Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for Trump supporters and defenders: Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall?

+9
Blanch32
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
GRR Spartan
DWags
P Rob
NigelUno
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question for Trump supporters and defenders:  Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall? Empty Question for Trump supporters and defenders: Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall?

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-27, 09:28

Question for Trump supporters and defenders:  Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall? 2599972566
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Question for Trump supporters and defenders:  Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall? Empty Re: Question for Trump supporters and defenders: Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall?

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 09:40

Stupid.

I only defend him because a) feminism is cancer and b) trolling.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Question for Trump supporters and defenders:  Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall? Empty Re: Question for Trump supporters and defenders: Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall?

Post by DWags 2017-01-27, 09:44

I've noticed that most of my single male friends hate feminism. Their anger about the women's march was some of the most entertaining shit I've read on facebook. I can't imagine giving up facebook, sitting on the toilet in the morning laughing at these guys who post articles about how horrible women are is funny as hell. I usually PM them and ask if they're still single or are they dating. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, the 20% import tax. Shit sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 09:50

DWags wrote:I've noticed that most of my single male friends hate feminism. Their anger about the women's march was some of the most entertaining shit I've read on facebook. I can't imagine giving up facebook, sitting on the toilet in the morning laughing at these guys who post articles about how horrible women are is funny as hell. I usually PM them and ask if they're still single or are they dating. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Dwags, you're an idiot.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 09:51

P Rob wrote:
DWags wrote:I've noticed that most of my single male friends hate feminism. Their anger about the women's march was some of the most entertaining shit I've read on facebook. I can't imagine giving up facebook, sitting on the toilet in the morning laughing at these guys who post articles about how horrible women are is funny as hell. I usually PM them and ask if they're still single or are they dating. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Dwags, you're an idiot.

Like you're inching close to Madison Spartan's level of puss cakery. Find your balls, mang.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-27, 09:53

You single Prob? Sorry
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 09:54

DWags wrote:You single Prob? Sorry

Your wife has your balls in a jar, Dwags? Sorry.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-27, 10:01

Shocking.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 10:11

DWags wrote:Shocking.

I think that's supposed to be a "sick burn".

Why would I settle for your suburban hell when I could (and do) live the single life in a big city...where there is more than one old hairy beaver unlike your situation. Enjoy?
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-27, 10:17

Yep.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-27, 10:35

P Rob could have been concieved in a petry dish, bottle fed as an infant and told he was adopted after HS.
That would explain his anger towards women.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 10:37

GRR Spartan wrote:P Rob could have been concieved in a petry dish, bottle fed as an infant and told he was adopted after HS.
That would explain his anger towards women.

Let's have a spelling contest.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-27, 10:38

Whatever his deal is, he's very angry. I figured with the anti feminism stuff he was definitely single or divorced. It is what it is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-27, 10:40

So...back to the 20% tariff...

Anyone?

I know we have a few Trump supporters/defenders here....
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 10:41

DWags wrote:Whatever his deal is, he's very angry. I figured with the anti feminism stuff he was definitely single or divorced. It is what it is.

Yes. I'm angry. So angry. I'm the one running around claiming to be in a perpetual state of victimhood.

And only single or divorced people can hold this opinion. Jesus you're dumb.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-27, 10:51

Using the term 'feminism' is like walking into a paint store and saying 'I want blue'. Lot of different shades, some very appealing, some repellent.
As for tariffs, I am not a fan, tariff's are paid by the consumer, like all taxes.
On the other hand 'free trade' in my mind means a level playing field taxwise between the trading countries. Taxes at the point of origin and destination need to be made relatively equal in both directions.
I'd rather just see us cut business taxes and red tape to make production in the US more attractive than anywhere else, jobs will come, we all profit. Honestly, if the costs were halfway close would you rather have your business in the US or Juarez? Life style is a cost.

Honestly hoping this tariff talk is just tDonald playing 'Art of the Deal' and not real.

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2017-01-27, 10:55; edited 2 times in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-27, 10:53

Prob. Tirggered.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-27, 12:20

At least PRob is an honest deplorable. I give you a modicum of respect for that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-27, 12:25

NigelUno wrote:So...back to the 20% tariff...

Anyone?

I know we have a few Trump supporters/defenders here.....
I don't support Trump so I can't answer.

don't let Goose answer, either - 'cause he doesn't support him. He doesn't like him, nor did he vote for him. Question for Trump supporters and defenders:  Your thoughts on a 20% tariff to pay for the Wall? 1494614055
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-27, 12:38

Rocinante wrote:At least PRob is an honest deplorable. I give you a modicum of respect for that.

LETS FUCK
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-27, 12:42

P Rob wrote:
Rocinante wrote:At least PRob is an honest deplorable. I give you a modicum of respect for that.

LETS FUCK

I am a heterosexual. However, I don't care what bathroom you use.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-27, 14:15

This wall is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Hey guys lets start a trade war to build a wall that we don't need.

Fellow supply chain pros and civil engineers/architects should be particularly critical of how stupid this idea is.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-27, 14:22

Cheeto Hitler should just tweet out that he has built the wall himself overnight.. and Mexico dropped off a check to him as he was finishing up..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-27, 15:24

Memo To Trump - 20% Mexican Import Tariff Means Americans Pay For The Wall

What are the odds Trump didn't understand this before, and still doesn't understand it now?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-27, 18:56

AnomanderRake wrote:This wall is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Hey guys lets start a trade war to build a wall that we don't need.

Fellow supply chain pros and civil engineers/architects should be particularly critical of how stupid this idea is.

fwiw, a 20% tarriff makes American companies competitive and effectively stops the outsourcing and might actually increase mfg jobs in the us. if you live in the midwest or southeast, you should support it since it will pump up your salary and job prospects. if you lib coaster, then you should be triggered.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-27, 20:23

I wonder how this new trade negotiation gambit might do to the US auto industry.

For example my brother-in-law is a pattern maker for a GR based tool and die business that does business with Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda Hyundai/Kia.

Sales process is they meet with the manufacturer's designers and engineers and do initial die design. Once they get sign off on the prototype the project goes to their Chinese partners. Dies are manufactured in China, shipped back to the customer's facility for install. The labor to make the the die is about 65% less.

How much are we all prepared to pay for just this portion of our auto's?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-28, 10:23

GRR Spartan wrote:I wonder how this new trade negotiation gambit might do to the US auto industry.

For example my brother-in-law is a pattern maker for a GR based tool and die business that does business with Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda Hyundai/Kia.

Sales process is they meet with the manufacturer's designers and engineers and do initial die design. Once they get sign off on the prototype the project goes to their Chinese partners. Dies are manufactured in China, shipped back to the customer's facility for install. The labor to make the the die is about 65% less.

fwiw, this thread is 100% proof of the sheer ignorance of my haters. zero and i mean zero business knowledge. all must either work for the government, education, or non profit so that's all they ever will know and the lens of which they see the world through. sad in a way. pathetic in another
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-28, 10:40

GRR Spartan wrote:I wonder how this new trade negotiation gambit might do to the US auto industry.

I see where Xi Jinping has called for FTAAP almost immediately. Will be interesting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2017-01-28, 23:10

Just dropping by as a single male who supports feminism and the women's march. Also, I'm against the 20% tariff as I think that does far more harm than good, so apparently I'm not business savvy like Blanch.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-29, 16:56

Blanch32 wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:This wall is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Hey guys lets start a trade war to build a wall that we don't need.

fwiw, a 20% tarriff makes American companies competitive and effectively stops the outsourcing and might actually increase mfg jobs in the us. if you live in the midwest or southeast, you should support it since it will pump up your salary and job prospects. if you lib coaster, then you should be triggered.

You're way oversimplifying the macroeconomic effects of the tariff and assuming Mexico does absolutely nothing to retaliate.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-01-29, 20:00

AnomanderRake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You're way oversimplifying the macroeconomic effects of the tariff and assuming Mexico does absolutely nothing to retaliate.

like what a tequila embargo?

we have all the leverage here, we are 80% of their exports. shit we could play them off brazil if they want to be start shit
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-29, 20:17

Using the harmonized system of classification Mexicos largest exports are refined petroleum and car parts. We take most of those. So what happens to the price of cars if car parts are more expensive? It ain't alcohol and avacados I'm worried about
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-29, 20:23

DWags wrote:Using the harmonized system of classification Mexicos largest exports are refined petroleum and car parts. We take most of those. So what happens to the price of cars if car parts are more expensive? It ain't alcohol and avacados I'm worried about
During the winter, the US no longer produces enough produce to support the system right now. I don't think going back to seasonal fruits is a bad thing, but most produce would be gone during these months without Mexico. Walmart and other large retailers have abandoned US farmers in support of better profits from Mexico.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-29, 20:46

DWags wrote:Using the harmonized system of classification Mexicos largest exports are refined petroleum and car parts. We take most of those. So what happens to the price of cars if car parts are more expensive? It ain't alcohol and avacados I'm worried about

Limited success of Chinese tire tariffs shows why Donald Trump's trade prescription may not work
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-01-30, 09:25

Blanch32 wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

like what a tequila embargo?

we have all the leverage here, we are 80% of their exports. shit we could play them off brazil if they want to be start shit

Mexico is the 2nd largest export market for the US, and purchases about half of our natural gas exports. Several states are heavily dependent on trade with Mexico. There's no way Mexico will sit and take a 20% tariff without retaliating in some way. They have a better negotiating position than you think.

The end result here is consumers footing the bill for the wall in the form of higher prices.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 11:20

Bump for Goose...

Don't really need any more Clinton videos or Obama references...I'm interested in your thoughts though.

Thanks in advance.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-01-30, 11:43

It's a trial balloon. Here's what's really gonna happen:

There will be a fee added to wire transfers to Mexico which would cripple them or...

Coming out of the nafta re-negotiations there will be a new (or increased) border crossing fee. Trump will claim (and use it) for the wall while giving the Mexicans plausible denialbility.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-30, 12:06

Dr. Strangelove wrote:It's a trial balloon. Here's what's really gonna happen:

There will be a fee added to wire transfers to Mexico which would cripple them or...

Coming out of the nafta re-negotiations there will be a new (or increased) border crossing fee. Trump will claim (and use it) for the wall while giving the Mexicans plausible denialbility.

"Trial balloon" means it's an idiotic plan? Or something else?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-01-30, 13:17

NigelUno wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:It's a trial balloon. Here's what's really gonna happen:

What you people are going to have to come to terms with is Trump comes out of NYC real estate. Your opening ask is usually way out of line with what you'd settle for. Also making an outrageous opening demand softens up your opponents and can lead to you "giving in" but still getting more than you expected in the first place. Allows the opponent to save face by saying yeah he built the wall but he didn't get his tariff he only got a dedicated fee from border crossings.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-30, 13:20

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What you people are going to have to come to terms with is Trump comes out of NYC real estate. Your opening ask is usually way out of line with what you'd settle for. Also making an outrageous opening demand softens up your opponents and can lead to you "giving in" but still getting more than you expected in the first place. Allows the opponent to save face by saying yeah he built the wall but he didn't get his tariff he only got a dedicated fee from border crossings.
so you're predicting that the sexual predator will be guilty of lying to the American people.

shocking.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next