that show
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-29, 13:58

Molly’s Game was surprisingly good. A very interesting story that was based on true events. Plus, Jessica Chastain has big breasts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-29, 14:57

tGreenWay wrote:Molly’s Game was surprisingly good. A very interesting story that was based on true events. Plus, Jessica Chastain has big breasts.

I watched it with my wife about 2 months ago. I found it to be very good. I like those type of movies, the ones that tell a story, but there seems to be less and less of them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-29, 15:27

I like them, too. Hollywood seems to be generally lazy and scared.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-29, 15:31

btw: I was shocked to learn (after the movie) who Player X was IRL. Kind of blew my mind to find out he’s a sociopath.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-29, 15:40

Going to see JW tomorrow night, my first time in the theater since 2013's Star Trek. Technically that's not quite true, I went to church in an emagine theater a couple of months ago, but that's a long story.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next