Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football rumors (Merged)

+50
Duke Silver
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Murphy Green
Bob Lee Swagger
CORNER BLITZ
Henry Steele
The_Dude
whipcatlicks
By-Tor
Townie
Rocinante
Loose Stools
goodbar
Herbie Green
Clarett's Folly
Banacek
Nordic
General Grant
CampbellHall
Izzo Court
xsanguine
Cameron
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
Death Roe
SawGreen
Vlad
tanfan!
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
CheesySpartan
Steve81
Watch Out Pylon!
CaptainSlow33
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
54 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 Empty Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 09:22

NigelUno wrote:I'll take the over on 3 wins.

one win for every player kicked off the team? how about that bet?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-02-10, 09:23

Bob - I'm thinking this one is worse for you than most; what is your take on John T. Madden being suspended for text stalking a coed?

Someone is going to start to say there is a lack of institutional control; Nassar, John T., football, and the other issues of years gone by.

http://statenews.com/article/2017/02/john-t-madden-sexual-harassment

Bob - you'd better get this music shit under control
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-02-10, 09:30

Sometimes you just can't keep the flies out of the soup.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-10, 09:34

Damn, I already ran out of downvotes. SRC, make the limit higher!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-10, 09:38

Death Roe wrote:Let's bet a two month ban with Tanner. If MSU goes 3-9 or worse I'll sit out two months effective end of the season 2017. If that 4th win comes he's gone immediately.

I'm cool with that.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-10, 09:38

Death Roe wrote:Let's bet a two month ban with Tanner. If MSU goes 3-9 or worse I'll sit out two months effective end of the season 2017. If that 4th win comes he's gone immediately.

Sounds fair to me.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-10, 09:40

SeeRockCity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:To be fair we are none of those programs SRC. Duff you even said it when you called our the fanbase for not showing up to SS this year.

With that said, unless this is some never heard of before shit it won't really be that big of a deal. Athletics and $ overrule all. America.

I don't ever recall calling out our fanbase for not showing up to SS.

Right - that's why I said Duff...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-10, 09:41

Blanch32 wrote:on a lighter note, my fingers are crossed that it was TOC, cox, terry, and andrew maxwell. just wish tum tum could have joined them....

Lol
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-10, 09:47

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Sounds fair to me.

Now we just need Tanner to agree to terms... CHYEA, RIGHT! /Wayne's World
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-10, 11:07

Wally Fairway wrote:Bob - I'm thinking this one is worse for you than most; what is your take on John T. Madden being suspended for text stalking a coed?

Someone is going to start to say there is a lack of institutional control; Nassar, John T., football, and the other issues of years gone by.

I'm not sure why that's suddenly my responsibility.. Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 502811600

clearly it was in appropriate... and very wrong. So sad for the young lady whose last semester in East Lansing was robbed from her by someone she (presumably) respected, admired and trusted.

I get that things happen.. I get that adults + alcohol + proximity to younger females + alleged martial issues = not a good situation.. but absolutely no excuse for it and I get the feeling that Madden knows that, feels very guilty about it, etc.

my biggest problem is with how the University handled it. I don't think that what amounts to a week off (unpaid, granted) and a postponement of a promoted position is punishment at all. In fact, I think it's insulting not only to the young lady but it also sets a horrible example for impressionable students who likely feel as though abhorrent behavior was basically condoned.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-10, 11:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:Bob - I'm thinking this one is worse for you than most; what is your take on John T. Madden being suspended for text stalking a coed?

I'm not sure why that's suddenly my responsibility.. Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 502811600

clearly it was in appropriate... and very wrong. So sad for the young lady whose last semester in East Lansing was robbed from her by someone she (presumably) respected, admired and trusted.

I get that things happen.. I get that adults + alcohol + proximity to younger females + alleged martial issues = not a good situation.. but absolutely no excuse for it and I get the feeling that Madden knows that, feels very guilty about it, etc.

my biggest problem is with how the University handled it. I don't think that what amounts to a week off (unpaid, granted) and a postponement of a promoted position is punishment at all. In fact, I think it's insulting not only to the young lady but it also sets a horrible example for impressionable students who likely feel as though abhorrent behavior was basically condoned.

My thoughts exactly. At very least, he should not have been promoted. It is a shame that someone who constantly harps on personal responsibility, respect, and making good choices stumbled this hard. I feel horrible for the student, as she was put in a very uncomfortable position by someone she likely respected and admired, then got backhanded by the university.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-10, 11:23

I agree he got off too lightly.

An appropriate punishment for texting to a student that she looked good in her tennis shoes and her dress was "blingy" is a firing squad. Fuck that jackass.

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 Firingsquad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-10, 11:24

LooseGoose wrote:I agree he got off too lightly.

An appropriate punishment for texting to a student that she looked good in her tennis shoes and her dress was "blingy" is a firing squad. Fuck that jackass.

I giggle farted at work Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 502811600
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-10, 11:29

LooseGoose wrote:I agree he got off too lightly.  

An appropriate punishment for texting to a student that she looked good in her tennis shoes and her dress was "blingy" is a firing squad.  Fuck that jackass.

I'm gonna agree with Goose on this one. If this was Madden's 1st offense and there was nothing else to this incident that wasn't reported then the punishment seems appropriate to me. If he does something like this again then yeah, let's look at a stiffer punishment.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-02-10, 11:42

[quote="SeeRockCity"]
Vlad wrote:

Not really my point Vlad. What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of programs who recruit higher-level players that deal with this kind of crap on an ongoing basis and they still manage to recruit high-level players. So the gloom and doom / debutante histrionics you display here are just not factually correct.

Well, since we neither recruit at a high level nor win national titles like those other schools you mentioned, I guess your entire point is moot. But +1 for posting something. Anything.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 11:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

....and yet bob who posts about the horrors of what trump has done to his family all day, is still gainfully employed....smh
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-02-10, 11:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure why that's suddenly my responsibility.. Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 502811600
clearly you are the in-charge guy on TSwill related to music - and now you are trying to sweep this and your responsibilities under the rug.
Take a long hard look at Goose's post and don't think you can't be next.
I'm sure you've stopped to listen to the marching band while running or biking through campus; I'll bet you even sing along, or at least hum the tune - you know they many times play that hippie music that you and your kind like.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-10, 12:02

Wally Fairway wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure why that's suddenly my responsibility.. Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 502811600
clearly you are the in-charge guy on TSwill related to music - and now you are trying to sweep this and your responsibilities under the rug.
I'm sure you've stopped to listen to the marching band while running or biking through campus; I'll bet you even sing along, or at least hum the tune - you know they many times play that hippie music that you and your kind like.

Bob after reading that:

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 50e022f59283c12371a462233c5cfc0b_dead-poets-socity-visual-essay-nervous-class-presentation-clipart_307-400
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-10, 12:05

Wally Fairway wrote:
can't say that I'm much of a marching band enthusiast.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-10, 12:10

Death Roe wrote:Damn, I already ran out of downvotes. SRC, make the limit higher!

Wow you showed us with you use of down votes. Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 1f602
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-10, 12:11

poor baby. Tanny is not a fanboy like me.Whaaaaaaaa Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 1f602
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-10, 12:14

Death Roe wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Sounds fair to me.

Band geek, I hardly ever post on this piece of shit. If you have a problem with me, then go fuck yourself as I really don't care.

Now we just need Tanner to agree to terms... CHYEA, RIGHT! /Wayne's World
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-10, 12:14

tanfan! wrote:

Gonna nut up or shut up?

poor baby. Tanny is not a fanboy like me.Whaaaaaaaa Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 1f602
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-10, 12:15

Lol what a pussy. Dude talks shit but won't back it up when others want to challenge his outrageous remarks.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-10, 12:15

[quote="Vlad"]
SeeRockCity wrote:

Well, since we neither recruit at a high level nor win national titles like those other schools you mentioned, I guess your entire point is moot. But +1 for posting something. Anything.

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 3434560931
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-10, 12:16

Death Roe wrote:Lol what a pussy. Dude talks shit but won't back it up when others want to challenge his outrageous remarks.

Fanboys like you don't interest me. You want to silence me and I am not going to agree to doing that. If it means pissing you fanboy pussies off, then so be it.  I love it when you idiots lash out like this.  Deflect your anger.  Makes you look like a real man.

Now go back to your circle jerk. The normal spartans are pissed off about this shit.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-10, 12:20

Where is muffy? He must be fighting with Nigel on the RCMB!!! Go get em fellas!!! Football rumors (Merged) - Page 4 1f602
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-10, 12:23

Yeah I'm the one tilting. Lol. Good talk Tanner. Have a good weekend.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-10, 14:00

Death Roe wrote:Yeah I'm the one tilting. Lol. Good talk Tanner. Have a good weekend.

dude, you just requested vlad be banned in relataliton for what some football players did. thats the very definition of a blowar tilt!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CampbellHall 2017-02-10, 14:29

Listening to Ryan Schuiling right now and he reported that a coach/staffer was arrested this morning during a morning meeting in front of most of the football program.
I just spoke to someone who has daily involvement with the program and this person is pretty much a sunshine optimist. This person said "the program is in very bad shape right now" and "things are very bad here".
What a kick in the stomach. Ugh.
CampbellHall
CampbellHall
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-10, 14:32

CampbellHall wrote:Listening to Ryan Schuiling right now and he reported that a coach/staffer was arrested this morning during a morning meeting in front of most of the football program.
I just spoke to someone who has daily involvement with the program and this person is pretty much a sunshine optimist. This person said "the program is in very bad shape right now" and "things are very bad here".

Who was arrested?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-10, 14:48

CampbellHall wrote:Listening to Ryan Schuiling right now and he reported that a coach/staffer was arrested this morning during a morning meeting in front of most of the football program.

It feels like Dantonio has lost control of the program.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-02-10, 14:52

NigelUno wrote:

Who was arrested?

Rumor mill suggests either Javon Ringer or Curtis Blackwell.

Complete speculation.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by General Grant 2017-02-10, 14:56

So, of all of the times that they could arrest someone, they chose to arrest them when the team was in a meeting in front of everyone? I am not saying it didn't happen but it seems odd to do this in front of the team.

Quick note, team meetings aren't held often during this period of the year. They are right in the middle of winter workouts. I could be wrong and Coach Dantonio might have them on a different schedule, but I know from when I was there, full winter team meetings were rare.
General Grant
General Grant
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-02-10, 14:56

NigelUno wrote:

Who was arrested?

Some guy was arrested in front of 100 people. How do you expect to get the name with that few Witnesses.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-02-10, 14:57

So you are saying a coach that was reported to be suspended by the University was in a team meeting today?

Rolling Eyes

And if it was different coach, you are saying the U had no idea and wasn't already suspended?

Rolling Eyes

Come on man.  Let's use some common sense here.  Maybe someone was arrested today, but this whole "he was hauled out in cuffs at practice" sounds like BS.  I doubt the cops would do that in the first place.n
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-10, 14:58

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

I always find this argument kind of funny when people use it after players have been accused of off the field stuff. Maybe it's true, I don't know. But how much control does a HC have over the players 24x7?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-10, 15:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

I always find this argument kind of funny when people use it after players have been accused of off the field stuff. Maybe it's true, I don't know. But how much control does a HC have over the players 24x7?

Not much, you are correct there. This time it feels different - this feels like things are imploding (IF all the rumors are true). I remember it felt BAD in 2002, but this feels much much worse.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-10, 15:34

Report on MSU sex assault probe could come next week

East Lansing — A final report from the Michigan State University Police investigating sexual assault charges against three student-athletes could come early next week, according to the Ingham County Prosecutor’s office.

Chief Assistant Prosecutor Lisa McCormick said on Friday that their office has not received the final report from university police and that it was likely to be completed sometime next week, at which point the prosecutor’s office will make its determination whether or not charges will be filed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-02-10, 15:44

LooseGoose wrote:Report on MSU sex assault probe could come next week

East Lansing — A final report from the Michigan State University Police investigating sexual assault charges against three student-athletes could come early next week, according to the Ingham County Prosecutor’s office.

Chief Assistant Prosecutor Lisa McCormick said on Friday that their office has not received the final report from university police and that it was likely to be completed sometime next week, at which point the prosecutor’s office will make its determination whether or not charges will be filed.

Karen Truszkowski, who is representing the accuser, said she has been communicating closely with Michigan State University Police as well as the Title IX investigator since she began working with the victim and her family nearly two weeks ago.

“I can tell you that once the investigation is finished that arrests will likely be imminent,” Truszkowski said. “There will be arrests made and they are working with the prosecutor’s office. I have been in contact with the Michigan state University Police Department and with the Title IX investigator. We are cooperating with them and helping them, providing them with whatever information that they need.

“I’m comfortable that they are doing everything that they need to do and the investigation is going as well as it can be under the circumstances.”

But wait... I thought a player was hauled off in cuffs in front of everybody yesterday and a coach was hauled off in cuffs in front of everybody today

Rolling Eyes
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next