Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court

+11
NigelUno
DWags
The_Dude
WhiteBoyHatcher
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
CheesySpartan
GRR Spartan
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court Empty Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 15:33

What a bright day for America if true!!

49 years old and can pick up Scalia's staff and carry on.

Exclusive: President Trump's Supreme Court Pick, Confirmed by Two High-Ranking Officials

Gorsuch has made some past statements that seem to indicate how he would make major Supreme Court decisions. Most notably, he has praised the late Justice Antonin Scalia’s dedication to “textualism,” or the interpretation of laws based on the actual text rather than trying to decipher the “intent” of lawmakers or other potential consequences.

“Judges should instead strive, if humanly and so imperfectly, to apply the law as it is, focusing backward, not forward, and looking to text, structure, and history to decide what a reasonable reader at the time of the events in question would have understood the law to be,” Gorsuch said in a speech to Case Western Reserve University's law school shortly after Scalia passed away.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court Empty Re: Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 15:45

Reminds me of The Producers
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court Empty Re: Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court

Post by CheesySpartan Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 15:49

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 55953254
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:06

IT warms my heart to see him on this chart to the RIGHT of Scalia!!

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court Roeder-scotus-nominee1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:09

I think this is where a lot of people are tonight:

Lee Doren ‏@LDoren 3m3 minutes ago
I didn't want to vote for Trump. I'm happy I did so far. #SCOTUS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:10

Guy Benson ‏@guypbenson 6m6 minutes ago
More
Fabulous, outstanding, superlative choice, Mr. President. Bravo. #Gorsuch #SCOTUS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:11

Mary Katharine Ham ‏@mkhammer  6m6 minutes ago
More
Mea culpa. I didn't believe him on judges. He done good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:14

Do not want.

There was a conspiracy theory I heard leading up to the election (probably still out there) that Hillary had Scalia killed. If anyone could have proven that, I would have voted for the bitch in a heartbeat.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:19

Couldn't have that black Democrat name a Supreme Court Justice and if that woman had won McConnel and others were going to keep the Supreme Court to 8 or 7 or 6 depending on who had died or resigned. Anything to keep a Democrat from naming a Justice.

Happy for the nominee.  Its a great job for a lawyer who wants to be a Federal judge.  

Sad day for democracy because the GOP has set a dangerous precident going forward.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:37

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court C3irqBSWEAM5Qe-
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:41

Let the posturing begin.

Mary Bruce@marykbruce 9m9 minutes ago
Schumer says he has "serious doubts" about Gorsuch, Dems will "require an exhaustive, robust, and comprehensive debate"

Mary Bruce@marykbruce 6m6 minutes ago
Schumer says Senate must "insist upon 60-votes for any Supreme Court nominee"
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:44

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 502811600

John R Parkinson@jparkABC  5m5 minutes ago  
.@SenSasse on #SCOTUS: "@SenSchumer is about to tell Americans that Judge Gorsuch kicks puppies and heckles piano recitals. That’s hogwash."
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:48

The man has an impressive educational resume.

Why were Obama and both Bill and Hillary Clinton dangerous but this guy can be trusted with all those Ivy League degrees?

Columbia, Harvard Law.  Holy shit!
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:52

And approved by unanimous voice vote 10 years ago.....going to be pretty hard to say he's crazy now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 20:57

He's not crazy. He's Roberts style conservative.

Its just unfortunate the way he got to the court.

Of course I'm a traditionalist unwilling to think there is only one political party capable of nominating Supreme Court Justices.

Another area where I disagree with the one party authoritarians who don't trust anyone except Republicans to name judges to the country's highest court.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 21:27

Wow. Goose supports Trump on this?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 21:47

Herbie Green wrote:Wow. Goose supports Trump on this?

This is perhaps the least surprising thing Goose has supported Trump on.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 21:49

Herbie Green wrote:Wow. Goose supports Trump on this?

I support Gorsuch, and am honestly shocked that Trump really nominated him. I thought he would go for his sister's friend Hardiman.

And so we're clear the next time - if another seat opens up I'd support Diane Sykes or Janice Brown (though I think most would want someone younger). Ted Cruz if he would leave the Senate would be fun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:05

Durbin says no filibuster.....we'll see.

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court C3i12NoUEAApQMm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:16

Goose, do you like Devos?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:18

Robert BarnesVerified account ‏@scotusreporter
per @PhilipRucker Trump interviewed 4: Gorsuch, Hardiman, Pryor, judge Amul R. Thapar. 2 others considered: Diane Sykes, @JusticeWillett
==========

Love Willett, he's fun on twitter. Thapar is a Detroit native. Sykes is my next bet. Hardiman would be ok at best. Pryor would be a knock down drag out fight to get approved.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:22

LooseGoose wrote:Robert BarnesVerified account ‏@scotusreporter
per @PhilipRucker Trump interviewed 4: Gorsuch, Hardiman, Pryor, judge Amul R. Thapar. 2 others considered: Diane Sykes, @JusticeWillett
==========

Love Willett, he's fun on twitter. Thapar is a Detroit native. Sykes is my next bet. Hardiman would be ok at best. Pryor would be a knock down drag out fight to get approved.

No argument with the pick...Sykes would have been my first pick because i know her history the best. Age may have played a part (she is 10 yrs older)
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:23

Herbie Green wrote:Goose, do you like Devos?

You know I've known the name for years because of her donations and Amway, etc. I really don't know enough about her to have a strong opinion one way or another. She didn't do especially well in her hearings but that would tough going for any relative newcomer to it. Think about being on TV and being grilled with every Senator on the D side trying to catch you in a "gotcha" moment. It would suck.

I know she's rich, her hubby's rich and they've donated tons of $$ to Rs over the years. I don't innately dislike people with $$ so I don't hold that against her. As I said above she's the weakest cabinet appointment I think, perhaps along with Carson. At least we know Carson is whip smart even if inexperienced in housing.

What's that all mean? I guess it means I'm pretty blah on her....no strong feelings either way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:24

CheesySpartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Robert BarnesVerified account ‏@scotusreporter
==========

No argument with the pick...Sykes would have been my first pick because i know her history the best. Age may have played a part (she is 10 yrs older)

Same issue with Janice Brown, she was born in '49.....probably her time has passed. Bush should have nominated her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 8:09

you mean an admitted sexual predator picked a knuckle-draggin' religious kook to hold up his racist and bigoted views in the land's highest court?

I'm shocked. Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 502811600 Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 502811600 Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 8:11

Herbie Green wrote:Goose, do you like Devos?
I think a person who has absolutely no experience with regard to education is the perfect person to be the Secretary of Education.

#MAGA Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 3493939353 Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 9:06

So is there any possibility this guy ever sits on the Supreme Court or are Democrats just going to block the appointment for 4 years?
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 9:12

AnomanderRake wrote:So is there any possibility this guy ever sits on the Supreme Court or are Democrats just going to block the appointment for 4 years?
the republican knuckle-draggers will invoke the nuclear option, if necessary.

ya know.. they're not real fond of people reading Green Eggs and Ham on the senate floor in an attempt to be obstructionists.

and, suddenly, they're really interested on giving a non-black president a thorough review of his SCOTUS nominee. Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:So is there any possibility this guy ever sits on the Supreme Court or are Democrats just going to block the appointment for 4 years?

ya know.. they're not real fond of people reading Green Eggs and Ham on the senate floor in an attempt to be obstructionists.

and, suddenly, they're really interested on giving a non-black president a thorough review of his SCOTUS nominee. Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 502811600

Poor Bobby.

I do like his views on the 4th Amendment.

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court TRESPASS-512x600
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:13

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Poor Bobby.

I do like his views on the 4th Amendment.

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court TRESPASS-512x600
did he win the swimsuit competition last night?

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:18

Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court Screen-Shot-2017-02-01-at-7.56.37-AM-567x600
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:19

LooseGoose wrote:Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court Screen-Shot-2017-02-01-at-7.56.37-AM-567x600
awwww the snowflakes are upset that someone has the audacity to protest their religious kooks.

#Triggered

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 10:20

during the prime time reality TV beauty competition last night, what did he do for the talent portion of the show??

maybe a kazoo solo of "God Bless the USA"? ..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Apr 2017 - 23:06

Fake news hit job.....

Weasley Worded News Reports That Neil Gorsuch Committed Plagiarism Are Fake News. Here’s Why.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 4 Apr 2017 - 23:39

It's all so dumb. This country is completely out of control.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 7:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's all so dumb. This country is completely out of control.

Just the way the Dems want it. Alinsky tactics 101.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 7:46

Yes, the democrats have zero control and they don't know what to do so you are seeing a full blown panic/meltdown.

The strategy of shutting down government and not showing up to work because your side lost doesn't work.

Gorsuch will be confirmed with or without the radical obstructionist on the left. The right confirmed Sotomayor and Kagan, but I guess the minority party who doesn't even have the WH thinks they can choose a scouts member lol
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 7:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Sounds like it's Gorsuch for Supreme Court Screen-Shot-2017-02-01-at-7.56.37-AM-567x600
awwww the snowflakes are upset that someone has the audacity to protest their religious kooks.

#Triggered

No, we are laughing at the manufactured, pre printed, paid protestors your side uses. Lmfao
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 7:50

People are calling the Dems attempted filibuster the dumbest in history.

Yup, sounds right!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 10:06

Nothing says Mio like a guy who believes an idiot on twitter that doesn't have the ability to print up 100 of those posters in the next hour.

Paid protesters? Guys that honestly believe that are so far gone mentally it's funny

The American Hamas
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next