Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

+18
Death Roe
xsanguine
steveschneider
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
Cameron
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 11 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-14, 11:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose is shook. Trump is decimating the Republican base. Impeachment is looking more and more likely after midterms.

Yes, I am.   I'm appalled that people in here are putting tribe over principal.  Bob is actually happy over a knuckledragger getting elected.

They're cheering the probable election of a guy that opposes banning those scary looking "assault" rifles.

What the Dems did was nominate a Republican calling himself a Dem.   As I said above, I'm good with that.  The Rep should do the same thing in some districts.   It would make for more affable politics and less divisiveness and I'm all for that.  Either way.  More love, less hate.   Try it guys.
1) for a women’s right to choose
2) for expanding background checks
3) for legalization of marijuana 
4) pro union
5) against cutting social security 
6) against trump tax cuts
7) for universal healthcare

Cool. Cool cool cool. Honestly man I’ve seen a looooooot of conservative stuff burying their heads in the sand this morning. That’s fine. Keep it up. I legit don’t care.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 11 Empty Re: The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-14, 11:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose is shook. Trump is decimating the Republican base. Impeachment is looking more and more likely after midterms.

Yes, I am. I'm appalled that people in here are putting tribe over principal. Bob is actually happy over a knuckledragger getting elected.

They're cheering the probable election of a guy that opposes banning those scary looking "assault" rifles.

What the Dems did was nominate a Republican calling himself a Dem. As I said above, I'm good with that. The Rep should do the same thing in some districts. It would make for more affable politics and less divisiveness and I'm all for that. Either way. More love, less hate. Try it guys.
you seem upset.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-14, 11:35

some idiot posted this.. 7 posts ago..

Bobby Sak wrote:yeah..

but his victory in a district that went to the racist, bigoted sexual predator by 20 points MUST be minimized by republicans.
The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 11 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-14, 11:39

LooseGoose wrote:

Yes, I am. I'm appalled that people in here are putting tribe over principal.

Goose has (ironic) jokes!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-14, 11:48

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yes, I am.   I'm appalled that people in here are putting tribe over principal.  

Goose has (ironic) jokes!
I love being lectured about "principal" from republicans..

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 11 Giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-14, 12:03

oh, it should also be noted that republican groups threw nearly 11 millions dollars at their candidate in this race.

That's a lot of money to prove how much you don't care about something.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-03-14, 15:22

That Lamb guy’s idea of pro-life includes keeping late term abortions for health reasons of the mother, continued sale of morning after pills and IUD’s. Enough where Familiy Reasearch ran ads comparing Lamb to Kim Jong-un.

He wants a strong military and taxes to support what it costs.

My kind of knuckle dragging Democrat moderate who I would vote for if I was in his district.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-14, 15:43

GRR Spartan wrote:That Lamb guy’s idea of pro-life includes keeping late term abortions for health reasons of the mother, continued sale of morning after pills and IUD’s. Enough where Familiy Reasearch ran ads comparing Lamb to Kim Jong-un.

He wants a strong military and taxes to support what it costs.

My kind of knuckle dragging Democrat moderate who I would vote for if I was in his district.
The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 11 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-14, 16:44

you remember how much the racist, bigoted sexual predator liked the knuckle-draggin' republican in PA?

now he's okay with embracing Democratic values..

"The Democrat in the race really embraced the President's policies and position, where he didn't embrace Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leader," White House spokesman Raj Shah told reporters aboard Air Force One.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-14, 17:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:you remember how much the racist, bigoted sexual predator liked the knuckle-draggin' republican in PA?

now he's okay with embracing Democratic values..

"The Democrat in the race really embraced the President's policies and position, where he didn't embrace Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leader," White House spokesman Raj Shah told reporters aboard Air Force One.

Dog they can say and think whatever the hell they want on this one as long as they keep swimming straight forward thinking everything is going great
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-14, 17:57

So, the Democrat who is personally against abortion but supports a women’s right to choose is replacing a republican who was against a women’s right to choose and was against abortion, but personally was for them and tried to talk his mistress into one.

Poetic in a way
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-15, 12:38

Still find it amusing as hell the way that the "principled" Dems are celebrating electing a Republican.

So, When Will Democrats Start Brutally Attacking Gun-Loving Conor Lamb?
What has barely been mentioned over the past few weeks, however, is the fact that Lamb ran as a something of a poster boy for the NRA.

One of Lamb's campaign ads, for example, showed him firing a scary looking assault weapon while the voice over touted his Marine background and said he "still loves to shoot."

After the Parkland school shooting, when Democratic leaders were demanding immediate action on gun bans and stoking rage against Republicans, Lamb came out and said that "new gun laws aren't the answer to preventing more mass shootings like the one at a Florida high school."

He also came out against a proposed ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines.

"I believe we have a pretty good law on the books," Lamb said.

In effect, Lamb sided with Republicans on what should be done, namely to focus on improving the system of background checks and on mental health issues.

As Vox.com put it, Lamb's pro-gun stance "is putting the Democratic Party in a tricky position."

That's putting it mildly, given the unbelievably hostile way Democrats have described Republican positions on gun control.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi has declared that someone with Lamb's views on guns is nothing more than a "wholly-owned subsidiary of the NRA." Sen. Charles Schumer said at one of the student protests on Wednesday anyone with Lamb's views is in "the viselike grip of the NRA."

And he's pro-fracking....it would be interesting to hear what position he holds that makes him a Dem?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-15, 13:04

LooseGoose wrote:Still find it amusing as hell the way that the "principled" Dems are celebrating electing a Republican.

What has barely been mentioned over the past few weeks, however, is the fact that Lamb ran as a something of a poster boy for the NRA.

One of Lamb's campaign ads, for example, showed him firing a scary looking assault weapon while the voice over touted his Marine background and said he "still loves to shoot."

After the Parkland school shooting, when Democratic leaders were demanding immediate action on gun bans and stoking rage against Republicans, Lamb came out and said that "new gun laws aren't the answer to preventing more mass shootings like the one at a Florida high school."

In effect, Lamb sided with Republicans on what should be done, namely to focus on improving the system of background checks and on mental health issues.

As Vox.com put it, Lamb's pro-gun stance "is putting the Democratic Party in a tricky position."

That's putting it mildly, given the unbelievably hostile way Democrats have described Republican positions on gun control.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi has declared that someone with Lamb's views on guns is nothing more than a "wholly-owned subsidiary of the NRA." Sen. Charles Schumer said at one of the student protests on Wednesday anyone with Lamb's views is in "the viselike grip of the NRA."

And he's pro-fracking....it would be interesting to hear what position he holds that makes him a Dem?

There you go Goose, everybody is happy. Guns taxes right to choose and one seat closer to getting the zealots out of control of the committees. We all win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-15, 13:08

LooseGoose wrote:Still find it amusing as hell the way that the "principled" Dems are celebrating electing a Republican.

What is his stance on voting Trump out of office?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-15, 13:09

Well, shit. I wonder why the Republicans spent $11 million to try and beat him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-15, 13:16

I too go to investors.com to read an article about guns and say “yes that’s the thing I like”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-03-15, 19:04

Trump's as shook up as the rest of the connies.

He campaigns for Saccone, sends his VP, a son and his daughter to campaign for the losing candidate plus the GOP and "Conservative" Super Pacs spent $10.7M to elect the Republican candidate.

Now the same bozos want to say the Democrat is a Republican.

Bottom line is the GOP nominated a Trump clone and they pissed away a district Trump won by 20 points.
Now the only thing the mopes can do is call Lamb a Republican?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-16, 05:11

my man Goose is trying a little too hard in this thread. The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-11-07, 07:32

The 1st test - April 18th - Georgia - Page 11 276803595

HOUSE 6
D Lucy McBath 50.5% 159,268
R Karen Handel 49.5% 156,396
Incumbent
NOV 07 2018 7:31 AM EST
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-11-08, 20:14

Karen Handel concedes 6th District race, congratulates Lucy McBath

The 6th District matchup drew far less national attention than the last time the district was in play, when Handel, Georgia’s former Secretary of State and a former Fulton County Commission chair, fended off a star-studded challenge from political newcomer Jon Ossoff.  He raised a record-breaking $30 million and enjoyed robust celebrity support but lost by 4 percentage points.

Ossoff showed up at McBath’s watch party and expressed confidence early on that she would manage to unseat his former opponent. He pointed to President Donald Trump, who held campaign rallies stumping for Republican candidates including Georgia’s Brian Kemp, as a motivating factor in voter turnout.

"There’s no doubt (Trump) is a huge part of why there’s this much activism, this much concern about the country, why so many people for example in the 6th district who may have voted Republican historically are questioning their political identity and asking whether the GOP under Donald Trump really reflects our values," Ossoff said.

Shocked

The Democratic Party had not held Georgia's 6th District since before Gingrich's first election in 1978.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-01-06, 08:18

Was yesterday #thelasttest or #thefirsttest2backformore

Anyway thanks Nigel
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2021-01-06, 08:28

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11