Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

+27
aualum06
Stoops21
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
Vlad
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
kingstonlake
1adam12
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Steve81
green night
FupaTuba
NigelUno
Nordic
The_Dude
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
Three_Putt_Par
DWags
tanfan!
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Clarett's Folly
Herbie Green
31 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Empty tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

Post by Guest 12/21/2016, 3:09 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 14m14 minutes ago
Twelve Pro Bowlers were "0-star" recruits out of HS and 7 more were "two-star" guys: No sure thing knowomg who--or when someone may blossom.

Jake SteinbergVerified account ‏@Steiny31
37 of the 44 Pro Bowler's were 3-star or lower recruits. Don't let a system define you. Stars don't measure heart.

None of this means anything with respect to winning in college football. Alabama has the top rated recruiting classes every year and, guess what, they win every year.

Except for the 1 title in nearly 30 years from 1980-2008 - it takes coaching and players. They have both right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

Post by Herbie Green 12/21/2016, 3:13 pm

I wish an MSU, TCU, etc.. could have broken through to break that narrative. They got pretty damn close. Even Bama can have a "down" year where it can happen.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

Post by Clarett's Folly 12/21/2016, 3:20 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 14m14 minutes ago
Twelve Pro Bowlers were "0-star" recruits out of HS and 7 more were "two-star" guys: No sure thing knowomg who--or when someone may blossom.

Jake SteinbergVerified account ‏@Steiny31
37 of the 44 Pro Bowler's were 3-star or lower recruits. Don't let a system define you. Stars don't measure heart.

None of this means anything with respect to winning in college football. Alabama has the top rated recruiting classes every year and, guess what, they win every year.

I think there's a little bit of a chicken/egg thing going on there. You get an offer from Bama and you're automatically a 3-to-4 star in the services' eyes.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/21/2016, 9:39 pm

Swill writer Chris Solari tries to cheer everyone up in this piece for the Free Press.

Still plenty of targets for Michigan State's 2017 recruiting class

Here’s a look at 10 players (listed alphabetically) who are strongly on the Spartans’ radar in the final month and a half before then:

LYNN BOWDEN, ATH, Warren G. Harding High (Warren, Ohio): Kurelic called Bowden “a tremendously talented athlete.” The Spartans, Kentucky and Penn State are in on the running back/receiver/former QB after he decommitted from Indiana.

YUSUF CORKER, CB, Woodland High (Stockbridge, Ga.): Three-star recruit Corker has the Spartans as one of his five finalists, along with Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee and South Carolina. He visited MSU on Dec. 3.

KOBY CUMBERLANDER, DE, Roswell High (Ga.): MSU offered Cumberlander a scholarship this week shortly before Irving-Bey picked U-M, and the two-star Georgia product said on Twitter that the offer came “from my dream school.” He also is reportedly weighing offers from Iowa State, Kansas State and Central Florida.

DANNY DAVIS, WR/RB, Springfield High (Ohio): MSU, Kentucky and Wisconsin are battling for the four-star product, and Washington State recently extended an offer. He told the Springfield (Ohio) News-Sun that he doesn’t plan to announce his decision until signing day on Feb. 1.

JAYLEN HARRIS, WR, Cleveland Heights High (Ohio): One of MSU’s top targets, the four-star wideout’s decision could depend on if Ohio State extends an offer. If the Buckeyes balk, Kurelic said it could come down to the Spartans and Penn State for Ohio’s No. 6 overall senior prospect. “I think Michigan State’s got a really good chance there,” Kurelic said. “He’s anything but a B-level prospect – he’s one of the top 5 receivers in the Midwest.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/24/2016, 8:57 pm

QB/S from Hudsonville.....

Allen Trieu ‏@AllenTrieu 2h2 hours ago
Allen Trieu Retweeted Jack Mandryk
#MSU picks up an in-state preferred walk-on: http://www.scout.com/player/213477-jack-mandryk/news?year=2016&s=449 …

Jack Mandryk ‏@JackMandryk
Excited to announce that I will be getting my education and playing football at Michigan State University! #GoGreen
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 12/24/2016, 9:02 pm

LooseGoose wrote:QB/S from Hudsonville.....

#MSU picks up an in-state preferred walk-on: http://www.scout.com/player/213477-jack-mandryk/news?year=2016&s=449 …

Excited to announce that I will be getting my education and playing football at Michigan State University! #GoGreen

IB4 snark.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/24/2016, 9:08 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:QB/S from Hudsonville.....

IB4 snark.

lol, thought of that - then thought that this kid is coming in just like Jack Conklin. A PWO - or an underrated QB from western MI , we did ok with one of those too.

He's living his dream and doing much more than any asshole that would make fun of him here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 12/24/2016, 9:14 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

IB4 snark.

lol, thought of that - then thought that this kid is coming in just like Jack Conklin. A PWO - or an underrated QB from western MI , we did ok with one of those too.

He's living his dream and doing much more than any asshole that would make fun of him here.

So much truth in that, but it won't matter one iota to those who enjoy being, well, themselves.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 12/24/2016, 9:56 pm

CB Yusuf Corker will be announcing his commitment tomorrow on his birthday. It's between MSU, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vandy. He is a big, fast, skilled kid. Most people think it will be Tennessee, but he did have an official visit to MSU a few weeks ago and apparently loved it. My Cristal Ballz are predicting he's a Volunteer because #2016 isn't over.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 12/24/2016, 9:59 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:CB Yusuf Corker will be announcing his commitment tomorrow on his birthday. It's between MSU, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vandy. He is a big, fast, skilled kid. Most people think it will be Tennessee, but he did have an official visit to MSU a few weeks ago and apparently loved it. My Cristal Ballz are predicting he's a Volunteer because #2016 isn't over.

In the end I don't think it matters, but I think his announcement is the 26th.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 12/24/2016, 10:05 pm

Ah yes, it is the 26th. For some reason was thinking it was the 25th. Makes no sense but it was what was going on in my mind at the time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/25/2016, 9:25 am

Michigan State ‏@Michigan_State 1h1 hour ago
Hudsonville’s Jack Mandryk headed to Michigan State as preferred walk-on http://bit.ly/2irB4Dh #Spartans

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 C0hleHYUoAAA5Xr
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 12/25/2016, 9:58 am

The last preferred walk-on from West Michigan was Jack Conklin and that turned out pretty well.
Now I am not predicting Mandryk will be a top 10 NFL pick but lets just say that Dantonio knows a little something about recruiting and developing championship level talent.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 12/25/2016, 10:04 am

Herbie Green wrote:The last preferred walk-on from West Michigan was Jack Conklin and that turned out pretty well.
Now I am not predicting Mandryk will be a top 10 NFL pick but lets just say that Dantonio knows a little something about recruiting and developing championship level talent.

I agree, but the sad thing about what is happening is MSU is back to 2007 level rebuild type of recruiting. It only took one horrible season to get back to that level if not worse. Find those diamonds in the rough and coach them up. MSU got to championship level playing by landing guys like Lawrence Thomas, Malik, and other five star players from Detroit that played well with the 2 and three stars that were coached up. I trust in MD, so I am going to see what happens next season. Lewerk showed he had great Cousins type touch. Throws a catchable ball and lays it in there over the top of the linebackers and DBs. Unlike O'Conner who tried to maxwell the throw with power on a straight line.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/25/2016, 10:30 am

tanfan! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:The last preferred walk-on from West Michigan was Jack Conklin and that turned out pretty well.

I agree, but the sad thing about what is happening is MSU is back to 2007 level rebuild type of recruiting. It only took one horrible season to get back to that level if not worse. Find those diamonds in the rough and coach them up. MSU got to championship level playing by landing guys like Lawrence Thomas, Malik, and other five star players from Detroit that played well with the 2 and three stars that were coached up. I trust in MD, so I am going to see what happens next season. Lewerk showed he had great Cousins type touch. Throws a catchable ball and lays it in there over the top of the linebackers and DBs. Unlike O'Conner who tried to maxwell the throw with power on a straight line.

I think our classes are better now than then. It's always tough when Michigan has a good year and all we are is inundated with news about their greatness. I don't think the level of rebuild and attitude adjustment is as great. But it's hard to see that when we had such a shitty year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 12/25/2016, 12:03 pm

tanfan! wrote:

Lawrence Thomas maybe, but even he was ultimately surpassed by lower rated recruits like Shillique and Marcus Rush.
Malik was a stud but ended up wrecking our program.
Fact is we haven't only built a program with lower rated recruits they've actually ended up outperforming their more highly regarded counterparts.
Also you're too old to fall for that recruiting subscription bullshit.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 12/26/2016, 3:07 pm

4 star CB Yusuf Corker picks Kentucky over Tennessee, MSU and So Carolina. Another whiff. Where's Vlad?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par 12/26/2016, 3:17 pm

How big is this class supposed to be?
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/26/2016, 3:21 pm

Three_Putt_Par wrote:How big is this class supposed to be?

23 or 24. We have 17 I think. Average star is fairly high but we need to find our Johnny Adams Denard and Wayne's soon because this defense needs them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 12/26/2016, 3:25 pm

BTW did you guys know Dantonio's birthday is

Wait for it

3-9

March 9th.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 12/26/2016, 3:47 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4 star CB Yusuf Corker picks Kentucky over Tennessee, MSU and So Carolina. Another whiff. Where's Vlad?

Kentucky over MSU? Did you mean to put this in the basketball thread?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/26/2016, 4:05 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4 star CB Yusuf Corker picks Kentucky over Tennessee, MSU and So Carolina. Another whiff. Where's Vlad?

Kentucky over MSU? Did you mean to put this in the basketball thread?

Lol ugh
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 12/27/2016, 11:02 am

Recruiting is such a joke. So this kid in interviews called this a "placeholder commitment" while he continues to take other visits. Wanted to 'reserve' his spot.

I am taking three more official visits. I'm still keeping my recruiting process open. This is just so I can secure a spot. Right now Kentucky's the best spot for me right now but I'll still take three of my official visits.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 12/27/2016, 11:43 am

Recruiting is such a colossal waste of time and money for schools.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 12/27/2016, 12:15 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:Recruiting is such a colossal waste of time and money for schools.

I agree completely, I do think we're on the low end considering the amount of national recruiting we do and our emphasis on having players visit us and camp here. I'd be interested to see how much some of the national brands spend.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 12/27/2016, 2:25 pm

So, is Yusuf related to the old Michigan Panthers (that's USFL for you younguns) LB John Corker?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 12/27/2016, 2:27 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:So, is Yusuf related to the old Michigan Panthers (that's USFL for you younguns) LB John Corker?

I'm pretty sure I don't know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 12/27/2016, 2:33 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:So, is Yusuf related to the old Michigan Panthers (that's USFL for you younguns) LB John Corker?

I'm pretty sure I don't know.

Me neither, or I wouldn't be asking.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 12/28/2016, 12:33 am

Kids a fan of MSU thats for sure, but whys his coach telling him to chill... seems odd.

This is from after the Minny game tonight...

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Captur15
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 12/28/2016, 12:36 am

MattyFresh wrote:Kids a fan of MSU thats for sure, but whys his coach telling him to chill... seems odd.

This is from after the Minny game tonight...

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Captur15

Holy cowski! A high school fb player has a twitter verified check mark?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 12/28/2016, 12:37 am

tGreenWay wrote:

disappointed this was not my takeaway... and shame on me for looking at a hs fb players tweet but the damn msu beat writers retweeted it.. i hate twitter.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 12/28/2016, 12:39 am

MattyFresh wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

disappointed this was not my takeaway... and shame on me for looking at a hs fb player but the damn msu beat writers retweeted it.. i hate twitter.

I refuse to let myself be bummed the kid chose the wrong school, so I went looking for anything but that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/28/2016, 12:40 am

MattyFresh wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

disappointed this was not my takeaway... and shame on me for looking at a hs fb players tweet but the damn msu beat writers retweeted it.. i hate twitter.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 FidZknJ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 12/28/2016, 12:41 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 FidZknJ

I'll go ahead and d_l_t_ my account
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 12/28/2016, 12:59 am

I think this kid based off of what I have read, has always been a Spartan at heart. Somewhere along the line someone convinced him that the smart play was becoming a blue, and he bought into that. Crooting sucks, these kids are strung along by so many individuals, both family, coaches, etc.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/29/2016, 12:41 pm

Trieu: Blackshear could fill Shelton-type role at MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/29/2016, 12:46 pm

Recruiting: Michigan State 'dream school' for Georgia defensive end
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/30/2016, 7:41 am

Recruiting: Michigan State stays busy despite dead period
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/2/2017, 1:51 pm

Coming in for a visit on 1/13

#6 ranked RB

Cordarrian Richardson

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/3/2017, 9:24 pm

Rico Beard ‏@RicoBeard 3h3 hours ago
Rico Beard Retweeted Robert Porcher IV
2017 4* DE Robert Porcher IV making an official visit to #MichiganState next weekend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next