Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football rumors (Merged)

+50
Duke Silver
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Murphy Green
Bob Lee Swagger
CORNER BLITZ
Henry Steele
The_Dude
whipcatlicks
By-Tor
Townie
Rocinante
Loose Stools
goodbar
Herbie Green
Clarett's Folly
Banacek
Nordic
General Grant
CampbellHall
Izzo Court
xsanguine
Cameron
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
Death Roe
SawGreen
Vlad
tanfan!
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Stoops21
Floyd Robertson
AnomanderRake
pulling69
Wally Fairway
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
CheesySpartan
Steve81
Watch Out Pylon!
CaptainSlow33
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
SeeRockCity
54 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 12 Empty Re: Football rumors (Merged)

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 13:15

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I think it's irrelevant whether he waited or not. Who cares about "basic PR". When has Dantonio ever handled legal things in "basic PR" ways? That's one of his great qualities, that he doesn't let "basic PR" dictate what he does.

Did you think that the lack of a statement meant that he wasn't handling the situation? Is there something in that letter that now made you think, "Oh, ok, if I knew that, I would have felt much better a week ago."

Exactly.
"The pro forma statement came out now so he must just be getting on top of the situation and started to care about it and take it seriously."
Balderdash.
sheer poppycock, I say!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-01, 13:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Exactly.
"The pro forma statement came out now so he must just be getting on top of the situation and started to care about it and take it seriously."
Balderdash.
sheer poppycock, I say!

Folderol!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 13:28

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: sheer poppycock, I say!

Folderol!
this tomfoolery must cease!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-01, 13:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You think it's irrelevant?  So, it would have been OK to say nothing?  I disagree.  

It's not a great quality to say nothing in a situation like this.  

You can't compare it to the Bullough thing.  That's silly.

It's a basic statement.  It doesn't make me feel better.  But, it's a statement that needed to be made.  Obviously, someone felt that way and a statement came out.  It was overdue in my opinion.

I said the timing is irrelevant.  I didn't say it's ok to say nothing ever.  At some point, yes, it will have to be addressed, because he'll have to do press conferences, and it's fair to explain if a coach has been fired or players have been kicked off the team.  

You say it's not a great quality to say nothing in a situation like this.  But what did his statement say?  Nothing.  What would it have said a week ago?  Nothing.  You prefer a statement that says nothing, to not saying anything?  I could care less either way, because whether there are words on a piece of paper/screen, or no words at all, both say the same thing: Nothing.  

You said before that you have to show that you're handling the situation.  Over the last week, prior to yesterday, did you think that Dantonio was not handling the situation at all?

I don't think it matters that the statement was nothing more than boiler plate ambiguity. I think that PR 101 in the modern era is get ahead of the curve by issuing a meaningless statement as early as possible.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-01, 14:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Folderol!
this tomfoolery must cease!!

I take umbridge with this codswallop.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 14:22

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this tomfoolery must cease!!

F**CK OFF, MUTHAF**KER!!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 15:12

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You think it's irrelevant? So, it would have been OK to say nothing? I disagree.

It's not a great quality to say nothing in a situation like this.

You can't compare it to the Bullough thing. That's silly.

It's a basic statement. It doesn't make me feel better. But, it's a statement that needed to be made. Obviously, someone felt that way and a statement came out. It was overdue in my opinion.

I said the timing is irrelevant. I didn't say it's ok to say nothing ever. At some point, yes, it will have to be addressed, because he'll have to do press conferences, and it's fair to explain if a coach has been fired or players have been kicked off the team.

You say it's not a great quality to say nothing in a situation like this. But what did his statement say? Nothing. What would it have said a week ago? Nothing. You prefer a statement that says nothing, to not saying anything? I could care less either way, because whether there are words on a piece of paper/screen, or no words at all, both say the same thing: Nothing.

You said before that you have to show that you're handling the situation. Over the last week, prior to yesterday, did you think that Dantonio was not handling the situation at all?

The timing isn't irrelevant though. That's why a statement was put out. You want to get ahead of what may be something not so great for the program. You don't want players getting arrested (hypothetically), or coaches (hypothetically) getting let go and then making a statement after.

I think the statement was overdue.

A public statement needed to be made that Dantonio was handling it. It doesn't matter if I think he was (or wasn't) handling it before. A statement needed to be made. They made one.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-01, 15:38

Guys.... I think the horse you are beating on is dead
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-03-01, 15:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I said the timing is irrelevant.  I didn't say it's ok to say nothing ever.  At some point, yes, it will have to be addressed, because he'll have to do press conferences, and it's fair to explain if a coach has been fired or players have been kicked off the team.  

You say it's not a great quality to say nothing in a situation like this.  But what did his statement say?  Nothing.  What would it have said a week ago?  Nothing.  You prefer a statement that says nothing, to not saying anything?  I could care less either way, because whether there are words on a piece of paper/screen, or no words at all, both say the same thing: Nothing.  

You said before that you have to show that you're handling the situation.  Over the last week, prior to yesterday, did you think that Dantonio was not handling the situation at all?

I don't think it matters that the statement was nothing more than boiler plate ambiguity. I think that PR 101 in the modern era is get ahead of the curve by issuing a meaningless statement as early as possible.
Perhaps, but when during the past decade that Dantonio has been here, has he given much of a crap about what looks good from a PR perspective, especially when it comes to legal/disciplinary issues. How often has he gotten blasted for not taking the PR 101 road? He does what he thinks is right, not what's going to look good to outsiders.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-03-01, 16:09

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I said the timing is irrelevant. I didn't say it's ok to say nothing ever. At some point, yes, it will have to be addressed, because he'll have to do press conferences, and it's fair to explain if a coach has been fired or players have been kicked off the team.

You say it's not a great quality to say nothing in a situation like this. But what did his statement say? Nothing. What would it have said a week ago? Nothing. You prefer a statement that says nothing, to not saying anything? I could care less either way, because whether there are words on a piece of paper/screen, or no words at all, both say the same thing: Nothing.

You said before that you have to show that you're handling the situation. Over the last week, prior to yesterday, did you think that Dantonio was not handling the situation at all?

The timing isn't irrelevant though. That's why a statement was put out. You want to get ahead of what may be something not so great for the program. You don't want players getting arrested (hypothetically), or coaches (hypothetically) getting let go and then making a statement after.

A public statement needed to be made that Dantonio was handling it. It doesn't matter if I think he was (or wasn't) handling it before. A statement needed to be made. They made one.

Before you said that he has to show people that he's handling the situation. Now you're saying it doesn't matter if you think he was or wasn't handling it. So if not alumni and fans, who is thinking that he's not handling it that needs to be shown that he is via a nothing statement?

I understand that your point is that it's good PR to make a statement and make it early. And my point is just that Dantonio gives very few fucks about doing things just for PR reasons.

6 months from now, a year from now, 5 years from now, do you think anyone is going to care whether Dantonio released a statement about this on February 28th versus February 21st? Do you think that 6+ months from now anyone's opinion on Dantonio, the program, or the University will have been impacted by that one week delay? Can you tell me, without looking it up, when Dantonio first made a statement on Delton Williams legal issues?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 16:12

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Perhaps, but when during the past decade that Dantonio has been here, has he given much of a crap about what looks good from a PR perspective, especially when it comes to legal/disciplinary issues. How often has he gotten blasted for not taking the PR 101 road? He does what he thinks is right, not what's going to look good to outsiders.

You don't think this is different?

I do.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-01, 16:25

Has anyone here ever taken PR 101? Who was your TA? The Russian guy or the Indian chick?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 16:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Before you said that he has to show people that he's handling the situation. Now you're saying it doesn't matter if you think he was or wasn't handling it. So if not alumni and fans, who is thinking that he's not handling it that needs to be shown that he is via a nothing statement?

I understand that your point is that it's good PR to make a statement and make it early. And my point is just that Dantonio gives very few fucks about doing things just for PR reasons.

6 months from now, a year from now, 5 years from now, do you think anyone is going to care whether Dantonio released a statement about this on February 28th versus February 21st? Do you think that 6+ months from now anyone's opinion on Dantonio, the program, or the University will have been impacted by that one week delay? Can you tell me, without looking it up, when Dantonio first made a statement on Delton Williams legal issues?

Not sure how many times I can say this. Obviously they felt a statement needed to be put out. I think it was overdue. It doesn't matter whether I personally think Dantonio was handling it before or after the letter. It matters for public perception. Do you honestly not understand that? Do you honestly not understand that they needed to get in front of this before (potentially) really bad news got out?

I think they should have (at the latest) released a statement before spring practice started. That is my opinion. It doesn't reflect whether I think the situation was being handled or not. I think a statement needed to be released, and I think they should have done it sooner. That's it. Not that big of a deal. That's my opinion.

And you can't compare this to the Bullough situation (as you earlier tried), or the Delton thing. This is much, much worse.

If Dantonio didn't care what people thought before (which seems to be your argument), he sure seems to care now (as he did release a statement). That alone might tell you something.

I'm done.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-01, 16:31

Dammit Nigel! Shouldn't you have had this all figured out on your three day weekend to EL for senior day! Instead you were stalking Bob at a meaningless high school game.Football rumors (Merged) - Page 12 901027492 Football rumors (Merged) - Page 12 1896033241
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-01, 16:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

F**CK OFF, MUTHAF**KER!!!

That doesn't sound like something from the days of yore. Is it from yesteryear?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-01, 16:38

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: F**CK OFF, MUTHAF**KER!!!

What Bob meant was "Alas off muth'rf*%k'r"
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-01, 16:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Has anyone here ever taken PR 101? Who was your TA? The Russian guy or the Indian chick?

Everything I learned about PR I got from Larry Vaughn, mayor of Amity Island.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-01, 16:42

CheesySpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What Bob meant was "Alas off muth'rf*%k'r"

Thanks for the modern interpretation. That makes way more sense now. Bob needs to work on clarity in writing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-03-01, 17:38

Poster "Detroitbry" posting a lot of stuff on victors about the "incident" lately. Is he full of shit?
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 17:40

Steve81 wrote:Poster "Detroitbry" posting a lot of stuff on victors about the "incident" lately. Is he full of shit?

He was 10 years ago, I assume he still is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-03-01, 18:46

NigelUno wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Not sure how many times I can say this. Obviously they felt a statement needed to be put out. I think it was overdue. It doesn't matter whether I personally think Dantonio was handling it before or after the letter. It matters for public perception. Do you honestly not understand that? Do you honestly not understand that they needed to get in front of this before (potentially) really bad news got out?

I think they should have (at the latest) released a statement before spring practice started. That is my opinion. It doesn't reflect whether I think the situation was being handled or not. I think a statement needed to be released, and I think they should have done it sooner. That's it. Not that big of a deal. That's my opinion.

And you can't compare this to the Bullough situation (as you earlier tried), or the Delton thing. This is much, much worse.

If Dantonio didn't care what people thought before (which seems to be your argument), he sure seems to care now (as he did release a statement). That alone might tell you something.

I'm done.
Public perception? Who? Who's perception is this going to impact, whether a statement is released February 21 or February 28? You really think that week damaged public perception any more? You think that week of waiting is going to impact public perception 6 months+ down the road? That's what I don't understand from your argument, why sending it this week, as opposed to last week, made any real difference to anything important.

I don't think releasing this now means he cares any more about doing things for PR purposes. Spring practice was starting, so he knew he'd have to be giving press conferences soon, then the spring game, etc. If this happened in May, he probably still wouldn't have released the info this soon after.

You ask if I can't understand why they need to get in front of this before news got out. News IS out. He didnt break any news. It was out more than a week ago. By the time you heard about it and thought he should release a statement, the news was out. So what is he getting in front of, by releasing less information than we all already know? Oh, that's right, public perception. BFD. I'd rather our coach do what he thinks is right, especially with MD's track record of being an upstanding guy by all accounts, than to do what he thinks will appease some public perception. I'd rather have him get a good understanding of the situation before commenting.

We obviously see things differently, and that's fine.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-02, 01:31

Steve81 wrote:Poster "Detroitbry" posting a lot of stuff on victors about the "incident" lately. Is he full of shit?

Link, or is there a paywall?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 06:50

Cackle.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-02, 08:02

Why would you trust Bry? He's a moron.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-02, 08:21

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-02, 14:49

Clarett's Folly wrote:

same.

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-02, 20:01

What's this Bry guy saying
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-03-02, 20:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's this Bry guy saying
March 1 @ 4:40 is his post on Victors free message board for all to see.
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-02, 20:18

Steve81 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What's this Bry guy saying
March 1 @ 4:40 is his post on Victors free message board for all to see.

Maybe a link?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-02, 20:41

tGreenWay wrote:
Steve81 wrote:March 1 @ 4:40 is his post on Victors free message board for all to see.

Maybe a link?

Yeah, what is this, a puzzle?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-02, 21:36

Yeah sorry, I'm somewhat skilled at finding obscure shit on the internet and that board, if I'm even looking at the right board, is a total fucking clusterfuck. Unpossible to navigate.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-02, 21:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah sorry, I'm somewhat skilled at finding obscure shit on the internet and that board, if I'm even looking at the right board, is a total fucking clusterfuck. Unpossible to navigate.

I remember that board from years ago and it still is the same POS Football rumors (Merged) - Page 12 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-02, 21:40

Ok I found it. Ho hum. Nothing new here or particularly revealing.

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1488404430.71553&user=thevictors&page=7
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-03-02, 22:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah sorry, I'm somewhat skilled at finding obscure shit on the internet and that board, if I'm even looking at the right board, is a total fucking clusterfuck. Unpossible to navigate.

I remember that board from years ago and it still is the same POS Football rumors (Merged) - Page 12 502811600

Jesus Christ I just went to it and its worse than mgoblow. Goodness
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 22:05

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Cackle.
Burger boys.
Dominos.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-02, 22:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok I found it. Ho hum. Nothing new here or particularly revealing.

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1488404430.71553&user=thevictors&page=7

I had to connect my computer to my phone line and dial up AOL to read that.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-02, 22:10

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok I found it. Ho hum. Nothing new here or particularly revealing.

I had to connect my computer to my phone line and dial up AOL to read that.
Football rumors (Merged) - Page 12 1966794946
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-14, 10:30

Football rumors (Merged) - Page 12 C64p4BuWwAAwmh_
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-14, 10:42

MSU police complete football sex assault investigation

LANSING - Ingham County Prosecutor Carol Siemon has received follow-up reports from Michigan State University police in the continued investigation of reported sex assaults involving MSU football players, according to a news release.

Officials are reviewing the reports and will make a decision about whether to file charges, Siemon said in a news release.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-14, 10:51

I realize that they want to make certain a thorough investigation is complete.. and, by no means, does anyone want to bring such life-altering charges without sufficient evidence.. but it sure seems to be taking some time. I'm not sure what that might mean.. are witnesses reluctant to testify and/or even follow-through with potential charges? Siemon, being a newly-elected prosecutor, is likely moving forward in a very steadfast (somewhat cautious?) manner to make certain the office has every potential aspect of this situation tended to.

as I've said previously in this thread, ultimately this isn't any of our business unless and until charges are filed - it then becomes a matter of public record. Making informed, deliberate and well-calculated decisions here are paramount to the lives of a lot of people. I suspect the prosectuor's office knows that and is proceeding accordingly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next