Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football rumors (Merged)

+50
Duke Silver
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Murphy Green
Bob Lee Swagger
CORNER BLITZ
Henry Steele
The_Dude
whipcatlicks
By-Tor
Townie
Rocinante
Loose Stools
goodbar
Herbie Green
Clarett's Folly
Banacek
Nordic
General Grant
CampbellHall
Izzo Court
xsanguine
Cameron
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
Death Roe
SawGreen
Vlad
tanfan!
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
CheesySpartan
Steve81
Watch Out Pylon!
CaptainSlow33
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
54 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 Empty Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-02-21, 20:59

Herbie Green wrote:Sorry to get into politics but dare I ask if Hondo is a big Trump guy

Hondo is a big everything guy.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-02-21, 21:09

Clarett's Folly wrote:Wasn't it Hondo who initially released the names and threw out a bunch of shit to see what would stick?

which is what makes this so funny

- Several players mentioned on message boards are not correct. Both feel it's not fair to those falsely reported and feel Coach D should step up to clear the air because now the rumors are out there on message boards and social media.

We'll now that the rumors, that I put out there, are already out there...minus well just tell us everything
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-02-21, 21:19

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Sorry to get into politics but dare I ask if Hondo is a big Trump guy

Hondo is a big everything guy.

Beat me to it. bounce
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-02-21, 21:21

Hondo wins. He got everyone talking about him again. Maybe Izzo will take over when they fire Coach D?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-21, 21:55

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't know who you are.

I don't know what you want.

If you are looking for money I can tell you I don't have money.

What I do have are a very particular set of message board skills. Skills I have acquired over a long posting career.

And this sir, is an excellent post.

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 502811600
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 1966794946
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger 2017-02-21, 22:00

The Izzone should chant "Shut Up Hondo" on Thursday. Seriously this guy is an idiot and its pretty evident that he has never had a big story or covered a big story before. He spews his trash, makes accusations, cites students and parents as sources, and hopes beyond hope something sticks or he gets something right. To make matters worse he has Kyle Austin on, who sounds like he might be somewhere on the spectrum and he's trying to get him to agree with some of the nonsense and Kyle's like nah, not gonna go that far, ie King.

Pinky needs to cool his jets and use his peanut brain for a minute instead of it just rattling inside his dome like an empty can of spray paint. Why would anyone, including Dantonio, answer any questions or attempt to talk about an issue that is at this juncture is only a few steps above a rumor? Then if or when there are charges filed, why would that same person or persons talk about an ongoing legal matter? Has Hondo never watched Law and Order? This is basic shit, yet he's out here acting like Dantonio should be out here everyday giving updates on 100+ guys and what they ate and when they shit. Oh, and if Dantonio or anyone else wants to take a vacation in February who flipping cares. The guy works more hours in one year than Pinky does in 5 years, he's entitled to a break.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-21, 22:11

pur3 speculation:

no way. i just cant s33 it. Dude is just too jolly. more of a bernie man
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-02-21, 22:20

Welp, spring football can't come soon enough. At least we will have a player and coach roster.
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-02-21, 22:21

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:The Izzone should chant "Shut Up Hondo" on Thursday. Seriously this guy is an idiot and its pretty evident that he has never had a big story or covered a big story before. He spews his trash, makes accusations, cites students and parents as sources, and hopes beyond hope something sticks or he gets something right. To make matters worse he has Kyle Austin on, who sounds like he might be somewhere on the spectrum and he's trying to get him to agree with some of the nonsense and Kyle's like nah, not gonna go that far, ie King.

Pinky needs to cool his jets and use his peanut brain for a minute instead of it just rattling inside his dome like an empty can of spray paint. Why would anyone, including Dantonio, answer any questions or attempt to talk about an issue that is at this juncture is only a few steps above a rumor? Then if or when there are charges filed, why would that same person or persons talk about an ongoing legal matter? Has Hondo never watched Law and Order? This is basic shit, yet he's out here acting like Dantonio should be out here everyday giving updates on 100+ guys and what they ate and when they shit. Oh, and if Dantonio or anyone else wants to take a vacation in February who flipping cares. The guy works more hours in one year than Pinky does in 5 years, he's entitled to a break.

This guy fucks

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-21, 23:48

Nordic wrote:Hondo wins. He got everyone talking about him again. Maybe Izzo will take over when they fire Coach D?

lol!

He wasn't for real with that shit, was he?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2017-02-21, 23:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Nordic wrote:Hondo wins. He got everyone talking about him again. Maybe Izzo will take over when they fire Coach D?

lol!

He wasn't for real with that shit, was he?

Story goes he was fed that story to see if he would keep quiet or if he could be trusted....he pulled a Stoudt.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger 2017-02-22, 01:14

pulling69 wrote:Story goes he was fed that story to see if he would keep quiet or if he could be trusted....he pulled a Stoudt.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least but it then begs the question why do you give some boner, donar, fanboy, self created media member continued access to your programs and athletes?

I really just find it hard to believe some parent is crying to Pinky because their child has been falsely rumored and they can't talk to Dantonio because he on vacation. Most level headed parents would say, if you didn't do, who cares. When the truth comes out everyone will know the kid didn't have anything to do with it. If you're really, truly so broken up about it tell the Athletic Department you're calling your own presser to set the record straight or simply put out a statement of your own. You honestly have zero reason to use Pinky as your middle man, when there are other real journalists that could get your message out in a better manner. It would be much more believable coming from, well, pretty much anybody else.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-22, 04:30

Hondo is panicking.  
In less than a year he's gone from being ecstatic when Scout Media bought his site he worked on for year to watching Scout Media declare bankruptcy.  

CBS bought Scout Media in an auction ordered by the bankruptcy court.  Hondo will probably have the plug pulled soon because CBS doesn't need two "insiders".  Worse is CBS now owns the name to Hondo's site.  His only option may be to start from ground zero agan.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/02/01/913112/0/en/Scout-Media-Announces-Auction-Results.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 08:01

DWags wrote:
whipcatlicks wrote:From Hondo's Podcast from 2-17-2017:

-Kyle Austin co-hosted the show, who confirmed most of what Hondo said.

-There are "several" to up to 13 players on the team with a Red Card (in trouble).

- A student sent Hondo a selfie with a player in class who was joking with her about all the other Red Carded players on the team. This kind of open mocking of fellow players was worrisome to both Hondo and Kyle.

-Practice is probably completely closed to Media all spring (Kyle wasn't surprised). Both agree this would create a feeding frenzy around the program where rumors would run wild.

- Several players mentioned on message boards are not correct. Both feel it's not fair to those falsely reported and feel Coach D should step up to clear the air because now the rumors are out there on message boards and social media.

- There was another famous "Players-Only Meeting" on Feb 10th, which went horribly wrong.

- Unlike Hollis, Mark Dantonio took off on vacation to Costa Rica. He was not around for this infamous players-only meeting, only contributing to the problems of pending charges, turmoil in program because he wasn't there. His absence from the program was not taken well by people above Coach D.

- As a result of this players-only meeting, a couple parents contacted Hondo in tears because their son is not involved in any wrongdoing and Coach D was not around to address and clarify it. He still hasn't and the parents of innocent kids are not happy.

- At least 2 parents are super pissed that some of the "Red Carded" players are also on the "Eagles Council" (the leadership council) and Coach D has not done anything to address it or remove them. They specifically asked Hondo to bring this up at the next press conference.

Start at 13:30, then the next two segments:

What do you think he did down in Costa Rica.?  Sounds like a great getaway.  
Costa Rica is amazing - love the Pacific side.

been down a few times.. good surfing, some good cycling.. Imperial beers.. little corner convenience stores with cats walking around. Pretty sweet hang.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-22, 08:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

What do you think he did down in Costa Rica.?  Sounds like a great getaway.  

been down a few times.. good surfing, some good cycling.. Imperial beers.. little corner convenience stores with cats walking around. Pretty sweet hang.

Worst landing ever for me was San Jose, I thought I was gonna die.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-22, 09:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You haven't lived until you land in San Fransisco. Lookng out the side windows thinking you're in the water. So, do you think Dantonio surfed like Bob? I think it would be great to get some pics of him on a surfboard this week.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 09:17

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

it can get dicey down there with the winds coming off the ocean. We go in and out of Liberia - pretty small airport in the north - closer to Nicaragua.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 09:19

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You haven't lived until you land in San Fransisco. Lookng out the side windows thinking you're in the water. So, do you think Dantonio surfed like Bob? I think it would be great to get some pics of him on a surfboard this week.
we should get Hondo on it.

Not "on it" as in a surfboard in Costa Rica - nobody wants to see that.. by "on it" I mean getting pictures of Dantonio catching a wave. Win/win - a) we get a picture of Dantonio surfing and b) it would keep Hondo away from disseminating fake news.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-22, 09:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

we should get Hondo on it.

Not "on it" as in a surfboard in Costa Rica - nobody wants to see that.. by "on it" I mean getting pictures of Dantonio catching a wave. Win/win - a) we get a picture of Dantonio surfing and b) it would keep Hondo away from disseminating fake news.

If there was ever a picture of hondo on a surfboard, it would be my avatar
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-22, 09:25

Big time. I know a guy that worked with him a bit. Said he got super obnoxious about Trump after the election. He basically told Hondo to quit talking about politics and they haven't talked since.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 09:25

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:we should get Hondo on it.

I have scoured the internet for the picture of him decked out in a pink shirt on the sidelines at Notre Dame - we won in OT.. a rush off the right side and down the sidelines.. there was a picture of Hondo with this goofy look on his face wearing what amounted to a pink camping tent.

I wish I could find it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-22, 09:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I have scoured the internet for the picture of him decked out in a pink shirt on the sidelines at Notre Dame - we won in OT.. a rush off the right side and down the sidelines.. there was a picture of Hondo with this goofy look on his face wearing what amounted to a pink camping tent.

I wish I could find it.

Yeah, we've all seen it. I think it's in video form. It would have been great if he was eating a hot dog
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 09:54

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have scoured the internet for the picture of him decked out in a pink shirt on the sidelines at Notre Dame - we won in OT.. a rush off the right side and down the sidelines.. there was a picture of Hondo with this goofy look on his face wearing what amounted to a pink camping tent.

I wish I could find it.

Yeah, we've all seen it. I think it's in video form. It would have been great if he was eating a hot dog
this thread has a little bit of everything.. football, media references.. fake news.. casual discussion of early onset diabetes as it relates to Hondo.

so I'll take it down the fashion track and predict that he has an impeccable collection of jorts.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-02-22, 10:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

this thread has a little bit of everything.. football, media references.. fake news.. casual discussion of early onset diabetes as it relates to Hondo.

so I'll take it down the fashion track and predict that he has an impeccable collection of jorts.

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 1966794946
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-22, 10:07

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 Hondo210
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-22, 10:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

He seems like the type of guy that is really insecure about wearing shorts. Either because he has fat disgusting legs, or he has scrawny, hairless legs. I'm going to predict that he has an impressive selection of cargo jeans with hammer loops.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-22, 10:09

MattyFresh wrote:Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 Hondo210

You KNOW he didn't have to borrow that belt buckle from anyone. He brought that shit from home.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-22, 10:14

Thread smells like some good ole fashioned Hondo jealousy if you ask me !
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-22, 10:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Thread smells like some good ole fashioned Hondo jealousy if you ask me !

Hmmmm, lets see, you have a job, it allows you to follow MSU sports everywhere, you're at all the great games, you wake up maybe at noon, go over to a practice at 2:30, throw a couple of words together for your blog, get on the radio, make money for talking about the same shit we're doing for free and wasting time.

Jealous? Holy fucking shit, beyond jealous. I'd kill to be able to do what he does.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-02-22, 10:26

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Thread smells like some good ole fashioned Hondo jealousy if you ask me !

Hmmmm, lets see, you have a job, it allows you to follow MSU sports everywhere, you're at all the great games, you wake up maybe at noon, go over to a practice at 2:30, throw a couple of words together for your blog, get on the radio, make money for talking about the same shit we're doing for free and wasting time.

Jealous? Holy fucking shit, beyond jealous. I'd kill to be able to do what he does.

Let's be honest, Hondo doesn't even put that much effort in. He goes to games and maybe the occasional radio interview and then quickly cobbles a couple words together. I'm not throwing hate - I would absolutely kill to get paid to do that kind of work on that type of schedule.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-22, 10:27

DWags wrote:

Hmmmm, lets see, you have a job, it allows you to follow MSU sports everywhere, you're at all the great games, you wake up maybe at noon, wear cool belt buckles, go over to a practice at 2:30, throw a couple of words together for your blog, get on the radio, make money for talking about the same shit we're doing for free and wasting time.

FIFY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 10:31

DWags wrote:

Hmmmm, lets see, you have a job, it allows you to follow MSU sports everywhere, you're at all the great games, you wake up maybe at noon, go over to a practice at 2:30,  throw a couple of words together for your blog, get on the radio, make money for talking about the same shit we're doing for free and wasting time.

Jealous?  Holy fucking shit, beyond jealous.  I'd kill to be able to do what he does.  
the only thing I know about the dude is what I read here.. but I'm pretty sure I'd prefer my life.

Heck, I'd probably even prefer OTPT's life over his.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-22, 10:33

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Let's be honest, Hondo doesn't even put that much effort in. He goes to games and maybe the occasional radio interview and then quickly cobbles a couple words together. I'm not throwing hate - I would absolutely kill to get paid to do that kind of work on that type of schedule.

Yep. Many of us are upset with that radio show, so we're "throwing shade" I guess. It is irresponsible if it's not true, but it's his show. If he hasn't slandered anyone, have at it. So the anger might be mixed with jealousy. But damn, the guy has a job I would walk on broken glass for.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 10:34

MattyFresh wrote:Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 Hondo210
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 Giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-02-22, 10:37

DWags wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Yep. Many of us are upset with that radio show, so we're "throwing shade" I guess. It is irresponsible if it's not true, but it's his show. If he hasn't slandered anyone, have at it. So the anger might be mixed with jealousy. But damn, the guy has a job I would walk on broken glass for.

Posted this is tofficial Hondo thread: Either be a reporter or a donor/friend of the program.

You can't be both.

Hondo is creepy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-22, 10:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hmmmm, lets see, you have a job, it allows you to follow MSU sports everywhere, you're at all the great games, you wake up maybe at noon, go over to a practice at 2:30,  throw a couple of words together for your blog, get on the radio, make money for talking about the same shit we're doing for free and wasting time.

Jealous?  Holy fucking shit, beyond jealous.  I'd kill to be able to do what he does.  
the only thing I know about the dude is what I read here.. but I'm pretty sure I'd prefer my life.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I"d take anybody's life over mine. Even Dendo, and she's pregnant.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 10:42

DWags wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

while you might envy his life, I suspect that your digestive system doesn't.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-22, 10:43

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

At this point, I'm pretty sure I"d take anybody's life over mine. Even Dendo, and she's pregnant.
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 10 502811600

you need to talk, brah? I'm available via PM.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-02-22, 11:01

I don't know if I'd take his job. One, I'm guessing he makes dick for money. Two, a long time ago I realized I didn't like trying to turn hobbies into jobs. It seems like it would just sap my will to live after a while.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Green 2017-02-22, 19:25

DWags wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Let's be honest, Hondo doesn't even put that much effort in.  He goes to games and maybe the occasional radio interview and then quickly cobbles a couple words together.  I'm not throwing hate - I would absolutely kill to get paid to do that kind of work on that type of schedule.

Yep.  Many of us are upset with that radio show, so we're "throwing shade" I guess.  It is irresponsible if it's not true, but it's his show.  If he hasn't slandered anyone, have at it.  So the anger might be mixed with jealousy.  But damn, the guy has a job I would walk on broken glass for.  

No, you wouldn't.  You would never give out confidential information, you certainly wouldn't give out 'fake' or misleading information and you wouldn't want to have to pander to fanatics so you could put food on the table and a roof over the wife's head.  

Maybe you would like his lifestyle of getting up late, following the program, etc if you were independently wealthy.  I understand the powerball jackpot is over $400 real large; better make a beeline down to your local lottery agent.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next