Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your breaking point Goose?

+23
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
InTenSity
msugolfguy
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
CheesySpartan
Herbie Green
Rocinante
The_Dude
WhiteBoyHatcher
AnomanderRake
kingstonlake
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
Death Roe
tGreenWay
NigelUno
DWags
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What's your breaking point Goose?   - Page 3 Empty Re: What's your breaking point Goose?

Post by Cameron Tue 6 Jun 2017 - 10:40

Yarmulkes are just the dumbest shit. Why are they so small? Even if one buys the premise that wearing a hat is respectful to God or whatever (which I don't, that's fucking asinine), wouldn't a hat that actually covers the whole head be more respectful?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's your breaking point Goose?   - Page 3 Empty Re: What's your breaking point Goose?

Post by DWags Tue 6 Jun 2017 - 11:09

LooseGoose wrote:Wags? This guy puts it pretty well here.....why the support even with the faults. All there in 1 paragraph.

Had any Never Trump conservative been told, say in the summer of 2015, that a Republican would win the 2016 election and, within his first few months in office, appoint a conservative to the Supreme Court; begin the process of replacing Obamacare; bomb Russia’s ally Assad after he again used chemical weapons; appoint the most conservative cabinet in modern American history; begin undoing hysteria-based, economy-choking EPA regulations; label the Iranian regime “evil” in front of 50 Muslim heads of state; wear a yarmulke at the Western Wall; appoint a U.N. ambassador who regularly condemns the U.N. for its moral hypocrisy; restore the military budget; and work on lowering corporate tax rates, among other conservative achievements — that Never Trump conservative would have been jumping for joy.

Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump

A Response to My Conservative Critics About Trump

Words vs deeds. What did trump end up doing with our embassy as far as Israel? What case was passed to prove the court is conservative?

Keep your eye on the ball.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 6 Jun 2017 - 13:02

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Wags? This guy puts it pretty well here.....why the support even with the faults. All there in 1 paragraph.

Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump

A Response to My Conservative Critics About Trump

Words vs deeds. What did trump end up doing with our embassy as far as Israel? What case was passed to prove the court is conservative?

Keep your eye on the ball.

I think Trump has lowered his handicap while in office. That's an achievement.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 21:12

Longtime Trump attorney hires lawyer in Russia probe

What's your breaking point Goose?   - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 22:25

Sounds like D.C. Law firms won't be foraging for billings.

Read where Trump's lawyer has hired lawyer because of the Russian investigation.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 17:50

Bump. After that press conference if you aren't convinced he's absolutely nuts, I don't know what to say.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 19:15

DWags wrote:Bump. After that press conference if you aren't convinced he's absolutely nuts, I don't know what to say.

There are significant portions of Trump supporters who will never abandon him because he's going to get Roe v Wade overturned and/or is going to push through tax cuts that will favor the top 10% and really help the Top 1%.

I would like to hear what Transportation Sec Elaine Chao was thinking as he went off days after he went after her husband, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 19:24

There is no separation of trump supporters now.  They are all the same. He's given plenty of opportunities to the single issue supporters to be honorably discharged from him. If you still support him now you are all the same.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 19:44

I almost want to go with my wife and kids this weekend to see if a certain family member has changed his opinion. Almost. I really do but I don't know how I could keep things from reaching a boiling point if he started mouthing off.

I am pretty much off the grid. I assume you all know friends or family that "otherwise are pretty smart and cool people". Have any of them changed their stance yet?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 20:59

Herbie Green wrote:I almost want to go with my wife and kids this weekend to see if a certain family member has changed his opinion. Almost. I really do but I don't know how I could keep things from reaching a boiling point if he started mouthing off.

I am pretty much off the grid. I assume you all know friends or family that "otherwise are pretty smart and cool people". Have any of them changed their stance yet?

Nope, they are now doubling down on "white lives matter" and the left are being hypocritical.

It's going to blow, but I know two of my social psychology/OD profs have about 20 years of material from about 6 months.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:01

Yep, no one's gonna back away now. That train left the station a long time ago. They're in it for the long haul. It's all the media/fakenews/left demonizing this guy.

This country is seriously fucked. It's completely fucked.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yep, no one's gonna back away now. That train left the station a long time ago. They're in it for the long haul. It's all the media/fakenews/left demonizing this guy.

I'm with you. I recently was on a FaceTime group with an old research group. The two PIs all agree the trends are sobering. They believe the division will get deeper now that facts are being disputed, social norms are being replaced very quickly.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yep, no one's gonna back away now. That train left the station a long time ago. They're in it for the long haul. It's all the media/fakenews/left demonizing this guy.

There are some Republicans waking up and calling Trump out.  And CEO's.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:12

NigelUno wrote:

There are some Republicans waking up and calling Trump out.  And CEO's.

Not to go all Bob, but don't underestimate the stupidity of Americans l.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:13

I'm scared for my kids, but this happened in the 20's too. I. Elieve in the idea of America and I think in the end we'll straighten it out. But it will get worse.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:15

DWags wrote:I'm scared for my kids, but this happened in the 20's too. I. Elieve in the idea of America and I think in the end we'll straighten it out. But it will get worse.

Internet wasn't around in the 20s. People actual talked to each other. Thing's are different, don't underesimate our human disconnect.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:29

msugolfguy wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm scared for my kids, but this happened in the 20's too. I. Elieve in the idea of America and I think in the end we'll straighten it out. But it will get worse.

Internet wasn't around in the 20s. People actual talked to each other. Thing's are different, don't underesimate our human disconnect.

I'm talking about the fear that right wingers brought on after wwi. It's the same fear now, but probably magnified. Those confederate statues were all put up in the 29's and the kkk really increased in numbers too. Socco and Venzeti trial, attorney general raids without warrants, the red scare, all of it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:38

I just contacted my congressman. Said if he doesn't speak out against Trump I can't consider voting for him next election. Republican Cuban rep Diaz. My old boss told me he left the Republican party. A stronghold in Miami could flip quickly to Democrat. In hoping the Republican senators stay to stand against Trump, they can't be gerrymandered, so they need the votes. But they're beholden to their billionaire over lords.
Trump wants martial law, I think certain states are going to become unsafe soon.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:41

Just so you guys know, when the race war comes, I'm siding with the Darkies. Hope you all respect my decision.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just so you guys know, when the race war comes, I'm siding with the Darkies. Hope you all respect my decision.

DMX don't play.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:48

Serious? I saw that all along but I really thought this would be a tipping point. I mean if you are going to go down with this ship you are a racist asshole the way I see it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:50

InTenSity wrote:I just contacted my congressman. Said if he doesn't speak out against Trump I can't consider voting for him next election. Republican Cuban rep Diaz. My old boss told me he left the Republican party. A stronghold in Miami could flip quickly to Democrat. In hoping the Republican senators stay to stand against Trump, they can't be gerrymandered, so they need the votes. But they're beholden to their billionaire over lords.
Trump wants martial law, I think certain states are going to become unsafe soon.

Rubio and at least one FL Congress member from the Miami area are distancing themselves.

So far in West MI my Congressman , Fred Upton is doing what he has done since Newt Gingrich became Speaker. Go underground until he knows which way the wind is blowing.

I suspect Justin Amash to beat both Upton and Bill Huizenga who is now in the seat Pete Hoekstra held until he decided to run for US Senate.

The states to watch are Texas, Florida, Ohio, PA, WI and MI. All states Trump would need to win in 2020. If enough of the House members start feeling the heat and US Senate candidates for 2018 and 2020 start doubting their chances for re-election they'll turn on him.

VP Pence is a much more malleable politician and Trump is too much of a wildcard.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 21:55

Herbie Green wrote:I almost want to go with my wife and kids this weekend to see if a certain family member has changed his opinion. Almost. I really do but I don't know how I could keep things from reaching a boiling point if he started mouthing off.

Yea, my family hasn't backed down. Although they don't openly talk about politics like they used to. I know they are ashamed, but they don't want to admit their error.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 22:19

Dendrobates wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I almost want to go with my wife and kids this weekend to see if a certain family member has changed his opinion.  Almost.  I really do but I don't know how I could keep things from reaching a boiling point if he started mouthing off.

I am pretty much off the grid.  I assume you all know friends or family that "otherwise are pretty smart and cool people".  Have any of them changed their stance yet?

Yea, my family hasn't backed down. Although they don't openly talk about politics like they used to. I know they are ashamed, but they don't want to admit their error.

My father in law said tonight at dinner that he 'has given up" on politics, doesn't want to talk about them anymore and is sorry he voted for Trump.  So, there's one. Oh, and I wasn't really sure if he had voted for Trump. Was kind of shocked that maybe he might have and the wife was fairly surprised. he's regretful now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 22:27

They have a really good out with Hillary as the next choice.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 22:40

Herbie Green wrote:

Serious? I saw that all along but I really thought this would be a tipping point. I mean if you are going to go down with this ship you are a racist asshole the way I see it.

I think a lot of us see it that way. I've said it before, I'm not a politics guy. I don't view any of the typical left/right hot button issues as priorities for me or my family. This is not that. It is a human issue.

This shit is completely unacceptable, and using left/right issues to justify it is quite disgusting.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 23:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I think a lot of us see it that way. I've said it before, I'm not a politics guy. I don't view any of the typical left/right hot button issues as priorities for me or my family. This is not that. It is a human issue.

This shit is completely unacceptable, and using left/right issues to justify it is quite disgusting.

I never posted on any Wells Hall crap until a few months ago. I think/hope there are a lot of people like us but I don't understand what is going on in this country. I guess we really might suck and 30% of the population wants to wear white hoods and carry torches. Unfortunately I think Trump is the vehicle that allows them to express what they really feel. I don't know. It is really sad.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 10:23

Herbie Green wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I never posted on any Wells Hall crap until a few months ago.  I think/hope there are a lot of people like us but I don't understand what is going on in this country.  I guess we really might suck and 30% of the population wants to wear white hoods and carry torches. Unfortunately I think Trump is the vehicle that allows them to express what they really feel.  I don't know.  It is really sad.

Same with me. I never picked a side that I would always vote for. But this past election has made me pick the left side for good right now. I can see why people choose each side, based on how they live and what tax breaks they get. That makes sense to me, even if it doesn't apply to me. Maybe I would change my mind if I was in that circumstance. But socially, I am on the left side. After all this shit Trump has done, I have been completely turned off by anything on the conservative side. I am worried for this country by him promoting hate for people based on race , religion, and income. And now I'm worried about WWIII and/or Civil War II starting up. It's such bullshit this is happening in our country.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 10:56

the deplorables will always be deplorable.

all we can do is love and support those around us, teach our children better than supporters of the sexual predator have been taught and know that, eventually, love wins. Being filled with hate and anger in the face of hate and anger isn't a winning recipe.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 11:49

I picked the side of what's so funny about peace, love and understanding.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 12:34

Question, this is an odd year election...are you going to vote?

The fastest way out of this mess is for all of us to get off our ass and vote.

2018 and 2020 are huge, but don't forget about 2017 and 2019. Value the elections, organize and vote.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 12:41

I think EMU has a better chance of flipping a 5 star recruit away from Jim Harbaugh than getting a die hard Trump fan off the Trump train. Vote.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 12:50

This is all about 2020 and has been since Trump filed the necessary documentatiotn for the next campaign on Jan 20, 2017.

Today we are concerned but Trump knows his "base".  He has bragged about it growing and regardless of what some of us think, unless he's impeached or is forced to resign, he will still have a GOP Congress and US Senate after the midterms.  

For Trump, his alt left rant was directed solely at the base and he's counting on others who voted for him in 2016 to forget about Charlottesvile, the torch march, the chants, even the killing and his responses by Nov 2020.

In 2016 Trump won PA by 44,000 votes, WI by 22,000 and MI by 11,000. By appealing to those votes and possibly culling the voter rolls to eliminate voter "fraud" In just those 3 states Trump can be re-elected.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 13:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:I picked the side of what's so funny about peace, love and understanding.

Alt left = ELE (everybody love everybody)

Except for Nazis. Fuck them.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:29

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I picked the side of what's so funny about peace, love and understanding.

by popular republican definition, the United States was the evil, overly-aggressive "alt left" when we landed at Normandy.  Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

by popular republican definition, the United States was the evil, overly-aggressive "alt left" when we landed at Normandy.  Rolling Eyes

Don't tell that to Denish Desouvsa, Republicans can do no wrong.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 14:58

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You mean the guy who went to Costco the other day, obviously covered up stacks of other books with copies of his book (ironically titled the big lie) to make it seem like there were more copies than there were?

What's your breaking point Goose?   - Page 3 Img_2725

I dunno I just found that to be humorous.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 15:17

What's your breaking point Goose?   - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 15:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

You mean the guy who went to Costco the other day, obviously covered up stacks of other books with copies of his book (ironically titled the big lie) to make it seem like there were more copies than there were?

What's your breaking point Goose?   - Page 3 Img_2725

I dunno I just found that to be humorous.

I was in Barnes & Noble earlier today. They had two copies of his book in the current affairs section. I stacked them behind a Glenn Beck book.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 15:37

Comforting to know that there are folks in our backyard who are still buying the shtick.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/community/howell/2017/08/16/200-gather-howell-support-trump-wake-criticism/572060001/

What in the fuck is wrong with people. Is it that hard to just say hey, I'm all for conservative politics but this guy is an ass???
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next