Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football rumors (Merged)

+50
Duke Silver
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Murphy Green
Bob Lee Swagger
CORNER BLITZ
Henry Steele
The_Dude
whipcatlicks
By-Tor
Townie
Rocinante
Loose Stools
goodbar
Herbie Green
Clarett's Folly
Banacek
Nordic
General Grant
CampbellHall
Izzo Court
xsanguine
Cameron
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
Death Roe
SawGreen
Vlad
tanfan!
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
CheesySpartan
Steve81
Watch Out Pylon!
CaptainSlow33
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
54 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 5 Empty Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-10, 15:55

Nordic wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Report on MSU sex assault probe could come next week

Karen Truszkowski, who is representing the accuser, said she has been communicating closely with Michigan State University Police as well as the Title IX investigator since she began working with the victim and her family nearly two weeks ago.

“I can tell you that once the investigation is finished that arrests will likely be imminent,” Truszkowski said. “There will be arrests made and they are working with the prosecutor’s office. I have been in contact with the Michigan state University Police Department and with the Title IX investigator. We are cooperating with them and helping them, providing them with whatever information that they need.

“I’m comfortable that they are doing everything that they need to do and the investigation is going as well as it can be under the circumstances.”

But wait... I thought a player was hauled off in cuffs in front of everybody yesterday and a coach was hauled off in cuffs in front of everybody today

Rolling Eyes

Tim said something about a courthouse...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2017-02-10, 15:57

Nordic wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Report on MSU sex assault probe could come next week

Karen Truszkowski, who is representing the accuser, said she has been communicating closely with Michigan State University Police as well as the Title IX investigator since she began working with the victim and her family nearly two weeks ago.

“I can tell you that once the investigation is finished that arrests will likely be imminent,” Truszkowski said. “There will be arrests made and they are working with the prosecutor’s office. I have been in contact with the Michigan state University Police Department and with the Title IX investigator. We are cooperating with them and helping them, providing them with whatever information that they need.

“I’m comfortable that they are doing everything that they need to do and the investigation is going as well as it can be under the circumstances.”

But wait... I thought a player was hauled off in cuffs in front of everybody yesterday and a coach was hauled off in cuffs in front of everybody today

Rolling Eyes

Someone out Henson on blast on his Twitter.... he was saying arrests were made.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 16:10

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Who was arrested?

Rumor mill suggests either Javon Ringer or Curtis Blackwell.

Complete speculation.

Damn duffy in the clutch!! i think we finally broke him in!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 16:11

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
CampbellHall wrote:Listening to Ryan Schuiling right now and he reported that a coach/staffer was arrested this morning during a morning meeting in front of most of the football program.
I just spoke to someone who has daily involvement with the program and this person is pretty much a sunshine optimist. This person said "the program is in very bad shape right now" and "things are very bad here".
What a kick in the stomach. Ugh.

It feels like Dantonio has lost control of the program.

and hollis the entire AD, and laks the university in whole!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-10, 16:20

Some things aren't adding up here. We've got a classless UofM fan/radio host just spewing things, he's hit on a couple of news pieces that if you are in the news business he would of gotten wind of the articles being published. Now with this new shit he's just looking like an ass.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-10, 16:27

Blanch32 wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

It feels like Dantonio has lost control of the program.

Agreed 100%. It really feels like MSU has turned into a raging dumpster fire this year. Might be time to clean house and hit reset.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-10, 16:39

Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to hire a straight shooter like Art Briles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-10, 16:57

Good thing there isn't a Jew on the coaching staff or we'd know who at least one poster would blame.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-10, 17:01

If someone was arrested on Friday morning they would have been charged / arraigned and bail would have been set. The arraignment would be part of the public record.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-02-10, 17:13

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Agreed 100%. It really feels like MSU has turned into a raging dumpster fire this year. Might be time to clean house and hit reset.

Apart from the Nasser shit (which is still debatable), I'm not hearing where the University dragged it's feat with these recent accusations. That is a positive in my book. It may have taken some days, but I think it normally would take some days to issue formal statements.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 18:35

LooseGoose wrote:Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to hire a straight shooter like Art Briles.

we should have an opening on the football staff, us our offense lacks our offences....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 18:37

SawGreen wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Apart from the Nasser shit (which is still debatable), I'm not hearing where the University dragged it's feat with these recent accusations. That is a positive in my book. It may have taken some days, but I think it normally would take some days to issue formal statements.

goodie. all those involved over the past 20 years have learned their lesson in the past 20 days
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-02-10, 21:27

[quote="Vlad"]
SeeRockCity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Not really my point Vlad. What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of programs who recruit higher-level players that deal with this kind of crap on an ongoing basis and they still manage to recruit high-level players. So the gloom and doom / debutante histrionics you display here are just not factually correct.

Well, since we neither recruit at a high level nor win national titles like those other schools you mentioned, I guess your entire point is moot. But +1 for posting something. Anything.

Yeah, still not my point so...
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-10, 21:53

Blanch32 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to hire a straight shooter like Art Briles.

we should have an opening on the football staff, us our offense lacks our offences....

Careful, that kind of talk and criticism of the staff could get you called out in a press conference with the rest of the Monday morning quarterbacks in your Lazy Boys...maybe a can of soda pop....
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-02-10, 22:13

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Careful, that kind of talk and criticism of the staff could get you called out in a press conference with the rest of the Monday morning quarterbacks in your Lazy Boys...maybe a can of soda pop....

Congrats on understanding the post you quoted. I think.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-11, 09:50

Hondo & Lawyer John Minus Well Scrap the Program
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-11, 10:49

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

lol. ftr, I'd hold a presser and apologize, maybe shed a few tears too, if that were to ever happen.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-13, 18:30

David Harns@isportsDave 37m37 minutes ago
Knowing what I know, I feel confident saying this: the three suspended MSU football players will never see the field - at MSU - again.

Well, that's encouraging.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by General Grant 2017-02-13, 18:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:David Harns@isportsDave 37m37 minutes ago
Knowing what I know, I feel confident saying this: the three suspended MSU football players will never see the field - at MSU - again.

We all need to take a deep breathe here. Let's wait until we actually have legitimate information please.
General Grant
General Grant
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-02-13, 18:39

Apparently hollis has canceled his basketball selection chair tour to focus on issues in EL.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-13, 18:39

kingstonlake wrote:Apparently hollis has canceled his basketball selection chair tour to focus on issues in EL.
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/baseball/2017/02/13/mark-hollis-cancels-trip-tom-izzo-believes-msus-people/97870646/
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-13, 18:44

General Grant wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:David Harns@isportsDave  37m37 minutes ago

We all need to take a deep breathe here.  Let's wait until we actually have legitimate information please.

I've been pretty careful not to jump to conclusions. This does make it sound like more than than a he said / she said situation.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by General Grant 2017-02-13, 19:02

Floyd Robertson wrote:
General Grant wrote:

We all need to take a deep breathe here.  Let's wait until we actually have legitimate information please.

I've been pretty careful not to jump to conclusions. This does make it sound like more than than a he said / she said situation.

It could end up being bad. It certainly is not anywhere near good at this point.

It would seem to me if these guys (Hondo, I sports, Comp) who are journalists and do what journalist's are supposed to do by having sources that corroborate leads it could (or should) have been broken with names by now.
General Grant
General Grant
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-13, 19:24

General Grant wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

It could end up being bad.  It certainly is not anywhere near good at this point.

It would seem to me if these guys (Hondo, I sports, Comp) who are journalists and do what journalist's are supposed to do by having sources that corroborate leads it could (or should) have been broken with names by now.

Hondo and Comporoni have been close to people at MSU for decades and if they were requested to keep a lid on revealing names until MSU and the prosecutor's made the names public this week I suspect they'd respect those requests.  Looks like Harn's is following their lead.

None are trying to do Tim Staudt impersonations.

General, you know first hand that there are some football players you played with who were less than model citizens but were smart enough to stay out of stuff like what is being investigated.  

The biggest shoe dropping I dread is the staff member.  I have no clue what the involvement was to get the staffer included in the investigation but anythng short of immeadiately telling Dantonio is dereliction.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by General Grant 2017-02-13, 19:57

GRR Spartan wrote:
General Grant wrote:

It could end up being bad.  It certainly is not anywhere near good at this point.

Hondo and Comporoni have been close to people at MSU for decades and if they were requested to keep a lid on revealing names until MSU and the prosecutor's made the names public this week I suspect they'd respect those requests.  Looks like Harn's is following their lead.

None are trying to do Tim Staudt impersonations.

General, you know first hand that there are some football players you played with who were less than model citizens but were smart enough to stay out of stuff like what is being investigated.  

The biggest shoe dropping I dread is the staff member.  I have no clue what the involvement was to get the staffer included in the investigation but anythng short of immeadiately telling Dantonio is dereliction.

I don't disagree with you. I played with guys that I would not want dating my daughter.

I understand them not wanting to burn relationships. At this point maybe they are not journalists but just reporters. I don't necessarily begrudge them that.
General Grant
General Grant
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-13, 20:01

gHost Spartan wrote:I heard that Corley is one of them but obviously I have no clue whether that's true or not.

Rico has posted on Twitter that Corley is not among those involved, fwiw.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-02-13, 20:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:I heard that Corley is one of them but obviously I have no clue whether that's true or not.

This shit is confusing.
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banacek 2017-02-13, 20:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The think Rico posted that a few days before all this news broke.
Banacek
Banacek
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by General Grant 2017-02-13, 20:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:Hondo & Lawyer John Minus Well Scrap the Program

That attorney who is a columnist is pretty much a "sky is falling" type of guy. We will recover as a program and come back. Have some faith.
General Grant
General Grant
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-13, 20:26

General Grant wrote:

That attorney who is a columnist is pretty much a "sky is falling" type of guy. We will recover as a program and come back. Have some faith.

I've been at this almost 40 years, been through probations, limited TV appearances, cuts in scholarships, you name it. Whatever this turns out to be, you're right, we'll get over it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-13, 20:28

General Grant wrote:

Ohhh, in about a decade---again.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by General Grant 2017-02-13, 20:50

tanfan! wrote:
General Grant wrote:

Hello Tanfan! How are you doing? Still your positive self I see.
General Grant
General Grant
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-02-13, 21:02

tanfan! wrote:
General Grant wrote:

Over 3 players...
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-13, 21:11

Clarett's Folly wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Over 3 players...

Yeah I am sorry, 3 players doesn't mean the sky is falling, even if they're all stars. We went 3-9 last year, lets clean the shit up, life will go on, MSU sports will go on.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-13, 21:14

Program will be in place. There is a lot of young talent on the team. If what everyone has heard is true, this hurts. It will have some repercussions on recruiting and frankly in Detroit. It won't, however, take a decade to rebuild. We have things in place.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-13, 21:21

December 2009 really set the program back...
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-02-13, 21:48

General Grant wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

With due respect General, Hondo is not a journalist.

The guy can't even form an English sentence.

He is a slappy that some how gained access to the program. I've never understood how or why he became an insider and apparently has the ears of the AD, coaches and players. Or even more strange to me, access to recruits and their families.

His whole existence and attachment to MSU is weird to me. Pretty sure he didn't even attend Michigan State.

I'm sure you know way more about the guy than I do. Am I reading this completely wrong?

Last edited by duffy munn on 2017-02-13, 22:03; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-13, 21:52

tanfan! wrote:
General Grant wrote:

No problem. Have one of your survivors bring the urn to the 2027 homecoming game.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-02-13, 22:02

General Grant wrote:
tanfan! wrote:
General Grant wrote:

Hello Tanfan! How are you doing? Still your positive self I see.

Holy Shit, the General. I didnt know you'd made it over. Welcome tp tSwill. Glad you made it!
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-02-13, 22:04

GRR Spartan wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

No problem. Have one of your survivors bring the urn to the 2027 homecoming game.

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 5 502811600
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next