Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks

+2
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
6 posters

Go down

More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks Empty More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Yeah, he's changing things alright. More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks 1494614055

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368124-trump-calls-on-congress-to-bring-back-earmarks?amp
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks Empty Re: More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:46 pm

This will fuck with his base... probably... maybe. Who the fuck knows. I think his base is now down to people that only want to see liberals pissed off. So the Bee's of the world.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks Empty Re: More draining the swamp: Trump wants Congress to bring back earmarks

Post by Rocinante Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:55 pm

It may be related that after congress eliminated earmarks, they stopped doing literally anything.

I'm not saying he's right, just noting the correlation.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Rocinante wrote:It may be related that after congress eliminated earmarks, they stopped doing literally anything.

I'm not saying he's right, just noting the correlation.
I think you're on to something. It was easier to 'reach across the aisle' when you could bring some good ole pork back to the district for your trouble.
Hopefully they can find a better way, but I'm not holding my breath.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Jeff Flake told Jake Tapper last hour that Republicans would be unwise to bring back earmarks, noting it's what cost the GOP a Congressional majority in 2006. I doubt Trump's idea goes anywhere. I do think it's laughable that Mr. Drain the Swamp wants to use pork to bribe members of Congress to vote in his favor. That man is a damn fool.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Trump wants Congress to be an ATM machine for his base and Red States.

More small government conservatism at work.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 am

Everyday it's always something.  Way too much drama surrounding this guy.

Was watching Anderson Cooper earlier tonight showing the video with all the Congressional leaders from both sides on the immigration issue.  My reaction is that this a good thing.  Get all the sides together, talk over the issuses, and try to resolve the problem.  So I tried to give him credit for bringing this together and thought that maybe he's showing a little leadership going into this.

So Trump went into the meeting with on one side of the DACA, made very clear by his tweets recently, then when Sen. Feinstein spoke, completely did a 180, then immediately changed to another position 180 from Feinstein's proposal after Rep. McCarthy spoke, then added even more to his.  All in the matter of literally a minute.  3 positions, some totally contradicting each other all in a minute.  And somehow the Mexicans are going to pay for this.  Yeah, that's leadership in action.

My point is he'll change his mind on this earmark shit too.  And that's the problem with this asshat.  No one knows where he stands on almost everything, except the good people carrying tkee torches. He has no problem standing firmly with them.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down