Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+18
The_Dude
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
InTenSity
DWags
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
AnomanderRake
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
xsanguine
Herbie Green
Cameron
22 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-03, 22:59

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I think he's a lost cause for that.

Yep. You aren't born with hate. You're taught it.  

Maybe go back further in the childhood development timeline and teach him to be nice to other people no matter where they're from. If that can be accomplished then there's some hope he can learn geography.

But like you said... if his parents are spewing crap like that... good luck.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by DWags 2017-03-03, 23:02

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yep. You aren't born with hate. You're taught it.

Maybe go back further in the childhood development timeline and teach him to be nice to other people no matter where they're from. If that can be accomplished then there's some hope he can learn geography.

Best way to teach your kids geography when they're young is get a world map out on sundays and pick a region of the world and google a ethnic food from it then have them shop with you and cook it. They don't forget that shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-03, 23:17

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Best way to teach your kids geography when they're young is get a world map out on sundays and pick a region of the world and google a ethnic food from it then have them shop with you and cook it. They don't forget that shit.

Fantastic idea.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-04, 09:00

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 Hillary-la-La-Land
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-04, 09:44

LooseGoose wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 Hillary-la-La-Land

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 502811600

Please add the Michigan punter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-04, 17:14

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-04, 21:44

Moscow Don is pretty mad.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/322363-reports-trump-told-aides-sessions-shouldnt-have-recused-himself
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-04, 21:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Moscow Don is pretty mad.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/322363-reports-trump-told-aides-sessions-shouldnt-have-recused-himself

Wait, you're telling me Trump doesn't understand the concept of "conflict of interest?" That simply cannot be.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-05, 08:17

The more educated party.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 C6H5Z-vVMAECAsp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-05, 09:22

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 C6G9ES-U0AAIzsD
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-05, 11:05

LooseGoose wrote:The more educated party.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 C6H5Z-vVMAECAsp

I can't fap to this.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-06, 15:32

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/06/iran-launched-2-ballistic-missiles-us-officials-say.html

I thought Trump was supposed to be this Billy Badass regarding foreign policy. Iran is already "on notice". What's next? Double Secret Probation?

Guess that's just another thing he's failing at.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-06, 15:47

Trump is a busy guy. He has already filed his campaign paperwork for 2020 the day he was sworn in as President.

Did the rally in Florida feel like a campaign stop? It should have. Trump is officially a candidate. President Obama filed his re-election paperwork
in April of '07, about 19 months before the November general in '08. Trump filed on Jan 20 '17 for the Nov general election in 2020. Big head start for fundraisers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-07, 16:51

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 WMGcfPT
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-08, 08:37

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 C7X3T4

The Trump buffoonery really makes me miss this guy. And he knew how to nail a handshake too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-09, 16:12

And again the real world compared to the frantic panty bunching in here.....

SalenaZito‏Verified account @SalenaZito 8h8 hours ago
Watch the news or go on social media you'd think Trump's collapsing--talk to folks for miles & miles not even close

Trump’s voters have high hopes – even if they don’t expect miracles

MINGO JUNCTION, OHIO — Many people living in this town of used-to-be’s don’t expect their community will ever return to its glory days.

They don’t anticipate the return to a downtown of bustling businesses patronized by a well-paid middle class working at the Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel plant. They want a little fresh paint on the vacant buildings, to cover up the sorrows lining the main business district’s ironically named Commerce Street.

And they’re not expecting magic from President Trump.

“All we need is to invest in ourselves with some small businesses up and down the street, and we’ll be fine,” said Rich Grimm, a retired steel worker. Grimm is aspirational, pragmatic about the return of steel or coal jobs, and determined.

Thirty-two former businesses line both sides of Commerce Street. Heading west, two nonprofits and a post office are the only things open on the right-hand side; two bars and a dentist’s office are the only things open on the left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-09, 16:51

LooseGoose wrote:And again the real world compared to the frantic panty bunching in here.....

Watch the news or go on social media you'd think Trump's collapsing--talk to folks for miles & miles not even close

MINGO JUNCTION, OHIO — Many people living in this town of used-to-be’s don’t expect their community will ever return to its glory days.

They don’t anticipate the return to a downtown of bustling businesses patronized by a well-paid middle class working at the Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel plant. They want a little fresh paint on the vacant buildings, to cover up the sorrows lining the main business district’s ironically named Commerce Street.

And they’re not expecting magic from President Trump.

“All we need is to invest in ourselves with some small businesses up and down the street, and we’ll be fine,” said Rich Grimm, a retired steel worker. Grimm is aspirational, pragmatic about the return of steel or coal jobs, and determined.

Thirty-two former businesses line both sides of Commerce Street. Heading west, two nonprofits and a post office are the only things open on the right-hand side; two bars and a dentist’s office are the only things open on the left.

I read the article Goose. I'm struggling to see what Trump deserves credit for in this story. Anticipated tax/regulation reform? Keeping Mexicans out of Ohio? Help me out here.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-09, 16:57

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:And again the real world compared to the frantic panty bunching in here.....

I read the article Goose. I'm struggling to see what Trump deserves credit for in this story. Anticipated tax/regulation reform? Keeping Mexicans out of Ohio? Help me out here.

I don't know that there's much of anything other than the hope and optimism they have. Obviously that's not shared here. Those people are saying to give it time and a chance. I think they understand that it's way too early to be judging success or failure.

And that was the gist of my comment....relax and see how things go....don't let the press lead you into freaking out over every little thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-09, 17:18

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I don't know that there's much of anything other than the hope and optimism they have. Obviously that's not shared here. Those people are saying to give it time and a chance. I think they understand that it's way too early to be judging success or failure.

And that was the gist of my comment....relax and see how things go....don't let the press lead you into freaking out over every little thing.

So don't believe facts? Just trust that Moscow Don will makes things better? No thanks. I have a brain and choose to use it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-09, 17:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Yeah...whatever you do...don't freak out...don't watch something on TV or read some Breitbart thing on the internet and freak out on twitter...don't do that...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-09, 17:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I don't know that there's much of anything other than the hope and optimism they have.   Obviously that's not shared here.  Those people are saying to give it time and a chance.   I think they understand that it's way too early to be judging success or failure.

Well, we are seeing how things are going, and it doesn't seem like cause for optimism to me, it seems like the opposite. Many of the concerns that people had about Trump before he took office seem to be validated almost daily (examples include: spewing non-stop bullshit, petty and ill-informed/factually erroneous tweets, lack of tact when dealing with other world leaders). At what point does some positive gut feeling about what he might do stop being sufficient justification for overlooking was he has done? Is it purely about the economy? How bad does he have to be at the rest of the job for it to counteract whatever positive economic indicators there might be? Is there any limit at all? If he ate an aborted fetus on live TV (well done and covered in ketchup, of course), but the stock market doubled, would anyone change their opinion on him?

Another quibble I have with the article is that it talks about a group of 5 or 6 people who it says are all Democrats and are "happy with what Trump has done so far," and goes on to mention the immigration/refugee limits (is there a good shorthand for what to call this policy that is politically neutral? Muslim ban is what I call it in my head, but that seems overly politicized), the wall plans (is this really even a thing he's done?), and getting rid of Obamacare (again, is this a finished feat?). Not only are these accomplishments of dubious quality, but if these people are pleased with those achievements, in what way are they Democrats? If they self-identify, they are doing it incorrectly. Not that it ultimately matters, but it seems like the author mentioned their alleged political affiliation merely to score some points for Trump there ("See, even Democrats are happy with him!"), and that bothers me for some reason.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-09, 18:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I don't get this whole thing "give it time". WTF? Is there a way we can't? Senate house and president are all pubs. What can any of us do but laugh at what's happening with health education the AG the wire tap stuff. We can point out stuff but all we can do is wait.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-09, 19:08

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I don't get this whole thing "give it time". WTF? Is there a way we can't? Senate house and president are all pubs. What can any of us do but laugh at what's happening with health education the AG the wire tap stuff. We can point out stuff but all we can do is wait.

Give it time. The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-09, 19:19

Here's the issues from the compassionate pro-life /small government state rep Goose voted for.

http://tristoncole.com/issues/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-12, 22:54

David Duke loves him some Republican rhetoric.

Steve King: Geert Wilders tweet sparks a social media backlash - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39250251
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-13, 09:18

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39004753
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 09:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39004753

Links to the "alt-right" rioting?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-13, 10:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39004753

Links to the "alt-right" rioting?

Is English your second language or something?

Also, you're the spokesperson for the alt-right. Own it, don't finger quote it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 10:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:David Duke loves him some Republican rhetoric.

Steve King: Geert Wilders tweet sparks a social media backlash - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39250251
love how white people are upset and outraged about immigrants.. The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-13, 12:38

Comrade Goosechev is excited to see more nationalists get elected.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 14:31

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-14, 23:31

Yet another reason that Republicans are going to lose at least the Senate in 2018.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/14/trump-voters-taking-hit-health-bill-estimates-show-seniors-facing-high-costs.html
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-15, 08:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Yet another reason that Republicans are going to lose at least the Senate in 2018.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/14/trump-voters-taking-hit-health-bill-estimates-show-seniors-facing-high-costs.html

The GOP replacement is so politically charged word has gotten out to call it RyanCare after the CBO report. President Trump doesn't want his name attached to a bill that would affect early retirees and older voters like Trumpcare.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-loyalists-sound-alarm-over-ryancare-endangering-health-bill/2017/03/14/cfc187e6-08dc-11e7-93dc-00f9bdd74ed1_story.html?utm_term=.4d5d07053d6f
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-15, 08:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Yet another reason that Republicans are going to lose at least the Senate in 2018.

Friendly wager?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-15, 08:23

Comrade Goosechev wants to wager?

Based on what?  The GOP and The White House can't even agree to what Trumpcare will entail.  The only constant is both parties want to keep the $167B tax cut that the top wage earners paid.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-15, 09:10

The Dems will not take the Senate in '18. They're more likely to take the House.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-15, 21:22

HUH. THAT’S NOT HOW IT SOUNDS ON THE NEWS. Poll: Trump Approval, Voter Optimism on the Rise.

More Americans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing as president and of the direction the country is headed, according to Morning Consult/POLITICO surveys conducted over the past six weeks.

The most recent poll, conducted March 9-13, found that 52 percent of Americans approve of Trump’s job performance, compared with a 49 percent approval rating shortly after Inauguration Day. This month’s survey found that 43 percent of respondents do not approve of the president’s job performance.

When asked about the direction of the country, 46 percent of Americans said they believe the country is on the right track, up 4 points since a late January poll and up 17 points since immediately after Election Day, when just 29 percent of voters felt the same way. Still, 54 percent of voters said the country is on the wrong track, 4 percentage points lower than immediately after Trump took office.

Despite several public controversies, the two measurements have remained relatively steady, and almost all of the movement has been in Trump’s direction among all voters.

Poll: Trump Approval, Voter Optimism on the Rise

Amazing how different the country is compared to this cesspit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-15, 22:09

LooseGoose wrote:HUH. THAT’S NOT HOW IT SOUNDS ON THE NEWS. Poll: Trump Approval, Voter Optimism on the Rise.

More Americans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing as president and of the direction the country is headed, according to Morning Consult/POLITICO surveys conducted over the past six weeks.

The most recent poll, conducted March 9-13, found that 52 percent of Americans approve of Trump’s job performance, compared with a 49 percent approval rating shortly after Inauguration Day. This month’s survey found that 43 percent of respondents do not approve of the president’s job performance.

When asked about the direction of the country, 46 percent of Americans said they believe the country is on the right track, up 4 points since a late January poll and up 17 points since immediately after Election Day, when just 29 percent of voters felt the same way. Still, 54 percent of voters said the country is on the wrong track, 4 percentage points lower than immediately after Trump took office.

Despite several public controversies, the two measurements have remained relatively steady, and almost all of the movement has been in Trump’s direction among all voters.

Poll: Trump Approval, Voter Optimism on the Rise

Amazing how different the country is compared to this cesspit.

Huh.  Weird...

Fox News Poll: Trump approval slips, even as more feel economy improving

The political hodge podge thread - Page 13 1489606542494
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-15, 23:57

Whatever the true approval ratings are, I want to know who has changed their tune on him and why. If you disliked him when he was elected, what has he done since that has changed your mind? Befuddling.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 02:00

Cameron wrote:Whatever the true approval ratings are, I want to know who has changed their tune on him and why. If you disliked him when he was elected, what has he done since that has changed your mind? Befuddling.

He's stopped isis and exposed three million illegal voters.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next