Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

+18
Death Roe
xsanguine
steveschneider
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Cameron
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 2 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 09:42

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Its not a bellweather distrct.  Price ran to the right of Trump and won by over 10 points.  

If anything the GOP voters will want the next GOP representative to be at least as far right as Price was to help keep Trump from straying.

I'd agree it's not a bellweather but odd things happen in special elections.

This one has a Democrat that's never run for office and doesn't live in the district, yet he's raised $2 million to run.

Newcomer with war chest gives Democrats hope in Georgia’s 6th District

From your link:

"If history is a guide, there will be no upset. The last time a Georgia congressional seat flipped in a special election was in 1872, according to an analysis by University of Minnesota political scientist Eric Ostermeier, and few of the 30 races since then have even been close."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 2 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 09:46

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'd agree it's not a bellweather but odd things happen in special elections.

This one has a Democrat that's never run for office and doesn't live in the district, yet he's raised $2 million to run.

Newcomer with war chest gives Democrats hope in Georgia’s 6th District

From your link:

"If history is a guide, there will be no upset. The last time a Georgia congressional seat flipped in a special election was in 1872, according to an analysis by University of Minnesota political scientist Eric Ostermeier, and few of the 30 races since then have even been close."
The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 09:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

From your link:

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 2 502811600

Nedgo Uno is quite good at contradicting predictions I never made. I predicted the R by 10 and somehow his brain interpreted that as me predicting an upset by a democrat. Amazing projection once again. He's spent this entire thread arguing a prediction I never made was wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 09:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 2 502811600

Nedgo Uno is quite good at contradicting predictions I never made. I predicted the R by 10 and somehow his brain interpreted that as me predicting an upset by a democrat. Amazing projection once again. He's spent this entire thread arguing a prediction I never made was wrong.
meh - knuckle-draggers will vote for the republican.

not sure how that can be spun as a referendum on the sexual predator for his supporters.. though I've never claimed to fully understand his supporters anyway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 10:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 2 502811600

Huh?

You said odd things happen. What would be an "odd thing" in this district? In this election?

Again...I live here. You seem to think you have some sort of internet knowledge that supersedes that.

This election won't be "a tell" of anything. I have said that over and over, yet you seem to be perpetuating the belief it will be.

That belief is wrong. Sorry.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 10:05

The fact the Washington Examiner was linked was a tell. Its a real publication. A very conservative weekly news magazine.

That publication was setting up the false premise to later use as proof Trump has support.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 10:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

meh - knuckle-draggers will vote for the republican.

not sure how that can be spun as a referendum on the sexual predator for his supporters.. though I've never claimed to fully understand his supporters anyway.

Trump didn't have great support in the district. I said that leading into the fall election. Didn't see a lot of bumper stickers or yard signs, and this is a heavily Republican district (did I mention that?).

The election in April will have nothing to do with Trump. His name isn't on the ballot. Republicans will vote Republican. Price won by over 20% points.

Again...the idea that this election has significance or is a referendum on Trump is laughable.

Some people seem to only believe what they read on the internet though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-01, 10:14

LooseGoose wrote:A referendum on Trump in Newt's old district

Thankfully, a ruby-red Republican House district once held by Newt Gingrich — one that Republicans have consistently won ever since by 60 percentage points, but that surprisingly went for Trump only narrowly over Hillary Clinton — is about to let us know. Between April and June, the Georgia congressional district will be the first real test of whether these congressional town-hall meetings, capturing so many national headlines and so much airtime during Congress's winter recess, are real and meaningful where it counts, at the ballot box.

I don't even know who is running but I'll say the R by 10+ points.

But this will be one to watch.

Goose, just so we're clear since I know that nigel isn't always as eloquent as he'd like to be, (I'm just teasing nigel I think you're eloquent as fuck) I don't think he's taking issue with the prediction part. I think he's taking issue with the bolded part.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 10:15

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh - knuckle-draggers will vote for the republican.

Trump didn't have great support in the district. I said that leading into the fall election. Didn't see a lot of bumper stickers or yard signs, and this is a heavily Republican district (did I mention that?).

The election in April will have nothing to do with Trump. His name isn't on the ballot. Republicans will vote Republican. Price won by over 20% points.

Again...the idea that this election has significance or is a referendum on Trump is laughable.

Some people seem to only believe what they read on the internet though.
"I read it on the mainstream media.. it must be true"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 10:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Goose, just so we're clear since I know that nigel isn't always as eloquent as he'd like to be, (I'm just teasing nigel I think you're eloquent as fuck) I don't think he's taking issue with the prediction part. I think he's taking issue with the bolded part.

Even the prediction part is silly. There isn't a singular "the R" candidate. There are 18 people running...11 are Republicans. "the R" candidate isn't going to win by 10 points on April 18th. It's possible the leading Democrat in polls could "win" with the most votes on April 18th (but not get 50%) and still easily lose a run off election in June.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 10:48

That could be, but I didn't write it. My point on weird things happening in Specials has been proven time and time again - e.g. Scott Brown in Massachusetts.

Another that happened long before most of you - 1974 in the Thumb of Michigan. A house district that had elected a Dem for 8 of the previous 100 years had a special election. A district so "Red" that Nixon actually came in and campaigned - his last such appearance - and Bob Traxler won for the Dems. The 1st win for them since the FDR Wave elections of 1932 and 1934. I remember the disbelief well since I was a teenager living in that district. This was in April of '74, Nixon had roughly the same approval numbers nationally as Trump has now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 10:51

NigelUno wrote:

Even the prediction part is silly. There isn't a singular "the R" candidate. There are 18 people running...11 are Republicans. "the R" candidate isn't going to win by 10 points on April 18th. It's possible the leading Democrat in polls could "win" with the most votes on April 18th (but not get 50%) and still easily lose a run off election in June.

There will eventually be a singular winner you ninny. My prediction is that that winner will be an R by 10. Just as I said in post #1. There, now go argue with yourself for another 40 posts. Make sure to remind us that since you live in the district that you can't be wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 10:52

LooseGoose wrote:

That could be, but I didn't write it.    My point on weird things happening in Specials has been proven time and time again - e.g. Scott Brown in Massachusetts.  

Another that happened long before most of you - 1974 in the Thumb of Michigan.  A house district that had elected a Dem for 8 of the previous 100 years had a special election.  A district so "Red" that Nixon actually came in and campaigned - his last such appearance - and Bob Traxler won for the Dems.   The 1st win for them since the FDR Wave elections of 1932 and 1934.   I remember the disbelief well since I was a teenager living in that district.   This was in April of '74, Nixon had roughly the same approval numbers nationally as Trump has now.

You didn't write this?  

LooseGoose wrote:

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 10:56

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Even the prediction part is silly.  There isn't a singular "the R" candidate.  There are 18 people running...11 are Republicans.  "the R" candidate isn't going to win by 10 points on April 18th.  It's possible the leading Democrat in polls could "win" with the most votes on April 18th (but not get 50%) and still easily lose a run off election in June.

There will eventually be a singular winner you ninny.  My prediction is that that winner will be an R by 10.  Just as I said in post #1.   There, now go argue with yourself for another 40 posts.   Make sure to remind us that since you live in the district that you can't be wrong.

In post #1 of a thread you started referring to April 18th...you think "the R" candidate will win by 10...on April 18th.

I'm curious...what do you think I'm wrong about?

And why will this be one to watch? You believe this district vote will be a referendum of Trump...because you read that on the internet?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 11:09

Handel will probably end up winning in June. She has the most name recognition.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 11:11

NigelUno wrote:Handel will probably end up winning in June. She has the most name recognition.

she's a messiah.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 11:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Handel will probably end up winning in June. She has the most name recognition.

she's a messiah.

And she has a cool sign on a section of road I frequently drive...one of those sponsored trash pick up/beautification signs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 12:38

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That could be, but I didn't write it.    My point on weird things happening in Specials has been proven time and time again - e.g. Scott Brown in Massachusetts.  

Another that happened long before most of you - 1974 in the Thumb of Michigan.  A house district that had elected a Dem for 8 of the previous 100 years had a special election.  A district so "Red" that Nixon actually came in and campaigned - his last such appearance - and Bob Traxler won for the Dems.   The 1st win for them since the FDR Wave elections of 1932 and 1934.   I remember the disbelief well since I was a teenager living in that district.   This was in April of '74, Nixon had roughly the same approval numbers nationally as Trump has now.

You didn't write this?  

LooseGoose wrote:

Jeezus you're stupid. I was telling Travis that i didn't write what HE highlighted. Your reading comprehension seems to be on about a "Fun with Dick and Jane" level. It's why I generally avoid responding to you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 12:41

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

There will eventually be a singular winner you ninny.  My prediction is that that winner will be an R by 10.  Just as I said in post #1.   There, now go argue with yourself for another 40 posts.   Make sure to remind us that since you live in the district that you can't be wrong.

In post #1 of a thread you started referring to April 18th...you think "the R" candidate will win by 10...on April 18th.

I'm curious...what do you think I'm wrong about?

And why will this be one to watch? You believe this district vote will be a referendum of Trump...because you read that on the internet?

No, because it's a special election. Sorry that bothers you. And again you're adding things I didn't say. You people love doing that.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 12:45

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You didn't write this?  

Jeezus you're stupid.   I was telling Travis that i didn't write what HE highlighted.   Your reading comprehension seems to be on about a "Fun with Dick and Jane" level.   It's why I generally avoid responding to you.

Ummm...you did write the part that HE highlighted.

You wrote "But this will be the one to watch.", correct? That is the part he highlighted.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 13:04

NigelUno wrote:And why will this be one to watch? You believe this district vote will be a referendum of Trump...because you read that on the internet?

And in addition to adding "quotes" to me that I didn't say you ignore the things I do type. The combination is maddening and I think once again I'll put you back on ignore. I've cited 2 examples in this thread of special elections yielding weird results - Traxler '74 and Scott Brown '09. There are many more examples to be found if it were important to do so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 13:07

this special election will be absolutely riveting..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-01, 13:31

Desperate times for Democrats. They are self imploding and being exposed for the radicals we always knew they were.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 13:54

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:And why will this be one to watch?  You believe this district vote will be a referendum of Trump...because you read that on the internet?  

And in addition to adding "quotes" to me that I didn't say you ignore the things I do type.   The combination is maddening and I think once again I'll put you back on ignore.   I've cited 2 examples in this thread of special elections yielding weird results - Traxler '74 and Scott Brown '09.   There are many more examples to be found if it were important to do so.

So, because a "weird result" happened in the past in another state, that means a Democrat could win on April 18th?

Is it strange you don't want to talk about past special elections in Georgia?  There was something about those in a link that you provided.

And would a "weird result" in this special election be a "tell"? Or just a "weird result"?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 14:13

Doesn't mean a thing. Just interesting to watch...you boys continue to argue among yourselves.

Special elections: Increased Dem turnout shows midterm headwinds already howling for Republicans

In special elections last night in Connecticut, Democrats easily held on to one of their own state House seats and a state Senate seat as well.

And they came up short in trying to take over a Republican-held seat, leaving the state Senate in a tie that the Democratic lieutenant governor can break. But as in the Delaware special election over the weekend, Democratic turnout was a lot stronger than you would have expected.

The secretary of state doesn't have the official totals yet. But the unofficial tally confirms the recent surge in Democratic interest in voting and activism. Whereas the Republican candidate in Connecticut Senate District 32 got about one-third of GOP November turnout, the Democrat got more than half of his party's general election turnout. That allowed the Democrat to lose with a respectable 45 percent of the vote in a district that has gone 60-plus percent for a Republican every election since the current boundaries were first used in 2012.

This difference in turnout suggests a huge enthusiasm gap in the early Trump era, and that should alarm Republicans. The headwind the party will face in the 2018 midterm is already howling, and they need to start doing whatever they can to adjust for it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 14:16

hey Goose - quick favor..

whenever this historically consequential election occurs, will you be sure to let us know who wins?? Please?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 15:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hey Goose - quick favor..

whenever this historically consequential election occurs, will you be sure to let us know who wins?? Please?

Just don't highlight something he says. He'll deny he said it later.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 15:05

I'll be sure to do so. Though as with most elections over the last 6 years it'll likely be a Republican winning so you're bound to be disappointed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 15:07

LooseGoose wrote:

I'll be sure to do so. Though as with most elections over the last 6 years it'll likely be a Republican winning so you're bound to be disappointed.
the comedy they bring is what's important.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-01, 15:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Many have tried before but trying to have a conversation with you is like talking to a brick wall.

Let's get back to the topic of this thread instead of talking about approval ratings or why viewing politics as right vs. left is shortsighted at best.

How does one house seat in Georgia = a referendum on Trump?

Again, I didn't say that. More words put into my mouth.  That was the headline on the article linked.   My prediction was the R by 10.  The only way the election would be a tell is if we see a narrow R win or a loss.

You didn't say that. OK. So what? Are you now saying you don't believe that link you posted? Why post it then? The mental gymnastics you attempt are mind boggling.

Or maybe you're trying to back off this statement now that people who know the situation more than you are calling it bullshit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 15:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Again, I didn't say that. More words put into my mouth.  That was the headline on the article linked.   My prediction was the R by 10.  The only way the election would be a tell is if we see a narrow R win or a loss.

You didn't say that. OK. So what? Are you now saying you don't believe that link you posted? Why post it then? The mental gymnastics you attempt are mind boggling.

Or maybe you're trying to back off this statement now that people who know the situation more than you are calling it bullshit.

No "gymnastics" at all, I'll stick to my prediction of the R by 10 and that if it's close or a D wins that it'll be a tell on Trump's popularity.
The only people attempting to do gymnastics are those doing the Twist with my words.

As far as believing my link is that now that standard here?   That you have to fully support/believe everything in anything you link?
If that's the case I'll be happy to point out positions that others link as "their" statements, whether they made them or not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 16:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

No "gymnastics" at all, I'll stick to my prediction of the R by 10 and that if it's close or a D wins that it'll be a tell on Trump's popularity.
The only people attempting to do gymnastics are those doing the Twist with my words.

As far as believing my link is that now that standard here?   That you have to fully support/believe everything in anything you link?
If that's the case I'll be happy to point out positions that others link as "their" statements, whether they made them or not.

Was your prediction that "the R" candidate will win by 10 on April 18th?  

Can you also confirm whether you said..."But this will be one to watch"?

Or will you be attempting some gymnastics?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 18:22

I'll go out on a limb and predict every Republican on the ballot will win in Ottawa County in 2018 and 2020.

That's about as daring as the GOP carrying Georgia's 6th by 10 points
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 18:33

GRR Spartan wrote:I'll go out on a limb and predict every Republican on the ballot will win in Ottawa County in 2018 and 2020.

LOL.....and nowhere did I say I was being daring or bold. But carry on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 18:56

GRR Spartan wrote:I'll go out on a limb and predict every Republican on the ballot will win in Ottawa County in 2018 and 2020.

Detroit will have a democratic mayor
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 19:09

LooseGoose wrote:

LOL.....and nowhere did I say I was being daring or bold. But carry on.

I'm shocked you didn't try to blame Obama but you're too busy polishing Trump's anatomy
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-20, 23:10

Nigel you all registered for #thefirsttest? I heard today was the last day to register. So I hope so. Anyway, I heard a democrat candidate Jon Ossoff on this podcast I listen to and he seemed like a pretty decent dude. I dunno. You should listen, guy who lives there. It's called pod save America, it's several former obama staff members (speech writers, national security spokesman, etc) that give an interesting perspective on the news which goose will call stupid stupid bullshit but the rest of you might be interested. Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-21, 07:43

bump..

the big day is rapidly approaching where there is a possibility that the state of Georgia could elect a republican.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-21, 07:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Nigel you all registered for #thefirsttest? I heard today was the last day to register. So I hope so. Anyway, I heard a democrat candidate Jon Ossoff on this podcast I listen to and he seemed like a pretty decent dude. I dunno. You should listen, guy who lives there. It's called pod save America, it's several former obama staff members (speech writers, national security spokesman, etc) that give an interesting perspective on the news which goose will call stupid stupid bullshit but the rest of you might be interested. Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.

I am a registered voter.  I don't need to listen to a podcast about my district.  I can just go outside, look around, and see if there's a storm brewing.  I'll let you know in about 10-20 minutes. Looks like a sunny, no clouds in the sky, Republican day just by glancing out the windows.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-21, 08:38

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Nigel you all registered for #thefirsttest? I heard today was the last day to register. So I hope so. Anyway, I heard a democrat candidate Jon Ossoff on this podcast I listen to and he seemed like a pretty decent dude. I dunno. You should listen, guy who lives there. It's called pod save America, it's several former obama staff members (speech writers, national security spokesman, etc) that give an interesting perspective on the news which goose will call stupid stupid bullshit but the rest of you might be interested. Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.

I am a registered voter.  I don't need to listen to a podcast about my district.  I can just go outside, look around, and see if there's a storm brewing.  I'll let you know in about 10-20 minutes. Looks like a sunny, no clouds in the sky, Republican day just by glancing out the windows.

They talk about other stuff too nigel. Don't be a meanie.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next