Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence?

+10
NigelUno
kingstonlake
AnomanderRake
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
DWags
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? Empty Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence?

Post by DWags Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:17 am

I for one am shocked by this development. I guess we'll pay for it and ask Mexico for the money later now.

Now I guess we have to pay for it with tax payer dollars but will somehow get them back, yeah, that's it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? Empty Re: Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:19 am

I thought the wall was a metaphor. Dude told me so.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? Empty Re: Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence?

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:37 am

A metaphor like the saving squirrels in that retirement commercial or an unintentional one?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 am

GRR Spartan wrote:A metaphor like the saving squirrels in that retirement commercial or an unintentional one?

I'm not sure. Let me consult Breitbart and get back to you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 am

California won't allow the wall to be built in there state. It's just a pipe dream from a complete nutter.

He's spouting off about it today to control the narrative in the press.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:07 pm

steveschneider wrote:California won't allow the wall to be built in there state. It's just a pipe dream from a complete nutter.

So maybe he could build it and when he gets past Arizona he could make Mexico turn it directly south and go down the Golf of California and make them swim from Mazatlan to like La paz and then walk the rest of the way up that penninsula
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm

deplorables.. if you need the definition for the word "duped", here it is:

dupe1
d(y)o͞op/
verb
past tense: duped; past participle: duped

deceive; trick.
"the newspaper was duped into publishing an untrue story"
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:13 pm

oh - and if you need the definition of the word "definition", here that is:

def·i·ni·tion
ˌdefəˈniSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: definition; plural noun: definitions

a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:14 pm

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:California won't allow the wall to be built in there state. It's just a pipe dream from a complete nutter.

So maybe he could build it and when he gets past Arizona he could make Mexico turn it directly south and go down the Golf of California and make them swim from Mazatlan to like La paz and then walk the rest of the way up that penninsula

Dwags, you need a job on his staff. This is exactly the type of vision he needs to make this beautiful wall.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? 3493939353

Law and order is finally here fellas. What a fucking disaster Clinton would have been.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:30 pm

The_Dude wrote:Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? 3493939353

Law and order is finally here fellas. What a fucking disaster Clinton would have been.

Law and order like that time Trump stood on stage with John Gotti a felon?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? C5c0g51UoAEy7E9
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:16 pm

And boosting the military spending. When a bond is passed for a school district the smart ones take a step back and think that if you build, you must man what you build, take into account up keep and custodian fees as well as utility increase. Building a fence has to be supplemented by increased security on this huge boarder. Infrastructure upgrades military upgrades tax cuts. I'm intrigued as to how it works. Especially with paying down the debt. Will be interesting.

Last edited by DWags on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Guess all that talk about fiscal responsibility as the keystone of conservative economics was political bullshit.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:02 pm

LOL - lose the argument about the wall - immediate swerve to "saving $$" which never matters under a Dem.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:10 pm

DWags wrote:And boosting the military spending. When a bond is passed for a school district the smart ones take a step back and think that if you build, you must man what you build, take into account up keep and custodian fees as well as utility increase. Building a fence has to be supplemented by increased security on this huge boarder. Infrastructure upgrades military upgrades tax cuts. I'm intrigued as to how it works. Especially with paying down the debt. Will be interesting.

And add 10,000 new ICE agents. This country is in for a recession and inflation like we haven't seen in most of our lifetimes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:LOL - lose the argument about the wall - immediate swerve to "saving $$" which never matters under a Dem.

When in control, the GOP spends like there's no tomorrow, then the Dems have to come in and act like the bad guy grownups calling off the party. Trump's travel and security budget-busters is only the first example. But those at CPAC interviewed either didn't believe it (didn't want to) or didn't care (because it's a Connie in charge).
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:01 pm

You do realize that the US added more debt under Obama than ALL previous presidents combined??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:44 pm

LooseGoose wrote:You do realize that the US added more debt under Obama than ALL previous presidents combined??

Jesus. Had we not accumulated debt, it might have been a depression. But again, this guy ran on the platform of eliminating it. I'm not saying he won't but as of now, he's saying things that at best, seem mathematicaly antithetical to doing that. I fully admit I'm not an economist. And goose, we get you'll always place Obama at fault or he did it first or he's worse . It's at the point that you're not frustrating anymore I just kind of feel bad we can't talk about how this guy will meet his pledges he's made on his merit instead of Obamas administration. You aren't capable of that. And that's fine. Do what you have to do here. You've actually become not worth reading. Much more fun on the sports side. I'll try to keep it there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:53 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:You do realize that the US added more debt under Obama than ALL previous presidents combined??

Jesus. Had we not accumulated debt, it might have been a depression. But again, this guy ran on the platform of eliminating it. I'm not saying he won't but as of now, he's saying things that at best, seem mathematicaly antithetical to doing that. I fully admit I'm not an economist. And goose, we get you'll always place Obama at fault or he did it first or he's worse . It's at the point that you're not frustrating anymore I just kind of feel bad we can't talk about how this guy will meet his pledges he's made on his merit instead of Obamas administration. You aren't capable of that. And that's fine. Do what you have to do here. You've actually become not worth reading. Much more fun on the sports side. I'll try to keep it there.

Goose is like a doll with a pull string. He only has a few canned responses. Most everyone here has given up trying to ever have an honest debate with him.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 am

Congress has just as much if not more responsibility for our spending than the Executive branch.

The Obama administration and congress lowered the annual deficit at least. I'll always blame Bush and the congress during his administration for blowing up our national debt though. Tax cuts + wars = bad idea.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:08 am

Trump promises to build a border wall between Mexico and the US and says Mexico will pay for it.

Mexico's President says they aren't paying for wall.

Trump directs transition team to tell Congress to start appropriations process to pay for the wall

I post that all the GOP  talk of fiscal responsibility was bullshit since that was page one from the song book for the last 8 years yet we heard no objections from the GOP Congress about this appropriation.

Goose's next post is about debt accumulated during the Obama administration.  

The thread was about who will end up paying for a wall Trump talked about at least 2 dozen times during the campaign and he also said Mexico would pay for the wall almost everytime Trump talked about it.

Then Goose wants to bring up "dems" and debt while Obama was President.  

The thread is about the wall Trump talked about and promsed.  The thread is about who will pay for the wall. The GOP is the majority party in Congress and the GOP controls the appropriations committee.

No time in the last 8 years did President Obama propose a border wall between the US and Mexico.  At no time during his administration did he request the House Appropriatins committee to arrange funding for a border wall like the one President Trump promised would be built with Mexico paying for it.

What President Obama did propose multiple time was a major Federal program to rebuild our country's infrastructure including roads, bridges, water and sewer systems.  For the last 6 years of the Obama Presidency he was told  those proposals were too expensive and they were rejected by the GOP majority House.  They never got out of committee because the GOP fiscal conservatives said it was an expense too great for the budget.

The thread is about a border wall and who will pay for it.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 am

Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? 46299648

Goose doesn't stay on topic?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:15 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? 46299648

Goose doesn't stay on topic?
umm.. Obama..?!?! Wait, Trump is gonna ask congress to build the wall/fence? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:15 am

Concerning the wall that will never get built. Trump will try to spin that the bad hombres who the wall was designed to keep out, are now the responsibility of Mexico and the money we saved by not chasing down bad hombre's is in reality is Mexico paying for it.

But it's never gonna get built, so moot point.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:30 am

kingstonlake wrote:Concerning the wall that will never get built. Trump will try to spin that the bad hombres who the wall was designed to keep out, are now the responsibility of Mexico and the money we saved by not chasing down bad hombre's is in reality is Mexico paying for it.

but.. I voted for him because a) I wanted to keep brown people out of America and b) in hopes that Hillary would be locked up for her role in killing those 4 brave Americans in Benghazi with her email account.

you're not suggesting that I've been duped are you?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

Goose is like a doll with a pull string. He only has a few canned responses. Most everyone here has given up trying to ever have an honest debate with him.

Well there are only so many facts. I guess I could give more varied answers if I just made things up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:57 am

kingstonlake wrote:Concerning the wall that will never get built. Trump will try to spin that the bad hombres who the wall was designed to keep out, are now the responsibility of Mexico and the money we saved by not chasing down bad hombre's is in reality is Mexico paying for it.

Would you say the same thing about the hundreds of miles of wall that past Presidents/Congresses have had built?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Would you say the same thing about the hundreds of miles of wall that past Presidents/Congresses have had built?

Is Trump going to make Mexico pay for that also? With interest?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Build the wall! Someday...
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:11 am

It sounds like we can't build the wall without a mass extinction event. This guy claims the birds and bats can't fly over it.

MSNBC Hypes Argument That Trump Border Wall's a 'Terrible Obstacle' for Birds and Bats!

It’s poised to cut through more than 1200 miles of habitat along the border between the United States and Mexico. There are over 90 threatened and criticallly endangered species that are in the crosshairs because of this wall. And we’ve got over 100 migratory birds that will be impacted by this wall.
Yep - them smart people watch MSNBC.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:13 am

LooseGoose wrote:It sounds like we can't build the wall without a mass extinction event. This guy claims the birds and bats can't fly over it.

MSNBC Hypes Argument That Trump Border Wall's a 'Terrible Obstacle' for Birds and Bats!

It’s poised to cut through more than 1200 miles of habitat along the border between the United States and Mexico. There are over 90 threatened and criticallly endangered species that are in the crosshairs because of this wall. And we’ve got over 100 migratory birds that will be impacted by this wall.

Great, birds won't be able to get over it, but you know it's not going to stop one damn Mexican drug dealing bad hombre from going under it.

When does Mexico cut the check for it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:16 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:It sounds like we can't build the wall without a mass extinction event. This guy claims the birds and bats can't fly over it.

Great, birds won't be able to get over it, but you know it's not going to stop one damn Mexican drug dealing bad hombre from going under it.

who cares about birds and Mexican drug dealing..

the important part will be that it's a monument to the sexual predator's toddler ego. That's worth the millions/billions of dollars right there.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:25 am

DWags wrote:

Knowing about the bird deaths I doubt our President will build it. His compassion for the little winged animals will stop him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Strange.....George Clooney seems to be in favor of fences....when it's HIS fence.

George Clooney Lashes Out at Paparazzi Photos of Twins

George Clooney has fired back at paparazzi pictures of his twin babies with wife Amal. The pictures were plastered on the cover of France's Voici magazine and are making the rounds online.

“Over the last week photographers from Voici magazine scaled our fence, climbed our tree and illegally took pictures of our infants inside our home," George Clooney said in a statement. "Make no mistake the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The safety of our children demands it."

Amazingly hypocritical.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Everybody is a hypocrite except those who who support the Pussy Grabber who's living in The White House.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Again no counterfactual.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:05 am

I think we need to understand the difference between private personal property (like a pussy or a home) and a democracy with a really bad habit of enforcing law's.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:24 am

LooseGoose wrote:Strange.....George Clooney seems to be in favor of fences....when it's HIS fence.

George Clooney has fired back at paparazzi pictures of his twin babies with wife Amal. The pictures were plastered on the cover of France's Voici magazine and are making the rounds online.

“Over the last week photographers from Voici magazine scaled our fence, climbed our tree and illegally took pictures of our infants inside our home," George Clooney said in a statement. "Make no mistake the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The safety of our children demands it."

Amazingly hypocritical.

It's actually not since this is just like when people like you talk about the national debt as if it's a credit card. They're simply not the same thing. It's macro vs micro and it's important to understand there are differences. Not all fences and walls are equally useful. I used to think you understood things like that but now I'm not so sure.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Strange.....George Clooney seems to be in favor of fences....when it's HIS fence.

Amazingly hypocritical.

Goose, for fuck's sake. I don't know if you think you're scoring points in whatever game it is you're playing by doing this, but you ought to know that the only practical effect of such a post is to make you look silly.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next